PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Text Games

Wampa Stompa
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:37:20 PM
Before MMORPGs we had MUD (Multi-User Domains). They're great interactive games and there are a LOT of Star Wars based ones. Goto mudconnector.com (large archive of different MUDs, MOOs, MUCKs, MUSHs, etc.).

Anyone else play these games?

-Wampa Stompa

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:49:49 PM
I MUD.

http://discworld.imaginary.com:5678/index.html

Not Discworld, tho. ^_^;

Wampa Stompa
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:56:58 PM
Kewl, if you like Star Wars themed MUDs, try this one:

jedi.betterbox.net

Port number is 9400. Real popular circlemud.

-WamPa StomPa

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:58:08 PM
BTW

MUDs, MOOs, MUCKs, MUSHs, etc

What's the difference between all of those?

Wampa Stompa
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:03:03 PM
The difference is mainly in the style of gameplay. Differences can vary from anything to something as small as calling the creation staff Administrators instead of Immortals. MUSHs for example have a very unique command base thats is used to improve Roleplaying more than MUDs. MUSHs are too confusing as most commands begin with @ or + or end with % or =. It's not math, its just weird. MOOs I think are much more like chatrooms than a real game and the whole thing is play out through speech. MUCKs are similar to muds with a different codebase. MUDs can be used as an overall term for them, but are usually referring CircleMUD codebases or DikuMUD. It's all in the commands. Smaugs are prolly the worse in my opinion.

-Wampa Mudder... :smokin

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:05:14 PM
Oooh... how confusing :mneh

I've only ever been on the Disc MUD and a MUD I coded for, for a while, called Stuck in the MUD.

Wampa Stompa
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:08:01 PM
Never coded, nor built. I was an immortal on a few different MUDs though. They were pretty sick: created by perverted 'Trekies' (Star Trek fans). Kinda fun though.

-Wampa.... again...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:09:41 PM
Sick + Trekies ... ARGH no don't do that with the tribbles!!! >_<

Telan Desaria
Jul 14th, 2003, 06:22:02 PM
They were beamed to the Rebel flagship - where they'll be no tribble at 'tall

Wampa Stompa
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:13:58 PM
Yes, damn the tribble!