PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Jipped By LucasArts?

Wampa Stompa
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:13:43 AM
Mooks,

For any of you GameCube owners, I think LucasArts is neglecting you of some really kewl games. Though I admit Rogue Leader and Bounty Hunter were awesome games, and even though Clone Wars and Jedi Knight II had sorry graphics: they were great as well. But none of these games can compare to some of the ones that have come out for Xbox. There are a lot of Jedi playable games for Xbox where as there is only one for GameCube and it was originally from the computer and has awful graphics for the GameCube in terms of glitches and things. If you think about it, all we (GC owners) get are the vehicle games that are short and really boring when you beat them. So why is LucasArts denying GC owners the pleasure of some of these fine games? Why not give us a KOTOR or that new JEDI ACADEMY thats coming or came. No... we get to fly around and shoot TIE fighters. O, yeay.

-Wampa Stompa :smokin

Morgan Evanar
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:49:01 AM
Jedi Academy is based on the Quake 3 engine, which would need to be ported to the GameCube.

No.

KOTOR is gold for the X-Box and will be out for the PC in October, probably.

The developers for these games are Raven and Bioware.

Guess what platforms Bioware has made games for? PC.
Raven? PC.

Get over it.

Mortaniuss
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:01:49 PM
Exclusive titles are "exclusive" because they want you to buy the system they're on for that game. If you feel that there aren't enough Star Wars licensed games on the Gamecube, I'd suggest getting a system which has more of the games you'd like to play. After all, the games make the system, not the other way around.

Also, JKII had gorgeous graphics on the PC. If it doesn't look so hot on the 'Cube, it's a limitation of the console.

Jedi Academy is more like an expansion pack than a full-fledged sequel, and expansion packs rarely get ported (Bloodmoon/Tribunal being the only exception I can think of).

Wampa Stompa
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:30:04 PM
I'm not saying import any more games for the computer: I'm saying how come we never really get any of the most popular games for GameCube. I don't care about KOTOR or the Jedi Academy expansion, I just think we should get more interesting games than the same ol'. Jedi Knight II and Bounty Hunter was a difference, but JKII came from the PC (and the graphics ain't exactly kickin' despite what you think). It's a good game and so is Bounty Hunter. No 'Get Over It' about it. We need at least one Jedi game. Hopefully Rebel Strike will have more ground missions.

-Wampa |I

Morgan Evanar
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:43:42 PM
Upgrade to/ buy a better PC and get an X-Box. Stop being a whiny fanboy and buck up with your dollars.

Wampa Stompa
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:52:49 PM
Xbox controller sucks. Could buy one for PC but the controls would be just as difficult to navigate games like those.

You can't buck up in poverty. :|

-Wampa Stompa

BTW, how do you set those icons under your name (i think there called URLs)

Wampa Stompa
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:55:17 PM
Err, they're called AVATARS. :|

and never mind.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:33:05 PM
GameCube gets Rogue Squadren, so I happy with it.

Mortaniuss
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:08:13 PM
Xbox controller sucks. Could buy one for PC but the controls would be just as difficult to navigate games like those.IMO, the Gamecube controller is much worse than the X-Box one. The shoulder keys are really uncomfortable.

Also, the good ol' mouse + keyboard will give you better performance in just about any game, excluding fighting games. Even then, you can get a gamepad.

As far as JK2's graphics... well, a picture says a thousand words, or something like that: http://jedinights.com/jk2shots/screen3_12x76.jpg

Wampa Stompa
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:16:03 PM
Can't argue with the picture, the GameCube musta really screwed this game bad because it's the worst game in terms of graphics that I own (and I got about 12 of them). People are really bony in the GC version.

I still think Xbox controls suck. I have big hands but its too wide for my taste. The GameCube controller is much more compact but still easier to use.

I don't know about PC controllers. Never had one.

To Dyzm, Rogue Leader is a great game but its pretty short. Maybe Rebel Strike will extend it but it looks like a whole different game redoing the same scenes as the first Rogue Leader.

-Wampa Stompa (<--Code from an old star wars game, which one? guess.)

Charley
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:06:52 AM
Xbox controls have grown on me so much. Its the first control that I've been truly happy with since the regular ol nintendo pad.

I haven't really felt the urge to get a console until now. I really am taking a liking to Xbox stuff.

Wampa Stompa
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:52:42 AM
Nothing against Xbox, I actually think its better than GameCube in most features (e.g. DVD player, data space). Don't have enough money to buy one now. Got a friend who has one and I've played its controls. Don't favor them too much.

Mortaniuss
Jul 11th, 2003, 10:52:08 AM
Have you tried one of the X-Box S controllers? Most people that dislike the normal X-Box controller like the S version.

Bluntman
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:26:44 AM
While you peeps are on controllers, are there ones for the PC that function similar to console controls? Be better to have a control pad than a joy stick. They don't sell many where I'm from. :wings

Morgan Evanar
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:50:08 AM
Originally posted by Bluntman
While you peeps are on controllers, are there ones for the PC that function similar to console controls? Be better to have a control pad than a joy stick. They don't sell many where I'm from. :wings There are USB adapters for both the XBox controller. OR you can hack the wire apart yourself and hack apart a USB extension cable, tada. And also USB adapters for the PS2 controller.

There are also very nice ones specifically for the PC from Thrustmaster, Logitec, Microsoft and Gravis.

If the XBox or PS2 controllers give you tent pants, get the USB adapter. If not, find a PC solution you like.

Also, gamepads suck for shooters and RTS games.

Tujk
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:55:18 AM
Actually, I think that Nintendo is getting something closer to what players want... I'd -love- to see a new beefed up flight game for the PC. So much has changed on the game scene since XW:A ...

Oh to strap on a B-Wing again and cause havock...

Charley
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:15:48 PM
^^^

A SW fighter game with today's graphics would really be nice.

Darth007
Jul 12th, 2003, 09:16:29 PM
aw i remember XWA i was so hyped up for that game. The fact that you could hyperspace to different locations in one fight and all the new ships and the YT-1200's or whatever, then the cheat to pilot Capitol Ships was great. Not the mention the storyline was long and fun. TIE Fighter was definately my favorite though, and then XvT: Balance of Power....mmmhmm... we need more of those

Tujk
Jul 13th, 2003, 06:49:09 AM
I'd love to see a flight sime done in the style of XW:A that's set in the NJO... particuarly if you threw in some RPG and Adventure game type elements. Upgrade your craft, put together a fighting squadron... kick the Vong's <smallfont color=#ff00ff>-spandex-</smallfont>...

or play as the Vong... with less storyline, but more "kill them all!"

Charley
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:58:45 AM
I'd prefer to have nothing to do with the Vong whatsoever, since I utterly abhor that stupid addition to EU and I think any game that isn't rebels vs empire is pretty much a waste of time.

Darth Viscera
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:09:03 AM
And they killed Chewie for no reason.

Tujk
Jul 13th, 2003, 12:14:12 PM
They've milked the rebellion era pretty good.

Fact of the matter is, if they did such a game well, it wouldn't matter what the storyline is, as long as you can limit the ships in PvP to certain ones, you can have nearly any era conflict.

Bluntman
Jul 13th, 2003, 05:01:18 PM
THEY KILLED CHEWIE!?!?!?!?!

That, uhh, sucks <smallfont color=#ff00ff>-pancake batter-</smallfont>!

Anyhow, these USB adapters song kewl. I like the PS2 controllers, I need the Analogs tho: alot heavier, need some weight in em. Never played XW, but from what you guys say about it, it sounds pretty freakin awesome. I look into the PC controllers: theres a bestbuy somewheres round here. Anywho, I'd wanna see an XWA based on the novels by Michael Stackpole, err whatever his name is. Unless they already have, I dunno, I just like the X-Wing novels.

Best smilie: :duel

Bluntman :smokin

Charley
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:29:46 PM
The Vong are abhorrently awful. Its like badly thought-out Zerg, in Star Wars. Why would I be interested in that garbage?

Tujk
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:08:39 PM
Because it beats the regurgitated crap that the EU books were becoming?

Darth Viscera
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:19:10 PM
Or not.

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:53:18 AM
Vong are in the wrong universe. When you get into the concepts and stuff, it's pretty godo and even - gasp!- well thought out. But, they suck because they are plainly completely and utterly in the wrong universe. They would make a resonable fit into Star Trek. But a truly rancid one into SW.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jul 15th, 2003, 04:11:41 AM
Star Trek would be perfect... Vong vs. the Borg.

What they needed in Star Wars to have the second Sith Wars.

Tujk
Jul 16th, 2003, 07:30:41 AM
Honestly, I think the old golden age style sith are more a perversion to Star Wars than that Vong...

Darth Viscera
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:10:26 AM
yeah, they had starships that looked like they were made out of bone.