PDA

View Full Version : The Recruitment Center and Welcoming New Jedi

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 10th, 2003, 05:31:11 AM
I was wondering if anyone else is interested in helping out with this? I have no problem with doing it (I quite like being the one-man welcome wagon :D) but I think it would be good for other members to take part in it too.

I know we currently have five members assigned to do this, but RL constraints being what they are slow people. I know at the moment everyone seems to be a bit tied down, but I just thought I'd open the floor to anyone* who feels as though this is something they would like to do - whether it be because IC their character is the friendly type (or organized type who likes to know everyone), or whatever.

There used to be a time when people would come welcome and greet new members, regardless of whether or not they had the power to 'officialy welcome' them. I don't want to discourage this either. It's always nice to have a few friendly faces around when you're new to something, IC or OOC :)

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 10th, 2003, 05:41:21 AM
(Hops onboard the Welcome Wagon)

Shandri La
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:14:24 AM
*would hop on board as well, but is kinda busy irl right now, but perhaps later*

Sene Unty
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:47:24 AM
I would be glad to jump in every once and a while to great the newbies...:D

Mitara Sinar
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:32:51 AM
I always thought you had to be a kight or higer to recrut somebody... Is that true?

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:49:47 PM
I believe you have to be a Knight to officially accept someone, but the question which I'm asking are very simple ones and the Padawan could glean the same information out of them. There's nothing to say that apprentices can't be wise too. After all, they went through the recruitment process and know first hand what they should be looking for :)

Xazor Elessar
Jul 10th, 2003, 06:21:25 PM
I'm here, still -- just slow to get to threads, I guess. Sometimes, there are no threads because others have gotten to them before me. :\

Pierce Tondry
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:59:40 PM
Pierce is more security than secretary.

General Tohmahawk
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:52:36 PM
Because you look fucking shocking in high heels and short skirt.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:36:52 AM
Originally posted by Xazor Elessar
I'm here, still -- just slow to get to threads, I guess. Sometimes, there are no threads because others have gotten to them before me. :\

Recently I have been doing them all because aside from you, no one else has been stepping up to deal with them. Once someone has posted I'm only going to wait a few days before I respond, during which time someone else is free to pick it up. I don't feel, when I'm able to post, leaving it any longer is fair on the recruit.

Kelt Simoson
Jul 13th, 2003, 07:32:51 AM
Ill skip on Jen Jen if you need me :)

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 14th, 2003, 03:09:11 PM
Jen, though I haven't done much RPing over the summer (because, frankly, everybody decided to take a vacation...:lol), I check every board at least once per day. I'd be glad to help out with the recruitment center...There's always a bunch of cool character ideas just waiting to get replied to in there. Do you mind that I'm still a padawan?

...might give me a bit more incentive to get off my lazy ass and start RPing again. ^_^;

Angelica Shin
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:19:39 AM
I'll help, more or less because Angel is getting dusty, and I need to do SOMETHING with her.