Jul 9th, 2003, 08:09:44 PM
http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=234298&forum=26

hurra and thank the fux

Darth Viscera
Jul 9th, 2003, 08:25:01 PM
For X-box. Oh well.

Figrin D'an
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:38:27 PM
It'll be another 6 months for the PC version, but at least we know that the game is essentially done. That's enough to get a w00t from me.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 9th, 2003, 11:16:55 PM
I am not sure about it, I more waiting for Jedi Academy now not sure when that will be out.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:42:37 AM
Wow. For once I'm actually glad we bought the Xbox :D

Droo
Jul 10th, 2003, 05:04:35 AM
Gone Gold? I thought if something 'goes gold' or platinum, etc. that it means it's sold a specific number of copies. But it's not released yet, so does 'going gold' mean it's been given a release date?

Article says July 16th.

Charley
Jul 10th, 2003, 05:18:58 AM
still refers to sales AFAIK.

Remember you can preorder things.

Droo
Jul 10th, 2003, 05:52:49 AM
Ah of course. That will explain it then.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 10th, 2003, 07:17:15 AM
Gold does not refer to sales in the game industry. It means a gold master copy has been created and the game has been sent off for duplication.

Mortaniuss
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:14:04 AM
ie, it's done. :)

At least they didn't try to push both the X-Box and PC versions out of the door at the same time. Whenever that happens, the resulting game usually tends to be craptastic (Enter the Matrix, I'm looking at you).

Charley
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:49:04 AM
The Xbox version was quite good, so back in your box.

Mortaniuss
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:38:27 AM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
The Xbox version was quite good for about 10 minutes, then became mind-numbingly repetitive and its gimmick quickly wore off.

Charley
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:32:50 AM
How so?

Mortaniuss
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:08:01 PM
The gun combat sucked horribly. Aiming was non-existant, even with the lock-on feature. Hand-to-hand combat was pretty enjoyable, but there wasn't enough variety in the attacks. Sure, seeing your character run up a wall, bounce off and kick someone in the head was uber-cool. But after the twentieth time or so, I was left wanting. The levels I played were layed out pretty poorly, oftentimes giving a poor sense of direction, even with the arrow leading you on.

Bullet-time in general was handled pretty poorly, only really letting you dodge bullets a little better. It didn't really help you aim or fight. Ironically enough, Max Payne did bullet-time much better.

Overall, I have to admit that it seems like the X-Box version is the best one, but I wouldn't say it's worth the pricetag. Rent, play for a few days, return.

But it's still basically beside the point: The PC version was incredibly buggy, almost to the point of unplayability. And I hear the GC/PS2 versions aren't much better. That's a direct result of the publisher trying to rush out all 4 versions on the same day.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 14th, 2003, 12:56:01 AM
I saw a commercial for this the other day and it looked sweet as pie. Therefore:

hurra and thank the fux

Quoted for great truth.

Sohei
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:54:46 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/starwarsknightsoftor/review.html

Good review. I never did like RPGs except for Ocarina of Time, but I'll give this a rent :)

Shadow Hunter
Jul 16th, 2003, 06:52:48 PM
It came out today, who got it?

Shadow Hunter
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:28:37 PM
I started playing it yesterday and it's really fun! I can definitely see many hours in the futrue of me playing this game. Upwards of 75. definitely a good buy.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:36:30 PM
People who have played it online tell me it's better than Galaxies.

Any truth to this?

Figrin D'an
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:48:10 PM
Please, please, give us the PC version soon...

imported_Grev Drasen
Jul 21st, 2003, 02:59:37 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
People who have played it online tell me it's better than Galaxies.

Any truth to this? I just found out the game isn't online play... so apparently the guy at eB Games lied to me about it being playable on Xbox Live.

Also, how much freedom does the game give you?

Charley
Jul 24th, 2003, 09:43:48 AM
This game is set up in a very D&D type of RPG style. If you've played NWN, you can play this and excel at it. The better graphics = more fun for me.

I can't emphasize how rockingly sweet this game is. I cannot wait till it comes out on PC.

TO HELL WITH GALAXIES, GIMME KOTOR!

Darth Viscera
Jul 24th, 2003, 10:17:05 AM
You don't have to shoot any small animals?

Charley
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:20:54 PM
So far? Nope.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 24th, 2003, 03:30:01 PM
TO HELL WITH GALAXIES, GIMME KOTOR! My thoughts exactly.

Ugh, the upcoming games have my wallet weeping in advance.

Sanis Prent
Jul 25th, 2003, 07:59:09 AM
My first character = Sanis.

Right off the bat, the Republic starship I'm on is attacked by a Sith fleet. An officer barges into my quarters and says the Sith are attacking, and orders me to rally the troops and get to the fight. I tell him to go to hell, and ask where the nearest escape pod is :D

Darth Viscera
Jul 25th, 2003, 02:15:14 PM
LOL

Sohei
Jul 25th, 2003, 05:33:36 PM
Man Red Faction II sucks. I don't suggest that anyone rent or try it. Very bad Turok-ish feeling to it.

Anyway, back to subject...

So you have like a mini-list of responses to each character interaction? Do they actually effect the outcome of the game or no?

imported_Grev Drasen
Jul 25th, 2003, 08:25:03 PM
If this comes out on PC before WoW I'll definately get it.

Charley
Jul 26th, 2003, 01:03:38 AM
This game owns so hard I want to flip out and kick my mom in the face. I've played for four hours tonight, and that's the time it has taken to fulfill the Jedi Council's admission requirements...forget anything else more involved. In three days of play, I've only seen 2 planets.

Shadow Hunter
Jul 26th, 2003, 07:03:33 PM
I've played for about 26 hours and am on to the final planet. this is one of the best XBOX games yet. There is a ton of different things to do. and different ways to do them. I am a dark jedi and my skin is EXTREMELY pale. I was playing earlier and my mom was like, "That guy is ugly!" He's pretty bad. I kill innocent people and stuff. and there is practically a whole different game being a light Jedi. Definitely a good buy.

Sera Kya
Jul 27th, 2003, 05:19:08 PM
Oh my gwad..........

If it's as good as you guys are saying (and judging by Chicky's review, it MUST be) I'm now totally ticked that the rental place didn't have it to rent.....

Oh well, I got Galereans: Ash.

Darth Viscera
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:31:39 AM
oh well, just 2.5 months left.

*flips out and kicks Mrs. Hicks in the face*

Darth Viscera
Aug 8th, 2003, 03:04:02 PM
This is nuts. I've checked everywhere trying to find a place that rents X-box systems, Blockbuster Video doesn't, nor does Hollywood Video. Can someone help me out? There must be a place out there that still rents them.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 8th, 2003, 04:59:27 PM
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1604

SA gave KOTR a very positive review. Zack goes out of his way to find faults with games. I think this is the highest score they've ever given a game.

Sohei
Aug 9th, 2003, 02:51:35 PM
Hey, people who have played it, does it have a lot of replay value?

Whenever I go to my local video store it is always out, and I want to rent it before I decide on buying it, and I also wanted your guys' opinion on it's replay value.

Charley
Aug 9th, 2003, 07:35:43 PM
As much replay value as any RPG I've played, I suppose. :)

Sohei
Aug 10th, 2003, 09:06:29 PM
Excellent! I've never been a fan of RPGs besides a brief fling with Ocarina of Time(6 months or so :) )

Then again, I was never a fan of flight simulators until TIE Fighter and Rouge Squadron.

Darth Viscera
Aug 10th, 2003, 09:44:23 PM
TIE Fighter was great

Sohei
Aug 10th, 2003, 10:34:45 PM
TIE Fighter was awesome. I loved the music and dialogue, and the plot was very accurate. The graphics were damn good for their time, too. And I loved careening through the debris of my first X-Wing. Good times... :)

Park Kraken
Aug 10th, 2003, 11:45:07 PM
X-Wing VS TIE Fighter was fun. X-Wing Alliance was better. Go into Skirmish, make it so that you have 24 TIE Defenders, 24 TIE Interceptors, and 24 TIE Fighers VS 24 A-Wings, 24 X-Wings, 12 Y-Wings, and 12 B-Wings. Make it so that your pilots are semi-elite, and theirs are novices. Great fun.

Charley
Aug 11th, 2003, 07:09:17 AM
Title of thread = Kotor Gold!

Kotor != Lucasart flight sims

Keep on topic.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:22:36 PM
I've only played 12 + hours of it. I deleted the character, starting over. My friend however, comes over every day to play his character. He does EVERYTHING possible, however.

I figure within the next week I'll start playing it as much as possible. Gotta bring the Xbox in the main room though, so I can watch for IM's, etc. :)

Park Kraken
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:42:33 PM
I just started playing today. I try to be good, but I made some bad choices that took me down into neutral territory, such as killing Dia, and the other bounty people by accident.

Teleran Balades
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:38:31 PM
Tell me. Has anyone beat Bendack in the deathmatch? For such a hotshot he was rather simple to kill.

Of courseno one stands up to a couple of grenades very well though.:evil

Park Kraken
Aug 15th, 2003, 10:15:57 PM
I found a really simple way to kill the Rancor. Sneak past it, kill the Vulkar guards, then engage it with blasters at the door, then lobb about 8 Frag Grenades at it. I am currently on Tatooine, and I just killed the Tusken Raider Camp. (I sooo felt like Anakin Skywalker then I emerged from the slaughtered camp, just sabering Sand People left and right.

Charley
Aug 15th, 2003, 10:25:17 PM
I killed Dia too...that sucks. I really don't know how to not kill her.

Bendak was pretty tough to fight for me, but then again, I closed quarters and went melee style.

As for the Rancor, I killed it the exact same way.

Park Kraken
Aug 16th, 2003, 06:56:13 AM
Oh, something I learned that could come in very useful, when you face a droid that has that shield that repels blasters, and lightsabers, double Vibroblade is the best thing to use instead.
When I raced for the Vulkars in the Swoop Race, my fastest time was 27 seconds. I made it after I found out that you weren't supposed to press and hold A, but press it continually. Kinda works like Ramjets.
Tatooine has to be the suckiest level I have been on thus far. The city is ok, espically since you get to kill three Dark Jedi, and steal their short Lightsabers. But the desert is kinda boring, time consuming. All you do is either kill Tusken Raiders, kill the beasts they ride on, which BTW is Gundarks instead of Banthas, get ambushed by a Gammorean Hunting Squad, or help Miners fend off more Tusken Raiders. Then there is the Tusken Raider camp itself. I think I had to slaughter close to 40 Raiders before I reached the Chief, and his elite bodyguards. I was down to my last character, and in very low health before I managed to dispatch the last elite Raider. Since I no longer had to worry about the Turrets, I just walked outside and killed the other 30 or so Raiders marauding outside the camp. I gathered a lot of Graffitti or whatever sticks, and now, I hope, Cizerack will pay me a BIG bounty for them.

Teleran Balades
Aug 16th, 2003, 09:05:50 AM
Not killing Dia is simple. Just convince the guy that put a bounty on her to take it off, he in the lower Cantina.

Kraken: Why on earth did you slaughter the Tuskens they have information for you plus three mini-quests for you to do. I'd finish the quests then kill them.

As for me I'm currently on the Star Forge facing an endless stream of Dark jedi and Elite Sith troopers

Park Kraken
Aug 16th, 2003, 10:16:07 PM
Oh, so your almost finished with the game, eh? Do you get any more members for your party on Tatooine? So far I have the droid, Twi'Lek, Wookie, Mandalorian, and Bastila.

Charley
Aug 16th, 2003, 10:35:37 PM
You didn't get Carth?

Uh, you'll get one more droid, this weird cat-like Dark Jedi thing, and a hermit Jedi. I think that's it.

I got them all except the Dark Jedi, who I couldn't figure out how to save, and killed her instead.

Teleran Balades
Aug 17th, 2003, 04:06:47 PM
I have eveyone in my party. To get Juhani(the cat-lady) you have to convince her to turn back to the light side.

Park Kraken
Aug 17th, 2003, 04:59:26 PM
Yeah, I forgot about Carth. I don't use him much anymore, I mainly use the Mandalorian, and Bastila when I go out. I didn't even try to save Juhani, I thought you were just supposed to slaughter her outright. Where do you get the Hermit Jedi, and the second droid at?

Charley
Aug 17th, 2003, 08:10:05 PM
I tried to get Juhani, but I really couldn't figure a way through the conversation to do so. (shrug)

As for Jolee and the assassin droid, you aren't there yet ^_^;

Park Kraken
Aug 17th, 2003, 10:12:08 PM
I meant, what planets? So I can go to those ones next........

Teleran Balades
Aug 18th, 2003, 01:43:11 PM
Jolee is on Kashyyk and HK-47 can be bought on Tatooine.

Charley
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:24:09 PM
Correct.

Park Kraken
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:48:15 PM
Where at in Tatooine can I buy HK-47?

Teleran Balades
Aug 19th, 2003, 02:21:51 PM
The droid shop in Anchorhead.

Ka' el Darcverse
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:37:32 AM
Beat it yesterday. It was tricky if you need help pm me.

Now I go Dark-Side on their candybums

Aki
Sep 3rd, 2003, 12:07:58 PM
HK-47.

I want one of hims.

I've played, made it to Tatoonie, screwed-up the Tusken raiders part, so I started over.

I'm still on Taris now.

Zereth Lancer
Sep 6th, 2003, 08:12:01 PM
im in the Temple of the unknown planet next to the STAR FORGE

I can kick everyones butt, no one can stand up to me

what are you guy's favorite campanions to have with you? I like having Jolee and carth..........

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2003, 08:38:47 AM
Jack Black, the star of Orange County and Shallow Hal is back playing a party animal again, this time in Richard Linklater's School Of Rock. He plays a rocker who fakes his way into a substitute teaching position to teach the kids the joys of Zeppelin, AC-DC etc.
So what would surprise most people about Black?

"That I'm not a party animal at all," says Black. "I like to relax with a good video game -- it's like a fahne wine," he says, accentuating the adjective for effect. "Right now I'm on Star Wars, Knights Of The Old Republic, though I'm still stuck on Tattooine. And I like poker. I really like to watch it on TV, on the Travel Channel and ESPN."

It's KOTOR related :)

Park Kraken
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:18:18 PM
My favorite chars change from time to time. Now that Bastila has been captured, and I found out my true identity, I've been having Jolee and either Carth or HK-47 tag along with me. I haven't used Mission since we left Taris. Right now I am on Korriban, and I got killed doing one of the temple tests in the Naga Sadow cript. Is there anyway to succeed in Korriban without getting Dark Side points?
Manaan is the most dumb planet I have been on so far. I got arrested after killing everybody in the Sith Embassy, and after I reached the Star Forge. I almost got arrested on a third occasion when I threatened a Sith Woman that tried to make me pay a toll in the Sith area, but I Force Persuaded the Guard to arrest the Sith Woman instead. I was declared innocent both times, and managed to free Sunry.
Has anyone gotten arrested more times than me, and has anyone been found guilty?

JediBoricua
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:32:53 PM
I bought the game today...

after just over five hrs of gameplay I must admit it was worth buying the X-box.

Tony Maxwell
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:26:22 PM
I got arrested for poisoning the giant fixan shark....and i could'nt clear myself and got banned from the planet

I dont think you can do korriban with getting dark points

but there might be other ways......

JediBoricua
Sep 15th, 2003, 09:21:49 PM
:verymad

Today when I turned on my X-Box to loose myself in more hours of KOTOR glory I was surprised to find that my 5 hrs of hard work had banished. They had been deleted somehow (it also happened with Dead to Rights).

I'm an X-box newbie and bought an used machine from a friend, I do not know if it's 1st or 2nd gen, so is this a known bug, is there some way to fix it?

Lance Freestar
Sep 16th, 2003, 10:30:45 AM
I imagine that poising the shark also polluted the bacta-like stuff. I did the other method the first time, and it worked just fine. When I got back to the two survivors, I got light side points, but the man got pissed at me, so I sabered him, and got additional light side points, which was a first for me.

Park Kraken
Sep 16th, 2003, 03:49:30 PM
Nevermind. I found out how. I just couldn't find the elders settlement before

Darth Viscera
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:19:17 AM
The release of Knights of the Old Republic has been pushed back from October 16 to November 18.

I'm pissed off.

txa1265
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:23:05 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
The release of Knights of the Old Republic has been pushed back from October 16 to November 18.

I'm pissed off. I've never known it to be anything BUT mid-November. That's the estimate I've been hearing since May ...

I never believe stores or Amazon.com ...

Mike

Darth Viscera
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:48:31 PM
okay, well, i go by what ebworld.com says.

Mortaniuss
Nov 11th, 2003, 10:16:12 AM
LucasArts is pleased to announce that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for the PC has gone gold and will be in-store on November 18, 2003.Hooray! [/elftor]

Charley
Nov 11th, 2003, 10:41:33 AM
Happy birthday to me!

Morgan Evanar
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:30:27 PM
YESSSSSSSSS /Zim.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:01:27 PM
Now that it is out on the PC, has anyone tried it yet? If so, what do you think of it? :)

Pierce Tondry
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:42:07 PM
My wallet is empty. :(

imported_Kanji
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:53:31 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
Now that it is out on the PC, has anyone tried it yet? If so, what do you think of it? :)

Grand but taxing as hell... Radeon 9500 and 516 ram? Ah Sheeit.

Taylor Millard
Nov 21st, 2003, 02:37:20 AM
Yeah...I think I need to get a new processor to be able to run it.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 21st, 2003, 05:05:05 PM
Is it that taxing? Thats insane. I bet it got some really nice graphics then.

imported_Kanji
Nov 21st, 2003, 06:56:52 PM
From the box

Recommended system spec
CPU: 1.6 GHZ AMD or Intel Processor
Video Chipset: ATI Radeon 9200 or better, nVidia GeForce 4 Ti or better
RAM: 512 MB Ram
Installation: 4.0 GB of free hard drive space

Master Yoghurt
Nov 21st, 2003, 08:37:00 PM
Phew, I can match those specs :)

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 22nd, 2003, 02:12:21 AM
Originally posted by Kanji
From the box

Recommended system spec
CPU: 1.6 GHZ AMD or Intel Processor
Video Chipset: ATI Radeon 9200 or better, nVidia GeForce 4 Ti or better
RAM: 512 MB Ram
Installation: 4.0 GB of free hard drive space

Jeezus, that's ridiculous.

Darth Viscera
Nov 22nd, 2003, 05:13:58 AM
it runs perfectly fine on my system, though if you turn the resolution to 1024x768 it will crash with an abormal termination error when you try to enter the bridge on the Endar Spire. Everything works fine at 800x600 though. The game seems to run smoothly at 1024x768 for me with all graphics options maxed. Specs:

Athlon XP 1500+
Gf3 Ti200 64MB
768MB DDR2100

Figrin D'an
Nov 22nd, 2003, 07:39:01 PM
I can match those specs too, but not by much. Except for RAM.

Guess I've got an excuse now to get that 512MB bank I've been wanting.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 22nd, 2003, 09:09:51 PM
Everything runs smooth for me at 1024x768 also.

My specs:
Athlon XP 2000
Geforce 4 Ti4200
512MB RAM

The game is quite addictive so far. Nice graphics, sound and good story. :)

Milivikal k'Vik
Nov 22nd, 2003, 11:53:11 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Jeezus, that's ridiculous. Uh, not really. Radeon 9200s are OLD. They're basically Radeon 8500s. The GeForce 3 is about 3 years old or so. You can buy a ~1.6 GHZ processor for $50.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 23rd, 2003, 06:50:50 AM
Originally posted by Milivikal k'Vik
Uh, not really. Radeon 9200s are OLD. They're basically Radeon 8500s. The GeForce 3 is about 3 years old or so. You can buy a ~1.6 GHZ processor for $50.

I'm not questioning age or cost, I am very well aware a PC to match that is less than 400 AUD now. It's the fact that it's an obsence amount of power for just a game. The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head that requires 512 mb out of the box is an Apps server with SQL, or SBS 2003.

My present specs for crap and giggles anyway....

3200+
1Gb PC3200
Radeon 9600

Master Yoghurt
Nov 23rd, 2003, 08:02:15 AM
Just wait until Doom 3 or HL2 is released. Those will require some power, hehe

Morgan Evanar
Nov 28th, 2003, 08:51:07 PM
;lskjfiojewfklsjdfnininnvd THIS GAME ROCKS.

Barton Henning
Nov 29th, 2003, 10:25:21 AM
Christmas needs to hurry up :D

Pierce Tondry
Dec 1st, 2003, 10:37:18 AM
My brother rented the X-Box version and the two of us are playing it together (in other words, he's at the controls doing the fighting and such, and he turns to me for help with the moral or intellectual questions). Though I've only watched him play, it looks darn fun.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 1st, 2003, 12:14:36 PM
Dude, get the PC version. You have a good setup. The game looks good, and it plays fantastic.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 1st, 2003, 01:03:57 PM
My wallet is empty. :(

Unless you know of somewhere that rents PC games... ?

I need more RAM tho. Hopefully I will get some for X-Mas.