PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Jinn Fizz
Jul 8th, 2003, 08:59:37 PM
AAAARRRR, shiver me timbers!!! It appears as if Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is a major hit, at least according to the critics.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/PiratesoftheCaribbeanTheCurseoftheBlackPearl-1123873/

I'll be seeing The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen this weekend, but it appears as if I have a must-see movie to catch when I get back from Comic Con!!! :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:15:10 PM
I am shocked to see such great reviews. The movie does look very good for a summer flick. I think I might go see it tomorrow.

sirdizzy
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:27:15 PM
I am looking foward to both

i am doing a double feature on friday but since Pirates didn't go to the good theatre the double will be LXG and Sinbad

i will have to catch pirates another time (saturday maybe)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:51:41 PM
I am curious about LXG, I am thinking it might be a good film but I am not sure if it will find an audience (ala Mystery Men).

DarthHERA
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:57:35 PM
I cant wait to see Pirates.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:21:42 PM
I saw it today, it was a great fun movie Johnny Depp was great in it, him and Rush stole the movie for me. Also the special effects were quite good the pirates turning into Skelletons were cool.

sirdizzy
Jul 9th, 2003, 03:38:26 PM
seeing it tommorow

Sejah Haversh
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:05:40 PM
The movie was nothing short of superb, and is well worth even double the ticket price.

Johnny Depp is magnificent, as usual, and Orlando bloom did quite well himself. The action was like that in an Indiana Jones movie, lots of fighting and liberal amounts of humor, too. The special effects were great, and the story was quite fun. It is very hard for me to decide wither I liked Sinbad or Pirates better, but I think I might be leaning toward Pirates.

Go see it, everybody, it's a wonderful film.

Droo
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:34:04 AM
Got to wait until it comes out over here, just like Sinbad and Hulk. :grumble

I know I'll love it because Johnny Depp is in it and he rocks. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:06:19 PM
PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN FRIKKIN' ROCKS!!

OMG, I love it sooooooooooooo much! *huggles it* The fighting was awesome, the actors, ESP. Johnny Depp, were terrific, and the pirates were incredibly pirate-y. :lol Such a great movie!!!!!!!!!!! <--so good just one ! wouldn't do

Ishan Shade
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:29:22 PM
Man, I'm going to have to see this movie.

DarthHERA
Jul 10th, 2003, 07:17:53 PM
Cant.

Stand.

The.

Wait.

:(

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:14:30 PM
saw it earlier today, was verrra nice, haven't been to a good action adventure flick in awhile where I haven't gotten bored....Johnny Depp was funny as well as the supporting cast...it all worked well IMO....

pirate name: Captain Anne Rackham

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

hmm, also a Rackham am I.....

sirdizzy
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:55:21 PM
i saw it ealier today, i'll post my review later on when i get it done

i got a bad case of sunstroke it was 115 degrees today so i am not feeling too well

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:53:35 PM
Mmm, the boys buckled a good swash, ddn't they? ;)

That was an excellent movie, although I felt it did run a tad bit long. This was a problem only when Orlando was not on screen. :D

(So Sayith Captain Mary Rackham, which is, of course, my Pirate Name. (http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate.php) "Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!")

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:00:49 PM
Mad Tom Cash

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You're musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!
...I said I was tone deaf :)

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:07:48 PM
Hahah.. that's called Pirates Irony, lad. :)

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:09:18 PM
Ahhhhhh, I mean Arrrrrrrrr.

:)

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:36:39 PM
Exactly. :)

And that's "Arrrrrrr, Captain." I believe.

sirdizzy
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:44:21 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)

Crime/Gangster, Kids/Family and Action/Adventure
2 hrs. 23 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for action/adventure violence.
Release Date: July 9th, 2003
Starring: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush, Jack Davenport, Jonathan Pryce
Directed by: Gore Verbinski

After the discovery of the new world many of the Europeans took advantage of the indigenous tribes of the Americans and became conquistadors and robbed and pillaged the new world. The worst of that bunch was Cortez who nearly wiped out the Aztecs for their gold. But in an offer to try and appease Cortez and save their people the Aztecs offered Cortez a stone chest containing 842 identical peaces of gold. But they did not tell Cortez that each and every single piece of gold in that chest carried a curse set upon them by the Heathen Gods and anyone who took the gold would be cursed to live a tormented life. For the moonlight shows the true appearance of the curse that of the walking dead who can take no pleasure in food or drink or anything we take for granted. When are tale begins we see the rescue of young boy who had been set on upon pirates of the Black Pearl and is the only survivor of the merchant ship that was bound for the 17th century Caribbean. Will Turner the young man though carries a secret one that he does not even know himself and that is he wears a piece of the cursed gold around his neck. When the young daughter of a Governor Elizabeth Swan discovers the gold she removes it from his neck to protect him from being a pirate. Many years later Will has become an apprentice to a blacksmith and holds a secret passion for Elizabeth who is out of his class and ability to woo. But their lives are about to be turned upside down as a pirate captain Jack Sparrow has come to harbor and with him he brings nothing but trouble. Him and Will face off and Will helps in his capture by the garrison for being a pirate. But during the night the pirates of the Black Pearl invade port and take Elizabeth prisoner. This leads a desperate Will to seek the aid of Jack in hopes of saving his beloved as it seems only knows the whereabouts of the pirates.

Wow simply wow. Very few movies combine so many elements of movie making so flawlessly that they can make you laugh and feel like you’re on an adventure ride at the same time. What makes this movie is not its story, which is adapted from a Disney theme park ride, but instead the actors it chose to portray the parts. Johnny Depp steals scene after scene as he plays the funny, and crazy pirate captain Jack Sparrow. His performance was flawless as you can’t help but be drawn into this movie as it delivers one action packed sequence after another. Geoffrey Rush and Orlando Bloom also put in really good performances to offset Depp but both play what will most likely be memorable characters. The movie does start off a little slow but once it gets going it does actually feel like you are on a theme park ride. The special effects were superb bringing to life the cursed in many wonderful action packed scenes of sword fighting, swash buckling and comical scenes of two of the funniest skeletons you will ever see. This movie made me wonder why Disney did not try its hand at more adult oriented films instead of mucking the bilges with one crappy animated film after another. As the first Pg-13 rated Disney movie ever they sure did deliver with a funnier and more enjoyable movie than Disney has put out in over 10 years. This movie is one of the must-sees as everyone should go and enjoy the ride.
5 stars out of 5

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:46:27 PM
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho!
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A pirate's life for me.

We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack.
Maraud and embezzle and even hijack.

We kindle and char, inflame and ignite.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.

We're rascals, scoundrels, villans and knaves.
We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs!

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er-do-well cads.
Aye! But we're loved by our mommies and dads!

AmazonBabe
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:51:50 PM
>_< I promised my fiance I'd wait to see Pirates until he got back from England.
Just one more week. :x

Well, I suppose to hold me over, I shall skip down to Dland and go on the Pirates ride. :D

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:58:07 PM
Hmm. Ride the pirates. :D

*drags mind out of the gutter*

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:59:47 PM
:lol ack! can't get the song outta my head again! *shakes fist at Ryla*

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:08:18 PM
There were about 35 assorted Wenches and Pirates at my local theater when I saw it on opening day. *rolls eyes* And I mean the ones in glitter brocade and tye-dye rufled blouses. That was just the boys. :P

Charley
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:12:48 AM
Dread Pirate Flint

Like the famous Dread Pirate Roberts, you have a keen head for how to make a profit. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

:cool

This movie has grown on me so much. I can't wait to go see it. As a matter of fact, me and my friend have a liter of Captain Morgan's that we're going to tank up on before viewing, to get the full pirate flavor, ARRR!

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:02:30 PM
Ohhh yeeeah. Keep yer eye out for Orlando's Jack Sparrow imitation. It's priceless. :)

Aaron Belargic
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:36:13 PM
Bloody Jenny Rackham

Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

YARRRR :D

I am definetly looking forward to this one now, after seeing more clips.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:46:23 PM
We must be related in the pirate world, eh Jen? ;)

Aaron Belargic
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:47:29 PM
How queer! :mischief

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:49:07 PM
But I'm in charge. SWAB the decks, ya scurvy sea dogs! :D

Aaron Belargic
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:51:07 PM
I dont have scurvy :cry

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 11th, 2003, 01:13:28 PM
I think that's probably a good thing, actually.

Jinn Fizz
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:21:13 PM
Bloody Anne Flint

Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

Hey, do they use that song in any form in the movie? I hope so...aaarrrr, Pirates of the Caribbean was my favorite ride at Disneyland for many years.

I also heard that there's one scene where some of the pirates are in jail, and try to coax the jailer's dog into giving them the keys...which is one of the scenes in the ride! YAY!:crack

Droo
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:54:25 PM
Black Roger Flint

Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 11th, 2003, 08:28:53 PM
Also I have heard something happens after the credits has anybody seen anything?

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 11th, 2003, 10:36:58 PM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
We must be related in the pirate world, eh Jen? ;)

bah, I was a Rackham too....also a Captain so swab my ship's deck too! I mean Arrrr!

sirdizzy
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:19:33 PM
alas i only sat through half the credits, since i had heat stroke and was filling really ill, normally i sit all the way through the credits

DarthHERA
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:45:26 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Also I have heard something happens after the credits has anybody seen anything?

Great.... - I read this after I come back from the movie.O_o

Johnny Depp is fabulous in this. Makes me like him even more (if that is possible) Rush and Bloom do a terrific job, too.

Thoroughly entertaining.

The music was pretty darn good as well.

Taylor Millard
Jul 12th, 2003, 12:58:21 AM
I liked this film a ton. It was fun (parts of it reminded me of the ride) the acting was good, the music was supportive and pulsating (I want the soundtrack) and it was quite funny.

Arr! :)

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 12th, 2003, 01:03:34 AM
Saw it last night, it was definitely the most awesome movie I've seen for a while. Johnny Depp rocks!! And I'm getting the soundtrack as well!! Bravo!! Bravo!! This is a must see!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 12th, 2003, 02:56:02 AM
Dirty Jenny Flint

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

Jinn Fizz: Yes it's true, they do re-create the dog scene from the ride. ITS HILARIOUS!

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:27:49 AM
And there is a scene after the credits. Worth the wait, if you like little odd bits. :)

CMJ
Jul 13th, 2003, 07:17:55 PM
Really good, really fun film. A tad on the long side, but very much worth the price of admission. A rip roaring good time.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2003, 12:59:51 AM
There's a scene after the credits! DAM it.

*saves pennies to go see it again*

Ishan Shade
Jul 15th, 2003, 02:20:03 AM
Yep! I saw it today, truely worth the money, and a good overall movie that kind had the "Indiana Jones" feel to it.

Depp is amazing, but then again I'm a big fan of his so I might be bias :D

Darth Viscera
Jul 18th, 2003, 09:48:46 AM
Okay, so here's what I don't understand. Keira Knightley was obviously good-looking enough in TPM to play Sabé (aka Décoy for Padmé, which sucks because Keira is a good deal sexier than Natalie), yet she can also act, and is apparently, as pirates of the caribbean shows, capable of displaying emotion (!!!), unlike Natalie Portman, who might one day be capable of playing a really bitchy Spock, but without the dry wit.

Which raises the question, why was Keira Knightley not cast as Padme? I demand!!! a recast!

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:00:00 AM
Well, she is two years younger than Natalie, If I remember right. Plus, she's not a big-name star and that's probably what they thought they needed.

Darth Viscera
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:31:05 AM
she's 4 years younger than Natalie. She was probably 13 years old when they filmed her in TPM, yet the point of putting her in TPM was because she was an exact double of Natalie Portman, their mothers couldn't tell them apart after makeup, thus she was perfect for the part of the decoy.

A big-name star, you mean like Hayden Christensen?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:50:30 AM
Well I don't think Knightly is that good of an actress, she has good looks but she hasn't proven anything in movies. Portman has in movies besides SW she has done a very good job in other movies, personally I don't have a problem with her in the SW movies I think she has done just as a good of a job as Carrie Fisher in the OT.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 18th, 2003, 01:15:54 PM
I disagree, I think that Kiera was excellent in POTC and Natalie was so-so in previous movies. But, alas, they haven't yet given me the job as casting director so I guess I'm SOL. :)

ReaperFett
Jul 18th, 2003, 01:21:07 PM
But Ryla, POTC is one movie four years on. That's plenty of time to get better.

Portman on the other hand, did Léon :D

James Prent
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:09:48 PM
POTC is fantastic. Kiera did a great job, I have no complaints about *anyone's* acting in this movie.

Darth Viscera
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:15:59 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Well I don't think Knightly is that good of an actress, she has good looks but she hasn't proven anything in movies. Portman has in movies besides SW she has done a very good job in other movies, personally I don't have a problem with her in the SW movies I think she has done just as a good of a job as Carrie Fisher in the OT.

Carr, you call looking indifferent for 2 hours acting? Carrie Fisher, OTOH, acted in the OT. There were ranges to her personality. Portman in TPM reminded me of a sedated Erin Brockovich (may she burn in eternal hellfire).

Ishan Shade
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:11:25 PM
Plus, she's not a big-name star and that's probably what they thought they needed.

And that <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>es me off. Was Harrison Ford a BIG NAME star when he was casted for A New Hope? Mark Hamill? Carrie Fisher? No! Why does George have to go out and get these idoit stars just because thier big name? Sigh,,,,,

ReaperFett
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:14:47 PM
Harrison Ford had got rave reviews for AMerican Graffitti :)

And as I just said, four years is enough time to become a good actor/actress.

Ishan Shade
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:14:55 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
Carrie Fisher, OTOH, acted in the OT. There were ranges to her personality.

Actually that's a good point Vis, I think most everyone in the OT actually acted, as opposed to the new movies where people seem to be reading from que cards "Yes M'lady" and "blah blah blah my young padawan learner"

Give me a break. George forgot that Computer's didnt create the star wars legacy, an actually storyline with good actors did.

ReaperFett
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:16:38 PM
I don't think the acting in the OT was any better. There is just the tinted glasses of memories shading over them.

Ishan Shade
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:17:48 PM
Uh, I disagree. The interaction between the actors was much more laid back in the OT.

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:20:22 PM
No, it was better because nobody had anything to loose in regards to ANH. It was a gamble that payed off and now we are stuck with over-inflated budgets, needless (yet cool) special effects and some of the worst acting (saved only by Ewan McGregor, IMHO) since I don't even know what. The OT was better, and I think many will agree there. It was campy, cheesy, goofy, and yet exactly what the OT movies needed.

ReaperFett
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:31:46 PM
and some of the worst acting (saved only by Ewan McGregor, IMHO)
Neeson? McDiarmond? LEE????

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:57:25 PM
Oh yeah, them too. ;)

ReaperFett
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:02:15 PM
That's better :)

Darth Viscera
Jul 19th, 2003, 11:00:36 PM
No, it was better because nobody had anything to loose in regards to ANH. It was a gamble that payed off and now we are stuck with over-inflated budgets, needless (yet cool) special effects and some of the worst acting (saved only by Ewan McGregor, IMHO) since I don't even know what. The OT was better, and I think many will agree there. It was campy, cheesy, goofy, and yet exactly what the OT movies needed.

No, it was better because they acted, and weren't a prime example of walking, talking cue cards.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:12:16 PM
Ok back to Pirates!

I watched it for the second time last night and my roommate and I stayed through all the credits to watch whatever it was on the end.

I should have asked what it was. It wasn't worth sitting through all the credits. >_< Although admittedly the monkey is cute. :)

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 21st, 2003, 07:54:36 PM
Yeah, but you got to hear all the soundtrack, so it can't have been that much of a waste of time, eh? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:37:53 AM
I adore the soundtrack, you're right. But I had to make my roommate sit through it all too. >_<

AmazonBabe
Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:07:08 PM
I ALWAYS stay through all the credits in a movie. I can't stand ppl who are in a such a hurry to leave.

And I finally saw Pirates last Saturday. I am sooooooooooooooo in love with that movie! That'll probably be the only movie I actually go to see more than one time this summer.

As a matter of fact, the next time I go see it might be at the El Capitan. They've got a piratey show that goes before the movie, and then afterwards, they have a small museum section next to the theater with the costumes and props from the movie. AWESOME!

:rollin

Mu Satach
Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:03:16 PM
But why is all the Rum gone!

Seen it 3 times already. :D

Ishan Shade
Jul 24th, 2003, 12:59:16 PM
:lol

....BUT WHY IS ALL THE RUM GONE??

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:15:11 PM
*Drinks all the rum* :D

Aaron Belargic
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:22:35 PM
*looks at watch ... sigh ... waits for movie to come out*

Nevlonniel
Jul 24th, 2003, 05:05:07 PM
Come to Cali, Jenny, and we'll go see it at the El Capitan theater! :D

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 25th, 2003, 11:12:20 AM
Pay my fare and I'm there! :D

ReaperFett
Jul 25th, 2003, 11:16:10 AM
Ooh ooh, me too! :D

Ishan Shade
Jul 26th, 2003, 12:35:28 PM
hey I wanna come too! :D

DarthHERA
Jul 26th, 2003, 07:28:32 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Ok back to Pirates!

I watched it for the second time last night and my roommate and I stayed through all the credits to watch whatever it was on the end.

I should have asked what it was. It wasn't worth sitting through all the credits. >_< Although admittedly the monkey is cute. :)

I did the exact same thing LD, and had the exact same reaction.

It was like.."oh" O_o

Watching it the second time, though, I really looked at all the costumes and sets. So much work involved in it all.

I think my favorite quote from it is:

"There'll be no livin with her after this"

Jinn Fizz
Jul 27th, 2003, 05:04:24 PM
Finally saw it today, and it was great :). A good old-fashioned kick-butt pirate movie, with a very non-traditional pirate as one of the lead characters. Johnny Depp is mondo kewl. :cool

Since POTC was my favorite ride at Disneyland for years, part of the fun of the movie was catching all the moments that were straight out of the ride. The jailed pirates trying to entice the dog holding the keys in his mouth, the guy sleeping with the pigs, the guy sitting on the rickety barrels and drinking, "dead men tell no tales," "yo ho, yo ho, the pirate's life for me," and my all-time favorite moment from the ride, the skeleton drinking the bottle of wine. They didn't miss a trick! :D

I'm glad the movie turned out to be so good, 'cause there were some major frustrations for me before it started. First, people kept going in and out of the theater and swinging the door open so hard it was getting stuck open, and no one else seemed to give a rat's patootie that the theater was now being flooded with light--except for me, who had to get up a total of 3 times to shut the damn door. Plus, no joke, I checked my watch, we were subjected to between 15-20 minutes of commercials (including 2 for TV shows :p) and trailers. Finally, there was the woman who apparently thought it was quite alright to let her toddler run up and down the aisles, laughing, screaming, slamming empty seats, and just making a nuisance of himself, just as long as she followed him, or at least stood in the aisle to keep an eye on him. After a few minutes, the kid quit doing it, finally. Sheesh, some people just have no clue whatsoever :rolleyes.

AmazonBabe
Jul 28th, 2003, 04:06:46 PM
SO FREAKIN CLOSE!!! (http://www.latinoreview.com/moviereviews/2002/pirates/potc-setpics.html)

I can't BELIEVE they were that freakin close to me (right next door ppl... RIGHT NEXT DOOR as I live in Palos Verdes), and I DIDN'T KNOW!!! #@%@#@#@% *Tears hair out.*

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

:: Bangs head repeatedly against desk. ::

#$@^@#%#%#^@@#%!%!#@$~@^%#^$

:verymad

:cry:cry:cry

Lady Vader
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:51:16 PM
And as if THAT couldn't make things make me feel bad... I just found out today (or rather was reminded by my sis), that back last fall or so, while she was driving back from her dance class along the verry road that passes by the Old Marineland area, she said there was a BIG castle there. And one night, there were big plumes of fire, LOTS of fog from a huge fog machine, and a BEEEG defused light to look like moon light.

And what makes it all worse was that I remembered her telling me about the castle and how I said we should check it out... but I never did!

Why me? :cry

*Decides it's time to slam self into wall again.*

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 29th, 2003, 01:00:58 PM
-patpat-

There there ... :(

AmazonBabe
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:05:20 PM
Gah! It just get's better and better...

I ALSO found out that some of the sets up on the PV cliff were used for the new movie "Hildalgo" (sp?) coming out in the fall I think... and it stars Vigo Mortison.

So, I have now successfully missed TWO actors from LOTR, and they were only 10 minutes away... 10 minutes away...

It's a conspiracy, I tell you! The universe is out to get me but good! :mad

:cry

:: Nuzzles face into elf's shoulder. ::

EDIT: On a side note... if "Troy" is still being filmed, maybe, but some luck of sorts, they'll film here on the cliffs of PV (famous for filming of sea battles, castles by the sea, etc)... so maybe that'll be my second chance. Maybe. One can only hope. :: Prays ::

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:06:21 PM
The shots of Troy look delish. Go, go seek them out like the crazed fangirl that I know you are!!

AmazonBabe
Jul 29th, 2003, 02:15:12 PM

YUS!

:: Trips on her way out. ::

:p

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:54:56 PM
*Thanks Jen repeatedly for her picture discovery on LJ.*

Mmmm, Orlando wet and shirtless. Life is beautiful.

ReaperFett
Aug 7th, 2003, 12:47:02 PM
Seen it. Overly hugely enjoyable, but the trailer ruined some of the best parts.

The SFX were great, if this or Hulk doesn't win the Oscar I'll burn the building down :)

I do think Depp helped gloss over any slight flaws there were. Rush was a great captain, Knightly was alright barring the odd scene, and Bloom still hasn't impressed me yet.

And I presume Jack is related to Will, as he cut his hand before throwing the Gold at the end.

Oh, and the monkey rules :D

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2003, 05:02:25 AM
Crikey, what a good movie!

Depp was totally hilarious, IMO. I couldn't stop laughing :D

The fight scenes at the end were so much fun to watch, especially when they were going in and out of the moonlight!

The soundtrack was gorgeous, too. Sent shivers up my spine.

Park Kraken
Aug 15th, 2003, 05:32:29 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

ReaperFett
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:57:25 AM
I don't want a sequel though in a way. To me, the two biggest plus points for this movie were Johnny Depp and Geoffery Rush playing the PERFECT pirate. A sequel wont involve the curse most likely (They added "Curse of the Black Pearl" to the title in case of a sequel, so this indicates to me the next one would have a different reason for the movie), so I can't see where it can go. Unless it is "Jack the Monkey's Revenge" :D

AmazonBabe
Aug 15th, 2003, 05:59:44 PM
Fett... No, Jack is not related to William (unless what's-his-face pulls a Lucas... "Will... I am your father... er... brother... no, wait... how bout uncle?" :lol). He had to cut his own hand and place the blood on the coin he had stolen in order to be rid of the curse himself. That's what the rest of the pirates had to do in order to be rid of the curse... save they needed EVERYONE'S blood that had stolen the treasure. Hence why they were so desperate to find the last piece and Bootstrap Bill or his heir. Get it? :p

(:: pants :: Nearly avoided disaster there :eek I mispelled "spoiler" and had to do a quicky edit. Thank gawd for fast connections at work!)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 15th, 2003, 07:06:34 PM
ah, thanks for explaining that AB, I was wondering about that myself.....:)

ReaperFett
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:03:39 PM
I had it explained to me already, and noticed it the second time when Barbosa mentions it, but thanks for making sure I'm proving wrong everywhere ;)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:13:28 PM
speaking of Bootstrap, why would sending him down with a cannon be a problem? He wouldn't be dead since hell they are technically anyway

opps, forgot the slash, sowwy....

ReaperFett
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:30:23 PM
Well, if it's any conselation, he probably drowned when the curse was lifted ;)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:33:04 PM
:lol still you'd think after ten years he'd have figured out how to untie himself or something....that would suck though, Fett.

Bootstrap"another day at the bottom of the ocean, lalalala *choke, die*

ReaperFett
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:44:18 PM
One minute he's dueting with the crab from The Littlest Mermaid, the next he's gone :(

I wonder if it was deliberate.

I cant see how they actually fired him from the ship though :)

Zeke
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:45:41 PM
Actually, if Bootstrap was immortal when they tied him to the cannon, he could have escaped and still be out there...SOMEWHERE! >D Sounds like a sequel idea to me...

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:48:44 PM
:lol they made it sound more like they tied him to one and pushed it overboard...yeah, that's what I was thinking dear, actually if you watch after the credits, it hints towards a sequel

Zeke
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:50:45 PM
But ain't that what Barbosa sez? "We tied old Bootstrap's bootstraps to the cannon" or somethin'? Sure sounded like they tied him to it and threw him overboard...

ReaperFett
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:55:00 PM
Waste of a cannon. Just fire it ;)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 15th, 2003, 10:11:24 PM
:lol I was wondering what happened to the monkey though too, but the end thing brings that to light

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:58:34 PM
I want a sequel titled, simply, "Pirates of the Carribean: Let's all look at wet Orlando again!"

Sounds good to me. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 16th, 2003, 12:52:32 AM
Pirates of the Carribean: In Which We Find Out Why All The Rum Is Gone

ReaperFett
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:00:21 AM
"Pirates of the Carribean: Let's all look at wet Orlando again!"
Describes his acting well, wet ;)

Jinn Fizz
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:22:15 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Pirates of the Carribean: In Which We Find Out Why All The Rum Is Gone

hahahahahaha!!!! :lol

Actually, Zeke, you might be on to something there with your sequel idea... :cool

Dutchy
Aug 17th, 2003, 02:27:49 AM
A way too long, lame <font color=ff00ff>I DON'T READ FAQS WELL</font>, unfunny movie. :)

Well made, though. Actually pretty watchable, if only it was about 45 mins shorter.

Charley
Aug 17th, 2003, 03:15:51 AM
Somehow I knew you'd say that.

Also, don't circumvent the swear filter, or you'll get SARS.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 17th, 2003, 04:21:04 AM
SARS!?

*sidles away from Dutchy* ^_^;

William Belargic
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:06:35 PM
To me, it has to be one of the best movies of the summer. Heck, it's the only one that had me wanting to see it again and again.

As to the sequal thing... about that whole thing with Bootstrap being Undead when tossed overboard, and goodness only knows after 10 years he would have found a way out of that mess, and is no doubt searching the Caribbean Isles for his son... it's possible for it to happen. Only thing is that it may not live up to the standards the first movie (being The Curse of the Black Pearl) put out.

Ryla Relvinian
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:13:57 PM
So, who would you cast as his dad? :)

ReaperFett
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:15:49 PM
BRUCE CAMPBELL!

Imagine Campbell and Depp trying to outdo each other on screen :D

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 18th, 2003, 04:17:46 PM
Johnny Depp is a marvelous actor. I heard that he's going to play Wonka in the remake of "Charlie and the chocolate factory."

Dutchy
Aug 18th, 2003, 04:26:01 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
Somehow I knew you'd say that.

Also, don't circumvent the swear filter, or you'll get SARS.

OMFG, what did I do?! Let's hope no one else read that word, or otherwise this world will never be the same. :lol

Let's hope the Governator passes some law on never to use any swear and curse words in any movie anymore. :p

Sejah Haversh
Aug 18th, 2003, 05:30:18 PM
Well, geepers, there sort of IS a no swearing rule on these boards, and has been for quite some time now.

I really enjoyed the movie, and it would be absolutely awesome if they could make a "Secret of Monkey Island" movie with the same case. Bloom as Guybrush Threepwood, that chick as Governor Marley, Rush as the Ghost Pirate LeChuck, and Depp could play Grog Otis. Imagine how good that would be? Oh, it would be the best movie ever.

Charley
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:44:08 PM
Originally posted by Dutchy
OMFG, what did I do?! Let's hope no one else read that word, or otherwise this world will never be the same. :lol

Let's hope the Governator passes some law on never to use any swear and curse words in any movie anymore. :p

Let me take the time then to introduce you to the FAQ that you haven't read. Click my sig and be enlightened. You act like I'm making this thing up out of the blue.

Actually read it this time, and save yourself the trouble, kthxbye.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:20:38 PM
spoiler is in regards to the after the credits part why did the monkey even take the gold again after all those years of the bad part of the curse? yeah he can't die but he'll be hungry and thirsty all through it

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:30:19 PM
He's a monkey. Not a human. Why ask why?

Dutchy
Aug 19th, 2003, 01:10:28 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
Let me take the time then to introduce you to the FAQ that you haven't read. Click my sig and be enlightened. You act like I'm making this thing up out of the blue.

Actually read it this time, and save yourself the trouble, kthxbye.

I respect the FAQ, but I'm just baffled by Americans and their moral values. :)

ReaperFett
Aug 19th, 2003, 01:27:50 PM
Drop it guys, it aint about pirates or monkeys. Well, not entirely :)

Charley
Aug 19th, 2003, 04:15:42 PM
This isn't me, and this isn't America. This is board policy, and if you haven't noticed, we've got quite a few international members anyway, including on the staff.

AmazonBabe
Aug 19th, 2003, 06:44:28 PM
I really enjoyed the movie, and it would be absolutely awesome if they could make a "Secret of Monkey Island" movie with the same case. Bloom as Guybrush Threepwood, that chick as Governor Marley, Rush as the Ghost Pirate LeChuck, and Depp could play Grog Otis. Imagine how good that would be? Oh, it would be the best movie ever.

OMG! :lol:lol:lol PURE BRILLIANCE, Sejah!! I love it!!! :lol