PDA

View Full Version : A Look Around (open)

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 8th, 2003, 02:42:25 PM
The youth had decided it was time to get to know his way around the Palace. Certainly, such an effort would take a great deal of time, but time was one thing he had plenty of.

He started with the area nearest to his quarters, identifying first the locations of 'freshers and turbolifts and committing them to memory. The boring part over, he began looking for the more...specialized rooms, libraries and such. The more interesting locales to be found here.

The places he could fulfill his one love, learning.

Unfortunately, he couldn't find a thing. The palace was too big, and even with a sense of direction enhanced with a connection to the Force, he still got lost very soon indeed.

"Hello," he called, listening to the echo. "Does anyone know how to get to the library from here?"

Southstar
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:14:13 PM
Southstar snapped out of his meditation when he heard the call of a lost apprentice echo through the halls. He must be... Southstar couldn't quite pinpoint the location, but the Force told him the apprentice wasn't far. He exited through the open door and walked out into the massive hallway waiting for another sound to give him an idea of where to start looking.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 9th, 2003, 07:44:38 AM
Je'gan heard something faint that sounded like a door opening. Fully aware that even in a citadel of the Dark Side doors generally did not open and close themselves, he headed for it immediately. His rubber-soled boots, designed to help him walk silently, were forgotten, and began to squeak loudly as he scuffed them along the floor.

Southstar
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:34:36 AM
The squeeks on the floor echoed throughout the palace and Southstar got an idea of where the mystery man was. But he couldn't just go out looking for him. Whoever the lost person was needed to find a way out for himself.
"Don't bother following my sounds. They will only cause you to become more lost." Southstar shouted. "I'd suggest you quit trying to logically find your way out and trust the Force to lead you out."

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:48:17 PM
Je'gan heard the voice, and he almost-almost-could figure out which direction the sound was coming from. Unfortunately, there were three halls leading off in that direction, and a quick glance showed him that they diverged hopelessly.

Trust the Force. Hmm.

He closed his eyes and focused, running through the basic exercises he'd formulated to let the Force influence him. Slowly, hesitantly, he took a few steps, trying to follow the minute urges that prompted him onwards, and before he knew it he had opened his eyes and was past the divergence of the corridors.

He repeated the procedure, triumph rising in him, for another three sets of divergences, until finally he found himself before Southstar. He bowed.

"Thank you, master."

Southstar
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:23:43 PM
"You're welcome. These halls have been designed to fool and trap those who don't belong in them." He said, "Defensive procedures; I'm sure you understand." Southstar began to walk towards the library in the east end of the palace. "So what business do you have in the library?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 12th, 2003, 09:11:36 AM
Je'gan nodded, understanding. Tactics, unlike many things, came naturally to him.

"I've spent the past few years reading about the Force and its history," he said. "I'm aquainted well with the area around my quarters; I figured the next place for me to go would be the library. My bet is that the Sith palace is likely to have a whole lot more information stuffed in its vaults than the average sector library, and if there's one thing I truly enjoy, it's learning.

"Tell me," he asked, "is it true the Palace library contains a holocron?"

Southstar
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:08:11 PM
"It is true, although I have not personally examined it." He said, "Tell me, why do you wish to know so much about the Sith?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:28:37 PM
Je'gan shrugged slightly.

"I suppose at my most basic I want to make something of myself," he said. "It's always been true that if you want power, people will get in your way, and the Force is the greatest power in the unverse. The Jedi Order just doesn't seem like the best avenue for dealing with people like that. Not to mention that the Sith are the oldest and most powerful Dark Side order in history. Is it terribly hard to understand why I would want to learn about them?"

Southstar
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:39:17 PM
"No, it isn't." Southstar said and then decid3ed to change the subject a little. "Who is training you?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:52:23 AM
Je'gan scratched his head. "From what I've heard, a man named Jodah of Giva. Haven't met him yet, though. Mainly I just hang around the traingin areas."

Southstar
Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:28:17 PM
"I see. Well, I have an opening for an apprentice so if things don't work out let me know." He said and noticed they were approaching the library. "Here is the library, I hope you find the experience to be educational... Now if you don't mind I'm going to return to my meditation, I have much on my mind."

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 23rd, 2003, 06:49:26 AM
"Thank you, master. I shall be sure to contact you if things do not turn out as planned." He bowed, short and sharp but sincere, and proceeded inside the library.

It was much like other libraries he was familiar with; books decorated every wall, long oak tables that shone a brown so deep it was almost black, a sign that said 'silence', a librarian-

Well, the librarian had a lightsaber at her belt. A fairly significant difference.

Je'gan was on the verge of asking her where the history books were, and had actually opened his mouth, when he spotted a chart of topics organized by number. Scrolling down the list until he found 'history', he soon found the corresponding shelf and sat down at one of those tables to read.

Jodah of Giva
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:20:50 AM
"The past isn't always an ally..." A voice rang from the shadows between two shelves. A man in flowing robes stepped out, examining a large, musty tome in his hand carefully. He passed an inquisitive gesture at the Acolyte. "Je'gan, I presume?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:49:01 PM
The young man nodded. "And you would be Master Jodah.

"I apologize for being confrontational, but while the past may not be the best thing to base your life around, the expression 're-inventing the wheel' comes to mind. Would the Sith have been reborn again and again if not for archives of the past such as these?" He waved a hand around at the thousands of books decorating the shelves.