PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Independence RP

Park Kraken
Jul 6th, 2003, 08:07:20 PM
Today I watched the movie Independence Day. After the movie was over, I told myself, what would be the Star Wars version of Independence Day? Probaly the Yuuzhan Vong "Invasion", but since that is so old now, probaly a Truly Massive Borg Invasion, or some new Alien species from yet another Galaxy. Ideas?

Morgan Evanar
Jul 6th, 2003, 08:11:35 PM
These sort of RP ideas have been shot down when presented by some of the oldest board members.

I think you should work on developing some of your characters before working on crazy, elaborate ideas.

Strider
Jul 6th, 2003, 08:48:50 PM
No kidding...

Charley
Jul 7th, 2003, 12:05:41 AM
Bad idea that didn't fly the first time it was suggested and won't this time either.

Peter McCoy
Jul 7th, 2003, 01:01:14 AM
Sometimes, the small-scale roleplays are the best.

Park Kraken
Jul 7th, 2003, 01:32:08 AM
Okay, how about a starfighter skirmish? Each player brings one squadron of hyperspace enabled starfighters into play. Sounds Good?

Alpha
Jul 7th, 2003, 06:14:37 AM
Most of the time Fleet RPs (even fighters) haven't worked out very well...

Daria Nytherciria
Jul 7th, 2003, 06:17:03 AM
There aren't many people around interested in dog fights or fleet rps. You just have to look at the state of the NR to tell that.

Droo
Jul 7th, 2003, 06:18:16 AM
I remember trying to arrange some great epic roleplay some time ago in order to have the entire roleplaying community involved in a story together. The ammount of organisation required is overwhelming and totally unneccessary as they never work out as you had hoped. Just stick to smaller projects.

Daria Nytherciria
Jul 7th, 2003, 06:20:25 AM
Plus organised RPs can be really tedious and boring. The fun part is not knowing what's going to happen next! :D

Garrett Blade
Jul 7th, 2003, 06:36:41 AM
Yeah! Like getting shot. Every time I do an open roleplay, I get shot! Last time I did an open roleplay, I got shot in the ****. I am in mourning for my ****! :crack

Naj Arilov
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:24:13 AM
Dogfights are fun if you arent having to RP a whole squadron by yourself...I always enjoy the SS RPs

The only problem there is, keeping everyone caught up. Arranging large scale battles are tough, even tougher when you factor in conflicting schedules and such. And this is only with NPC opponents...

P v P dogfights.......yur asking for trouble, IMO

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:28:32 AM
Originally posted by Daria Nytherciria
There aren't many people around interested in dog fights or fleet rps. You just have to look at the state of the NR to tell that.

...I take offense at that...:lol

Originally posted by Naj Arilov
Dogfights are fun if you arent having to RP a whole squadron by yourself...I always enjoy the SS RPs

The only problem there is, keeping everyone caught up. Arranging large scale battles are tough, even tougher when you factor in conflicting schedules and such. And this is only with NPC opponents...

P v P dogfights.......yur asking for trouble, IMO

Hit in right on the head, Naj. P v P dogfights are nearly impossible to do without the thread dying or getting confusing at one point or another. I think the only squadron that does it properly is Balmorra's elite squadron under Silus Xilarian.

P v P Fleet RPs are a bit easier, because not so much detail is involved. You basically just tell your ships to flank the enemy and then pound him with turbolasers and ion cannons, while the enemy does the same. No huge, elaborate posts involving "Cracken Twists" or "Rellis Flanking Maneuvers". (At least I hope so, some of those would look downright ugly with MonCal cruisers...:lol)...

~Lion the Admiral~