PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Coruscant

Park Kraken
Jul 5th, 2003, 03:25:01 PM
Okay, I talked about doing a large Fleet RP some time ago, but that thread kind of died out. This time, it is on. A NR VS Imperial VS whoever else wants to join in thread battle above Coruscant. The thing we are fighting over is a good sized station that is an old research laboratory which contains such viruses as Alpha Red, and some new technology, like Reverse Gravity Wells, Dovin Basals that have been attuned to where they can be installed in technology ships, and used like normal Dovin basals, and so on. But I want this to be a does not count scenario, meaning whatever gets destroyed here isn't subtracted from the group's ship lists or whatever. For fleet size, no more than 50 ships per RPer. Comments?

Droo
Jul 5th, 2003, 03:27:52 PM
I think there's a lot you need to learn about fleet roleplaying here before embarking on a venture such as this.

Park Kraken
Jul 5th, 2003, 03:34:37 PM
Like what (Kraken)?

Hades Eversor
Jul 5th, 2003, 04:05:42 PM
The quantity of ships a group possesses is no longer relevant, there are no records of how many ships any group possesses. Plus the idea of having anywhere near fifty ships per roleplayer involved is insane. For too much. Start with smaller ventures, skirmishes and the like.

Park Kraken
Jul 5th, 2003, 04:53:40 PM
Okay, fine. Starting, how about a maximum of 5 ships?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:05:06 PM
Feel free to skirmish in space, but Coruscant itself is permanently in the hands of the NR, so have FUN, but realize that you're not going to win the planet. Also remember the planetary shields, so you're not going to slag the planet either.

ALSO - I have no idea what other defenses there may be in place put by the NR.

I know already that some people are going to start squawking about this idea, so I'm going to say this ONCE: The planet is not touchable. Nothing you say or do can change that fact. If you don't want to RP ships, then simply ignore the thread, as it isn't going to affect the long term of anything in the first place.

Kraken - if you really want to RP a fleet battle around Coruscant, I'd get in touch with someone like Lion El Johnson at Home One (sub board of GJO) and talk it out OOC, see if he or anyone at the NR board is interested in playing this out with you. A friendly suggestion. :)

Christian Lightheart
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:22:45 PM
Uh... LD.. he's not targetting the planet, persay. Just a station above the planet. :p

But yes, Kracken should talk to those who are the NR fleet higher ups firstly. That'd = smart.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:24:55 PM
I realize that, but I just want everything to be clear. :)

Ooh also, Dovin Basals = Vong technology, and in Swfans, the Vong haven't ever conquered the galaxy, so we don't have their tech.

Slifer
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:30:13 PM
But they still invaded, right? I mean, if not, then how did the Imperial breakup come about? What I was suggesting was a piece of technology salvaged from a destroyed ship, done whoever knows what to in a labroatory, then placed into a station. And none of the technology stored there is confirmed. It's rumor.

Slifer
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:30:41 PM
I'm going to put this operation on "hold" for right now.

Pilot Akito
Jul 5th, 2003, 08:30:17 PM
Uhh...yeah seeing that the Vong are late for their invasion...

I guess I shouldn't of given them that map to Meras...