PDA

View Full Version : To those in the United States...

Pierce Tondry
Jul 4th, 2003, 03:13:45 PM
Happy Independence Day. :)

On a day like this, we really ought to reflect on our past as a country, y'know? We ought to see where we've come from and take note of the rough spots in our journey to help deepen our sense of national pride and keep the mistakes we've made in the past from happening again.

So if anyone wants to do that, go ahead, k? I'm gonna be busy eating hamburgers and enjoying a cookout. :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jul 4th, 2003, 03:38:31 PM
A day like this, brings almost a tear to my eye, knowing that our small struggling colonies forged together a cry for freedom which shook the world over.

James Prent
Jul 4th, 2003, 03:59:33 PM
woohooo! fireworks! *runs through with sparklers* >D

Alpha
Jul 4th, 2003, 04:07:40 PM
Explosives are ALWAYS good! :) The food is great too. :D Happy 4th everyone!

Destiny Stormrider
Jul 4th, 2003, 05:26:05 PM
Yep, Happy Independence Day! You guys were strong, are strong and hope you'll always remain a powerful country! (cause I've always seen the US as Canada's big bro;))

Sohei
Jul 4th, 2003, 07:16:13 PM
Or abusive cousin :D

Happy fourth, my fellow Americans.

Dove
Jul 4th, 2003, 07:39:26 PM
I've always seen the United States as England's student and successor.

Zeke
Jul 4th, 2003, 08:46:21 PM
So, who got up before 5 AM to go run 10 kilometers in celebration of our Independence? Just me? That'd figure. I'll have pictures up of it soon, if anyone's interested. And so's ya know, all I got for running 10K so early was a T-shirt.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 4th, 2003, 09:09:36 PM
Not me! I didnt't go running! Holidays have always put me into one of those deep-thinking sort of moods. Not necessarily thinking about the reason we have the holiday, but they just make me think.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 4th, 2003, 09:59:02 PM
Of course! Fireworks! Too bad I have a 7 AM shift tomorrow or I'd be out celebrate my country's independence by watching people blow up a small part of it. :)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:14:07 PM
I worked all day and night! oh wait that's not fun....seriously though, was an all right day, the fireworks are very pretty, still going on right now too....

Pilot Akito
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:25:35 PM
Ok, I've worked, eaten Ribs, and shot off fireworks, now what do I do?

Happy Birthday America!!!

Park Kraken
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:05:06 PM
Idependence day means holiday, which means no work, which means cleaning house! But on a good note, we almost have our wireless DSL network set up in our house!

Solomon Daenal
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:13:29 PM
Happy Independence Day!!!:crack

Sejah Haversh
Jul 5th, 2003, 01:02:37 AM
In the words of Kuzco, "Boom, baby!"

I got to man the rockets and mortar cannon this year. Aww yeah. Well, Kale and I did, at least. So, we the men, you know it. Go America!

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 5th, 2003, 01:06:40 AM
Happy 4th , America!!! :crack

We had some very good fireworks! Hubby and his bro could almost turn professional. For the past 4-5 years, we've had ppl stop their cars and watch from the street as we've set them off.
Several of them told us that we have the best 'home' display theyve ever seen :D

(all fused together and timed :))

imported_Ezra
Jul 5th, 2003, 01:31:27 AM
w00t!! Happy 4th!! :D

Naj Arilov
Jul 5th, 2003, 03:07:10 AM
We did a reinactment of the Revolutionary War!!!

ok ok.......we got drunk and shot bottle rockets at each other ^_^

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 5th, 2003, 07:22:59 AM
we got drunk and had a bottle rocket and roman candle war ^_^;

then pushed some people into the pool

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 5th, 2003, 12:21:50 PM
Originally posted by Sejah Haversh
In the words of Kuzco, "Boom, baby!"

You are my new hero. :D :crack

I ran across a busy bridge, TWICE, watched fireworks from the bridge, got drunk, went to the boonies at 12:30 am and shot off fireworks, then rescued a guy who was afraid of heights (no matter that I am too ^_^; ). Then I got his phone number. This is recorded because this is the first time any guy has given me his phone number (besides from online). w00t!

:crack

ReaperFett
Jul 5th, 2003, 01:11:39 PM
Admit it, you put him up there in order to rescue him and get his number ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 5th, 2003, 03:04:07 PM
It's not my fault I was the only one with a flashlight. :mneh

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 5th, 2003, 03:24:10 PM
The park right near my house is the BEST place for fireworks for several reasons. First of all, there is a professional display that is supported by the fire department. Secondly, there are so many friggin insane people around here lighting off huge mortars that you get a full 360 fireworks display. And thirdly, the fire/police are so busy that said insane people (who live across the street from me and lit off over a 1000$ worth of fireworks into our FRONT YARD and damaged most of the cars in our driveway) have to wait an hour before the cops come and... and... give them a slap on the wrist. *growl*

It's all fun and games till someone's car gets hurt. I swear, we have so much shrapnel in our front yard and back yard and roof that we just roll our eyes. They did this last year too. Oh well. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:08:09 PM
Ryla - I was downtown on the Morrison Bridge. It was insane!! My roommate made me run across the bridge. :cry

Charley
Jul 6th, 2003, 11:47:50 PM
I didn't shoot off any fireworks for the fourth, but I did run up a 50 dollar bar tab. Yay me.

^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:50:50 AM
Good to see you survived and got back home safely. :)

Darth Viscera
Jul 7th, 2003, 12:17:13 PM
I only like fireworks when it's me setting them off, and the cops in Maryland/Washington D.C. receive extra-special sexual gratification when they enforce the no fireworks law, so July 4th for me was basically eating 2 hamburgers and watching the fireworks in New York on my 100" TV.

Every time I go down to the south (the south starts 5 miles south of here in Northern Virginia) I take advantage of the huge fireworks stores, with their mind-bending sales and blowouts (buy 1 get 3 free....no amount of sarcasm can thoroughly depict what I think of that), and build sparkler bombs. Nothing like taking 10 sparklers, bunching them together and taping them up, raising the center one so it'll act as the fuse, lighting the fuse and running like hell to find cover.

Unfortunately, the last time I was down in the south was back when JFK II died, it was July 97 or 98.

If I were building a sparkler bomb today, I'd probably see if I could work my way up to 150 like Marcus did. A boom that big would need one of its own comic book captions to accompany it.

AmazonBabe
Jul 7th, 2003, 02:14:35 PM
I roasted marshmallows in my fiance's backyard over the grill while watching the neighbors shoot up illegal fireworks. Mmmmm... roasted marshmallows are nummy!! :)

Park Kraken
Jul 7th, 2003, 03:58:58 PM
We used to take Black Cats and tape them to bottle rockets, then set the Bottle Rockets off at ten or fifteen at a time. When we did it at night, it looked like Berlin at nightime during a air raid. Big flashes, lots of noisey explosions, such an such. Then, way back, I used to tape plastic army men figures to the rockets, and watch as their heads came back down in one area, their torsos melted...........
Big Daddy Fireworks had it all, and so did that Alabama place that you could see from I-75, the interstate spilts to go around a hill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,