PDA

View Full Version : Tribute: Michael Cline

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:00:57 PM
I'd like to tell a little story..about a Jedi called Michael Cline. You may not remember him, as he RPed here quite some time ago, and then off and on until just about five minutes ago. He was killed in a training accident at the Black Hand, which is actually quite tragic, but also with permission from the roleplayer, so don't try this at home, kids.

I bring this to your attention, if only to point out the anti-climactic-ness of it all. De'Ville put in years of thought and work into bringing Cline from his Jedi roots to being her apprentice at the Black Hand. If you will, a short slide show, hilighting her, ultimately futile, work.

*The lights dim, and the familiar, horrific whirr of a slide projecto ir heard, bringing to mind evenings with Aunt Bertha and Uncle Pritchard and their neverending summer holiday slides*

ca-chick

<a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7847>Playing Chicken</a>

Here we are, the first encounter, in March of 2001. Cline is a Jedi Knight, newly engaged to the Jedi Fire Hazzard, with a great life ahead of him. De'Ville is ful of angst and apparently uses telepathy in this RP (but I have since decided that she cannot, so just pretend she is talking ;)). Ah, good times. They have a psychic accident, which switches childhood memories for a time, giving them insight into the psyche of the other.

But enough about that. On to the next slide!

ca-chick

<a href=http://meras.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2707>::Is sitting in a chair thumbing through a book::</a>

A silly little RP from May 2001, where LD and Cline talk about getting their minds straightened out. Unfinished, but here for a little amusement. :D

ca-chick

<a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19537>Of Mice and Madmen</a>

Well, there's a lot of stuff that happens between these two encounters. Cline developed a split personality, called Damon Void, who joined the Sith Empire. The Jedi shunned him and then the Empire shunned him, because ulitmately, the poor guy could fine no refuge anywhere. He ended up in an asylum, heavily sedated, and De'Ville comes to break him out. This is from May, 2002, and is unfinished, but the important stuff got done. :)

ca-chick

<a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23665>Forced Learning</a>

De'Ville realizes the fruit of her labors! Cline is on Vjun finally, and her apprentice in the Dark Side! Oct. 2002

<a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24001>Cline's Training: Lessons Learned</a>

Started in October 2002, and completed today, this RP is Cline's first training session in the Dark arts. De'Ville chooses to spar with her new apprentice, but runs into a few bumps as he claims to be a pacifist. This will not do! There is a freak gasoline fight accident...*cough* training accident, I mean, and she kills him.

DED! NUUUUUU! What!? All that work!? All those plans over AIM (RPs that never made it to the boards, but we did a lot of chatting about all of this) and now....this!? DED!

^_^; Remember kids, if you plan big, you'll fail big! The Universe has played it's ultimate joke on De'Ville, well besides her marriage to Pierce Tondry. ;)

So. In news today:

Michael Cline....<a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30575> Dead.</a>

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:06:58 PM
;; wipes tear from eye ;;

hahahahaha- >D

;; sees people looking at him ;;

Terrible loss, just terrible :(

:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:19:16 PM
I was all torn up about it, too. :mneh

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:20:36 PM
I was too - for about a nanosecond :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:25:03 PM
I think that had to do with you hitting your thumb with the hammer when you were nailing a note into his skull. ^_^;

Dae Jinn
Jul 4th, 2003, 01:09:26 PM
Hmm...

This is kinda weird, since he im'd me for some odd reason yesterday :lol

Are you going to put his obit in your scrapbook, LD? :lol

Pierce Tondry
Jul 4th, 2003, 03:03:13 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
^_^; Remember kids, if you plan big, you'll fail big! The Universe has played it's ultimate joke on De'Ville, well besides her marriage to Pierce Tondry. ;)

Further proof that it isn't just perfectly normal paranoia and the universe is out to get you. :evil

James Prent
Jul 4th, 2003, 04:03:22 PM
Awww, poor widdle Pierce. *huggles* :mneh

Peter McCoy
Jul 4th, 2003, 04:22:43 PM
Nice little tribute Hol! Nice thought too.

Just reaidng over "Of Mice And Madmen" - I used to roleplay rather well didn't I!? :)

James Prent
Jul 4th, 2003, 04:28:30 PM
*used* to roleplay seems to be the main part there. ;)

We could still finish that one, if you want. :D

Xanatos Etanial
Jul 4th, 2003, 07:53:37 PM
*Hijacks Tribute thread*

Bah, Cline was a hoser.

*Split personalities proceed to go to war with each other*

Pilot Akito
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:37:11 PM
Ok who dragged him back from the dead...

*Drags X back to The Allspark.*

Xanatos Etanial
Jul 5th, 2003, 12:12:28 PM
NO!

*Runs off into the night*

Pilot Akito
Jul 5th, 2003, 01:15:46 PM
Get back here, they were going to have a 4 course Jello dinner for you!

Persona
Jul 5th, 2003, 02:30:33 PM
*pops out of nowhere*

THERE YOU ARE!

*chases X*

Xanatos Etanial
Jul 5th, 2003, 02:53:43 PM
Why for are people chasing me?

Pilot Akito
Jul 5th, 2003, 08:40:18 PM
I think you need to talk to Persona about that one. As for me, I board...

Peter McCoy
Jul 6th, 2003, 02:32:57 AM
Sure Hol - don't see why not. It's a shame when threads don't get finished.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 6th, 2003, 05:24:54 AM
:crack Hooray!

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 6th, 2003, 12:27:08 PM
"Oh look ... Etanial is back." :wings

Xanatos Etanial
Jul 6th, 2003, 04:34:23 PM
*Stabs Sorsha and runs off again*

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 6th, 2003, 04:50:32 PM
Oh yeah, btw X, Banderas is used by another character here at swfans. :mneh