View Full Version : A New Recruit

Rufe Valeren
Jul 4th, 2003, 08:37:27 AM
A young man dressed in some kind of soldiers’ uniform, a little worn from work, enters the recruitment center. His forehead is bandaged, and gauzing it wrapped around his left hand – two injuries carried from the battlefield. Stopping in the empty room, he sighs, catching his breath as he looks around.

“Hello?”

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:09:09 AM
"Greetings."

A reply came instantly as a figure clad in flowing white robes stepped forth from the shadows. She walked toward the newcomer and the silver coins intricatly woven into the braids in her hair clanged together softly with each step she took. The woman came to stop just a meter off of the young man where she bowed and smiled, exposing her elongated canines.

Xazor noticed the wounds he bore immediatly, but something told her that there were deeper ones in his heart and soul -- bruises that still hurt and scars that bled. She looked upon his tired eyes with her bright set of cyan blue ones as she sighed internally. "I am Jedi Knight Xazor Elessar, and you are?" She questioned softly, her voice like a song in his ears as she extended her hand in greeting.

Rufe Valeren
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:16:55 AM
Rufe accepted the handshake with his bandaged hand, returning it firmly even with the pain it brought. This woman, this Jedi, had an aura of good about her. She could help him.

“I’m… Rufe Valeren. I was told this was where I should come if I wanted to help people,” he coughed.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:41:45 AM
Xazor nodded and smiled, though she attempted not to squeeze his hand too much. Pulling away, the Knight was silent for a moment as she thought about his words. "Yes indeed, this is the Jedi Recruitment Center. Here we recruit those who wish to learn the ways of the Force and follow the Jedi's path."

Shifting her weight slightly, Xazor smiled though she could feel his pain. There was just something about him -- something different. Sighing at the thought of not knowing if she'd ever find out what it is, she continued. "Do you wish to take up this life? It is not easy, and though you help people, there are many risks to be considered." She said softly before awaiting his answer.

Rufe Valeren
Jul 5th, 2003, 03:51:51 AM
“With all respect… I’m a soldier, ma’am. I know about life in conflict,” he replied, wincing a little as a pang of pain jolted up his arm.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 5th, 2003, 08:59:28 AM
Xazor nodded, noting with her eyes his injuries. "I know." She stated simply. "But why do you wish to become a Jedi? We do other things besides help people."

She spoke softly, but smiled while doing so to let him know he was doing well. The Knight was already growing fond of his simple ways and his soft-spoken manner. He would be an interesting one to follow.

Rufe Valeren
Jul 5th, 2003, 09:09:34 AM
“That’s all the motivation I’ve got, ma’am,” Rufe replied, shaking his head.

“I don’t know much about the Force, or about the Jedi – but I know that you do well, and that’s what I need to do. I need to help people- I want to help people…”

Xazor Elessar
Jul 8th, 2003, 08:37:20 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled gently. "That's good enough reason for me, then. Welcome to the Greater Jedi Order." She said softly before bowing.

"Here is a holo-map. It will show you your way around the Order and answer a few of the questions you may have." She paused a moment and eyed the new Padawan. He was very quiet and seemed to have seen too many battles. "And if ever you need a friend, don't hesitate to find me -- I'm always around."

She smiled gently, hoping to lift his spirits a bit. "Sign up to join the Padawan Classes, and once you complete those, a Master will choose to take you as their Padawan and you shall become a Jedi Knight in no time. Just be patient and don't give up." She said with a smile.