PDA

View Full Version : Strange Days (open)

Agden Ithrin
Jul 4th, 2003, 04:59:12 AM
(OOC: The person who joins has to be female. The reason for this becomes obvious in the post.)

Strange Days

Good morning
Don’t cop out
You crawled from the cancer to land on your feet
Are you crazy to want this?
Even for a while?
We’re making this dren up
The reasons for being are easy to pay
You can't remember the others
They just kind of went away
So you're driving, it's rush hour
The cars on the freeway are moving like slugs
When you drift off to wake up
Do you always hit the brakes?

We’re done lying for a living
The strange days have come and you're gone
Either dead or dying
Either dead or trying to go

It’s evening, you're tired
You sleep walk, a robot out on the street
Are you crazy to want this?
Even for a while?
You’re driving, it's rush hour
The cars on the freeway are moving backwards
Into a wall of fire

We’re done lying for a living
The strange days have come and you're gone
Either dead or dying
Either dead or trying to go
Good morning
Don’t cop out

At best, Agden wagered he would live until he was fifty years old. All this time he had been summarizing that it would just be cruel to form ties and bonds, but what was life without these things? He might as well be dead if he wasn’t going to live.

The young Zabrak had been sitting out in the evening air for almost an hour now. His eyes had been fixed on the same point now for what seemed like an eternity. Agden, being a carrying of a non-contagious yet fatal disease, had confined himself to a emotional void, save for when he was training, yet what he was staring at now was stirring up a good deal of feeling in him. He’d never seen it before, nor did he know what it was, but it was bringing a smile to his lips and a little color into his otherwise pale cheeks.

‘It’ was a young woman, also out in the grounds.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 6th, 2003, 02:19:36 PM
Jacali Danner took in the cool evening air as she stepped out into the garden. She enjoyed evenings like this, just to come out and sit.

It gave her a sense of peace and restfulness after a long day of training. Her mind was finally able to give into this peace, no calling on the Force, no meditating, no headaches from over exerting herself...just peace.

Her long red hair hung loosely over her shoulders as she tucked some of it behind her ear and continued her walk.

Jacali stopped abruptly as she noticed Agden sitting peacefully, watching. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you." She looked at him closer and smiled. "I think, we met earlier in the corridor. I'm the clumsy one with the books that seemed to go every which way."

She held out her hand in a friendly gesture. "I'm Jacali. Jacali Danner."

Agden Ithrin
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:29:11 AM
As Agden rose to his feet to accept the handshake he pushed back his hood – it was only proper that he introduce himself when he could actually be seen – horns, tattoos and all. A smile full of mirth spread over his lips as he shook Jacali’s hand.

“Pleased t’meet ye… ‘am Agden Ithrin,” the Zabrak replied, his Basic heavily accented with some outer rim twang.

“Nice night t’night, eh?” he added, looking around as his hand returned to its former place, in his pocket.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 7th, 2003, 10:44:39 AM
Jacali looked at him and smiled gently. His appearance wasn't frightening, at least not to her. He was in the same shoes as she was both here to learn the ways of the Force.

"Yes, it is a very nice night," She told him. "I don't mean to bother you."

Agden Ithrin
Jul 8th, 2003, 02:46:03 AM
“Y’arent at all, was just enjoying the view of the night an’ all… wouldn’t mind a bit o’ company, actually.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2003, 02:51:10 AM
Jacali's smile widened. "Sure, I like it out here. It's a good place to come out and just let your mind loose."

Agden Ithrin
Jul 8th, 2003, 02:54:34 AM
“Tha’s right,” Agden nodded firmly, before looking to the side at Jacali.

“So how long y’bin a Jedi?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2003, 03:02:22 AM
"A few weeks," she answered. "My sister told me I had a Jedi gift and that it shouldn't be wasted. At first, I viewed this gift as a curse, but now...I guess I'm ready to accept the responsibities of it. How about you?"

Agden Ithrin
Jul 8th, 2003, 03:10:20 AM
“Hmmm… well,” Agden began to add it up in his head.

“I think about ha’f a year now. I haven’t been trainin’ all th’time though… had some problems at first.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2003, 03:13:26 AM
"Oh, sorry to hear that." She wasn't about to press what 'those problems' were, that would be very rude. "I hope, that thihgs are okay now."

Agden Ithrin
Jul 8th, 2003, 03:18:28 AM
“Eh, sort of,”

The Zabrak brushed a hand against the back of his neck, half frowning half smiling.

“It’s more of an on going problem, but ‘ave dealt with some of it.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2003, 03:24:09 AM
Jacali bit her lip and looked down as she lightly kicked at a rock on the ground.

He seemed almost sad.

"Ya know, I'm a very good listener. If you'd need to talk about something, anything I'd be glad to listen."

She looked back up at him, with a hopeful smile just to show him that she was being truthful.

Agden Ithrin
Jul 8th, 2003, 03:27:09 AM
“It’s a long, depressing story,” Agden replied, looking up, one eyebrow lifting.

“Y’sure y’want t’hear it?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2003, 03:37:34 AM
"I would love to hear it, as long....as it doesn't bother you to tell it." She added as she motioned towards the bench. "Shall we sit?"

Agden Ithrin
Jul 8th, 2003, 03:41:27 AM
Agden smiled a little. It was always comforting to know people took an interest in you. As he sat down, he patted his knees and began to drum his fingertips against the cloth that covered them.

“Y’see, I was born with this disease.”

At this point people usually made a move to shift away from him, so he added tactfully.

“Not a contagious one… but it’s pretty bad, right? I mean it kills off yer nervous system piece by piece. Right now I can’t even hear what yer saying, just relying on lip-readingMor.”

Agden gave a nod towards her, wearing a look that suggested he was proud of himself.

“Anyway, I was on these painkillers… got a bit addicted, ended up wastin’ away in the slums, in drug dens. Only got mahself out of all that dren when ah came here… decided to use what was left of m’life to do some good in th’world.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:00:30 AM
Jacali never moved a muscle as she listened and when he was finished, she touched his hand gently. "You should be proud of that, Agden. Getting past an addiction is probably one of the hardest things for someone to go through. It seems that you've overcome that very well."

"You are very brave in my eyes, to wrestle with your diease and keep yourself at such a new level of control. It must be very hard."

Agden Ithrin
Jul 11th, 2003, 04:33:42 AM
“I, uh…”

A little pink went into his pale cheeks, glowing around his tattoos.

“I suppose yer right. I got help from m’Master though. Lady Elessar… carin’ one, she is.. who’re y’training with, Jacali?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 11th, 2003, 06:59:39 AM
Jacali removed her hand and sat back with a relaxing sigh. "Dasquian Belargic is my master and a great master he is. He's so patient with me, but still there are times I feel like I'm not doing good enough." She bit her lip. "I mean,I know that I'm just learning about being a Jedi. But, before I came here I was about to go to college and had a 'real' handle on things, something I was always used to having. Here, it's just the opposite, I have no idea on the pictures of my life. And I suppose I could say that...it's somewhat scary."

Agden Ithrin
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:10:07 PM
“That’s why wh’have Masters though, isn’t it? T’guide us and show us what we kin become if w’put our minds t’ it.”

Agdens accent was purring through strongly now. When he was more confident around people it tended to do that, making him a little indecipherable at the best of times.

“Think Master Belargic and Lady Elessar are a … urh … couple,” he hazarded.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:43:28 PM
"Really?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow. "I didn't know that. Of course, I've never met your master, so I really wouldn't know who she is. Perhaps, you can point her out to me sometime."

Agden Ithrin
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:16:01 AM
“Sh’is not hard t’miss… long hair wi’coins in it, fangs. Sorta imposin’ now I think about it. All them Garou are.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 26th, 2003, 03:49:05 AM
"Coins in her hair, okay. I know who you're talking about now. Yes, I've seen her in the halls. She's a Garou?" Jacali had never been close enough to realize that. She'd read about Garou in school, but had never truly seen one.