PDA

View Full Version : Want a shot at Anbira?

Charley
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:11:18 PM
<a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30533>Take your best shot right here.</a>

If possible, I'd like every darksider on the forum in this thread. Yes, I will eventually lose, but I'd like to make it fun first :D

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:13:08 PM
The urge... it killses us...

if me mind and me eyes weren't so tired, I'd post.

Zeke
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:14:04 PM
Then be like me and post tomorrow.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:19:00 PM
yep as will I after a pm gets to somebody.... :)

Threepio
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:40:46 PM
If only I were a darksider, Master Anbira. I would turn and run away! ^_^;

Park Kraken
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:44:08 PM
I think I'll post in there.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:44:41 PM
*binds and gags Kraken* he said nothing!

Charley
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:46:07 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Kraken
I think I'll post in there.

:lol yes yes, please do.

Threepio
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:47:44 PM
Oh my! Master Kraken, do you have a deathwish!? That is most unsafe! Oh dear, oh dear... *scuttles away quickly*

imported_Grev Drasen
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:51:25 PM
I have a feeling this thread will have a new target if Kraken jumps in the mix.

No offense, just the way it seems.

Slifer
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:58:53 PM
Ah, I learned my lesson from last time. Too late anyways.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:44:06 AM
I'm not sure I can take another beating :lol

Peter McCoy
Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:45:12 AM
Quite a cool idea, considering your Agent Charley avatar!

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:39:28 AM
Originally posted by Slifer
Ah, I learned my lesson from last time. Too late anyways.

Somehow, I doubt that.

=======================

You want this too badly, Anbira, and I do not grant favors. :mneh We shall meet again soon enough. I promise. :wings

Strider
Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:50:11 AM
Well, Well, Well...

It looks like the cat is out of the bag..

Although I would like a crack at someone else, but I think I can have some fun...after all I'm a bit rusty at this.

Persona
Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:17:15 PM

*ponders*

I dunno, there'll be alot of others, so I may pop in, but I doubt I'd fight.....

*ponders more, and kicks Kraken just for the hell of it*

Park Kraken
Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:44:52 PM
Ah, I think I will do fine. My character is the former apprentice of a Dark Side Adept that personally served under Palpatine, and was later killed in the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. My guy can evade most force moves, but really isn't any good at offense, such as force choke, fireball, lightning, etc, just some good saber combos, and a sweet little double bladed multipule colored lightsaber.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:44:39 PM
and a sweet little double bladed multipule colored lightsaber.

Everyone thinks that until they realize it's been done. :)

Dae Jinn
Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:56:15 PM
Ah, I think I will do fine. My character is the former apprentice of a Dark Side Adept that personally served under Palpatine, and was later killed in the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. My guy can evade most force moves, but really isn't any good at offense, such as force choke, fireball, lightning, etc, just some good saber combos, and a sweet little double bladed multipule colored lightsaber.

Uhhh...can you do that? o_O

Strider
Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:28:33 PM
I donno... Since when did the Yuuzhan Vong invade?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2003, 03:03:04 AM
They didn't. :)

Christian Lightheart
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:03:06 AM
My guy can evade most force moves,

Er.... o_O

Warlock
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:05:16 AM
God-diddly-od moder? :)

Christian Lightheart
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:14:36 AM
Aaaaand how. :D

Warlock
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:16:20 AM
Not even his disco saber will redeem him! :D

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:53:11 AM
Yeah, he's uber-ing, but with a little ingenuity it's possible. A few examples:

With Force-pushes, the favoured weapons of the board Forcer, you can just jump out of the way or divert it telekinetically.

Force Lightning would be trickier, but equally possible. If the tried-tested-and-true lightsaber deflection method fails, you can ground yourself, or create a better receptor point for the electric shock somewhere else. Plus, if you're strong enough in the Force, you can just deflect it mentally.

Force Storms, the simple manipulation of weather. If you really want to, and you're strong enough, you could sabotage the spell at its base. You could create an isolated shield-bubble. Or whatever. Maybe, if you really wanted to be crass and unsophisticated, you could find cover.

Force Storms, the real ones. God-Moders or Sith Lords only, don't try this at home. The creation of artificial wormholes and other gravitic anomalies. Unless you're fanatically strong in the Force, the only way you could survive this is to run. At starship speeds.

Force choking. Easy enough to defeat, if you have the strength of will and even average power in the Force.

Fireballs. Easiest of all. Just dodge'em.

Being set on fire. Utterly nasty, but if you have presence of mind and a clear head, you can defeat it with medium effort.

My personal favourite, although I doubt anyone has tried it on these boards, it's a fairly rare idea; photon collation. In simple terms, the control of light. You can illuminate areas easily, and once you're at a certain level, you could actually create a laser beam temporarily. I don't mean a plasma bolt like a laser cannon's, but an actual laser. Now, I'm unaware of if a lightsaber will stop a true laser, but in any case a laser is invisible, and you'd have to have a very refined danger sense to be able to avoid it.

Throwing debris. Depends on if you're strong enough. If you are, you can redirect it or take control of it. If you're not, you can try to dodge it, I guess.

I suppose there're plenty of other Force-based attacks that I'm forgetting, but those are the basics. All of them avoidable, to one degree or another. So yes, it's unbelievable that his character is that good at this, but it's not that unbelieveable.

Christian Lightheart
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:55:24 AM
>_< Just tell everyone hgow to defeat Snack and his Elementalist skillz! *bats*

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:56:02 AM
A lot of the stuff you're suggesting would require some skill in the Force to muster, which the people who are accused of God-moding don't normally have - which is the reason why they are god-moders, because they are low-rankers who are trying high ranking stuff, but over all some good suggestions - except from the photon collation which I don't get at all.

Park Kraken
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:57:54 AM
Originally posted by Warlock
God-diddly-od moder? :)

Not quite, I just want my guy to be able to survive. That is why I focused mainly on defensive skills, and like I said, I can't do anything like force choke, fireball, ect., without first learning.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:04:46 PM
If you want your guy to survive then get a master to train him. Otherwise your characters will never progress past infant Force User on these boards. And no, you can't make a new character to train one of your characters. :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:11:23 PM
Not quite, I just want my guy to be able to survive. That is why I focused mainly on defensive skills, and like I said, I can't do anything like force choke, fireball, ect., without first learning.

If you want him to survive why are you throwing him headfirst into threads with collections of the most powerful Force users on the board? :mneh

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:13:07 PM
Thanks, VanDerveld. I'm still trying to get an idea of the differences between this place and the SWG boards, when it comes to combat and the Force, so it's nice to see I'm getting something right.

As for the photon collation, it's really very simple. An odd little idea of mine that I was thinking of including in one of my RP's about a year ago. Turns out another two guys were working on similar ideas, one on the boards I was on, and one engaged in writing a NJO novel. Check it out; Star by Star, I believe it was. An Arcona Jedi gathers light into a big glowing ball to obscure what's inside. Drains him terribly, but he does it.

But I digress... The idea is that you can control light with the Force, lighting up a room or making a little glowball like I've seen mentioned once or twice around here. The flip side is making something dark, creating shadows and such.

The real pinnacle to this skill is taking all the light in an area and focusing it and making it all vibrate in time, instead of randomly. When you get something like that, basically what you have is a laser beam, literally. All you have to do is aim it and you have an invisible and deadly weapon. If I'm still not making it clear, drop me an IM at blackdreamswaking@hotmail.com , and I'll explain the whole thing to you.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:17:31 PM
Oh, and as a side note, Vega...all this stuff about getting used to the Force and combat on these boards is why I'm attacking you on 'I'm hungry'. Nothing personal, just giving the new character a field test, an OOC training run for things to come. Basically, I'm just trying to get a general idea of the characters and fighting styles around here.

Charley
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:06:18 PM
Lets not digress on the "I'm Hungry" RP. This is about something else :)

Morgan Evanar
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:14:05 PM
I shan't be participating, but I await with interest.

My personal favourite, although I doubt anyone has tried it on these boards, it's a fairly rare idea; photon collation. In simple terms, the control of light. You can illuminate areas easily, and once you're at a certain level, you could actually create a laser beam temporarily. I don't mean a plasma bolt like a laser cannon's, but an actual laser. Now, I'm unaware of if a lightsaber will stop a true laser, but in any case a laser is invisible, and you'd have to have a very refined danger sense to be able to avoid it. AFAIK Morgan is the only person with any kind of real control over actual light, and while he can't make light, he could concentrate it. But why bother with all that concentration nonsense when I can just appear behind you and hit you with a stick (or sometimes a light post)?

Charley
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:21:33 PM
Akrabbim can, in his most advanced techniques, directly manipulate light.

:mischief

Pierce Tondry
Jul 7th, 2003, 10:49:10 PM
Hob creates illusions that are more or less light-based. I've never had a good way to describe it, to be honest. They're not in the mind of the individual viewing them, but they're more based on the Force than on light to truly fool the viewer's perceptions.

Strider
Jul 7th, 2003, 11:22:44 PM
And it seems that Pilot Akito has posted in the wrong thread, at the wrong time, and in the wrong place.

A Mod can delete it if Charle wants that post to be gone.
(In other words I was logged into the wrong account. :p)

AmazonBabe
Jul 8th, 2003, 12:04:34 PM
>_<

I so forgot about this thread. |I

Charley
Jul 20th, 2003, 09:10:13 PM
Yeah, um, whenever you can post or something. Any day now.

AmazonBabe
Jul 21st, 2003, 11:24:59 AM
OK. I did. I'll have you know I took 30 seconds from my BUSY work schedule to POST to your thread. :p

Gimme a break... I'm making MONEY here! :p:p:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:18:52 PM
You're a forger!? :eek

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 21st, 2003, 12:51:39 PM
sssshhhhhhh!!!!!!!!