PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Anakin from Episode III

Droo
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:24:16 PM
(Link was here)

Now, I'm a bit iffy on this on two accounts. For one thing, I don't think it may neccessarily be Haden Christensen and two, if it is him, Anakin looks like a ponce in the third installment. A reject from Hanson.

But anyway, it looks like the real deal. I just don't believe they'd be daft enough to have the webcam catch that if they don't want it seen.

Edit: This is in the wrong forum, sorry.

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:27:47 PM
I removed the link, as AICN got a C&D order for posting that.

Jedieb
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:30:35 PM
The hairstyle doesn't bother me because there's no way we could get a look at what it will look like on film from that web cam. What does make me sick is to be reminded once again that Lucasfilm is CHARGING fans for access to parts of their site. How many of us have individually pumped THOUSANDS of dollars into GL's bank account? Did he really need to charge us for this to keep LFL running? This would have been a great way to give something back to the fans instead of bleeding them dry. I'm tempted, but I'm not sending my cash.

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:33:06 PM
Would that picture have been seen without the Webcam? No. So what did NOT paying lose us? Nothing. $18/year gets you something we wouldn't see. Where is the big deal?

JMK
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:24:23 PM
The big deal is that they didn't need to charge for this stuff. They could have offered it up for free.

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:30:39 PM
They could also pay for everyones tickets to see EP3, lets be picky here :)

imported_Grev Drasen
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:40:31 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
They could also pay for everyones tickets to see EP3, lets be picky here :) Now you're just making a huge leap for the sake of arguing. Paying for everyone's theater ticket and charging for access to stuff on the website isn't even comparable.

He's going to make a killing off the movie, that's a given. When the dvd is released that's another killing. Figure in all the of the toys and merchandise and I don't think allowing for fans to get access to some behind the scenes stuff for free is going to hurt him any.

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:58:54 PM
So because something makes money, a company should start making a loss in areas? Where is the business sense in that?

JediBoricua
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:02:46 PM
I must agree with Fett here, business is business. They must have done some extensive researching and found out that there is actually a market for this kind of content.

Thankfully I'm not that interested, I want to know the least possible from this movie. But business wise is a good move.

Dyan Kharis
Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:29:26 AM
By principle, this whole deal stinks. It amounts to nothing more than further milking fans of money by an extremely successful franchise. Less successful ventures have been far more accomodating and giving to their fans. Pie in Lucas' face.

ReaperFett
Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:13:39 AM
If they were milking fans, wouldnt they ask for more than $1.50 an month? I mean that's, what, a cup of coffee? 1/3 of a magazine? And for that you get extra than what you would have.

It makes me laugh how I've heard two reports on this offline, one radio one TV, and both were positive about it. They were pointing out that it isn't as if you are having to pay for the standard content, and how it is so cheap. You come online, anyone would think it's $10/month and the whole site :rolleyes

Do you use IMDB? They have a pay service. If you didn't know, would you even notice? Nope. It still has the exact same service that it did. But ths further service, IMDB Pro, gives you MORE. If you want to use these extras, you pay a small fee. Box Office Mojo is the same. I didn't know it had a pay service, but apparently it does. Go to the Maxim website, and you can see more pictures than you can if you haven't paid.

Noone ever complains about them. But of course, as it is "evil Lucas" and his franchise of DOOM, fans are in uproar.

Don't like it? Then Boycott Lucas products. Complain with your feet. Don't wait for the movie to come out, rent it on DVD. Get the books from the library. Don't buy any merchendise.

...course, you wont, will you? You'd then have to lose out on something you enjoy. You want everything for nothing, and for the company to even THINK of charging for extra services.

I remind you once more, if they didn't do this service, you wouldn't be seeing anything extra. Let's cut this "Evil George Lucas is charging his fans to line Evil George Lucas' pockets" rubbish.

Darth Viscera
Jul 5th, 2003, 06:56:12 AM
I never knew that Big Daddy Lucas was this cheap. Now we can't even watch his hype for free anymore!

I wish that everything was like this. If you would like to view this theatrical trailer / car commercial / milk cap infomercial, please open an account with us for a mere $1.99/month!

Dyan Kharis
Jul 6th, 2003, 01:08:45 AM
So true, so true! :mad

Ryla Relvinian
Jul 6th, 2003, 11:26:16 AM
*pout*

All I want is my fix. This is a sad sad day when the true fans get charged money to be GL's little dancing monkies. I bet I can find it all on Kazaa. :)

Jarek T'chort
Jul 6th, 2003, 01:53:23 PM
If they were milking fans, wouldnt they ask for more than $1.50 an month? I mean that's, what, a cup of coffee? 1/3 of a magazine? And for that you get extra than what you would have.

It makes me laugh how I've heard two reports on this offline, one radio one TV, and both were positive about it. They were pointing out that it isn't as if you are having to pay for the standard content, and how it is so cheap. You come online, anyone would think it's $10/month and the whole site :rolleyes

Do you use IMDB? They have a pay service. If you didn't know, would you even notice? Nope. It still has the exact same service that it did. But ths further service, IMDB Pro, gives you MORE. If you want to use these extras, you pay a small fee. Box Office Mojo is the same. I didn't know it had a pay service, but apparently it does. Go to the Maxim website, and you can see more pictures than you can if you haven't paid.

Noone ever complains about them. But of course, as it is "evil Lucas" and his franchise of DOOM, fans are in uproar.

Don't like it? Then Boycott Lucas products. Complain with your feet. Don't wait for the movie to come out, rent it on DVD. Get the books from the library. Don't buy any merchendise.

...course, you wont, will you? You'd then have to lose out on something you enjoy. You want everything for nothing, and for the company to even THINK of charging for extra services.

I remind you once more, if they didn't do this service, you wouldn't be seeing anything extra. Let's cut this "Evil George Lucas is charging his fans to line Evil George Lucas' pockets" rubbish.

Exactly, could'nt have put it better myself.

GL is'nt the greatest, kindest man ever to walk the planet, none of us are, he wants to cash in (even more I know) on one of the most succesful movie franchises ever, good luck to him, I bet a lot of people in his position would do the same.
:smokin

Jedieb
Jul 6th, 2003, 07:54:13 PM
He's already cashed in. That's not the point. I don't begrude him making money. But this just isn't something LFL needed to do. I never said he was evil did I? But I'm more than allowed to think that charging people for access to a webcam is a bad idea. Again, this could have been a great way to give something back. There's a lot of of interesting material on there but I'm just not it the mood to give another $20 a year.

Hey, didn't we get to see tons of "extra" stuff on the site in the past? Pictures, articles, an extensive data bank, etc... Now suddenly we have to pay or else nothing "extra" can be offered? Whatever. Bottom line, I think it's a bad idea and so do a lot of other people. It doesn't make GL Satan, it just means it's a BAD idea.

ReaperFett
Jul 6th, 2003, 08:05:59 PM
GL is'nt the greatest, kindest man ever to walk the planet, none of us are, he wants to cash in (even more I know) on one of the most succesful movie franchises ever, good luck to him, I bet a lot of people in his position would do the same.
Dont forget, the guy does give a lot to charity. It's like Bill Gates. Everyone complains of his money making ways, but at one stage a few years back he was giving something like 1/3 of his earnings to charity.

Hey, didn't we get to see tons of "extra" stuff on the site in the past? Pictures, articles, an extensive data bank, etc... Now suddenly we have to pay or else nothing "extra" can be offered?
No, you don't. This is the entire point. We lose nothing by not subscribing. We simply don't gain. Casting of Mon Mothma was an article, how did I read it? And databank has been confirmed to be free and will be updated by the site.

JMK
Jul 7th, 2003, 11:04:42 AM
Episode 1 snapshots and Episode 2 selects were extras if you ask me. And they were FREE. Now for any sneak peeks at Episode 3 we have to shell out? So if we're not going to be privy to those things now, we are infact losing out, not simply 'losing nothing'.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 7th, 2003, 12:04:10 PM
I actually agree with Reaper here we wouldn't be seeing this stuff if it wasn't pay. Also this is the future of the Internet every major internet site already has pay features, ESPN, IMDB, TSN, etc. Now you could say ESPN should give you that insider information or that MLB is screwing fans to pay to listen to the games on Radio on the internet but it is the future like or not. I really don't care personally. Now will I pay for it, no but like Boricua I am trying to stay clear of anything from Ep3 I am trying to stay Spoiler free this time.

Ishan Shade
Jul 7th, 2003, 05:31:42 PM
WHERE DID the link go?? I wanted to see....

Dae Jinn
Jul 7th, 2003, 05:43:29 PM
I removed the link, as AICN got a C&D order for posting that.

^ see above :p

Ishan Shade
Jul 8th, 2003, 03:14:31 AM
but...but....*sniff

Pilot Akito
Jul 8th, 2003, 11:10:44 PM
Yep, I'll have to wait for it...