PDA

View Full Version : OT fans rejoice

Shawn
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:05:21 AM
No extra shots of Natalie Portman will be put in the classic trilogy.

Source: SW Insider. The latest issue has lots of little tidbits about Episode 3, including this little nugget. :)

Figrin D'an
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:03:26 PM
Thank you, George, for not doing this. The original trilogy is just fine the way it is.

Now... we just need to get him to release the non-special edition cuts when they put the first three films on DVD.

JMK
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:22:21 PM
I would never complain about having Portman everywhere, but I like this. :)

Threepio
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:21:31 PM
Thank the Maker!

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:02:32 PM
I think that was just some stupid rumor. Still McCallum is the best person to ask a question a few months ago he said no OT character would appear besides the droids and Boba Fett. Well we already have two from (Chewie and Mon Momtha and probably Tarkin as well). Still I think this is true.

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:05:29 PM
Hes also said this movie will be the shortest, Do you believe him? :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:06:19 PM
Not really I believe very little that comes out of that man's mouth :p

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:07:40 PM
I hear from now on his interviews will be done by the Iraqi Information Minister ;)

James Prent
Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:29:22 AM
:lol Oh that would be rich.

JMK
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:14:31 AM
I never believe what McCallum says, he blows everything out of proportion.

Dove
Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:49:22 PM
I think it's the right call, but if SOMEONE had to be included into the OT, Natalie Portman wouldn't be the worst choice :)

JMK
Jul 4th, 2003, 09:35:03 AM
Saying that she would be in the OT would pretty much indicate that she survives Episode 3, and I think Lucas doesn't want us to know what is going to happen. Yes, she gives birth, but she could still die at the end of the movie.

Figrin D'an
Jul 4th, 2003, 06:00:02 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Saying that she would be in the OT would pretty much indicate that she survives Episode 3, and I think Lucas doesn't want us to know what is going to happen. Yes, she gives birth, but she could still die at the end of the movie.

From what I heard, said footage was rumored to be flashback sequences to be placed in ROTJ, during Luke and Leia's conversation about their lineage. So, it wouldn't have really confirmed Padme's survival of the events of Episode III.

ReaperFett
Jul 4th, 2003, 06:11:14 PM
I'm pleased, to an extent. To me, I dont mind PT additions to the OT, if it is to a scene that will be added anyway (EG, deleted scene) and is not something monumentous. For example, say if there was a scene that was cut where Leia is in her personel quarters and there are holos on the side. I wouldn't mind Portman being the focus in one of them, for example. It wouldn't alter the flow of the movies or anything, it would just help the two trilogies meld.

Shadow Hunter
Jul 6th, 2003, 11:43:05 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I would never complain about having Portman everywhere, but I like this. :)

I definitely wouldn't mind her in my pants