PDA

View Full Version : All good things must come to an end...

Figrin D'an
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:40:45 AM
No, I'm not leaving the boards, or dying or something.

Silly people... :p

BUT... this could be just as important. It's a big decision, after all. Following careful thought, however, I have concluded that it is necessary.

I've decided...

... that I need a new avatar.

Since day 1 of the existence of our entire branching community network... back in the days of yore, when trolls ran rampant and there was this message board called "Star Wars vs. Titanic" on some site called jawafortress... I have used the same personal avatar. The very same one you see displayed under my user name. It's served me well over the years. I've liked it... it's a good pic of a great actor from my all-time favorite film. I think I need something different, though. So, the Bogart pic is going to be retired in the near future.

Why am I wasting my time telling you this?

Because I want help deciding what my new avatar will be. I've sifted through a lot of pics, and I haven't found anything yet that I really, really like.

I'm opening this up to everyone. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find an avatar pic that suits me as well as my current one has for the past 4+ years. Difficult? Maybe... but not impossible.

Feel free to ask questions and post ideas. And, of course... have fun. :)

Lady Vader
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:17:40 AM
... back in the days of yore, when trolls ran rampant and there was this message board called "Star Wars vs. Titanic" on some site called jawafortress...

Dear lord, you made me feel old. :x

As to a new avatar, what did you have in mind? Or did you even have anything IN mind?

Charley
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:05:50 AM
Say it ain't so, Joe! Say it ain't so! :(!

Figrin D'an
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:40:58 AM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
As to a new avatar, what did you have in mind? Or did you even have anything IN mind?

Well, like I said, I've looked through a lot of pics and haven't found anything I like, so I'm open to different ideas. It just needs to fit as well as the current one does. No real requirements beyond that.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:56:11 AM
Only you can decide that for yourself. Follow your instincts.

It'll be strange to see you without that pic anymore. It would be like me changing from Callisto to something else.

Park Kraken
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:21:05 AM
Pick something from what you like about Star Wars, like me for example, I like Imperial technology, so hence the ISD.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:59:19 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Kraken
Pick something from what you like about Star Wars, like me for example, I like Imperial technology, so hence the ISD. Exactly how will that represent the character? I can see if its an Admiral in a navy, but, this is a wise, aged, Jedi Master.

Your avatar is supposed to represent the character. 95% of the time I don't even have to read a name to know who posts. Then again, my memory is usually very visual, so it might not work that way for everyone.

Park Kraken
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:04:23 PM
Okay, I'll try to pick a good avater for my other char., Slifer.

Taylor Millard
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:27:41 PM
Why not just go with another pic of Bogey? That way you'll have a new pic, but it's still the Bogey we know and love.

DarthHERA
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:49:35 PM
I was going to say Liam Neeson, cause he's your sig guy...But you changed it!

Bogey is so unique though...its a shame for him to go :(

General Tohmahawk
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:25:05 PM
I still say Sean Connerny. from Highlander or first Knight to start with, but there's so mouch to pick from - I dont think you can go wrong

Dae Jinn
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:41:09 PM
I think Charley uses Sean though :\

I think you should use OT Obi-wan, but maybe he's too old.

Figrin D'an
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:51:57 PM
I actually used OT Obi-Wan in one of my sigs several years back.

I need a new sig, too... but that's another matter entirely.

Sean Connery is a pretty good choice. But, if he's already being used, then scratch that from the list.

Although, maybe if there is enough uproar about this, I'll considering using a different Bogie pic.

Dae Jinn
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:56:26 PM
Well, ask Charley about Sean then, silly thing :p

Figrin D'an
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:15:18 PM
It's just a preliminary option... not a "must have." If he's already being used, it's no big deal. I'm mearly commenting that it was a good suggestion

Dae Jinn
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:26:56 PM
Stick Bogies head on a Jedi body :lol

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:27:55 PM
Well, In keeping witht he whole trenchcoat thing, I was about to suggest Detective Zenigata from the Anime Lupin III. But the animation is somewhat old-school, and Zenigata is a little too comical for Figrin.

Or, you could use Monk, from the USA TV show Monk. That might work too. If I can find pictures, I'll post the links or PM them to you.

Zeke
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:31:23 PM
I can't see Figrin as an animated character. I agree about Monk though. He'd do the trick I bet.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:40:32 PM
Charley is just using him from The Hunt For Red October, I believe.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:43:07 PM
The dude who plays Monk? Well crap. But I'm going to post this pic URL anyways.

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/downloads/fan_monk01_800.jpg

There it is. It's a wallpaper.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:44:17 PM
No.

Sean Connery.

Charley
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:51:30 PM
Unless Connerny is somebody other than Connery, the character is taken.

Figrin D'an
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:29:01 PM
Here's a temporary solution, as least.

And it'll probably make some people happy.

DarthHERA
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:59:15 PM
:thumbup looks good

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 4th, 2003, 03:00:28 AM
nummy :) :thumbup

Liam Neeson is still my choice , if you want a more "IC" pic for an avatar. :D

Figrin D'an
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:46:13 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
nummy :) :thumbup

Liam Neeson is still my choice , if you want a more "IC" pic for an avatar. :D

That's what I'm considering as well. But, we'll see.