PDA

View Full Version : To all people from Canada!!!

Shanaria Fabool
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:26:15 PM
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

OW outcast
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:37:36 PM
:lol I like canada day and i'm an american. I was in wenipeg(sp) a couple years back visiting my canadian relatives. wenipeg is the biggest city I have ever been to. Anyway the one thing i can remember from being there is everytime the fire crackers would go off so would allot of car alarms. Also remember seeing this guy running and another guy running after him yelling 'he stole my wallet'.

God canada is great. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 1st, 2003, 04:24:22 PM
..I blame Canada for a lot of things.

Like...what happened to my math homework? Canada stole it.

DarthHERA
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:08:19 PM
Happy Canada Day ppl.

imported_Ezra
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:17:47 PM
:lol@LD

Park Kraken
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:31:26 PM
Canada is cool! So many natural resources! Plus, I'm a railroading fan, so go Canadian National (or was it Northern?), and Canadian Pacific!!! The only thing I think sucks about Canada is the French-Canadians, snooty SOBs.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 1st, 2003, 06:30:57 PM
Shush you. Or I'll put you in a box with NO AIR HOLES.

:)

Sameer Aryan
Jul 1st, 2003, 06:37:16 PM
Hey! I live in Quebec! This is where the whole country started! So you mean our roots suck? :cry

And Thanks to the other people :lol funny that most people that have posted here aren't Canadians. We're so un-patriotic!

Dae Jinn
Jul 1st, 2003, 06:45:38 PM
Hey! I'm hella patriotic!

I almost wore my "I AM.." shirt today :lol ;)

Dove
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:43:18 PM
Is Canada Day a celebration or a day of mourning? :)

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:51:11 PM
GO CANADA!!!!!!!!

*is Canadian*

Canada rocks, though (no offense to those of you in Quebec) Quebec, as a whole, sucks.

And to answer your question about Canada Day, it's a Celebration.

But now I'm gonna be a zit face because I was in a parade and I had make-up on my face and I'm allergice to the stuff that I need to use to remove it. :cry

ReaperFett
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:54:46 PM
Happy Canada Day to all Canadians :)

Dove
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:56:50 PM
I do understand why Canada is a legitamit nation, meeting the requirements politically, and it certainly does exist, but I don't see why it rocks.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jul 1st, 2003, 08:17:26 PM
Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends!!

(and since I can only remember two....*huggles Hera and Dae :D I know Im forgetting somebody :()

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 1st, 2003, 08:38:10 PM
Happy Canadian Day!! I was adopted from there!! And I'll love it forever!!!

Dae Jinn
Jul 1st, 2003, 08:41:49 PM
Hera is Canadian too? Wow, learn something new everyday ;) :lol

It's not so bad in Canada, especially since the entire week-end was beautiful :D

Slifer
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:54:01 PM
Go Canada!!! And no, I did not mean that your roots suck. Just the people at Toronto International Airport.

Darth Bubbles
Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:06:45 AM
Canada rules because.... Ummm... Well.... I'll post some song lyrics... thet will help explane that...

CANADA'S REALLY BIG---LYRICS

When I look around me, I can't believe what I see
It seems as if this country has lost its will to live
The economy is lousy, we barely have an army
But we can still stand proudly cuz Canada's really big

We're the second largest country on this planet earth
And if Russia keeps on shrinking then soon we'll be
first
(As long as we keep Quebec)

The USA has tanks and Switzerland has banks
They can keep them thanks, they just don't amount
Cuz when you get down to it, you find out what the truth
is
It isn't what you do with it its the size that counts

Most people will tell you that France is pretty large
But you can put fourteen France's into this land of ours
(It's take a lot of work, It'd take a whole lot of work)

We're larger than Malaysia, almost as big as Asia
We're bigger than Australia and it's a continent
So big we seldom bother to go see one another
Though we often go to other countries for vacations

Our mountains are very pointy, our prairies are not
The rest is kinda bumpy, but man do we have a lot
(we've got a lot of land, we've got a whole lot of land)

So stand up and be proud and sing out very loud
We stand out from the crowd cuz Canada's really big

Starr
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:22:42 AM
Canada day eh?

Have a good one :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:52:41 AM
I can't believe you have a day just to celebrate the country. You don't see us having an England Day, do you? No, we just go on about our business, not even having a holiday for the Queens Birthday. Tsh, some countries these days, celebrate at the drop of a hat :rolleyes

;; keeps stiff upper-lip ;;

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:23:02 AM
You're just jealous Dasq, but don't worry.

*pats Dasq on the shoulder to comfort him*

If you move to Canada, you will also get to celebrate Canada Day with us Canadians.

And Thank-you Bubbles, I didn't need that song stuck in my head again.

Darth Bubbles
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:26:37 AM
Your welcome Natia... :D:p

Park Kraken
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:25:50 AM
If Canada's roots came from France, then Canada sure as **** has outgrown it's roots. France still hids behind it's political leaders, and it's army still surrenders when they hear loud popping noises that sounds like gunfire. Whereas Canadians have given their life in service for betterment and well-being of the whole world.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:28:35 AM
Sorry, the Anti-French bandwagon is out of service right now.

Dae Jinn
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:54:18 AM
Why are you so against French people? o_O Sheesh, keep your anti-comments to yourself plz.

We have quite a few people from Quebec here at Fans and they're all really nice :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:55:29 AM
Aye, judge ye not people just on the place they come from.

Park Kraken
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:06:19 PM
I'm not against France, I'm against their military. But anyways, this is OT. So how did Canada Day come about anyways? How does it compare to our 4th of July?

Dae Jinn
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:25:43 PM
I have no idea, I think it's when all the provinces finally got together to be a country, and not some British...ness.

It's like 4th of July, but less patriotic :mischief

ReaperFett
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:55:01 PM
Our 4th of July is Wrong Trousers Day :)

Park Kraken
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:51:29 PM
If you want me to, I can smuggle up some fireworks for ya. I saw a episode of the Simpsons today that had some Canadian bashing in it. First off, Lisa went to visit a museum that read on the sign.....I forgot what it was, it was something like: "Avoider of Foreign Wars" or something like that museum. Little thing called Afghanistan?!?. The other bashing I saw was Homer, and Bart were visiting a spire, and a guard came up and said "Closing time". Homer asked if a American 1$ bill would change his mind, and he said "Wow, American currency! What time do you want your breakfast?"

Threepio
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:49:56 PM
Originally posted by Darth Bubbles
We're larger than Malaysia, almost as big as Asia
We're bigger than Australia and it's a continent

I'm afraid I must point out that Asia is not a country, and it is certainly much bigger than Canada. And the song may be catchy, but I don't see how any Canadian could have national pride simply because their country is bigger? Logically, a country should have something important about it, like an export or a huge military, and that would bring pride to the sentients living in it.

However, I'm just a droid, and not very good at understanding humans, although I do try. :(

Jyanis Scorpion
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:54:44 PM
*tackles the droid and wails on its metal face until it lays in a puddle of oil*

We have beer and lumber, that should be enough. :)

Threepio
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:55:51 PM
*waves arms weakly* I think I was made to suffer.... It's my lot in life.

Sohei
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:57:28 PM
Bubbles, that song is awesome. :crack

And isn't Quebec trying to gain independence or something?

Threepio
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:22:53 PM
Is it like California then? o_O

Dae Jinn
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:28:01 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Kraken
If you want me to, I can smuggle up some fireworks for ya. I saw a episode of the Simpsons today that had some Canadian bashing in it. First off, Lisa went to visit a museum that read on the sign.....I forgot what it was, it was something like: "Avoider of Foreign Wars" or something like that museum. Little thing called Afghanistan?!?. The other bashing I saw was Homer, and Bart were visiting a spire, and a guard came up and said "Closing time". Homer asked if a American 1$ bill would change his mind, and he said "Wow, American currency! What time do you want your breakfast?"

Sam Simon attend the same college as I did. Most of the writers are Canada fans from what I read, so it was all in good fun.

Quebec had a referendum awhile ago (like years ago) to try and seperate and become their own country. It didn't work, and even if it did, they'd be screwed anyways :lol

Also, unlike some places in the States, fireworks are legal here :)

Park Kraken
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:36:22 PM
Yeah, but If I smuggle them, then you won't have to waste money on them! Here is a song for Canada that I am making up as I go along:
Canada is so cool
All the chicks in it will make you drool.
Anyone who doesn't drool must be dumber
Than the Lumber that is cut from Canada.
*Tap Dances*
Canada has so much ore
It makes our resources look poor,
They have so much beer,
no wonder the deer migrate.
*Tap Dances*
Yep, Canada is cold, so much so,
that the furs everyone wears
go brrrrr brrrrr brrrrr brrrrr,
Yep, that's Canada for you!!!
*Stops, realises how stupid that last paragragh was, bashes head on stage floor*

Sohei
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:37:34 PM
...and the show has reached a new low.

Threepio
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:39:58 PM
*puts hands over ears* I may be fluent in over six millions forms of communication, but that could not be considered musical even in the Ssri-Rrruu Imperium. And their music is indescribable in human terms. ^_^;

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:22:54 AM
Canada has its roots in both England and France. And I have nothing against the Ppl who live in Quebec, just the province of Quebec. One of my friends lives in Quebec.

Sameer Aryan
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:51:13 AM
Sam Simon attend the same college as I did. Most of the writers are Canada fans from what I read, so it was all in good fun.

Quebec had a referendum awhile ago (like years ago) to try and seperate and become their own country. It didn't work, and even if it did, they'd be screwed anyways

Also, unlike some places in the States, fireworks are legal here

In 1980 and 1994 :) Yeah I had to learn that for history...stupid stupid course! And it's funny how some Quebecers were asking for sovereignty during Canada Day; I mean....not the right time?

Blaine
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:19:06 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
I have no idea, I think it's when all the provinces finally got together to be a country, and not some British...ness.

It's like 4th of July, but less patriotic :mischief

How can you not know what Canada day is???!

It's when Canada gained independence from the British! Come on Dae, try remembering school.

Anyway, whoever says Quebec sucks has never visited the province. Yeah the government's gay but the touristical places in Montreal and Quebec City kick a lot of <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>.

Bryher Conway
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:23:12 PM
Don't swear, Cold! :p

I stopped taking history and geography and crap like that in Grade 10, so...I've forgotten most, if not all of it.

It's when Canada gained independence from the British!

That's what I just said, silly thing. Right there *points*

when all the provinces finally got together to be a country, and not some British...ness.