Ishan Shade
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:44:41 AM
anyone play DoD?

Salem Ave
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:45:36 AM
I have a few friends who do, and who never shut up about it :rolleyes

Ishan Shade
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:47:17 AM
Yeah it's got me hooked...I was hoping to find some people around the boards who played...

Hey Salem, since your online, Im shooting you a PM.

Park Kraken
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:15:32 PM
Tell me about it. What kind of game is it?

Tujk
Jul 1st, 2003, 04:28:54 PM
Day of Defeat is a mod based on the half life engine, like Counter Strike.

It's based on WWII, fairly realistic, and the creators put a lot of work into it.

Darth007
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:09:08 PM
i played it a little bit and its okay...but in my opinion Counter-Strike is easier to get into and flows more smoothly, faster paced if thats your thing.

Tujk
Jul 1st, 2003, 06:37:59 PM
It actually flowed rather find until Beta 1.03. 1.03 kinda changed the feel of the whole game.

Though, personally I like playing Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Between being a free Multiplayer game, it flows pretty good.

Darth007
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:25:21 PM
I played a demo for some Wolfenstein game on Xbox and I hated it with a passion. The computer version is probbaly better thuogh it always is.

Shadow Hunter
Jul 1st, 2003, 10:51:35 PM
I LOOOOOOVE DAY OF DEFEAT. one of the BEST games ever. I love the voice chat and hitting people with the shovel. One of my friends has it for his computer and whenever I go over there I play it the entire time. we should start a discussion about it at my gaming forum.
General Gaming forum (http://com3.akheva.com/bgeneralgaming)

Park Kraken
Jul 1st, 2003, 10:56:08 PM
Do they have DoD for X-Box?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:09:47 AM
What?!?! And ruin the FPS beauty?
God forbid they put any of the great PC games on Consoles, they always screw them up.

And I don't see how Counter-Strike is faster paced then Day of Defeat? Sure, if you good its hilarious good times. But what of that 1 sole camper who you just can't freaking find? OR what if you die by a freak grenade landing behind you in the first minutes of play?

I swear, on average you spend more time searching for the camper, running around the level again and again, or waiting for the next match to start then you do playing.

DOD has spawn times, which lets you continously through men into the maul. Of course some people hate that, says it takes away skill and allows you to do continous rush tactics.
Well I say it is skill to kill dozens of people while you are running toward that last flag, dodging nades, watching your team get mowed down by a hidden MG, or picked off 1 by 1 from the distance by some sniper. THATS fast pace for a <u>realistic</u> type game.

Shadow Hunter
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:12:59 AM
I really hope it doesnt come out for XBOX. Heck, it used to be that you couldnt even buy it in stores. you had to download it. and it is VERY realistic.

Starr
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:26:16 PM
Yeah Dyzm has the right idea....you ever play DoD on a regular basis ?

I've got a kick <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> server that you could join, especially if you like dod_charlie, it's usually got some good players in it.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:45:08 PM
sweet, I'll play on ya server! Give me those sweet sweet numbers :D

Park Kraken
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:19:52 PM
What are the system requirments?

Ishan Shade
Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:31:37 PM
I'll send ya a PM later Dyzm, when I get the numbers written down :)