PDA

View Full Version : Next step after death

Jason Dreggs
Jun 30th, 2003, 03:13:02 PM
Home or was it more of a hope that he could make this place a home. He had dreamed only once since his death and in that dream he saw her the woman who gave him his dark gift. Her red hair and emerald eyes just thinking about it sent chills down his spin. In his dream he saw her kissing him one last time good bye. Maybe the dream was a false since of hope that she still remembered and cared about him but that dream is what kept Jason going. Without her memory in his head he would be lost and a drift.

Jason and Miranda Had a bond but that bond had been broken by some unseen event. He felt her distantly in his head and it was fading quick there connection was severed and dieing. He felt a twinge as if life had to hold his master but how that was impossible.

He Jerked from his sleep and there he sat in a dark room that use to be his bed room when he called this place home. He saw gerbo sitting across from him watching him with an odd look. Both him and gerbo escaped with there lives barely but they where both healing now.

imported_Gerbo Lang
Jul 1st, 2003, 11:01:12 AM
Gerbo sat leaning back in his chair watching the creature of the night. The boy should have been killed by the hunter but there was history there and in no way could the hunter ever bring himself to do so. He was ordered to protect the fledgling from the vampires he betrayed and gerbo was willing to do this.

Gerbo was not one with the force but he could since the pain in the heart of the young vampire where it came from he did not know. He just sat there watching the boy wondering what could have been so horrific to cause him to go against the Shrine. It was a rarity for a vampire to do such a thing and even more to survive but young Jason was here alive kind of.

Gerbo could smell the stench of vampire rot all over the boy but again came the emotions of care for the boy. Gerbo vowed to kill the one who turned this boy and he would do it as soon as the boy was ready to speak of his master. No he thought he must tell me now.

"Who was it that turned you boy I must know!"

Jason Dreggs
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:53:50 PM
"Her name is not to spoken to the likes of you hunter. I know what you will do to her if you find out and I can let that happen."

Jason glared at gerbo for a while to trying to read the hunter. Gerbo seemed unfazed by Jason's comment as if he had half expected it. Jason looked to where the window should have been the curtains and the shudders where closed tight. He wonders if it was day or night.

He then returned to the words he spoke there was no way he would ever tell gerbo of Miranda. He still loved her and he would spend his endless life trying to find her and show her that he was meant to be with her. He would not let the hunter ruin that for him.

He came to the realization that he need to find a new home and this home wasn't with the Shrine or his actual family. No it was out there in the endless space searching for her and where ever she was that was home.

imported_Gerbo Lang
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:00:22 PM
Gerbo didn't show his angered feelings towards the boy even though he figured he should have known the response the boy would give. Still he was angered he wanted to know but at least now he knew it was a female. This female who ever she was would pay for what she did to Jason. Sooner or later Gerbo would find out who this woman vampire was.

"Fine do you want tell me who she is then tell me why you became one of them."

Jason Dreggs
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:07:21 PM
"No that’s information you don't need to know, you will leave her out of this. You can be mad at me all you want but it was my choice and that’s all you need to know Hunter."

He looked again to the window wondering what should be his next move. The window looked like his best chance for escape but was it night or day out. If it was day Jason would die the instant the light touched his skin. If was night all he would have to worry about was the drop onto the curscant streets. He was a vampire he could survive the fall how good of shape he would be in is unknown. He looked to gerbo with a quick glance from the window.

"Is it night or day out?"

imported_Gerbo Lang
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:13:20 PM
He was again angered by the answer given but he let it go soon enough the boy would tell him what he wanted to know. When the love affects of the vampire whore off him and the ties to his master where severed.

The came a strange question to gerbo's ears one that seemed innocent enough but why did he have this strange nagging that this boy was going to try something. He just shook the feeling away with out a thought and looked to the window himself.

"Its night out why?"

Jason Dreggs
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:14:58 PM
"Because in about a minute I’m going to leap out that window and make a run for it. I have a better chance of survival out there on my own. I will thank you know for saving me from the shrine but I real must go."

Jason noted gerbo's cocky smile as if he knew something Jason didn't. He didn't make his move for the window instead he watched the hunter for a moment longer. He couldn't believe it gerbo didn't believe he would do it. What foolish hunter he is Jason thought to himself.

imported_Gerbo Lang
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:24:39 PM
"You won't jump boy, not even a vampire can survive a fall all the way to the curscant lower streets. Plus if you did run I would have to hunt you for real, plus where would you go. Your Master abandoned you and the shrine now wants you dead. Where would an outcast like you hide?"

Gerbo was holding his temper he knew now the boy had no plans of coming home just plans to get out of the shrine. Smoker would not be happy with this and gerbo knew there would be no next chance to keep this boy alive.

"If you stay we can help you?"

Gerbo hoped at least they could. There was a drug being made but it was a long way from being finished plus side effects could be a thing. He hoped they could help the boy achieve mortality again.

"If you run I will kill you."

Jason Dreggs
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:32:40 PM
"Its not the fall that kills people its the sudden impact."

He was just being a smart mouth now trying to draw gerbo in so he could make his move. Jason was smart then gerbo or so he thought it was the vampire arrogance. The hunter may have survived this long but he won't outsmart a kid he taught some of his tricks to.

"I would find more like myself and unite them against you hunter so I could watch you bleed and die."

He was doing it now Gerbo was visibly broken on the brink of rage. It must pain the hunter to see him like this but Jason was never the type to stick around one place to long. It was getting time to leave and soon he would make his exit.

"I am an outcast but that’s the way I like it. You think vampires are bad but my father’s worse he will never die because of his cloning project only difference is he doesn't need blood to survive."

imported_Gerbo Lang
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:09:47 PM
Gerbo jumped from his seat at the kid. The kid could talk trash about gerbo all he wanted but when the kid started to bash his own father that took the cake. Jason father was an admirable man in Gerbo's opinion. How could this kid just sit there and say such things.

He leaned in close breathing on the vampire with his hot breath. Anger was killer showing in the pulsing blood vessels of his eyes. Gerbo’s hand was slowly rising wanted to choke the boy until he admitted his wrong.

"Your father is a great man and you know it. You should watch your mouth when talking about him you spoiled good for nothing brat."

Jason Dreggs
Aug 19th, 2003, 11:31:58 PM
"Your a fool half breed."

Jason ducked under the coming hand and dashed for the shuttered window. He leapt throw it with out fear into the night into the crowded high levels of curscant city. Glass shards of the busted window cut into his skin as he fell into a free fall head dive heading for the lower streets.

He twisted his body avoiding cars as best he could he winged a few knocking his dive into uncontrollable spin. He began to get dizzy as he tried to straighten his fall out but soon he swooned into darkness into the depths of unconsciousness. He only felt one more slight thug after banked off a balcony on a lower apartment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He awoke on the street his battered body laying in a dumpster of the lower streets. He could hear noises all around him of people going about there business. He must not have been asleep that long because it hadn't reached morning yet and how he ended up in the dumpster was beyond him.

Already his cuts had begun healing but he noticed he had a busted leg. With slight twitch of pain he tried to shrug off he pulled himself out of the dumpster and into the streets. He walked dragging his leg behind him. He needs to find a place to hide from the coming day but he didn't know where to head first.

He wandered the streets for several hours before he found an abandoned church. This was former holy ground but he head in any way hopes old myths not to be true. He dragged himself to a pew and sat down looking at the old relics and symbols of a lost religion as he waited for his body to heal. He would be safe for the day curscant was too big of city for gerbo to search in one day. He just had to decide where he needed to go next from this point he was a rogue vampire with no home.

Salem Ave
Aug 20th, 2003, 02:19:01 AM
Up above, with the rooks and ravens rested their weary claws, in the dusty old rafters, a shadow perched. Far too large to be one of the birds, it was betrayed only by the two thin slights of hot white light that hovered at eye level. With its claws curled around, and indeed embedded in, the wood below them. This was not a regular haunt for the vampire Salem Ave, but it had caught his eye. It reeked of others of his species, and he was curious as to why they would make such a building their sanctuary.

After some time of waiting one had finally chanced by and he had watched him enter before scuttling away to the side, loping down through the various attics and lofts to finally set himself on the churches second floor, which over looked the main hall. Down below, Dreggs was sprawled over a pew. He seemed no threat and thus after a short time had passed the Knight sprang down and landed in the aisle which lead to the alter. He gather his cloak and pulled it tightly about his body and face, remaining perfectly still in the darkness.

Jason Dreggs
Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:06:21 AM
Startled by a very silent one no common man could here but load enough for every creature of the night to turn and stare. Jason lifted head as his eyes adjusted to the darker dark he saw two eyes. His body stiffened in a fear, he was a vampire yes but still naive to his powers. He final was able to cough a few words out.

"Who’s there? I'm vampire you better careful."

It sounded stupid to all those who would chance to listen it sounded like a mortal claiming strength where there was weakness. Even though it was a scared vampire. Jason wasn't use to this excitement he hadn't experienced enough it was just weeks ago that he was turned and just days ago since he had lost his master and love. Now he wonder the universe much like he did as a mortal only this time it would be an eternity.

"Come quit playing games I see your eyes. Yes you in the aisle."

Fear was clear in his voice no doubt what could be more vile then what he was. Those eyes came from something or some one powerful he could sense it.

Salem Ave
Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:12:55 AM
The dull light of the lanterns above spread over Salem slowly as he walked forward. His arms were folded behind his back, hands clasped together. Deliberately slowly he moved forward, more lurching and bobbing than walking – it was how he always moved. His body was far too unwieldy and his height had caused him to develop something of a hunch over time. It made him look like some great lanky hunchback.

“A vampirrre,” he purred, as the light slowly bathed his dark skin.

“How unique! I am awed by yourrr presss-ence alone, dark one.”

His voice was neither sincere nor sarcastic. It simply was. Monotone as ever, the stuttered droll of a young vampire.

Jason Dreggs
Aug 22nd, 2003, 01:36:31 PM
He scrambled back in the pew as the monster came forward. He could tell the thing what ever it was, was lying about being awe stricken. What did this monster want he evidently didn't have fear of Vampires?

"Who and what are you?"

Jason tried to bring up some bravado to make it look like he wasn't scared. This creature of the night thing was more hassle then it was worth. Why oh why did he do this just for a girl and then his thoughts flashed back to Miranda.

"Tell me now!"

The thoughts gave him a sense of hope of something to hold onto. Miranda was his guardian whether she was with him or not. This monster was just an obstacle on his road towards finding her.

Salem Ave
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:22:43 AM
“Sss-alem Ave, at yourrr service,” he replied with a mock bow, one arm crossing over his body gracefully.

As he straightened up, he brought his hands back to their former position.

“Sssith Knight and vampire of the Cabal. Now you have my name and affiliation, what of yourrrs?”

Jason Dreggs
Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:54:05 PM
"If you’re a vampire you the ugliest Vampire I have ever seen."

Jason was getting a little more at ease he still didn't trust this beast who claimed to be a vampire. He wasn't scared ether he figured if it wanted to kill him it would have done it by now.

"Names Jason Dreggs, Former Vampire of a place called the shrine. I'm a sith vampire and a real newbie at this after death stuff."

He told Salem straight what he was he felt no need to lie.

"I'll probably go back to my drifting ways for how ever long I'm alive. I don't how long that will be I already got a hunter on my tail. What’s this place you speak of the Cabal it sounds like it was ripped out of a video game or something?"

Jason laugh it had been a long time since he laughed and it felt good.

"So are you going to kill me Salem?"

Salem Ave
Aug 24th, 2003, 04:17:07 AM
At the mention of the Shrine, Salem definitely looked as though he had tasted something sour. He shifted a little, taking in what was said and not taking offense from a single word of it. He wasn’t particularly concerned with physical appearance or what some rogue shriner thought about his brethren.

“Are you going to give me a rrreason to, Jason?”

Jason Dreggs
Aug 25th, 2003, 01:45:34 AM
"No I think we can both be reasonable vampires and not try to kill each other."

Jason gave weak smile he had hope he didn't Tee off Salem. I mean this guy could clearly take Jason out at any moment he felt like it.

"So this Cabal is it a nice place I mean I might want to stop by it if I'm ever in the neighborhood. I really don't have a home and I really don't know to many like me but it’s probably a secret place and you don't want to tell me."

Jason stopped silent and quit his mumbling after he realized his sentences where making no sense. Making conversation was hard to do when you don't know what the outcome to your questions will be.

"I'm sorry Salem, I'm probably bothering you. This is probably your church to sleep in, I'll go find another abandon building some place. Not like I'll be alive much longer anyway I got a hunter on my tail."

Jason Began to look a bit glum about his life. It wasn't going anywhere to fast maybe it would be best to let gerbo kill him. Then again there was this place the Cabal that Salem said something about it sound like a vampire place. Maybe he could find his niche there but how to get Salem to take him to this place was the hard part.

Salem Ave
Aug 27th, 2003, 06:19:58 AM
“Sleep in this church? Have you taken a hit to head?”

Salem’s brow furrowed, “I came herrre to find you. I could sssmell you a mile off.”

He began to idly adjusted the cloth around his forearms as he strode forwards.

“As for the Cabal, it is a sssmall gatherrring of vampires. We do not hold the sssame ideals as the Shrine, and are fewer in number – but thisss fact alone does not make usss weakerrrr.”

Jason Dreggs
Aug 27th, 2003, 02:45:12 PM
"Well I never did hold the ideals of the shrine I only joined for a woman. When she left I left and I held nothing back in my dislike for the shrine. As for weakness and strength that doesn't matter to me much. If your willing to teach me how to be a vampire that’s good enough for me Salem."

Jason stood up from the pew and offered a hand to Salem as a sign of piece or friendship or what ever Salem wanted to take it as. Jason Dirty face let a little smile hang on his face.

"If this cabal has room for me I would be willing to serve them. Just know that at some point I am going to go in search of the girl I lost."

Salem Ave
Aug 30th, 2003, 02:39:47 AM
Salem did not accept the handshake. He abhorred physical contact of any kind and would not stoop himself so low as to touch this man. As a side note, he doubted Dreggs would appreciate having his hand almost crushed by Salems talons.

“We don’t want people to ssserve us,” he replied, “We went strrrong willed vampires.”

Jason Dreggs
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:26:34 PM
Jason thought it a little rude that Salem never accepted the handshake but that might just been his way. So they wanted strong Vampires well Jason thought he could pull that maybe.

"Yeah sure what ever Salem I can be strong willed. Just let me come back to this cabal with you and I’ll prove to you that I'm strong willed."

Jason gave a hoping fanged smile but it didn't look like Salem was buying it. Maybe this was Jason's fate to be hunted by Gerbo Lang with no place to hide.

Salem Ave
Sep 3rd, 2003, 07:21:42 AM
Salem gave a light shrug of his shoulders.

“What makesss you think you will be up to the standarrrds we want? I’m sssure there are many vampires who think they would be good enough, when really all they dessserve is an end to their unlife.”

Jason Dreggs
Sep 4th, 2003, 12:59:20 AM
"Because I survived as a mortal and I intend to survive as an immortal. I need to learn the ropes a little better I mean I have only been a vampire for a month now. Just give me a chance Salem and I’ll prove to you and the cabal that I was a good choice."

Jason stopped for a moment he wants to tell Salem about all the people he had killed and slaughtered. Salem would have known it all to be a lie though there was no point to lying. Salem needed to make his decision based on Jason alone.

"Just give a chance its all I ask."

Salem Ave
Sep 10th, 2003, 07:45:18 AM
“Alrrright,” Salem nodded.

“But if you don’t meet the barrr, you will be killed.”

With this said, the vampire began to walk towards Jason and straight on past him towards the churches giant doors.

Jason Dreggs
Sep 12th, 2003, 12:10:21 AM
"Well I'll warn you now, I'm one tuff bugger to kill. I have nearly been executed four times no wait make that five if you consider the hunter on my tail now."

Jason shut up after that following Salem to where ever he led him. Heck Salem could have been taking him right to the hunter and he wouldn't even have noticed. He was going to a new home wherever that was.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes in life you have no choice but to follow a stranger into whatever darkness he leads you. Jason followed like a sheep because he for now he was still innocent blood. He had only seen darkness once in his life and that’s when he went through his turning. He still hadn't tasted his first drop of blood, he hadn't killed a single person, he had no hate, and there was no rage. Soon things will change for the young vampire and he will learn what it means to be a creature of the night. After death there is only one thing left to do live the after life.

Salem Ave
Sep 13th, 2003, 02:12:09 AM
Continued here (http://meras.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8412).