PDA

View Full Version : Righteous!!!

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Jun 30th, 2003, 02:21:29 PM
Slowly and quietly two lone figures entered the Jedi Recruitment Center and walked toward the center of the large, open floor room. Upon reaching the destined point, they stopped and stood there in silence for several moments. "Narly, bro! We're here!" The silence was broken, though, by words spoken in a heavily accented Basic.

Spinning around, Zacharia Dawnstrider stopped and eyed the shadows, seeming to sense something, or rather -- someone. "Like -- is anyone here, Jake?" He questioned, turning back to face his newfound friend, Jakob Burton -- the one who brought him here. "I can be patient, dude -- do ya think that those righteous dudes -- um, Jedi -- will mind if I use my board on those holy rails?" He questioned with a toothy grin.

Jakob Burton
Jul 1st, 2003, 12:18:31 AM
"Well, I don't really know who else is here, dude, but as far as grindin' the rails.....it's probably out of the question....."

Jake spoke of the grinding with a chuckle......Jake almost thought the same thing when he was brought into the Recruitment Center......but it involved a spar, not a boarding move......after all, the fighter traits were ingrained into his very core of his being.

"Dude, I'd interview you myself for this, but I'm not a Knight or a Master.....just a Padawan."

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Jul 1st, 2003, 01:58:08 PM
Zach came out of his trance and spun around, locking his eyes on Jake's face. "Oh, right -- it's all good, dude. We'll just wait for a narly Jedi of the upper ranks to find us." He said with a toothy grin.

Of course, he could not help but slowly walk away from his new friend and approach a railing that surrounded the area. A smile crossed Zacharia's lips as he hopped up onto it and pretended a board was beneath his feet.

"This is one HOLY rail!" He exclaimed before hopping down and eyeing it. The young man ran his hand along the beautiful metal and sighed to himself. "I couldn't destroy something as righteous as this, though." He said absently before turning to face Jake. "So like -- when did you join the Order?"

Jakob Burton
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:29:58 PM
"About a year ago, when my mom died and I gained my freedom by killing the Hutt who owned us....."

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:20:24 AM
Zach lowered his head and sighed to himself. "I'm sorry, mate. If it helps any, I never knew my mom. I bet she was righteous though."

His thoughts shifted as he thought her heard something, yet, there was no one there. "Like, is there any way to let one of those narly Jedi dudes know I'm here?" He questioned with a grin, hoping someone would come soon.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:33:00 AM
It was a little early on in the day and Dasquian hadn’t expected there to be any recruits waiting yet – but when he arrived he was pleasantly surprised. Two people were already waiting. On a second glance he realized one was already a member, but the more ‘unique’ of the two was most certainly not. Dasquian would have remembered a face like that.

“Good day… can I help you two?”

Xazor Elessar
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:39:50 AM
edit: delete

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:40:55 AM
Zacharia spun around and laid his eyes upon a man who looked to be about his age. Smiling toothily, the enthusiastic skater made his way to the one who had approached. "RIGHTEOUS! Dude, I was like, just wondering how to get a narly dude like yourself in here." For some reason, Zach suspected that he was of Knight or Master standing -- it was the way he felt.

"I wanna be a Jedi!" He exclaimed, looking right into Dasquian's eyes. Despite Zach's appearance, he meant well and indeed, wished to be a Jedi and follow the Light. "But like -- I didn't know how so Jake brought me here." He nodded to his new friend.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:42:28 AM
“I see,”

Dasquian smiled a little taken aback by the overflowing enthusiasm. The manner in which he was speaking, though Basic, was not familiar to Dasquian, and it took him a second or two to decipher each word.

“And why do you want to be a Jedi, Mister…?”

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:45:48 AM
Zach smiled and looked at Dasquian with wide eyes. "Because, I want to help people like you do, bro!" He exclaimed as he slapped Dasquian on his right bicept. For a moment, the young man inhaled deeply and stepped back, hoping he had not crossed the line.

"Really, though -- I wanna do somethin' with my ruufus life and rip it at the Jedi Order!" He said with a smile.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:48:05 AM
Dasquian glanced down for a moment, chuckling to himself. Hazarding a shot at getting the man’s name hadn’t gone as planned – he was probably too caught up in his excitement.

“What do you understand we as Jedi do, then? Helping people how? And what else?”

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Jul 3rd, 2003, 07:06:39 AM
Zach smiled as he thought and quickly came up with an answer. "You're kind -- there's something RIGHTEOUS about you that lets ya help other people by -- keeping the peace or just talking to someone to make 'em feel better!"

His smile grew as he continued thinking about what else Jedi did. Honestly, he didn't have the faintest clue. "Right -- and you guys also -- uh -- well you study and learn things so you can -- make the galaxy better!" He exclaimed, clearly going off on a wing, but hoping.

"Man, I screwed that up!" He thought to himself and shook his head. "Sorry, bro -- I hope I'm not too wacked for your Order. I don't mean to be disrespectin' if I am."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 4th, 2003, 08:49:30 AM
“Everyone is welcome to try and become a Jedi so long as they’re doing it for the right reasons, such as helping people,” Dasquian replied with a reassuring smile. There was something familiar about this one.

“We do also have to deal with conflict and put ourselves in the line of danger. Could you like a life like that?”

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:28:52 AM
Zacharia soon forgot about skateboarding and surfing as the situation was laid out before him. He had a few choices now, it seemed. He could either live an easy life -- or he could do what he was destined to do and live a life of difficulty.

"I know what I was made for, and right now -- I'd rather live like a narly Jedi, danger or no danger -- I laugh in its face! I walk on the wildside -- especially to help others." He said with a smile, the enthusiasm still held within his bright eyes.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 5th, 2003, 09:15:16 AM
“So long as you don’t walk too far on the wild side,” Dasquian chided.

“Well… I think I can accept you into the Order then,” he added with a smile.

“I’m sure Jakob here can sure you around…?”

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Jul 5th, 2003, 09:33:08 AM
"NARLY!" Zacharia exclaimed before slapping Dasquian on the arm once again. "You are one RIGHTEOUS dude!" He said with a glow in his eyes. Turning to Jakob with a grin on his face, Zach nodded at Dasquian's suggestion. "Could ya man?"

Jakob Burton
Jul 5th, 2003, 08:51:50 PM
"Of course."

Jake smiled, offering a hand to Zach in a welcoming handshake.

"Welcome to the GJO. What do you wanna see first?"