PDA

View Full Version : Concerning the New Republic...

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 30th, 2003, 01:46:49 PM
Greetings all... :)

I'm going to follow through with an idea that I'd been thinking about that involves bringing the New Republic to life. Marcus mentioned a while back that the problem was there were no primary characters to help run the NR, thus, I'm going to put Kindo on hold for a while and create a character to help run the NR, and yes, he will be primary. This will finally provide a chance for those who wish to join the NR, through whatever branch they wish, to join and acutally have someone give them objectives and assignments. It would also provide a chance for the Imperial groups to have some competition. There would be more raids, starfighter combat, and plenty other roleplays.

All I need is the permission from whoever has the authority to give it. I'm not asking to completely take over and run the NR, only to be someone in charge so that other characters can have someone to give them assignments and such. Lion El' Jonson is already putting together some awesome plans, and I'd work alongside him. My character will be strictly NR, therefore this won't be something that is just picked up and dropped. Not to mention, this is something I'd really like to do. So if anyone can pull some strings for me, I sure would appreciate it. :)

Dove
Jun 30th, 2003, 09:50:19 PM
It'll probably just be very difficult, because if you're planning on making it in the same continuity the GJO and the darkside groups are in, it'll get really REALLY complex. First of all, starfighter combat rping has never gotten popular since I've been here, and second, what'll most likely happen is that the NR Senate will simply remain in limbo the entire time since I very much doubt that the GJO will 1) take orders from it; and 2) most of the Jedi in the GJO simply don't have the time or patience to take on another entire facet of their Jedi experience.

Of course, it sounds like a great idea, but I'm just sorta worried that you might put a LOT of work into it like many have tried in the past, and then have it wasted once you realize that it's just not that fun.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:00:07 PM
My character's purpose will be served more on the battlefield, rather than the Council chambers. I'd rather get more into the military aspect than the political side of the NR.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:01:19 PM
Did you try asking at the NR board? :) It seems to me the people in charge would be there...?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:03:49 PM
Nobody is ever there... ever.

General Tohmahawk
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:07:38 PM
Wrong. I do watch it. And so does Lion

Dove
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:09:14 PM
It's probably just pretty empty. Most people like playing force-weilding warriors, or at the very least, someone really badass that has Boba Fett-level skills. What'll most likely happen is that almost all of the NR army and navy officers would want to have some force powers that they "cannot yet control completely", or else they will simply be the 4th or 5th character of some existing rper that has too much on his/her plate already.

What I remember usually happened when one side would take a bunch of ships and attack a system or planet, there would just be no one for them to fight against, and then the thread would just disappear. People are just too lazy. It's already really complicated trying to rp a space battle between more than two starfighters.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:10:43 PM
Nobody ever posts there, therefore I decided to post this here in hopes that it would be read. What's your say in this?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:11:35 PM
Sorry, Dove. In my last post I was talking to Marcus, and that was before you posted.

Charley
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:13:28 PM
Can't speak for the navy brats, but the NRSF is active enough.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:17:35 PM
I know you all have your Forgotton War going on, but I'm putting more emphasis on dealing with other illegal groups(Imperial factions) and such. I wouldn't specifically need the NRSF.

Charley
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:23:21 PM
The Forgotten War RP is just one particular story arc (albeit, a very important and detailed one).

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:27:31 PM
Gotcha.

Silus Xilarian
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:46:56 PM
Imperial Factions are illegal??? :(

I guess Balmorra better stop sending their ambassador to the Senate!! :p

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 30th, 2003, 11:03:13 PM
LOL!!!

After heavy contemplation, I think I'll just drop the NR thing... for now at least.

Park Kraken
Jul 1st, 2003, 12:03:30 AM
What? You are the ones who launched the incursion into Thyferra space! Although I will let it slide, seeing as to how that MC-90 Battlecruiser is getting pretty badly shot up.........

Ishan Shade
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:11:29 AM
I just hope Kindo makes time for our thread in Storytelling :)

Charley
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:03:11 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Kraken
What? You are the ones who launched the incursion into Thyferra space! Although I will let it slide, seeing as to how that MC-90 Battlecruiser is getting pretty badly shot up.........

IIRC, Kindo doesn't play any of the people involved in that RP.