PDA

View Full Version : GJO Request

imported_Eve
Jun 29th, 2003, 03:38:38 PM
I'm bringing forth a request re: GJO, which I received today on AIM.

Is it possible to have a disclaimer somewhere (perhaps in the forum description) to warn people that... I guess, the environment is different there? More to the point - the GJO admins/mods deal with things differently, or in a more harsh way. Maybe even a link to their FAQ section (if there is one - I have not read it) that talks about "crime and punishment"?

I was explained that this is a family oriented board, and the dynamic changes in the way people are treated when they mess up, at GJO, than in the general forums.

Before anyone replies, please do not take offense. I think this is a perfectly legitimate request, as at least one member of this board has thought to inquire about it.

Since we have recently talked about individual subforum RP policy affecting general board-wide policy, perhaps this is another issue for us to look at in light of the fact that the general FAQ is being revised.

Or, we can respect the agreement made between the general Staff and GJO Staff that GJO will run their board, OOC, as they see fit. However, then a disclaimer is needed somewhere?

Should this thread be moved to the other forum as more GJO peeps can respond? Or can we have a dicussion here about what we think, and them PM the GJO admin/mods about it? I don't intend to open up a can of worms. Just bringing forth a request.

Thank guys.

ReaperFett
Jun 29th, 2003, 03:55:13 PM
Can I just ask, was the request made by a GJO member?

But yes, I do think it needs indicating. Sorr and Kraken seem to have been banned from there for basically nothing/little (Unless Kraken has an unknown to me Jedi character who has caused trouble), so people should be warned.

imported_Eve
Jun 29th, 2003, 04:04:39 PM
I don't think this person is a GJO member. I wouldn't know to tell you the truth. I will ask.

Sorr was banned for spamming and that was posted in Spamming Notice in Arcan Trading Base. She was warned about it, then was banned from arguing with Marcus (not for doing it again), as I read. However, I think she has been told several times about it before. Not versed enough to say, but I know many people have had this issue with her.

Kraken - I don't see a post anywhere explaining his banning. God moding?

ReaperFett
Jun 29th, 2003, 04:17:52 PM
Not a clue with Kraken. But the guy is rivalling Charley on characters already, so it could be anything.

Shawn
Jun 29th, 2003, 04:23:18 PM
Personally, I think the GJO makes it fairly clear that they're a seperate entity. They've got sticky threads up all over the place about how they expect their posters to behave, what will earn them a banning, etc.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 29th, 2003, 05:24:48 PM
GJO = separate entity = will rule as they see fit, and its with an iron fist.

In the general Swfans FAQ there should be a note that the rules at the RP Group boards may be different than the main board, and posters should read up accordingly.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 30th, 2003, 08:46:19 AM
If any kind of disclaimer for group forums is added, it needs to be so general as to include all RP group forums. A special disclaimer for just the GJO is not very consistent IMO.

As it is right now, I believe we do have a disclaimer for all group forums in the RP group forum Admin list topic in the FAQ forums.