PDA

View Full Version : A Time and Place for Everything Part 2

Lady Mylia
Jun 29th, 2003, 12:23:03 PM
After the trip from the Bar and Grill to the Acadamy, Mylia was worn out and worried. Her friend Jacali had come to, but still needed more help. As they all waited on the healing floor for Dasquian and the healer. Both could help Jacali. Mylia twirled a piece of hair nervously, waiting. She looked to Pierce, Quay'Na and Jacali, hoping that everything would be okay.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jun 29th, 2003, 12:27:11 PM
Along the way back to the Temple, Jacali slid into unconsciousness again.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 29th, 2003, 01:14:16 PM
Dasquian arrived to see the small group, among who was Jacali – apparently unconscious. He jogs to them and kneels down by his apprentice.

“What’s happened? How did she end up like this?”

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 29th, 2003, 01:15:53 PM
Navaria was with Dasquian as well, receiving the call that a member of the Order was ill. She stood motionless and remained quiet as her mind probed Jacali for the source of the disorder while Dasquian questioned the group....

Pierce Tondry
Jun 29th, 2003, 05:33:50 PM
"She collapsed in the Bar and Grill on my watch," Pierce reported, still supporting Jacali's head with a hand and trying to probe her thoughts as gently as possible. "She's burning up, and her body is under a distinctly subconscious form of stress. I don't recognize it, but I'm pretty sure she's ill. How she got this way is anyone's guess. She hasn't exactly been in a good frame of mind for answering questions."

Lady Mylia
Jun 29th, 2003, 05:40:56 PM
Mylia looked at Dasquian with a shrug. "We don't know, we were in the bar and grill, having a drink--Quay'Na and I--and Jacali came in. She was not looking very well at all, and we tried to get her to sit down, but she wouldn't, and then she paced out. I tried to catch her, but in the process I fell too." Mylia said as she rubbed her head.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 29th, 2003, 05:48:13 PM
Quay'Na agreed with a nod. "I told her I'd go get her drink and we did try to get her to the booth, but it was too late."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jun 30th, 2003, 08:10:58 AM
The ill Padawan began to stir again, from Pierce's mental suggestion.

She opened her eyes and saw Dasquian knelt beside her. "Mas...Master? Am I in trouble?" That was all she could think about as her body began to shake. "It's so cold, Master."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:00:05 AM
“No you aren’t in trouble Jacali,”

Not that we know of, he added to himself.

“You passed out… we think something is wrong with you, but we aren’t sure what. Have you been feeling off at all lately?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:15:57 AM
Jacali sighed as she nodded weakly. "I've been kinda sick for the past couple of hours, Master." Her voice scratched. "I didn't think it was that bad...not until now. I'm sorry, Master. I didn't mean to be a problem..." That had been the last thing that she wanted.

Lady Mylia
Jun 30th, 2003, 12:08:54 PM
Mylia watched and listened as Jacali got questioned. She felt bad that Jacali thought she had done something wrong. She continued to listen and watch. "If there is anything I can get or do let me know..."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 30th, 2003, 05:35:02 PM
Jacali felt her throat grow cooler, the scratchiness subsiding until finally numb.

Navaria blinked, the only sign that the Jedi used her power, and focused on Jacali.

"That should help you to speak better as I continue to probe the Force for the cause of your condition... I need you to explain more so I can help heal you."

imported_Jacali Danner
Jun 30th, 2003, 09:08:43 PM
"Explain..." Jacali mumbled as she felt the fire in her throat suddenly numbed. She looked up at the healer as she felt sweat tickle down her face. "I thought it was the flu...so I passed it off. But, now...I don't think it is...." She grimaced in pain as she turned her right hand over and showed them a nasty bite on her index finger with red streaks that went half way up her forearm.

Jacali clinched her teeth for a second. "I've been putting stuff on it, since it happened..." She felt her consciousness starting to waiver and fought to keep it.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2003, 11:33:50 AM
“Well it seems we have the source of our problem,” Dasquian sighed, as he looked at the bite mark.

Lady Mylia
Jul 1st, 2003, 12:28:34 PM
Mylia looked at Jacali's finger from behind the others, a sick expression crossed her face as she saw Jacali's arm. "When did she get that?" She thought to herself. She stood behind, watching and waiting to see what it was.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 1st, 2003, 12:59:07 PM
Quay'Na saw it as well and stepped forward. "Master Dasquian, I'm very attuned to animals. Do you mind if I take a better look?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:21:08 PM
"Ah .. now it all makes sense."

Navaria stepped forward and placed a hand over the fevered forehead of Jacali's.

"If you can do something ..."

She looked at the Padawan momentarily.

"... Quay'Na, then feel free to do so. Her life may depend on it if I cannot cure the poison."

Jacali felt more of her symptoms being relieved as a strange chill ran across the length of her body. It wasn't good. The poison had spread greatly but it was a subtle kind that took days to fully root itself in ones body.

Concentrating and relying on the Force, Navaria's mind probed deeply into Jacali in attempt to stop the venom.

Do not worry ... You will be safe. One way or the other.

The Jedi's voice was soothing and quite relaxing in the Padawan's mind. The anxiety felt with her admission was quelled gently by the Knight's presence.

She needed to contain the poison first before attempting to heal Jacali. Hopefully Dasquian's Padawan could give her more information to aid Navaria in curing her .. but if it came to it .. the Jedi Knight was willing to give as much of her energy to Jacali as was necessary.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:40:44 PM
Quay'Na hurried over and fell to her knees beside Dasquian and inspected the bite. It only took her a couple of moments to answer.

"This isn't an animal bite." She told them as she held up Jacali's hand. "It's an insect of some sort. See the fang marks, they are too close together. If I had to guess what it was I'd say...spider bite."

Quay'Na looked worriedly at the two Jedi Knights. "Where could she have gotten a venomous spider bite like this one? Here at the Temple? We need to find out where she's been."

Quay'Na looked at Mylia. "Mylia, has she mentioned anything about this to you?" She doubted it, but it never hurt to ask.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:03:06 AM
Jacali heard the words as they echoed in her mind. Her eyes slowly closed as she felt as if she was in some strange kind of dream. Almost non-existant.

Even with the help of the healer, the overwhelming exhaustion she felt was beginning to swallow her whole.

Spider bite.. She knew she had heard the words correctly, but her thoughts were becoming jumbled as time went on....

Lady Mylia
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:29:50 AM
Mylia shoke her head, trying to remember anything. She thought of the past day's events, trying to think of any detail that could be of some help. Nothing directly came to mind. "Nothing that I remember. We went for a jog through the garden... and then afterwards we went back to our room to clean up, after that, I went to the bar and a couple hours later Jacali came in."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:43:20 AM
“So she either picked it up during the jog, or during the time you were in the bar and she was in your room,” Dasquian deduced. He didn’t think he’d ever spotted any spiders around the grounds before, at least not consciously.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:57:43 PM
"I need to know for sure, if it was a spider or not." Quay'Na acknowledged as she glanced over her very ill friend, who seemed to be sliding into unconsciousness again.

"And unfortunately, I don't think we're going to get too many answers out of her. Is there anyway someone can see her thoughts without her help in the matter?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:04:53 AM
“I believe that would be Navaria’s forte,” Dasquian replied with a slight smile as he looked to his Master.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jul 3rd, 2003, 07:43:44 AM
OOC: Changed Post #10 from days to hours.....

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:03:11 PM
"Yes. It would be..."

Part of her conscious self broke away from tending to Jacali's symptoms and reached into the Padawan's mind. It wasn't easy juggling between healing and probing her mind, but Navaria's will was strong... and it actually helped that Jacali's mind was easily accessible in her current state.

Rakai's thoughts about the jog seemed right to the Knight. Maybe it was gut instinct or maybe it was the Force guiding her hand to eliminate wrong scenarios. And then it came like all shared memories do ...

She was running with her friend through the Order's grounds and marveling at how the sky was even thicker with hover vehicles. An accident had occurred that had traffic jammed for kilometers. Most of what Mylia said was lost in her amazement ....

Wait ...

Navaria had felt something brush against her arm and stopped the memory to disassociate and watch the two Padawans from afar. The memory played out again and this time the Knight saw Jacali accidentally run a little to far into the bushes where a spider, five centimeters in length and colored in red and black, was none too pleased at being disturbed and bit her.

Her focus returned to the present and now all her energies returned to keeping Jacali stabilized .... except for one small feat ..

"What species is this?"

She projected the image into Rakai's mind.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:45:25 PM
Quay'Na closed herself off from everything, except the image that Navaria had given her.

It was a spider, just as she had suspected. She studied the markings and the shape very carefully.

Insects and spiders had been only one of her many teachings her former master had taught her while on different systems.

Quay'na opened her eyes and looked at the healer with a rather worried expression. "It's called a Eberon spider. Very venomous, but the good thing is that as it carries it's toxin, it also carries an anti-toxin. But we must hurry, we haven't much time. We have to find that spider."

Lady Mylia
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:09:37 PM
Mylia's eyes got wide as a spider was mentioned. She put her hand over her mouth, and gasped slightly. "I remeber now, we were running and Jacali almost ran into some brush... she shrieked slightly, but when I asked her about it, she said it was nothing and we kept running..."

Pierce Tondry
Jul 4th, 2003, 06:38:12 AM
"You might be able to find one around the northwest corner of the gardens," Pierce spoke up. The others in the room looked at him as though they'd just remembered he was there.

Or maybe they were wondering how he knew? "One of 'em kinda tried to crawl down my pants the other day while I was practicing my forms," he admitted. "But I flicked it away before it could bite me."

Lady Mylia
Jul 4th, 2003, 07:26:33 AM
Mylia shook her head to Pierce, not disagreeing with him. "We didn't run in the northwest corner. We stayed more south."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 4th, 2003, 07:36:08 AM
That didn't sound good. One of these spiders were bad enough, but now two? She looked at the Knights. "These spiders shouldn't even be here, they are found in the deepest regions of Duroon." Her next thought was perhaps, someone planted them in the temple.

Lady Mylia
Jul 4th, 2003, 07:39:18 AM
Mylia covered her mouth again. "If there is more than one, there is a good chance there are baby spiders running around? " Mylia asked, hoping to be told differently.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 4th, 2003, 07:44:12 AM
Quay'Na sighed as she glanced at Mylia for a moment and then back at Dasquian and Navaria.

"Possibly." She said in a very low tone.

And with that thought, the situation could be even more dangerous, since baby spiders had no way to control their venom like the parents.

Lady Mylia
Jul 4th, 2003, 07:53:27 AM
Mylia's face show her worry. She was not a bug person and she didn't want to deal with an infestation. "So, you said that the anti-toxin is in the spider too? Well, Jacali needs it." Mylia wasn't trying to be rude, she just wanted her friend to be okay.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:08:39 AM
"The Eberon spiders that I had studied on Duroon did have the anti-toxin. But, if someone...not saying that someone did indeed-place an Eberon spider in the Temple premises, the species may have been genetically tampered with."

Quay'Na looked down at Jacali, who was beginning to visually shake. She held her hand for a moment and spoke softly, "I will find that spider, Jacali. You, just hang in there."

She stood and looked at the two knight's. "I'm going to find it, Master Dasquian. Please keep me informed on Jacali's condition."

She began to walk towards the door, stopped and turned. "Mylia, can you join me? I need to know where you and she were jogging and at about the place where she was bitten."

Lady Mylia
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:53:50 AM
Mylia stood up and nodded to Quay'Na. "Of course, anything for Jacali." She placed her hand on top of Jacali's, after Quay'Na. "It'll be okay, Jacali. We'll find that vile creature."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 6th, 2003, 05:49:44 AM
Along the way, Quay'Na stopped by her quarters and grabbed a small specimen jar and a datapad. Which she stuffed into her pocket. "Once we get the spider, we'll need to look at the list of names of local toxiologists. It'll need to be milked of it's venom and that is not one of my specialties. I mean, I can do it, but we need the info too quickly, so it's better this way."

With Mylia's help, the two quickly made their way to the garden where Jacali was bitten.

It looked peaceful enough and no one seemed t be here.

Quay'Na looked at her new friend. "Okay, where's the spot?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 6th, 2003, 06:17:50 AM
Dasquian had been a little hesitant about letting the two go without taking one of the Knights with them, but – he reasoned – all they were expecting to find were spiders, albeit poisonous ones … perhaps his reasoning was a little flawed? The Knight sighed and looked back to Jacali.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 6th, 2003, 08:59:32 AM
Perhaps you should go with them. I must stay Dasquian and keep Jacali stable

Her fellow Knight finally noticed that a line of sweat had covered Navaria's forehead. During their discussion, she had used a considerable amount of energy and had been channeling more in attempts to cure the posion incase the Padawans were too late in getting back here...

Lady Mylia
Jul 6th, 2003, 02:45:54 PM
Mylia turned left and made her way down a small dirt path, worn by footprints. She pointed to a spot. "It happened right over there."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 6th, 2003, 11:23:38 PM
Quay'Na followed Mylia and nodded as she pointed in the direction of where their friend was bitten.

Carefully, the Padawan made her way to the bush and began to slowly inspect the area.

She did however, spot the web and remenants of a spider, but no spider.

Quay'Na checked out the entire bush....nothing. She stepped back and sighed. "It moved." She glanced around at the other trees and bushes nearby.

Lady Mylia
Jul 7th, 2003, 05:36:41 AM
As Quay'Na looked at the bush, Mylia looked around at some of the other bushes. She sighed and saw no sign of a new web or anything. After severel minutes of searching, went over by Quay'Na. "I couldn't find anything." She said as she stood under a low lying tree branch.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 7th, 2003, 06:50:40 AM
Quay'Na stepped back by her friend and rubbed her chin with her hand thoughtfully. "I don't get it, these spiders don't move like this. Something, just seems wrong..."

She suddenly noticed movement around her shoulder and glanced to see a baby spider, the very one she was looking for.

Without a word, she flicked it off quickly. "Got one, hold it! Mylia, stay there!" Opening the specimen jar she went after it, it was quick.

Mylia, on the other hand did stay there. She tensed for a moment as she watched Quay go after the spider. But unknowingly, didn't realize a baby spider that had dropped on her as well.

It quickly crawled across the back of her tunic and down into her collar...

Lady Mylia
Jul 7th, 2003, 06:59:30 AM
Mylia tensed, her body froze. She took a deep breath and bit her lip. All of the sudden she felt a tickle on her neck. Unthinking she itched it and sealed her fate. She just irrated the spider more and it began to bite the back of her neck, not just once, but several times. Mylia began to itched the bites more, she shrieked, figuring out what was biting her. "Quay'Na! Quay'Na! I'm being bit!"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:07:52 AM
"Quay'Na! Quay'Na! I'm being bit!" She heard her friend shriek and dropped the jar.

From the skirming and dancing around, there was no doubt it was in her tunic. Without any thought at all, Quay grabbed the front of her friends outer tunic and ripped it off.

She had to get to that spider!

"Where is it, Mylia?!" She exclaimed. she still didn't see it.

Lady Mylia
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:11:53 AM
Mylia wished to continue itching but stopped for Quay'Na to get the spider. "It's.... o-on my b-b-ack.... my n-neck.." Mylia was so nervous and so scared that she could barely talk, she didn't wish to turn out like her friend and roommate.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:15:54 AM
Quay'Na quickly lifted the back of Mylia's under tunic and caught sight of the baby spider and quickly flicked it off.

Her eyes widened as she saw four bite marks on her friends back.

That's when something else caught her attention, movement in the tree above them. It began raining spiders.

"Move!" Quay'Na yelled as she pushed her friend out of the way.

Lady Mylia
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:20:57 AM
Mylia dived into a path of grass nearby. She put her hand on the back of her neck, feeling the stinging of the spider bites. The burning sensation was becoming to much. She closed her eyes tightly as if it eased the pain. She opened her eyes and looked around to see where Quay was, hopefully she made it out of the nest okay. "Quay'Na? Quay'Na? Are you okay?" She said quietly.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:26:10 AM
"I'm fine, Mylia! Come on, we've got to get out of here and close the area off!" She grabbed her jar and helped Mylia to her feet, and could already tell the venom was beginning to take effect.

Her friend stumbled slightly, so she put a steadying arm around her to help her back down the path.

At one time, Quay looked behind her and saw the ground moving.

She rushed Mylia out the door helped her sit and then rushed back to close it.

Lady Mylia
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:30:52 AM
Mylia welcomed Quay's help. Truthfully, she was feeling light headed. Her body began to feel numb, her mind began to wonder, she could not focus. Shivers began to take over her body, but she was burning up. She placed her hand on her forehead as she sat down, her eyes began to close. "T-thanks Qua...." She mumbled before she too became unconsious.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:42:35 AM
Quay'Na didn't hear her friend and she didn't see her go unconscious. She had to get to that door, before any of those spiders got out!

She slammed one of the doors shut, but the other was...stuck!

Closer and closer the spiders were coming!

"Sithspit!!" She yelled as she glanced down the corridor and spotted her good friend, Jakob Burton.

"Jake!" She screamed. "I need your help!! Hurry!!"

Jakob Burton
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:50:12 AM
"What? What's going on?"

Jake rushed over, a look of bewilderment showing on his face. That look changed to one of determination as he noted the spiders and that they seemed to be a little agitated. He looked to see what she was trying to do, and noted an importance with the door. Moving her aside, Jake used his brute tactics, kicking the door swiftly. It moved. Jake pushed Quay'Na into the hallway, and kicked the door shut, sealing him inside. Realizing that he was trapped, but she was ok, Jake turned to face the spiders.

"Man, you guys are uuu-gly! Where's my Raid?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 7th, 2003, 07:58:19 AM
Staring in disbelief, Quay'Na began beating on the door. "Jake! Jake!" She screamed.

She couldn't believe that her friend was in there, with all those spiders!

She could do nothing for him. He had pushed her out of the way and now he may not survive.

The thought was sickening as she looked up and saw Mylia...unconscious. "Mylia!" She yelled and ran over to her.

Jakob Burton
Jul 7th, 2003, 08:04:39 AM
"Jeez! Stupid bugs!"

Jake, feeling a need to maybe protect himself from a horde of red-and-black spiders, ignited both sabers. Jake had never seen the spiders before.....or wait, he had seen them. The last he saw spiders of this look was when he was employed by the whore house where he and his mother lived. He was to fight on a swinging platform, supended above the spiders. The danger was the.......poison. Crap. Jake couldn't let them get close to him. He began swinging his sabers measuredly, cutting down and killing row beyond row of spiders. He could smell the air filling with the pungent scent of charred spiders and their boiled toxins. Seeing that there were more, he kept swinging.

"You ain't gettin' me!"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 7th, 2003, 08:19:20 AM
Quay'Na rushed over and knelt down by Mylia. Her friends face was already flushed and hot.

"Sithspit! Mylia, can you hear me?" She cried. "Come on! Wake up for me! Oh, don't do this, Mylia!"

She reached for her commlink...it was gone. Crap!

Quay'Na searched for Mylia's, but hers was gone as well, it must have fallen off when she was looking for the spider on her friend.

She had to get her back to Navaria and Dasquian. This wasn't good, wasn't good at all.

She found herself caught in a quandary, both of her good friends were in trouble and both could die.

"Not again!" She cried as she quickly stood and ran over to the doors again. This time, she could just barely hear the hum of a lightsaber.

"I'll be back, Jake! I promise!" She called through the door, doubting that he heard her. Then ran back to Mylia.

With careful ease, Quay'Na placed her hands under Mylia's arms and began to drag her down the corridor.

Lady Mylia
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:29:12 AM
Mylia went in and out of consiousness. The last thing she remembered was sitting down and not she was being drug (sp?) down, or trying to be drug. She blinked several times, the dim light was still to much for her eyes. She moaned slightly. "Uhhhhhh.... w-what's happening?" She asked before she fell back into unconsiousness.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:45:01 AM
Quay didn’t need to find Dasquian – he was already approaching her, his telepathy alerting him to the situation at hand.

“I knew I should have come with you!” he chided at the sight of the unconscious Padawan.

“What’s happened? Where are the others?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 7th, 2003, 10:01:42 AM
Quay'Na qiuckly and carefully laid Mylia back down and looked at Dasquian. "Mylia's been bitten badly by a baby spider, we have to get her back, but Jake Burton is in there now, he shoved me out to be able to get the door closed! We've got to help him!"

She gave him a sick look. "There's hundreds."

Jakob Burton
Jul 7th, 2003, 02:19:21 PM
"Wooo!"

Jake was feeling good, considering the fact that the spiders were everywhere! He was in the zone....no single spider was getting past him. They would seem to advance only to be singed, cooked, or sliced back by a plasmatic blade of either a black or white hue. If anyone were there, they might notice the slight growth of his muscles. The Glabro form was slowly eeking out, but only as it was needed, if more speed or strength were necessary. Jake was fine tuned, and becoming more so with his Garou body....especially at times like these, when it seemed rather bleak. He half-way heard Quay'Na's shout for her return, but more or less ignored it. If he heeded it, he would lose the concentration, and might die.....And they needed him, he was needed to help, to do good.....Dying was the last thing on his list.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 7th, 2003, 02:35:55 PM
Quay'Na lost track of everything for just a second as her animal sensing began to pick up on something going on in that garden and it wasn't just the spiders.

She closed her eyes and drew on the Force and brought palms of her hands to her temples to mentally 'search' that garden as she had on many accouts with Sage.

Slowly, it became clearer and clearer and she saw everything going on.

Spiders were everywhere! Hundreds of them! Then, she saw Jake and was drawn directly to him...through her animal sensing.

What she noted she couldn't believe, she'd never really studied the species before, but knew about them.

The Garou species, so much like humans, it was often hard to sense as it was in Jake. Until this very moment, when his Garou instincts were very evident and helping each one of his moves. But, he was beginning to tire. She dare not make contact with him, in fear of distraction. So, she just watched for a few moments and hoped Dasquian could help as well.

A few seconds later, she spoke out loud, but kept her mental probe active. "There's hundreds of spiders in there, Master Dasquain. Jake is fighting them off, but I sense...he's tiring."

Lady Mylia
Jul 11th, 2003, 10:52:01 AM
Mylia blinked her eyes again, a serve headache was brewing and soreness covered her body. She could barely move her body and a pain hit her arm as she went to touch her head. She moaned again. "Uuuuuuhhhh...."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 12th, 2003, 01:35:17 AM
The distinct moan brought Quay'Na from her mental observation of Jake and back to the outer corridor.

By now, Dasquian was knelt over his new ailing apprentice, touching her forehead with his hand.

Quay'Na didn't know what to do first, too many things were at stake. She needed to get the spider to a toxicologist, but she couldn't just leave Jake and what about Mylia, if Dasquian went to go assist him? She would be out here alone, semi-unconscious in the corridor!

She fell to her knees by Dasquian. "This should have never happened!" She felt at fault that her friends were in such a mess!

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:58:05 PM
Zach had always been in tune to nature and the like -- it was just a part of him. Today when he went running, though, he had not expected to feel anything -- not like this. It began at the back of his neck and soon his arms and legs began to be affected. He felt weak and slightly sick to his stomach.

Stopping at the top of the hill where the path veered off, the young man looked about him and shook his head. "Dude -- like, something isn't right, man." He said quietly to himself and it was then that he heard the screaming and frantic cries. Running faster and faster despite the odd feelings he had, the young man rounded a corner and then stopped. Someone was in trouble around here. Rushing up to the tall building before him, the young man rushed inside to see a sight that made his heart sink.

"Oh my god -- Mylia!" He called out and dashed up to the small group until he collapsed upon his knees beside Dasquian, the man who had accepted him into the Order. Zach noticied the odd look he received from the man, but his main focus was on Mylia -- and she was suffering. "No -- hold in there my narly flower, okay?" He took her hand in his and squeezed it gently. "She'll die if we sit here!" The young man exclaimed, so without thinking of authority or anything else, he leaned over and scooped the woman up into his arms and spun around into a full sprint toward the healing ward.

Perhaps that was a bad idea for as he ran, he began coughing and his heart raced within his chest, faster than normal. His body was going into overdrive and he knew it was a bad thing. All of this was due to his secret -- the disease slowly eating away at him. He cared not, though, and continued on -- pressing forward as he carried Mylia. "I won't let you go -- I just met you." He said, this time his speech more refined but still heavily accented.

It took several minutes and he had no idea if the others were even behind him, but finally he found the med bay and he rushed inside, kicking open the doors in front of him and rushing into the foyer. "I need help! NOW!" He exclaimed and immediatly a healer was at his side questioning Mylia and taking her from his arms. He looked at her pale face and again felt a stab of pain run through his body. It was in that instant that he could not fight an attack his disease brought on -- and he collapsed upon the floor -- unconscious.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 13th, 2003, 07:46:45 PM
Meanwhile...

Sweat was shining off of the Knight's face now. The toxin was spreading faster and she was having trouble keeping up. She was beginning to worry for Jacali's safety.

NO!

Her mind cried out to the Force to give her the strength to see that this Padawan would live. She had her whole life ahead of her and Navaria was just a mistake; a being given a second chance at life. It would be hypocritical for her to not do the same for another being.

The Force flowed through her with such intensity now that it felt as if she was flying through the clouds. Her mind seemed to fully integrate itself through this selfless act, Navaria's powers increasing ten fold with each breath. Jacali was stable and even some of the toxin was being eaten away by the purifying energy that Navaria was creating.

But there was a price... Navaria was feeling her own life energy being drained, converted, and then exchanged so Jacali would live....

Pierce Tondry
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:06:47 PM
Pierce lifted Zacharia off the floor and set him into a medical bed. He looked to Navaria and Jacali, both of whom had gray pallor to their faces, then to the shivering Mylia and the unconscious Zacharia.

Something had gone wrong.

The feeling of need that had kept him in the medical ward increased a thousandfold. He looked at the door and in the next second, was sprinting through it.

The need pulled him through the hallways faster than he'd ever run. It was no longer Pierce Tondry, man of flesh and blood. The Force itself burned through his veins.

When he reached the hallway, he did not stop to talk to Quay'Na or Dasquian. The need pulled him right at the closed door.

And through it.

The flying kick broke the door entirely off its tracking and Pierce landed on it, squashing a couple dozen spiders into death. His thick boot soles killed several as he ran to Jake's side. He ducked beneath a lightsaber strike and snatched up his fellow Padawan bodily, then turned and burst back through the doorway, looking like a bustle of flying Jedi robes holding a battler that was confused at the interruption.

Pierce set Jake on his own feet again and looked to Dasquian. "Is there any way we can seal this section of hallway and the garden grounds?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:37:11 PM
Before, Dasquian had a chance to answer Quay'Na snatched up the spider jar. "I've got to get this to a toxicologist, pronto! Too many lives depend on it!" She started down the corridor, but skidded to a halt and quickly turned. "I need at comm, anyone have one I can borrow!?"

Lady Mylia
Jul 15th, 2003, 05:32:44 AM
Mylia fluttered her eyes and continued to moan slightly as she was carried back to the healer. She wasn't sure who was doing it, but that didn't matter. She was safe, by the healer. The soreness crept back over her body as she looked around. She saw a blurry image of the Navaria and Jacali, she then turned to see an unconsious Zacharia. She wished to go to him, but her pain kept her lying there.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 16th, 2003, 11:46:40 PM
Pierce snatched one from a pocket and tossed it to Quay'Na. Two spiders had found the open doorway and Pierce pulled his blaster and shot them both. He gestured with a hand, indicating that the party needed to move out of this hallway before things got too dangerous.

Jakob Burton
Jul 21st, 2003, 09:03:15 PM
"Thanks, man...."

Jake felt a little drained, but he was ok. As a few spiders crawled through the doorway (the ones that Pierce didn't hit), Jake struck out, incinerating them with the blades of his sabers.

"We might be able to close off the area.....most of these state-or-the-art buildings have quarantine systems that shut off the infected room. But we have to get to the control room to shut the rooms off."

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2003, 04:53:03 AM
In the tumult Dasquian managed to catch Pierce’s question and the reply which Jakob gave. He nodded and made a move for the control panel mounted on the wall, which opened on voice command. It slid open and Dasquian was patched into the system within moments. The Order had been fitted with blast doors in numbers of areas to act as defense in the event of an attack, and using the override commands the Knight was able to set some of the thick doors into place just where the others had requested.

It was not so simple with the gardens, which could have their entrances blocked but not the walls which surrounded them – but then Dasquian didn’t think the pests would be able to scale the huge walls anyway, so that wasn’t much of an issue.

Zacharia Dawnstrider
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:10:36 AM
Zacharia remained unconscious for several minutes. He was breathing and his heart was beating, but his body had gone into a shut down to protect him from anything that would happen. Now he lay upon a table, unable to do anything -- until something clicked inside of him. There was Mylia -- she was in pain still. He could feel it. As she looked at him, his eyes cracked open and did not shut, despite the pain the bright lights above him caused.

"MYLIA!" He called out, not realizing that she was practically beside him, being cared for. He thought it was all a bad dream until he slowly turned his head and set his eyes upon her helpless figure. Zach's heart broke as he watched her suffer. He wished to take her pain and bare it as his own, but he knew that was not possible. Even if it was, something like that would kill him due to the disease he carried. Closing his eyes, the young man relaxed his tense muscles and prayed in his mind that she would be alright.

Lady Mylia
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:34:15 AM
Mylia opened her eyes slightly as Zach called out her name. She turned her head and looked at him. She tried to speak, but she couldn't, even her jaw hurt. She tried to smile at him the best she could, to reassure him that everything would be okay. She then rolled her head back over-slowly- and closed her eyes, trying to keep movement to a minimuim to lessen the pain.

Jakob Burton
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:22:04 PM
Jake, hearing Zach's call, tried to speak to him mentally, hoping he would hear it....

"Hey, dude. It's ok, man. She's in the best hands...so calm down.....havin' you or anyone else flip their board is the last thing we need, cuz'....Stay focused....."

After his mental attempt, more spiders came in. Jake struck at them, and used a downward X-block to scorch and kill a spider that had leapt at his leg.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 4th, 2003, 03:42:42 PM
Pierce's blaster fired off five shots in quick succession. Five spiders flew backwards, ending up as charred husks next to the wall.

"That's the last of them out here," he said. "Now this can go to the Jedi Council. Someone needs to look into how these spiders got on the grounds."

Pierce stared obliquely at the garden walls. "Go on," he said. "You guys go take care of the wounded and send the message. I'll keep watch just in case."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:50:18 PM
Quay'Na nodded as she grabbed up the spider in the specimen case. "I'll get the anti-toxin!" She quickly took off towards the turbo-lifts.

Lady Mylia
Aug 5th, 2003, 10:48:53 PM
Mylia looked around, her pain was increasing. She moaned, begging to be help by someone. She didn't know how much longer she was going to be able to hold out.