PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this kid? (open)

Rizel
Jun 27th, 2003, 10:27:00 PM
Rizel dances through the door of the Bar and Grill, turning the guards' heads and drawing the eyes of everyone in the Bar...at least, the eyes of the men. This is all well and good, but she's not after anyone older than age seven. She's looking for a little boy, and she's armed with a powerful weapon of persuasion; her body. She seats herself in the lap of a nearby Jedi man, smilingly coyly at his surprised expression, and pulls a picture from within her dress.

"Hey sweetie...can you tell me if you've seen this little boy?"

The boy in the picture is wearing a huge smile and clothes that are almost too big for him. His unruly blonde hair sticks up everywhere, and he's seated on the shoulder of a man with equally unruly red hair.

"His name is Kwiet Ideya..." Rizel continues, snuggling in close to kiss his neck lightly. "I was wondering if he came in here at all?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2003, 02:12:50 AM
"You have two seconds to get off me or I kill you" he growled. "One....."

Rizel
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:13:28 AM
Rizel stands up, still smiling, but cursing her bad luck in her mind. Seems she caught a married man...or at least a guy with better morals than her usual crowd.

"Sorry hun, but you can't really blame me for trying, can you?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2003, 08:10:24 PM
The filthy look could have scorched the paint off the walls.

"Try lapdancing somewhere else. Maybe if you ask politely, then maybe it might work. This is a Jedi Bar"

Which, really was rather obvious

Rizel
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:01:11 PM
Anger rises in her heart, but she bites down on it. I won't do to be thrown out.

"Let's just say I'm used to a rougher crowd," she says hastily. "At anyrate, could you please tell me about this kid? His guardian says he's been kidnapped or lost or...something. His name's Abel Kannan, if that means anything."

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 29th, 2003, 06:56:49 AM
"Really" he said flatly. "Well, matter of fact I do know where the kid is. But I have this nagging suspicion I'm not going to tell you without a better reason"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 29th, 2003, 07:05:16 AM
"She doesn't deserve to know." The voice was cold and flat and it came forth from a figure clad in white robes sitting behind Rizel. Slowly the woman rose and walked over to where Marcus was seated, taking a seat beside him. "I know your intent -- I see into the minds of many, and -- you shall not get what you want this time."

The Jedi Knight smiled toothily, baring her elongated canines as she spoke. "Indeed, this is a Jedi Bar -- and just because we are peace-lovers and we are kind does not mean we give out information that would put a child's life in jeopardy."

Rizel
Jun 29th, 2003, 02:41:20 PM
Rizel sighs, covering her eyes with one hand to try and collect herself. This new girl can see into minds? Then she should see that she's doing Abel a favor and trying to find the boy. The youth minister has been on the hunt for Kwiet since the boy was taken, and Rizel owes him this favor.

"Abel Kannan is his legal guardian. Has been since the boy was born almost. Kwiet was last seen by Abel getting into a car with some lady, and the guy's so worked up over the kid's safety that he asked me to help him look for the boy. I've tried all the dives and clubs, since Abel's so worried about all the wrong people getting him, and now I'm here."

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 29th, 2003, 07:48:50 PM
"Pardon me," Wei said quietly.

"My cousin, Ansatsu had an adoptive son by that name. However, I don't know how Ansatsu managed that. My cousin's a little...strange."

Wei smiled weakly. "I kind of figured that he had kidnapped the kid. But then he said a woman named Dae Jinn had kidnapped Kwiet from him. I'd rather he'd be back with this other guy."

Wei glanced at Xazor and Marcus. "Maybe we ought to figure out where this Abel man is and check to see that he has all those legal documents that makes him the kid's guardian. It wouldn't be giving the kid to this woman, and it would be fair for Mr. Kannan."

Wei shrugged. "Please?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 30th, 2003, 06:53:01 AM
Sometimes, I truly love how straight to the point you are Xaz. Just like a true Elessar

"i have a better idea" he said, taking out his pipe and preparing to fill it. "This guardian comes here and he answers for himself. It's not easy to lie to a Jedi, after all"

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 30th, 2003, 08:38:46 AM
"That works," Wei said with a grin. "Can you get him down here?" Wei asked Rizel.

Xazor Elessar
Jun 30th, 2003, 09:07:34 AM
Xazor smiled as the words gently touched her mind. "I learned from the best!" She allowed the message to transfer through the Life Bond before turning her attention to the situation once again.

"Indeed, I think it to be a good idea if he was to come before us and speak for himself." The woman said softly, her gaze stern upon Rizel's face. "And if he is lying -- I shall know. Call it a -- sixth sense, if you will." Xazor smiled at Wei before nodding to Marcus. "Until then, the boy stays where he is."

Rizel
Jun 30th, 2003, 01:34:51 PM
"Fine," she says in a chirpy sort of tone that indicates that this is not fine at all. "When do you want him here?"

Xazor Elessar
Jun 30th, 2003, 02:12:07 PM
Xazor's eyes narrowed at Rizel and she was silent for a moment as she gathered her thoughts. "Now -- I want him here now." The Knight stated in a stern manner, the words rather biting but not entirely intentionally.

Rizel
Jun 30th, 2003, 08:05:31 PM
"Don't ask for much, do you?" Rizel snaps.

Truth be told, she doesn't know where Abel is. He's supposed to be putting up more lost kid flyers during the day, and he could be anywhere.

"I don't know where he is; he's out in the town somewhere putting up flyers to try and find that kid of his. There's a good chance I won't be able to find him at all today."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:09:31 AM
"Do you at least know what he looks like?" Wei asked.

"I'm adept at boosting my natural abilities with the Force. I can run around the area and try to find him," Wei suggested. Of course the odds that Wei would actually find this Abel guy were slim to none, but to be honest, Wei couldn't think of any better ideas.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 1st, 2003, 10:28:06 AM
Xazor held her hand up as Wei finished speaking. "We are not a lost and found service, m'lady. Truth be told, the boy is much better off where he is." She said softly but held an authoritive tone in her voice.

The woman's eyes shifted to Marcus for a moment before finding their place back on Rizel's face. "And I do not feel it appropriate to release such information to people as pushy and self-centered as yourself." She said with a smile, lowering her hand as she spoke. "It's a shame you could not do my bidding -- I suppose you will tell Mr. Kannan that you were unable to retrieve the child or any information about him. What a pity for you, yes?" She said softly, not intentionally mocking the stranger.

Abel Kannan
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:59:57 AM
Today was the day. He was sure of it. Today, something would turn up about his missing boy. Abel smiled as he put up another poster. It was a hot day today.

"I think a drink will be good. Some food too."

Abel knew the Jedi bar was nearby. Abel usually didn't go to bars, but Yoghurt's was an exception. Being full of Jedi, Abel knew the place would be a safe, clean place to have a meal.

The youth minister hurried down the streets, pushed along by the large crowd that always filled Coruscant walkways. At last he reached the doors and entered. "Food, drink and a place to rest."

Abel went to the bar and ordered two sandwitches and a glass of water. Abel bowed his head and gave a small prayer of thanks before eating.

"Rizel said she'd be checking out places like this one," he thought to himself, and looked around. The only thing that the Jedi bar had in common with other bars was the rather poor lighting. "I don't see her." Abel thought. "I have time. Maybe I'll ask around after I'm finished eating.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:03:25 AM
"But isn't keeping this kid away from his guardian a crime? Aren't we obstructing justice by keeping this kid away from this Abel person? I mean, you two could be tried for kidnapping this kid in the first place! Aren't either of you worried?" Wei asked Marcus and Xazor.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:42:34 PM
Xazor laughed slightly and smiled due to the fact that Wei really underestimated Marcus and she. Suddenly her laughing ceased and she looked at Wei with a pointed expression. "No." The answer was straight, simple, and to the point.

"He doesn't need a further explanation." The Knight spoke softy in Marcus's mind as she communicated through their Life Bond. "The child is safe where he is and until I gain enough information for myself to warrant any information to be released, than he stays where he is." She said softly but again held an authoritive tone.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:35:11 PM
"Whatever you say."

Wei walked over to the bar to get a drink and sat down next to Abel. Wei's forehead creased in thought. He didn't understand Xazor at all.

Abel Kannan
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:39:02 PM
Abel noticed Wei sit down out of the corner of his eye. Wei took a closer look and noticed that Wei seemed to be concerned about something.

"Pardon me, stranger," Abel said. "You look like there's something troubling you. Care to tell me what's on your heart and mind?"

Rizel
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:21:49 PM
"You think you're above the law because you're Jedi? You disgust me..." Rizel turns to leave, slapping Abel across the shoulder as she passes him. "Scruffy over there knows about your kid. That vampyre woman with him does too. Good luck; they're stubborn as protocol droids and have about as much personality."

She leaves him to it; this is exactly why she never used to get involved in the problems of others.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:14:28 PM
Wei watches Rizel leave in a huff. "Yeah, she's got about the same reason I do for being like this. I just don't get it. They're keeping a kid from his guardian. There's a kid missing by name of Kwiet. His guardian, Abel is looking for him, and I'm trying to get those guys to take the kid back to him. But they're suspicious and won't even bother to go look this Abel guy up to talk to him about it."

Wei heaved a sigh. "It's very distressing."

Abel Kannan
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:22:37 PM
Abel chuckled, then smiled a smile that showed all his teeth. "My God is a God that keeps his promises," he said to himself. "I'll just go have a word with them. I'm sure something can be worked out."

Abel got up and spotted Marcus and Xazor. "They don't look to be too bad a sort. Just ruffled a little."

Abel walked right over to them and held out a hand for either one to shake.

"You two must be the Jedi that Rizel mentioned. My name is Abel Kannan, I'm the director of the orphanage that Kwiet belongs to. I hear that you know where he is, and that you might be keeping him. If so, you have without a doubt become attached to him. He's a great kid, he really is."

Abel prayed for the right words to say before continuing. "As you both probably know already, I am his legal guardian. And as such, I ask that you return him to me. However," Abel paused. "However, if you would like to keep Kwiet under your custody, I'd be more than happy to allow you to adopt him."

Typhoon
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:22:53 PM
"Maybe they are protective of him and dont want him to fall into the wrong hands" said the waiter, walking past. "She has to realise, the law and doing what's right are two different things"

He walked on, balacing a tray of donuts, for it was his break time. He sat next to the claoked maniac who had bought him here, a vapid expression of delight coming over his idiotic features as he ate one of the delights on the tray.

"mmmpfh" Vash said. The expression and the idiot voice were sooooo different from the serious expression and voice he had used walking past Wei.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:14:59 AM
OOC: Wei, do not post actions for me, facial or not -- Xazor wore no livid expression on her face. She wasn't angry, just speaking to the point. That kind of stuff will ruin the mold I've shaped her to fit now. :\

IC:

Xazor looked up at the man as he spoke and she said nothing. "I do not trust him." The woman said softly in Marcus' mind. Her eyes searched Abel's and for a moment, she smiled.

"Then I'll adopt him, Mr. Kannan. I do not wish to see Kwiet fall into the wrong hands." Xazor stated rather flatly, but she was sincere.

Abel Kannan
Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:58:32 AM
"I'm glad to hear that. I know he'll be in good hands with a Jedi for a mother."

Abel fished around in his pockets and at last found his wallet. He opened it, and removed from it a business card and gave it to Xazor. "Naturally I don't have the paperwork with me, but if you call at this address, we can get started. It's nothing much, just the usual stuff. I'm required to do a background check on you, but nothing too in depth. Just to make sure you are who you say you are. And I would also need you to bring Kwiet with you, just so he can tell me whether or not he's comfortable living with you. No doubt he is by now, but all the same, I have to follow the rules."

Abel returned his billfold to his pocket. "Do you have any questions? Any at all."

Xazor Elessar
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:04:38 AM
Xazor was surprised at the man's actions as he handed her a business card. Eyeing him curiously, she shook her head and smiled to herself, though her mind was racing. "Never had I intended I picking up every child that had no home -- perhaps it is my calling." It was a funny thought, but she thought it, nonetheless.

"No, I have no questions but -- I was wondering if perhaps we might have dinner together, tonight. I wish to speak with you then."

ooc: it's okay, Wei. :)

Abel Kannan
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:24:08 AM
Abel smiled. "It's a deal. Dinner tonight. Nothing too expensive though. I don't get paid a lot. And while we are there we can talk about Kwiet, and if you would like, I'll bring the paperwork for you to sign."

Xazor Elessar
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:45:38 AM
Xazor nodded and smiled slightly. "I'll pay, it's no problem." She said softly. His mention of the paperwork made her realize how real this was -- and if she was to take Kwiet under adoption, she too would become the target of Ansatsu's childish games. Sighing, the woman smiled and pushed these thoughts aside.

"That sounds wonderful, Mr. Kannan. We'll meet about seven in Coruscant Square, okay?" She questioned, hoping he approved of the time. It would be interesting, for sure, but she hoped that her many questions would be answered tonight.

ooc: I'll send you a PM on your Abel nic so we can discuss some stuff, K? :)

Abel Kannan
Jul 4th, 2003, 09:02:14 PM
"Coruscant Square it is. I'll be there!" Abel smiled and nodded at Xazor and Marcus before. "It was good to have met you both. I need to be heading back to the church so I can get my things together. See you later!"

Abel went to the bar, paid to pay for his food. "No worries, pal. Everything is going to be just fine," he said to Wei, and then headed out the door to get things ready.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 4th, 2003, 09:04:36 PM
Wei grinned and stifled a laugh. "That guy's somthing else. He knows how to make everything all right."

Wei turned back to his drink and thought. "Ansatsu won't be happy, but he's been gone for so long, I'm not sure he'll ever come back."

Wei chuckled again. "That Abel person is something else. I ought to have lunch with him or something. He seems like a good person to know."