PDA

View Full Version : SWFans.Net financial contributions/donations and RP Group Forum payment information

TheHolo.Net
Jun 27th, 2003, 01:20:04 PM
Its been probably a little over a year since I first brought up the subject of financial contributions to SWFans.Net Forums, be they “contributions/donations’ or payments due for hosted group forums.

So let me go ahead and remind everyone that running this site is by no means free of charge for me. Now don’t get me wrong, I gladly pay to keep this site available for all but at the same time (being unemployed) find it to be difficult to do completely on my own.

Therefore let me remind everyone that donations/contributions are accepted via Paypal, just as the payments required of SWFans.Net RP Group Forums hosted here at SWFans.Net Forums are.

Contributions/donations are not required of regular members, but are appreciated and will do nothing but help keep this site running and available for all of us.

So, if you would like to make a donation, or help pay to keep your particular group forum hosted here at SWfans.Net Forums, use this button (Paypal):<center><form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" target=_blank><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"><input type="hidden" name="business" value="c_schertz@msn.com"><input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="SWFans.Net Forums Donation"><input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD"><input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0"><input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/images/x-click-but21.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
</form></center>Or visit the Portal page and find the same button there.

If you are contributing to help a group forums financial obligations please indicate which group your donation is for in the comment section of the Paypal form.

Thanks.

~SWFans.Net

TheHolo.Net
Jun 29th, 2003, 08:07:44 AM
Addition: I have been informed there isn't a comments section in the Paypal form for donations, so if anyone contributes for a RP Group forum, please PM me and let me know after you submit the Paypal form so I can see things are routed appropriately.

TheHolo.Net
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:56:10 AM
Quick challenge for everyone!!!

The Box Office Forum is as of right now beating the RP section in the number of donations, yet the RP section member count outnumbers the BO section by 100s to 1. Can the RPers not do better than the BOers? :p

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2003, 10:21:31 AM
We're all young and have no jobs! We can't beat the BO :cry

Alpha
Jul 1st, 2003, 10:28:48 AM
Exactly! I feel so ashamed!@!! :(

Strider
Jul 1st, 2003, 10:42:49 AM
Accutally most of us are cash-strapped as it is, even if we have a job. So I'm hoping that there is not an experation date on this deal like CSC was with Ezboard.

Gyon Banex
Jul 1st, 2003, 11:03:20 AM
I recently got a nice promotion, and I'm willing to pay to support a good thing. Is there a certain amount that we're trying to raise?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:04:32 PM
Pitting us against the BO Forum is soooo typical. ;)

*peeks inside checkbook ^_^;*

Dae Jinn
Jul 1st, 2003, 10:59:29 PM
I'd donate if I wasn't umemployed as well <font size=1>and didn't have a $500+ credit card bill already :uhoh</font>

imported_Natia Telcontar
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:25:40 AM
I'd donate, but all the money I have left after paying my rent has to go to bills and food. Sorry.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:47:44 PM
Originally posted by Strider
Accutally most of us are cash-strapped as it is, even if we have a job. So I'm hoping that there is not an experation date on this deal like CSC was with Ezboard. SWF isn't run by clownballons.

Also, the BO will soon be outdone. ^_______^

Verse Dawnstrider
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:49:32 PM
::gets out the cologne and sprays the BO down.::

One problem solved.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:37:46 AM
I'd be willing to donate but I lack a credit card and any access of borrowing one.

If you don't mind me sending a money order then I can probably do that.

imported_Blade Ice
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:47:42 AM
As soon as I find out if i have a job or not I'll send some money to help out. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:57:57 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
I'd be willing to donate but I lack a credit card and any access of borrowing one.

If you don't mind me sending a money order then I can probably do that. IF you need a mailing address for instances such as this just PM me and let me know and I can provide snail mail details.

Dae Jinn
Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:08:49 PM
Oh well, screw bills, I'll always be poor anyways ^_^; Thankfully it converts the money for you :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:27:25 PM
Dae, I don't recommend spending bill money on Swfans... ^_^;

Dae Jinn
Jul 3rd, 2003, 07:08:01 PM
I didn't really donate a lot :\ It's not like I'm drowning in debt (yet). :uhoh It's on my credit card, so it'll just be a couple bucks more on my next bill.

JediRaver
Jul 6th, 2003, 04:31:11 PM
I will contribute cash as soon as I win big on The Price is Right!

TheHolo.Net
Jul 8th, 2003, 12:16:54 PM
Status update:

The race for the group of posters with the highest number of donations is now tied.

BO and RP are neck and neck.

Daria Nytherciria
Jul 8th, 2003, 12:26:49 PM
Come on RP!! :D

TheHolo.Net
Jul 15th, 2003, 07:37:35 AM
Update: Still tied in a low scoring game thus far. :p

Brian
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:43:03 AM
Sorry- I'm waiting for my fund transfer from my bank account to Paypal to actually go through. It probly would've been faster just to snail mail it. :x

Oh well. At least it's all set up now.

Charley
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:45:31 AM
I'm making a pretty big handgun purchase, but after that, I'll cut some funds your way.

Telan Desaria
Jul 15th, 2003, 06:02:40 PM
I wish to donate money. Just as a public note, it will be general/Imperial Groups forum. will 50 US dollars be acceptable? Let me know and I will send the money via check to a disclosed loaction. I do not use the internet for billing. I was robbed cyberly of fifteen thousand dollars US and I do not trust any of it anymore.

TheHolo.Net
Jul 16th, 2003, 05:14:18 PM
PM sent.

Update: RP has now taken the lead from BO by 1, but the game is still a low scoring one.

TheHolo.Net
Jul 27th, 2003, 10:52:59 AM

I'm a bit disappointed.....

:(

Jarek T'chort
Jul 27th, 2003, 11:05:15 AM
Aww I just pretty much got to this great place,...I want to donate but I have exactly £0.00.

:(

Charley
Jul 27th, 2003, 08:54:13 PM
My paycheck goes in tomorrow, so let me pay for some truck maintenance and I'll cut some in your direction.