PDA

View Full Version : [expletive deleted] Silent Hill 3

Gurney Devries
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:28:32 PM
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I've been looking forward to this game since it's supposed to return to the style and atmosphere that made the first game one of my favorite PSX games ever.

Don't get wrong: SH2 was a fun little romp and had a good atmosphere on its own. But it just didn't measure up to the first game, in my opinion. The third game definitely looks like it's trying to get back to the Hellraiser-esque style that made the first game so great. Metal grating floors, gore covered fans, nightmare schools... all of this was sadly absent from SH2.

http://www.loadedinc.com/reviews/silenthill3/images.php?command=display&template=0&image=SH3screen3.jpg&descpath=/usr/home/loadedtest/public_html/reviews/silenthill3/SH3screen3.txt

I wasn't sure, at first: Could Konami really pull it off, or were they going to fall back on the game design choices they made with the last sequel? I can't say for sure yet, but this screenshot gives me lots of hope. For those familiar with SH, this scene is nearly identical the church scene early on where Harry met Dahlia. Except it's 100x more detailed now. I even hear that the opening sequence is very reminiscent of the first game.

All in all, I'm terribly excited about the next installment in one of the only good horror franchises out there.