PDA

View Full Version : Staff Annoucement: Volunteers Requested

Figrin D'an
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:08:53 AM
Over the past month or so, the staff has undertaken the task of writing a formal and current FAQ for the GJO. After putting together a rough draft, discussing it amongst the staff members, and making changes and corrections, we feel we are close to a final product that, intertwined with the main board FAQ section, will provide newbies with a solid information base on what GJO is all about and about procedures and policies. As part of the final stage of this process, we'd would like GJO members to read through the FAQ, and make suggestions on potential improvements (grammar/spelling/wordsmithing, points of policy, RP suggestions, etc.).

This is completely voluntary. If you wish to help out, your assistance is greatly appreciated. It is our hope that we can keep this thread open and active for a couple of weeks (maybe a bit longer if necessary), make any last changes/additions, then make an official annoucement.

The FAQ can be found here:

http://sw-fans.net/gjo_faq.html

(Note on points of policy: In nearly every instance, the major policies listed in the FAQ have been in place for months or years, and as such, are not up for debate or revamp. If there is a minor point of policy that you feel may have been missed or overlooked, please indicate as such in your post along with other suggestions. Keeping this in mind, please do not use this as a forum to challenge a rule that you don't like. If you are unclear about a rule or it's sphere of influence, please ask.)

Thank you in advance to those who participate. :)

James Prent
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:23:09 AM
>Q: All of this RP stuff sounds really neat, but what if I want to post about other things? Is there someplace I can do this?<

I'd put "somewhere" instead of place

Mitara Sinar
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:31:24 PM
Other questions I think should be added..

Q: Is it posible to post IC as a non Jedi in other places in the GJO Other then The Bar & Grill?

Q: Does the Post count meen anything to the GJO?

Q: What do I do if another member of the board harassing me OOC.

Just some Ideas... Re-word them if you want

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:44:16 PM

Q: Is it posible to post IC as a non Jedi in other places in the GJO Other then The Bar & Grill?

1) I think that's already been put in somewhere

2) Worthwhile adding that and a Quick "NO" and why that's the case. Noted

3) Unfortunantly, there's not much we can do about that. We can only really do soemthing if it's on the board itself. I suppose we can suggest steps, but I just dont see anything off the board being our resposibility. That's speaking as a GJO admin.

Speaking as myself, if harrassing became a OOC problem, leave a note somewhere and you'll get people posting ideas what to do in a blink. And people willing to act for you. If I found out a member of GJO was harrassing OOC, there would be two options - shape up and buy a clue or get the fuck out of here. While the admin group cant officially do anyhting.. unofficially I'm sure we will, if you know what I mean. Thence, it's not somethign the FAQ should address IMO, but it's something we are willing to help with privately, if it's an issue.

Xazor Elessar
Jul 3rd, 2003, 07:04:26 PM
Found a spelling area while skimming quick:

Q: As an iniate or padawan, am I required to remain confined to the RP forums of the GJO, or can I post in the Roleplaying and Storytelling forums on the SWFans.net board as well?

The bold word is mispelled. :)

Figrin D'an
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:16:10 AM
Originally posted by James Prent
>Q: All of this RP stuff sounds really neat, but what if I want to post about other things? Is there someplace I can do this?<

I'd put "somewhere" instead of place

Correction noted and made.

Originally posted by Xazor Elessar
Found a spelling area while skimming quick:

Q: As an iniate or padawan, am I required to remain confined to the RP forums of the GJO, or can I post in the Roleplaying and Storytelling forums on the SWFans.net board as well?

The bold word is mispelled.

Correction noted and made.

Originally posted by Mitara Sinar

The first two questions are good suggestions, the post count one particularly because "post count +" behavior is a bannable offense around here. While the Jedi Only forums are labeled as such, it wouldn't hurt to add the information into the FAQ.

The third one is, as Marcus said, difficult to handle. If it occurs on the board, it's treated under the flamming/trolling clauses, which are bannable offenses. If it occurs on IM or through email, it doesn't really fall under our jurisdiction.

However, such things can be handled in other unofficial ways, and if a GJO member is found to be harassing another, said person's stay on the board will be short lived. We actually had a case of this several months ago, in which the person harassed several board members, and even staff members, on certain IM clients. This person was banned from GJO a few hours later, and was later banned from the entire board system for similar behavior. So... these types of issues are handled... there just isn't a policy set in stone, since it's generally best to deal with them case by case.