PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots from Max Payne 2: The fall of Max Payne

ReaperFett
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:47:34 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62824

Im sure I heard that was the subtitle (Maybe just the title).

Gurney Devries
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:51:33 PM
I heard that the full name of the game will be "Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - A Film Noir Love Story". :\ Thankfully, the screenshots look pretty good so far. Hopefully, they'll actually animate his face this time. And ditch the lame jumping puzzles.

ReaperFett
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:57:50 PM
Least he doesnt look constapated constantly :)

And no dream sequences. Jeez that nearly ruined the game. Make an action game, then make them follow the blood trail? Why not just make us play Minesweeper?

Park Kraken
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:06:40 PM
Dream Sequence? Is that that one thing where I found myself in a pitch black place, following a thin line of white light, and if I didn't stay on it, I fell to my death somewhere?

Pierce Tondry
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:46:14 PM
I thought that was supposed to be blood or something. :) Thankfully, I never played the game, just watched my brother play.

Park Kraken
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:26:50 PM
I only played it breifly. The best play I made was in the level with that weird guy that was some kind of a reiligious Satan Fanatic, with people on levels above you shooting down on you, earlier in that level, I looked into a room, there were four or five people sitting at a round table in a bar playing cards. As soon as you kill those five guys, when you killed the last one, it does one of those slow scenes of the guy dying. Well, I did a slow mooo into the room, and threw a Molotov Cocktail onto the table. The scene showed all five guys being thrown away from the table, with me sloowly diving in. I've played that level many times, that is the only time I've taken all five of the guys out with one shot/throw.
Also, in the level where you are in the basement, and have a bat with low health, and there are dozens of guys toting rapid fire MGs around. I crept into the hallway, and KOed one guy with the bat. I saw no one else around, so I ran up and down the hall, hitting the walls with the bat. Then I ran back into my room, and waited for the running footsteps to stop. Then, I opened the door, and ran into the hallway, swinging the bat at anything that moved. 12 secs later, I looked around at 15-20 bad guys dead on the ground, with guns, blood, and ammo all over the place. I was like, Holy ****!!!

Charley
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:29:06 AM
YES YES YES YES :D

Finally a game I'm anticipating in earnest!

Ishan Shade
Jun 27th, 2003, 01:00:56 PM
It looks alright, really need to see some more shots or maybe a trailer before I can make a decision.

(personally im waiting for HL 2)

Makoto Neo
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:01:01 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
YES YES YES YES :D

Finally a game I'm anticipating in earnest!

~Echo~
EDIT: For those who have no clue what the "Dream Sequence" is, here's a screenshot from MP1 of it.
http://www.cloud6.com/~nupraptor/dreams.jpg

ReaperFett
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:08:28 PM
And you can even see where it cuts the end off the bloody splash!

Park Kraken
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:08:31 PM
Yep, that was it, except it was white in my game. And you could hear a baby crying in the background.

Makoto Neo
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:10:24 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
And you can even see where it cuts the end off the bloody splash!

That's your pathway, dude, fall off that and you hear his scream followed by a massive baby wail. Added to the fact that it's a bastard to jump >_<

ReaperFett
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:15:03 PM
What I mean is the splash ends on straight lines all around, wheras it'd look half decent if it looked like a real bloodsplash.

And the baby crying was annoying too.

Makoto Neo
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:22:55 PM
I agree, but in order to do that, the developers would've had to expand that certain part of the invisible walkway inorder to hold the palette. Then the player could've just walked right off the damn platforms rather than having to pinpoint jump. Although... they could've just made the splash smaller.. :|

Kelt Simoson
Jun 29th, 2003, 09:34:35 AM
Yup Payne was one of my fav games...

Loki Ahmrah
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:28:21 AM
The screenshots look very pretty. Not Half Life 2 though. :p

Peter McCoy
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:48:33 AM
I like my life whole - not 'alf! :p

Bring on the pain! Max Payne is devinitely on my to buy list. As is Half Life 2. Even if I hadn't seen that trailer, I'd buy HL2 based on the fact that the original was so bloody brilliant. And then there's Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2 for me as well :)

Morgan Evanar
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:07:19 AM
Originally posted by Peter McCoy
I like my life whole - not 'alf! :p

Bring on the pain! Max Payne is devinitely on my to buy list. As is Half Life 2. Even if I hadn't seen that trailer, I'd buy HL2 based on the fact that the original was so bloody brilliant. And then there's Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2 for me as well :) YES YES YASE! I want all of these games.

My wallet has gotten lighter in advance. I hope there is a special HL2 edition with a shirt.

Gyon Banex
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:59:46 AM
If the shirt says "I'm wearing this crappy T-shirt because I bought Half Life 2 and can't afford decent clothes" then that would be hilarious.

Peter McCoy
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:13:58 AM
A great HL t-shirt for a girl would be "I'll be waiting for you - in the test chamber!". Or maybe "Sorry...I'm on duty right now!" or "Can't this wait until after the experiment!?" :p

*Goes off to play Deus Ex*

Darth Vader
Aug 21st, 2003, 08:08:59 PM
I'm bumping this thread because I'm in love.

Kelt Simoson
Aug 30th, 2003, 01:04:22 PM
...with Diana Ross.

Sanis Prent
Aug 30th, 2003, 10:46:21 PM
You lose at funny.