PDA

View Full Version : No Place like Home (Council, open)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:01:16 PM
The grand and awe-inspiring Temple Avalon; beautiful architecture revered by all who laid their wide eyes upon it's lavished walls. From the precise engravings to the smooth floor, Avalon was a beauty to behold. It held more prestige than almost any other structure still standing. It was a definite landmark, after all, it had it's own mini-icon on most public maps sold anywhere. Those who seen it marveled at it's magnificence, and those who had been it still cherish the memories. The Temple, despite it's beauty, was much more than a timeless artifact of architecture. For a Jedi, it was a place to call home. That's where Ki-Adi Kindo finally was once more. Home; no place like it.

As he ventured down the long corridors, his pace was slow. One might mistake him for an outsider or a newcomer, but he was far from either of those. He was a Jedi Knight. He'd already endured the strenuous and non-stop life of a Jedi Padawan, and after many months of laborious training, moved up in rank. He was familiar with just about everyone there. Ki-Adi had never ceased to be an openly friendly guy, that is, if you don't count those days where stress seemed to be pouring from all corners. He had his days when he was anything but pleasant, but what Jedi didn't?

Kindo was returning from a long leave of absence. Many had wondered why departed so abruptly, and many had tried relentlessly to contact him. He'd been called to duty, and no, not the military. His birthworld, Serenno, had been in dire need of his political leadership, and he was obligated as a citizen to fulfil any responsibility he needed to, or at least that's what he kept telling himself. He did it more because of his father, rather than obligation. He knew full well how his father would do anything for however long it took to help his home get where they needed to be.

It wasn't too bad. He got the opportunity to visit with some beloved relatives, some he hadn't seen for years and years. He got to venture to some of his favorite childhood spots, places in which him and his father had always gone off to. Though he was constantly busy, he wasn't as busy, and therefore got the chance to relax a little. That, however, was now over. It was time to return to a job of endless hours, endless nights, and endless conflicts. Though the life of a Jedi was no piece of cake, there were so many friends he longed to see once more. He had to first meet with the esteemed High Council to let them know of his return.

As he drew closer to the Council room doors, he took a deep breath and gave a shrewd grin. He then made his way through the entrance and before the collaboration of Masters and Knights.

"Greetings High Council. I've returned from duty and returned immediately, just as you requested."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2003, 08:33:12 AM
“Welcome back, Ki-Adi.”

Dasquians face smiled down at the Knight from his Council seat. It was certainly a pleasant surprise to see Kindo returning today.

“Do you have anything to report from your trip?”

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:43:23 PM
"Everything back on Serenno is right where it needs to be. I made sure of that before my depature."

Ki-Adi found it almost comical that he was able to sum up months of labor into two sentences. Although he was grateful to finally return to take his place alongside his colleagues, it was very reassuring to know everything was sailing smooth back home.

AmazonBabe
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:53:28 PM
:: AB sat back and listened to Ki Adi Kindo before giving her own words of greeting. ::

That is god news, Ki Adi. And it certainly is good to have you back.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 26th, 2003, 01:36:20 PM
"I'm glad things at home are back in order."

Morgan looked a Rie... and decided to wait a little longer.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 26th, 2003, 08:20:32 PM
"I am most grateful for your warm welcome. Now is there anything specific that the Council would have me get to?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2003, 02:14:54 PM
“If you left any Padawans behind when you went on your journey I’d say they would be your first call of order.”

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 27th, 2003, 02:47:12 PM
She was happy that Kindo had returned home safely and that all was well, but then it was back to business.

"Yes, we are in need of teachers for the newest members. Helping with your old students would be most helpful."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 28th, 2003, 11:48:34 AM
"The only Padawan I left behind was taken care of and assigned another master."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:22:18 PM
“At there current time there are many who do not have Masters. As you have no apprentices, perhaps you should browse the list of those needing a tutor? ... If you are feeling ready to begin again, that is.”

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jun 28th, 2003, 01:39:02 PM
"I'm more than ready to take on a learner. I'll go down to the Recruitment Center and search the database for any Masterless apprentice immediately."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 29th, 2003, 12:03:32 PM
"Very well. Unless you have anything else to ask of the Council you are free to go.

It is good to have you back Kindo... I hope there are no troubles re acclimating yourself."

AmazonBabe
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:09:20 PM
:: AB shifted in her seat, getting the attention of some of the Council members as Kindo's meeting was coming to an end. Now was a good a time as any, having the Council members there. And what with Morgan beaming the way he was across the room from where she sat, made it difficult for her to hold her... their... announcement any further. ::

If it please the council, I...

:: She looked at Morgan and smiled. ::

...and Master Evanar have an announcement to make.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:29:50 PM
Morgan fought to keep from grinning, and instead it was a sure smile. It was like he was getting charged. His whole body tingled as he stood up. He stared into Rie's eyes, and was never surer of any moment.

"Rie and I" he took a deep breath, and his ears and cheeks took on a bit of red, "are getting married." he said a little faster than he normally would have spoken, and his accent came through more than usual, but he was excited.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:52:01 AM
Dasquian was a little taken aback, but grinned none the less.

“How wonderful… Congratulations, both of you!”

AmazonBabe
Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:24:39 PM
:: AB was grinning from ear to ear as she looked upon Morgan as he made the announcement. She hadn't been this happy and giddy in a long time, and it made her feel young again. ::

:: She looked over at Dasq, his face showing definite surprise, but also definite happiness for the both of them. ::

Thank you, Dasquian.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 3rd, 2003, 07:34:48 PM
Navaria blinked and sat quiet for a moment. There wasn't a lot that happened around the Order without her knowledge or foresight.

"Well then ..."

She looked to Rie and then Morgan with quite the smile.

"... A blessed day this is with such good news along with Kindo's return. Congratulations to you both."