PDA

View Full Version : Pay Back

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:19:14 PM
*Ogre best have been right about the location of his other Apprentice's hideout. Of course, there was no real reason why he would lie to Nathan. There was nothing to hide. Besides, Hera and Snack were already partners... somewhat. They've worked together in the past in training missions. But that's it.

This hideout, though, was well hidden and a pain to find. Ogre's coordinates were correct, considering Snack had found the planet. But where-abouts could Hera be found? A major city? More than likely, with enough going on to distract from their own dark agendas. But where?

Where indeed. Where else does one go to get information? One of the many pubs. Nathan, acting like any pale-skinned tourist, searched and searched, stopping every now and then to look around, acknowledging the many sights to behold. Of course, he was searching for the one pub that would stand out as the place.

"Why don't you just use the Force?"

There's a time and place to do that. Why give away myself when she doesn't know I'm here?

His inner voice quieted in time for Nathan to see the welcome sign, "Poseidon's Gate." Why not?

Nathan entered the bar and immediately made his way up to the bar. The barkeep had his back turned to the counter, washing some bar glasses and whistling to the tune that ran through its head.*

I'm looking for a woman named Hera, Hera Drenkast. know where I could find her?

imported_Ezra
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:51:49 PM
Working the night shift as always, Ezra was cleaning glasses. He had heard the man enter and walk up, but hadn't turned around right away.

I'm looking for a woman named Hera, Hera Drenkast. know where I could find her?

He finally turned around and looked this person up and down. He shrugged his shoulders not wanting to get into this game but it was his duty. He arched an eyebrow and answered him.

" Hera who? Look pally, what do I look like....the freakin information beurau? I got drinks if you want one, if youre lookin for women, down two blocks take a right there's a place called the "Nutcracker", can't miss it."

Ezra smirked at him.

" So what'll it be? What's your poison?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:53:06 AM
Alderaanian Ale.

*Kill him now. His insubordination is a mockery of your power.

He might be of use to us yet...

No. Kill him where he stands.

Silence...

Nate decided to sit down on the nearest bar stool. This man behind the bar obviously had no manners, as shown by his rather blunt and circuitous answer.*

Now look, bub. I'll ask you one more time. I'm looking for Hera Drenkast, a very influential woman of these parts. Where can I find her?

imported_Ezra
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:43:03 PM
Ezra slid him the glass. Same question shot out his mouth. Persistent little nerf I'll give him that. But it still wouldnt produce what he wanted.

"I told you .....bub, If you want a woman, two blocks down.....Nutcracker....Any girl there will be your Hera Whatcha-macallit for the right price."

He leaned back against the rear of the bar eyeing this "gentleman". A tight grin on his face.

Ilyarna
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:05:07 PM
After a moment, Ezra turned a little to the side, noticing the rotund woman hovering closely beside him.

He narrowed his eyes at her, questioning without words as to what she thought she was doing. But her attention was not toward the Vampyre. It was, as it ever was, on her Master.

She was waiting patiently (as much as was in her childlike capability to do) for Snack..or Nathanial K'cansce as he was now constantly correcting her to call him...to give her instruction. One foot tapped in rythm with the band that was playing over in a dimly lit corner, while the other held the weight of her ample form. Oh..how she itched to get on stage and do what she was surely created for! Dance!

Nathanial glanced at her, momentarily sparing a look for his devoted servant while he deliberated on his response to the bartender who seemed hellbent on getting himself killed this fine evening.

Looking into her Masters brooding eyes, Ilyarna tipped her congenial face toward him.

"Can I get you something Master? I know Hera..if I see her I will point her out."

Of course..Nathanial knew Hera too and himself could do this simple task, but that fact seemed lost on the eager to please dancer.

imported_Ezra
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:19:32 PM
Ezra placed a bowl of pretzles in front of the gentleman. And started to clean a glass.

"So, tell me a story. What's the deal with you? Start off with who you are so we can get past this weirdness of "I dont know you" ."

Ezra looked at the man from his task and smirked.

"Cause say I maybe know who you're talking about. Why would anyone give out info to a stranger? Especially if the person you seek is....Influencial?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 27th, 2003, 09:55:06 PM
I don't need someone to point her out, just someone to tell me where she is.

*Nathan looked over at his plump servant, then returned his dry gaze to the bartender. Stubborn punk, this kid was. He asked his question, offer to get to know each other, and then share information. Nothing was free in the galaxy anymore.

He returned the smirk, his eyes now focusing on the glass of ale in front of him. The liquid began to swirl itself, mixing with itself to produce a better, more desired taste. As it stopped, the Dark Lord took the glass in his hands, and sipped. Ah, what a taste!*

The name's Nathanial. Hera and I are... associates. She's the person who gave me this large boulder to drag around.

*Nate kept his smirk. Perhaps it would be best to be jovial. Personality could win over the information he seeks, rather than a gutting.*

imported_Ezra
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:23:54 PM
Associates?? Why the frell didn't he say so in the first place? It would'a gotten him a little less of a irritating dialog. *grinning* little less. Ezra put the glass down and held his finger up to the gentleman.

"Hold on, I think there is someone who might know your Hera. Be right back. Here, have a round on the house."

He placed another glass down and walked off through the rear door. Approaching Hera's small office he knocked and peeked in.

"Hera, an associate of your's is requesting you presence....his name is Nathanial, says you gave him that...that...huge female outside with him."

DarthHERA
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:28:09 PM
"What?"

Hera's face crinkled in a scowl.

"Who?"

She stood up as Ezra proceded to repeat himself, a little annoyed that Hera never seemed to listen to him the first time round.

Sticking her head out the door, the Faene Mistress erupted into laughter. "She's still alive??"

Glancing incredulously back to Ezra, Hera nodded for him to follow her. "You really outta see this gal dance."

imported_Ezra
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:53:51 PM
Ezra followed behind Hera shaking his head in response.

"Noooooo...I dont think so."

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 1st, 2003, 10:01:36 AM
Thanks...

*Nate took one final sip form his first glass and set it aside to cup the new, free drink in his hands. He glanced to his side to see the expression on Il's face. She wanted to dance, and she wanted to dance now. A seeable shudder ran itself across his body, just at the mere thought of the thing dancing... moving... jiggling... **shudder**

Laughter could be heard , coming from a woman's voice. Nate looked up in the direction that Erza walked off, and saw the Sith Mistress herself walking towards him. Standing up, Nate set the new glass down on the bar counter-top, and smiled. He nodded his head slightly then returned his gaze to her piercing eyes.*

Surprised to see us? >D

DarthHERA
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:26:49 PM
"Snack!"

Hera turned and gave Ezra a mock-reproving slap against his chest, "Why didnt you say it was Snack?"

The Vampyre's face crinkled in momentary confusion..Snack..?

Turning once more she clapped her fellow Sith on the shoulder, genuinely happy to see him. It had been a long time since their paths had crossed. Hera had come off a load lighter having delivered her pick-poketing entertainer into the Dark Lords possession for her sins.

"Im surprised to see you, yes. Both especially. How come you havent killed her yet?"

Hera referred to Ilyarna who had now shrunk back behind her master, hoping not to be seen yet being very unavoidably so. The Faene Mistress gave the slave a provoking poke with her finger just to see her jiggle in her haste to avoid it.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:12:36 PM
She's proved useful, actually.

*He smirked, sorta surprised that Hera was this glad to see him. She poked at il, who hurridly took cover behind 'Snack', as Hera called him*

Easily ammused? And it's Nathanial now... my real name.

DarthHERA
Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:02:18 PM
"Nathanial?" Her interest in Ilyarna forgotten.

"It will take some getting used to..But its a good name, sure enough."

She sat now, feeling easy in Snack's company.

"Why the switch? Oh, Nathanial...meet Ezra."

She introduced the Vamp and the Sith, though they had already spoken with each other earlier.

Ilyarna
Jul 3rd, 2003, 10:42:03 PM
Ilyarna shrank behind her Master, and..a small smile came to her lips as she actually got to touch him. Well, it was more just brushing against his cloak, but it was wonderful.

She was careful to avoid looking directly at the blonde - her former owner - hoping to avoid any attention at all. And she could do without the poking too.

Seeing it getting a little crowded with darksiders, the dancer shuffled down the bar further. Close enough to still hear what was being said, but far enough away as to thought to be completely excluded.

She liked Snacks new name...though the personality shifts she could do with out. But looking over at him now, her heart lifted because Nathanial had said she had been useful.

Wisely, Il resisted the urge to piroutte with gladness. She would save it for later, when she relived the moment.

imported_Ezra
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:15:52 PM
Ezra bowed his head slightly.

"Please forgive the unpleasantries of earlier, jus' doing my job after all. Too many come through looking for trouble with the boss, it's my job to weed them out."

He walked back behind the bar and poured Hera her Rum.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:16:21 AM
Understandable.

*Nate nodded at Erza. Though if he really wanted to create trouble here for Hera, Nate doubted anyone here could stop him, save Hera herself. He sat down next to Hera, loking her over and pondering over he question, "why the switch?"*

Well, answer me this: how can one spread fear across the galaxy with a name like Snack? What was I going to do, nibble on someone's arm 'til they breakdown and become my servant?

DarthHERA
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:41:00 PM
"Oh...I dont know...." Hera said to Nathanial as she took the offered drink from Ezra, "...a reputation is more fearful than a name. Snack will never mean what it used to to some people. The residents of Talasea, for instance.."

Nodding appreciatively to the Vampyre, Hera took a seat, and relaxed into it.

"Still...Nathanial K'cansce has a strong sound to it."

A grin began to slowly form on Heras face as she noticed the rotund slave peering in open curiosity at Ezra's pale skin.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 16th, 2003, 01:36:16 PM
A strong sound to compliment a strong and able warrior.

*Nate added, not hiding the fact that he knew his own power and reputation. He finished off his free drink and sat the glass on the bar-counter.*

Talasea....

*The memory of Ogre's training exercise that included Hera and himself, as well as Phantom and the Hobgoblin, filled his mind. So much destruction, so much fun...*

I haven't done anything on the scale of that attack in quite some time. Never seemed to have the time to do something like that.... It was certainly a fun endeavor...

DarthHERA
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:54:42 PM
She nodded her agreement. The memory of such destruction was one that never dimmed.

"And now, here we are. With agendas of our own, for better or worse."

She lifted her shrewd gaze to meet Nate's eyes.

"What brings you here, Nathanial?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 22nd, 2003, 10:30:37 AM
Oh, you konw...

*He smirked*

Just wanted to see the look on your face when you saw Il.

*His smirk turned into a smile.*

Actually, as full-filling as that was, I wanted to pay you back... though I'm not quite sure how.

DarthHERA
Jul 25th, 2003, 04:48:25 PM
"Pay me back..?"

Her eyes slid momentarily over to Ilyarna and then back to Nate, a lopsided grin on her face.

"......Im not too sure how to take that. Is that a good thing you're saying..?"