PDA

View Full Version : Silent sentinel

Ahron Harresh
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:07:57 PM
What is the word people would use in this situation? Wierd, he thinks it is, but Ahron's not entirely certain that his behavior counts as being very strange at all. He's only standing there minding his own business, halberd nestled against his shoulder and in the crook of his elbow. Apparently there's something strange about this, as people keep pointing and snickering at him.

Maybe its because he's nearly eight feet tall, or that his armor makes his body appear to be much too wide for his head. In any case, Ahron Harresh pays it no mind, and continues to stare straight ahead, unblinking, silent as a dead man. Maybe they think he's dead? He hasn't moved or blinked in an hour or so...

DarthHERA
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:32:09 PM
People were looking at Ahron weird. And that was saying something given the kind of clientel that frequented Poseidon's Gate. A motley assortment of individuals as one would ever hope to meet were idling away the hours in ale and whiskey and the odd game of sabaac or cards. Ahron would have just been one of any of them, had he not been doing his best impression of a lamp post for the past hour. It was kind of making the patrons nervous..and not a little twitchy.

Low speculative whispers and shifty glances were being directed more and more frequently in his direction.

From behind him, though, came a voice that disrupted and penetrated the general hum of bar noise, and was quite bold if not rude.

"Hey, pal - you wanna move outta my way?"

Hera had entered the bar, and Ahron, as luck would have it, was standing blocking the pathway to her office.

"Now"

The impatient addendem prodded the halberk bearer to turn.

Ahron Harresh
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:13:59 PM
Ahron blinks at her a full five seconds after her prodding, belatedly noticing the woman and shuffling sideways. This draws mock gasps from around the bar; he can move, it's a frikkin' miracle!

Still this goes seemingly unnoticed by him as he attempts a small, apologetic bow. His mouth quivers slightly as he rises, and the people nearby glance at him again as he makes a low, gravelly sort of humming sound.

DarthHERA
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:24:45 PM
Hera looked Ahron up and down, her gaze finally settling on his head towering some way above her.

"You say something?"

Ahron Harresh
Jul 1st, 2003, 10:43:05 AM
"...'m sorry. I was only waiting for the owner..."

Ahron scratches the back of his head.

"Need a job...was told the owner could recommend one or give one..."

DarthHERA
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:18:51 PM
"What kind of job? Changing lightbulbs?" She gestured as to his height, the proximity to the roof. Hera grinned at her joke, but Ahron seemed not to get it. Or didnt think it was funny. Hera scowled, consoling herself that she really shouldn't try to be funny..

"Ok, lets try this again. What kind of job in particular you looking for?"

Ahron Harresh
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:08:35 PM
"I can change lightbulbs," he mumbles. "I can clean this place as a janitor, and offer services as a bouncer if you should need one..."

DarthHERA
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:59:36 PM
Tilting her head to look up at him, Hera searched his face to see if he was kidding..

A man like this would be wasted with such menial things as light changes and janitorial work.

She thought a moment, and then gestured with her hand for Ahron to sit at the booth beside them.

She slid in across from him.

In her usual forthright manner, she began to pepper him with questions while the barman, unbidden, brought them both a thick black ale with a two-inch foamy head on it.

"Where you from?"

She took a hearty sip, and then spoke again before receiving his answer.

"And whats your name, what do you do?"

Ahron Harresh
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:29:23 AM
"...'m from th' Outer Rim," he says, staring blankly at the mug before him as if he were having a hard time saying so much at once. "Name is Ahron...Ahron Harresh, 'n I'm a jack-o'-all-trades...I worked on m'ship 'til it was blown up, an' I've been a bodyguard a coupl'a times...I tried barkeepin' once, but I can't mix drinks ver' well..."

DarthHERA
Jul 4th, 2003, 09:44:08 PM
She watched him as he spoke. He seemed a little awkward in manner, but that could just be her. Hera wasnt the easiest person to converse with, but Ahron was clear and straight forward enough in his answer.

"Ahron" she nodded, "My name's Hera DrenKast"

She pushed her glass to the side of the table, and folded her hands to rest lightly on the table in front of her.

"I own this bar, and I have a very good barkeep. But I could use an extra pair of hands with cargo etc...Coming from the Outer Rim, I take it you know what I mean when I refer to cargo, correct?"

Ahron Harresh
Jul 5th, 2003, 10:24:09 AM
"Yeah...'s where all m'bodyguard jobs where frum. Had to pr'tect the people shippin' 's well as th' cargo."

DarthHERA
Jul 5th, 2003, 10:39:37 PM
She nodded slowly.

"So...you be interested in doing that type of work again?"

Ahron Harresh
Jul 6th, 2003, 04:20:15 PM
"If ya need me t'do it, I'll do it. 'M not at all picky 'bout work."

He smiles wryly.

"Hell, if'n ya need me to, I'll steal from cruise ships an' assassinate senat'rs. I'm not above nuthin'."

DarthHERA
Jul 6th, 2003, 11:32:59 PM
"Assassinating Senators" brought a wicked smile to her face. Something she herself was pretty adept at.

"How do you feel about working with Sith? You realise I am a Sith, as are quite a few of my crew."

Ahron Harresh
Jul 7th, 2003, 01:19:42 PM
"Sure, I'll cooperate with Sith. Y're no dif'rent than anyone else tha's ever given me a job."

DarthHERA
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:52:33 PM
A grim smile came into Hera's eyes at Ahrons last comment.

".....That remains to be seen..

I will be running a sortie on a cargo supply route in a few days...You can come with me and show me what Im getting.

How does that sound?"

Ahron Harresh
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:14:18 PM
"It works," he mumbles. "Where'm I gonna stay 'til then? I don' got a place 'round here yet. I need more money t'pay rent."

DarthHERA
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:56:43 PM
"ShadowFaene Contractors stay on Base. It makes it easier to be contacted by potential hires, and keeps everyone with opportunity for work.

Plus we will need you to help with the general grunt work of inventory loading etc.

Part of being employed by SFF is your room and board, so to speak.

Got any other questions?"

DarthHERA
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:57:08 PM
ooc: please check the Hydras Lair, thanks