Name: Prototype I-8 Foxbat

Class: Fighter-Bomber

Type/Model: Atmospheric Fighter

Dimensions: Length: 4 Meters
Width: Fuselage: 1 Meter
Wingspan: 5 Meters
Height: 1 Meter
Armament:
2xLight Laser Cannons (mounted on the nose forward of the cockpit)
2xRacks for Missles, and Bombs (2 racks under rear fuselage, able to carry combined 4 missiles, or 2 bombs, or 1 Heavy Laser Cannon)

Defenses:
The bottom portion of the hull is 2 inches thick, with the areas around the engine, and cockpit compartments is 3 inches thick.

Consumables:
Enough supplies are packed into a small compartment below the cockpit to last the pilot for five days in case of emergency.

Engines/Driveplant:
The I-8 uses the same Engines and Driveplant as does the I-7 Howlrunner.

Hull Rating:
The hull is suitable for atmospheric conditions, and can absorb small amounts of damage, except in the lower portion of the hull, which can absorb moderate damage.

Shield Rating:
Very low, maybe being able to absorb three or four hits from a laser cannon.

Compliments:
Land: None
Space: None

Crew: 1 Pilot

Passenger/Troop Capacity:
None

Design Specifications: The I-8 is designed as a easily built and deployable atmospheric fighter for atmospheric dogfights, and artillery support.

Observer/Command version:
The Observe/Command version is similar to the original model, except all armament has been removed and in it's place has been installed equipment. The racks under the fuselage have been replaced by high powerrepulsorlifts allowing the fighter to hover high over the battlefield for long periods of time if need be. Equipment in the nose includes the latest models of communications gear, rangefinders, laser designators, and a friend/foe Interface.

Telan Desaria
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:33:23 PM
Is this weapon specifically designed for Army support?

If so, would you

- Add in a Command variant, one with only light weapons and be used by an artillery observer or sector commander to control a battle out of the combat area.

- Reduce the schematics for weapons. For such a small fighter, it should pack just a little less.

I would advise reducing speed and adding aror to the undercarrige, for as an Army support vehcile, all of the counter-fire will be ground-oriented.