PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snake

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:16:08 AM
A Classic Remake, for the GC. I looking forward to it, anyone else?

Ah, Gamecube, so far the best system with the remakes.
First RE, then all those Sega Games (All 3 or 4) and now MGS.
Life is sweet for the GC owner.

Then on the flip side, owning a PS2 is also great.
MGS3: Snake Eater
So far looks awesome
None of that VR Crap. And I really looking forward to seeing how the storyline from MGS2 Plays out.

Shadow Hunter
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:58:10 AM
Did you see the E3 trailer for MGS3? my friend downloaded it from some site and it is verrrrry sweet. He has to freakin eat raw fish to survive...

Ace McCloud
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:20:48 AM
cant wait, I'm a HUGE MGS fan. However I was not that impressed by MGS2 and extremely disappointed in Substance for Xbox. Konami said there was gonna be alot more in it than there really was, but then again Konami is the king of deception. Overall that game was just lazy.

Nadorj
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:35:43 PM
It was one of my favorite games. Also I am the one with the MGS3 trailer. It is really sweet...bad quality but cool video. The game will be awesome. Also I cant wait for galaxies.

I love you

Frank

Charley
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:25:22 PM
I hate MGS sequels like I hate theoretical penis-eating bacteria. The games fall into the category of TFJware*

* = Too frelling Japanese

Milivikal k'Vik
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:27:52 PM
They should have stopped with one. Two is stupid chatty overly japanese pro environment anti smartness BS. Also, Raiden is weak.

I swear, this forum collects more mindless fanboys than almost any other one.

Vhiran Crescent
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:02:22 PM
::Slashes Charley and Mil into tiny tiny pieces:: =P

Vhiran Crescent
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:03:09 PM
raiden is a weakling :blank: (Cant say that here..... O_O)

Charley
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:40:53 PM
Originally posted by Vhiran Crescent
::Slashes Charley and Mil into tiny tiny pieces:: =P

Playing crappy PS2 sequels has warped your perception of reality.

Gurney Devries
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:51:53 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the remake of the original MGS. It's being done by Silicon Knights - creators of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and Eternal Darkness. Hoorah.

Ace McCloud
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:54:41 PM
Well ok, I admit that MGS1 was THE best game. BUT MGS2 is a MGS game non the less and I am a huge fan of snake. Raiden was......well what i said before, i cant say it =P

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:16:36 AM
That what I saying Gunery. I seen the images for the remake, and I was like "OooOOoo, MGS you will rock my World"

And MGS3 has the return of Snake as the main charachter I believe. Unless it going to do what 2 did, allow you to play the first level as snake and then switch it.

OBTW who ya calling a fanboy? I been around here a good long time, cause I am a Star Wars Fanboy.

Nadorj
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:26:26 AM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm
And MGS3 has the return of Snake as the main charachter I believe. Unless it going to do what 2 did, allow you to play the first level as snake and then switch it.

OBTW who ya calling a fanboy? I been around here a good long time, cause I am a Star Wars Fanboy.

Yes snake is the main Character. Oh and Star Wars Fanboys all the way!

Gurney Devries
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:30:39 PM
And MGS3 has the return of Snake as the main charachter I believeDon't be so sure of that. All of the screenshots and movies they've shown so far hint at the character you play as being Big Boss himself - the man Snake is a clone of. Notice that the game takes place in the 60's; Snake wouldn't be that old. The character in the screeenshots only has one eye, like Big Boss. Plus, there was some hubub about how Hideo Kojima explained that the Japanese pamphlet for the game has "Big Boss" written all over it, or something like that.

"Snake Eater", however, has to be the dumbest name for a game I've ever heard of. Even worse than "Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne".

Nadorj
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:53:23 PM
Thanks for the info Gurney. I hade no idea it could be Big Boss. I never thought about it. It is a dumb name but is that gonna stop you from playing it?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 26th, 2003, 03:20:22 AM
Well, still... It technically is Snake. Thanks for the Info dude. Still looks sweet.

But this is what I'm going to guess. The with Snake Senior dead by death with katana in Washington, Liquid running around in Ocs body, Raiden be a pansy, and Solid running around after liquid, this could be a way they play the WW2 stuff off (If it is WW2)
The Sampling of blood of Snake Senior proberly took place some time after those mission, the same blood used to clone Snake And our boy, MGS Snake is proberly reliving them.
He is having flash backs of what was.
That would explain that.

On a side note, my MGS Wishlist:
Being able to pilot and fight in a Metal Gear.
Like lets say you track Liquid to an old MG Testing site for Ray.
You find an old MG Rex, used to run electronic tests on. THEN YOU FIGHT!!! You pilot the old Rex and kick Liquid and Ray's <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>. Now that would be awesome.

Zeke
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:48:50 PM
Originally posted by Gurney Devries
"Snake Eater", however, has to be the dumbest name for a game I've ever heard of. Even worse than "Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne".

I might be wrong about this, but I believe "Snake Eater" is a nickname for Army Rangers, and I'm also pretty sure that Big Boss used to be an Army Ranger. So it makes alot o' sense.

imported_Kanji
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:00:20 PM
Originally posted by Zeke
I might be wrong about this, but I believe "Snake Eater" is a nickname for Army Rangers, and I'm also pretty sure that Big Boss used to be an Army Ranger. So it makes alot o' sense.
"Snake Eater" actually has root in the emblem of the Army Special Forces. (Green Berets) It's the slang term used to refer to Army SOF forces.
Acronym;
S Soldier support is the #1 priority.
N Never say, "it can't be done."
A Accept risk, and allow soldiers to make mistakes.
K Know your soldiers' problems.
E Exact high standards and lead by example.

E Earn your keep - use initiative.
A Acknowledge good deeds publicly; discipline privately.
T Training is not only everything - it is the only thing.
E Encourage employer and family interest and involvement.
R Respect all soldiers, regardless of their rank.

Zeke
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:07:26 PM
Knew it was somethin' like that. Thanks for the correction, Kanji. :)

Nadorj
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:46:10 PM
wow Kanji. How did you know all that? Do you know someone in the army rangers or did you look it up or what? Well its interesting anyway. Thanks for the info!

imported_Kanji
Jul 3rd, 2003, 07:11:43 AM
Pats his notebook of many useful nit-bits.

:D

Charley
Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:04:02 AM
This only makes me hate the game more, that they are willing to steal from the Rangers in order to glut their horrible Japanese money-eating monster.

Garrett Blade
Jul 6th, 2003, 11:18:22 AM
Well I'm thoroughly ooking forward to Snake Eater. I'll be borrowing my friend PS2 along with the game onc he's finished it. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best game on Playstation/PS2 (I'm allowed to say that since Resident Evil 2 is on PC now! :p)

Sylos'delka
Jul 6th, 2003, 04:01:14 PM
This only makes me hate the game more, that they are willing to steal from the Rangers in order to glut their horrible Japanese money-eating monster.

That Monster manages to keep me entertained. So If I must continue sacraficing female virgins to the great Japanese Game Industry to have them continue production of games like MGS, then so be it.

Alpha
Jul 7th, 2003, 08:39:59 PM
:lol.