PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations ?

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:41:09 AM
I've been estranged from the world of gaming for a few years now and I think it's about time I crawled back. So, any suggestions for what I should be playing (on the PC, that is) ? I'm fine with anything apart from games that fall into the following categories (there are a few others but I can't remember them right now):
racing/flight sims/etc.
sports
strategy

Or in other words, anything that doesn't require me to use my already nonfunctional brain. ^__^ Tank yous!

Morgan Evanar
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:14:21 PM
Half Life, Thief 1 and 2, and, if you wish to wet your panties: System Shock 2.

For mindless deathmatch action: Unreal Tournament and its successor which I don't think will run on your PC (new vidcard, Tajagirl) UT 2003.

There is always Quake and its bazillion mods =]

Oh, Soul Reaver 1/2.

P.is.s is censored?!

Shadow Hunter
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:56:22 PM
Day of Defeat(For online gaming), Enter The Matrix, Max Payne, any Tom Clancy game.

Peter McCoy
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:09:17 PM
Max Payne's great as the storyline is really gritty and the narration's cool (plus Bullet time gives it an edge on other games). I recommend "Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption" - vampires and werewolves and ghouls and undead nasties in both Medieval Prague, Vienna and modern day London and new York. Very cool game. Pity the second half wasn't as good as the first - it seemed rushed, but well worth a play-through.

Thief's got a great atmosphere. The sequel's better in that it highlights the fact that you're a thief - not an Undead slayer like Van Helsing! I just skip the undea dlevels on the original game - boring in my opinion.

Soul Reavers quite cool. Didn't know it wa son PC though!

Yeah, I agree with Morgan - System Shock 2 is brilliant for atmosphere. Another good RP/shooter is Deus Ex - another gritty world like in Max Payne. I want those games back! :(

Or you could wait until I have my studio and make my Marilyn Manson game :) I've got a great concept, just no way of producing it yet! But I shall prevail. First, the world of ROCK! Second - the world of FILM! Third, the world of GAMES! That's the plan :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:37:18 PM
Depends on what type of games. If you want a game you can just jump into from time to time, I say WarCraft III or Pacman (Classic!)

Salem Ave
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:35:36 AM
"Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption"

I had great fun with that one, with all the Disciplines :D

Peter McCoy
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:10:51 AM
I think the story was good too - characters were great. I loved Pink's cockney accent and attitude. When you resurrect him he said "I'm back uuup...and someone's gonna die!".

Verse Dawnstrider
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:46:31 PM
I Like Neverwinter Nights myself.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:36:34 PM
Taja has a TNT2 M64 :p

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:59:24 AM
You make it sound like it's such a bad thing. :|

Okay, what video card do you suggest then, hrm ?

Morgan Evanar
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:02:25 PM
Radeon 9500 Pro or faster. :D

Figrin D'an
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:18:42 PM
9500 Pro is a good choice... great performance that won't break the bank.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:37:58 AM
Something tells me I won't find it here. :\

Figrin D'an
Jun 28th, 2003, 02:36:13 PM
Order it online... it'll be cheaper that way, too.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jun 28th, 2003, 03:01:52 PM
Will get stolen by the postal people here. It's hopeless. I am forever doomy-doomed. Sing no sad songs. Blahblah. Blah. Yeah.

:cry

Figrin D'an
Jun 28th, 2003, 03:52:48 PM
What about UPS or FedEx? They deliver pretty much anywhere in the world, and are infinitely more reliable than most governemt postal services.