PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Combat

Park Kraken
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:27:06 PM
Who all is willing to participate in a HUGE Fleet battle? Something along the lines of the Camaas thing, with many different goverments sending their warfleets to clash. As for the reason, I'm thinking of something along the lines of Grand Admiral Thrawn resurfacing. I know, it's been done, but let's say it's not a rumor, that the clone in the Hand of Thrawn survived the flood, and he has resurfaced. The Chiss, Imperials, and a few others try to protect Thrawn, while a whole bunch of others try to kill. Like the battle of Bothawiu, there will be a nasty suprise waiting for the survivors. Will they be able to rally? And defeat the deep, dark threat?

Pierce Tondry
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:25:32 AM
It's a nice idea, but I think the concept needs some reworking in order to make it feasable.

Telan Desaria and Taylor Millard are both fleet RPers for the Imperials, and Lion 'El Johnson is the only fleet RPer for the Republic I can name offhand. And, of course, there's the Cizerack, too. Now IF you could come up with something that interested those parties, they might be willing to make a go of it. I don't believe a clone of Thrawn will be quite enough to pull it off, though. And I'm not certain a superweapon of the usual caliber would, either.

What I would suggest for a plot off the top of my head is a vast databank from some alien race with apparently unusual technology to be found somewhere, and then people have to fight over it.

Anyways, that's my take on things. I hope that helps.

Taylor Millard
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:30:59 AM
This entire, 'Thrawn returns' has been done multiple times. In fact there all ready is a Grand Admiral Thrawn on the boards (he's just missing in the Unknown Regions right now).

Doing a massive fleet battle isn't too bad of an idea; it'd just need some coordination and plot to it.

But the 'Return of Thrawn' is something overused, imo.

Park Kraken
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:34:33 PM
Well, that is why I posted my idea. So everyone can help me reshape it into a feasible scenario. About the vast databank of technology, I think that everyone fighting over it would be possible, but at the same time, there are those who would probaly want to either destroy it so no one can have it, and/or preserve it, and leave it alone. Databanks that come to mind are:
The Hand of Thrawn: (Vast sources, and maps of the unknown regions)
Obroa-Skai: Something just popped up that no one saw before, etc.
Bastion: Someone has hacked into the Ultra Top Secret Files of the Emporer, and discovered many prototype weapons, armour, etc.

Telan Desaria
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:32:37 PM
I say we slaughter each other over Coruscant this time.

But whatever. I am up for anything. Only Lion (And TIE) rp with us anymore.

Park Kraken
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:18:39 PM
But in what timeline should the Fleet Battle be? Should it be 50 years after Endor like the groups, or 25 years, or 10 years?

Taylor Millard
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:30:08 PM
Well most people like to keep their threads with current SWFans timeline.

However, there's nothing wrong about going back and doing threads, just make sure you say "This is 15 years int he past or future" or whatnot.

Park Kraken
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:50:06 PM
mmmkay, so I will keep it in the modern timeline. Who is the current owner of Coruscant?

Taylor Millard
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:57:16 PM
That would be the New Republic.

The Empire is fragmented and carving up their own little fiefdoms (which you should know...I've seen you at the Imperial Board)...the Sith Order has Corellia and a few other planets...etc etc etc

Telan Desaria
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:32:57 PM
Bo-yahhhhh

I control Corellian ship production!!!! Vive le-Sovereignty!

Park Kraken
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:39:17 PM
Okay, Space Battle above Coruscant for Coruscant. Now, who all should be involved? NR of course, a few people who want to defend NR, Imperials, a few goverments who want to help Imperials, plus a deep dark threat. I was thinking, like the Bothawui battle for the Hand of Thrawn duology, a third player comes in after the two sides whittle down everyone, and try to finish them off, and take Coruscant for themselves. I think there is only one really good candidate for this. Are you all thinking of the same race?

Taylor Millard
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:57:28 PM
Coruscant, right now, is untakeable.

It's a long story and you should ask another mod who knows more than I about why.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:13:30 PM
Viscera gave up Coruscant and it was declared a "free for play" area - meaning, like Tattooine, no one owns it, no one has exclusive planet rights and no one is going to. It is simply the NR capitial and it's open for people to roleplay on it, not take it over.

Tattooine at the beginning of this board was a place everyone did roleplay setting on and it was agreed that, for the sake of openness and roleplay freedom, it could not be possessed and controlled. It worked very well. AFAIK, that is now the same with Coruscant - it is an open area.

Park Kraken
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:09:04 PM
Okay, it won't be invaded. How are we going to go about this? A Station containing information, or a weapon of some kind in orbit around Coruscant?