PDA

View Full Version : New Research Proposals

Park Kraken
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:59:50 PM
In time I will submit about 10 or so new proposals for various items to be developed. Not all will be ships. I am planning:

2 Landing Craft
3 Ships
1 War Droid
1 Assault Walker
1 Starfighter
2 Inter-Galatic Mobile Space Weapons Platforms

As Liasion between the Federacy, and Soveriegnty, is there anything I should know before I commence submitting the items for research?

Telan Desaria
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:20:38 PM
No. Design away. I will post whether they have been approved or not.

Park Kraken
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:03:32 PM
BTW, how do I upload images for the designs?

Telan Desaria
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:06:53 PM
I wish I knew. I either have to email them to people or post them as attachments, but they are limited to what, 52KB?

Park Kraken
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:52:52 PM
I don't know, but what I probaly could do for each new signature is alter my signature to include the pic of the new design.

Park Kraken
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:55:59 PM
Anyways, I am going to start work on the Mobile Space/Siege weapons now. They are the ones that I have been giving the most thought to. The Assault Walker is one that I am going to slowly develop that is specially suited to Urban combat. For the Seige weapons, one was a weapon that would be designed to quickly knock out Golan Defense Platforms, and the latter a high precision weapon to assist ground troops who need a large concentration of firepower on a small area.

Telan Desaria
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:30:28 PM
You may concentrate your talents, elsewhere than siege. The Broadsword-class Monitor is for that.

BTW - what do you think of her?

I have an idea as well. I am going to appoint you to the post of Commander, Imperial Department of Military Research.

Here is something I want you to do. Assume this post, IC, and begin your designing. You will receive my permission to create and test all of your designs on the planet below, Hilari, which has begun to rebel against Imperial rule. take your time, have some fun with it, and develop your character. Eventually subdue the uprising which can be made for whatever reasons you chose, but this will not only be to introduce your character but to give us some IC contact. I will be dropping by periodically to intervene. Admiral's perogative.

Remember this - not everything has to be revealed in your first post. Add flavor, historical facts about your character and ships, NPCs, descriptions, smells, sights. Make your reader believe he is actually standing in your cadre, seeing the panorama around you as you watch a new turbolaser blast descend towards a planet and raze a village. For example

Boring.

The turbolasers fired.

Interesting:

From the port flank of the ship cascaded a brief salvo of green energy, each barrel recoiling as the blasts departed their birthplaces. In the span of miliseconds they pierced the atmopshere and could be viewed no more. What one could not see but imagine was the carnage ensuing below.

Get it?

You have great potential. I would recommend creating a webpage and putting them on there so you are not limited. I do not know how to do that, but It has been done. Your R and D predecessor, Commodore Lash, did it and well.

You will be posted to the VSD (pick an evil name) which is sent to Hilari. The ship is completely devoted to the IDMR save for weapons and command/control crew. You have a small manufacturing plant on board for producing small arms and ground vehciles. For space, you request they be produced, and later a prototype arrives from Corellia (after an IC span of time). Remember, we now control production on Corellia, so don't feel afriad to travel!

Teleran Balades
Jun 27th, 2003, 12:09:15 PM
If possible i am interested in assisting Admiral Kracken in R and D department. I have a few ideas myself. The upgrade to the Lancer Frigate is one of them.

Park Kraken
Jun 27th, 2003, 03:48:31 PM
Thanks for the posting, Admiral Desaria. Teleran, as far as I know, it is ok, but make sure you read the R&D Guidelines in the declassified research section before you commence research if you haven't done so already.

Telan Desaria
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:00:29 PM
Those guidelines are a list of required stats. Add more...flavor to yours. Add drawbacks, production flops, trial and error, things like that.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Jul 17th, 2003, 02:20:02 PM
Im glad to see RandD is still going strong in the Sovereignty

Park Kraken
Jul 17th, 2003, 02:22:28 PM
Hello, who might you be?

Jul 17th, 2003, 02:29:57 PM
I am an old Friend Of the Grand Admiral's.
I have been away in the Unknown Regions for much too Long i Beleave it is finally time i made my presance known in Known Space once again.

Jarek T'chort
Jul 17th, 2003, 03:30:20 PM
Welcome back sir, just in time for our offensive.

Telan Desaria
Jul 17th, 2003, 04:50:41 PM
Vice Admiral Lash is one of my most trusted subordinates. He too had to work through the process of learning to expand one-line posts into multiparagraph entries.

Park Kraken
Jul 17th, 2003, 05:53:09 PM
Huh, I remember what learning that was like with Sevon, although I still do it on occasion.

Jul 17th, 2003, 11:55:52 PM
I still do when it is appropriate.
Ill be here if you need anything special Grand Admiral. Just let me know. As of now I am Still in the unknown regions but I have been watching with intrest. I will be in touch soon.

Park Kraken
Jul 18th, 2003, 08:57:00 PM
Hey, do you think you could sign a non-aggression treaty with my other newly formed group, the H.E.F.?