PDA

View Full Version : Coruscant Watch Recruitment Office

Sergeant Dirka Burckharf
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:39:53 PM
The Watch building was quiet, too quiet. It was an off-day for most of the day shift, who were stationed elsewhere on a training exercise. The only ones who had been left behind had been given the tiresome task of manning the recruitment desk, an ordeal Sergeant Dirka Burckharf had endured only once before and come out of with a charge for assault on a fellow officer.

Right now she was sat at the main desk, staring at the closed door in front of her – which read ‘TNEMTIURCER’ - daring it to open. There was a cup of coffee in front of her, though it hadn’t been touched and had gone cold about an hour ago. The only noise in the room was the repeated ticking of the clock and the irritating flicking of the pen she held hitting against the polished wood desk. She cleared her throat and continued trying to bore holes into the door, jaw tightening as she heard footsteps approaching.

Radzyn Boomtown
Jun 22nd, 2003, 01:40:24 PM
He had been looking for a job for several days now, had gotten an offer from a small business who's pay wouldve landed him right into the slums. He had enough to pay for his cozy little place for a little while longer and kept pounding the asphalt searching. It was today that he heard the talk from some street corner about the Corscant Watch recruiting for the force, so he figured "why not" and headed for the recruiting station. He had just entered the huge building and inquired where he needed to go, after being pointed in the right direction he stepped up to the door with the big words "RECRUITMENT" painted on the frosted glass. Slowly opening the door, he steps into the office. Looks around and see's what looks to be the recruiting officer. He smiles at the woman and runs a hand through his hair as he approaches her desk. With a casual lift of the arm, he offers a small wave of the hand.

"Hi, word was out that the force was recruiting, and I came by to sign up. Is there an app I have to fill out? Or is this a verbal thing."

He asked as he slipped his hands into his jacket pockets and waited for her response.

Sergeant Dirka Burckharf
Jun 22nd, 2003, 01:45:20 PM
“Both. Have a seat.”

She nodded to the seat on the opposite side of the desk and for another short while didn’t bother to look up or even stop tapping the pen. When she finally did the hard expression on her face smoothed over into a composed thin smile, which didn’t seem entirely sincere.

“What’s your name and why’re you interested in becoming a part of our elite,” she cleared her throat, “team of officers.”

Mikhail
Jun 22nd, 2003, 01:47:50 PM
-Mikhail strolled along the street, he stopped outside the building. He cross-checked what was written on the plaque at the front door and the torn-off piece of nwespaper in his hand.

He swung open the doors and began to climb the stairs to the recruitment office.-

Deric Rion
Jun 22nd, 2003, 02:39:23 PM
Getting out of the speeder-cab, he held the single, black duffle bag at his side. He threw a few credits back into the seat for the cabby--no tip--and made his way to the front steps. It was a large building but pretty utilitarian from the outside. Good. No fluff.

So this is Coruscant? he thought to himself. Ain't much different than home. Pushing his way through the double doors of the main lobby, his shoulder ran into another officer who was on his way out. The officer turned--Deric didn't--and looked for a pleasantry. Deric didn't hand out pleasantries. He continued.

RECRUITMENT

Looks like the place. He pushed through the door and found himself before a desk. A woman--who was quite attractive, he added mentaly--sat behind a big desk where two others sat before her. They looked like they were talking something over. Good timing, he thought.

"Detective Rion," he split the two who were seated and extended his hand to the woman across the desk. Interrupting was his specialty. She was a seargant--said on the tag beside her. "I'm here in reguards to the recent job openings." His voice was gruff and his tone short. He was a 4-year vet from Bin Prime, Balmorra--a soldier before joining the civil patrol--and had heard that Coruscant was much more interesting. He hoped so.

Radzyn Boomtown
Jun 22nd, 2003, 02:45:14 PM
He sat down and got comfortable, then cleared his throat and nodded as she asked her questions.

"Name's Radzyn Boomtown, and I'd like to join your ranks to protect and serve......and also to be honest with you, have some kind of work that doesn't land you in the slum areas. I'd like to do something positive for once, something on the right side of the road."

Sergeant Dirka Burckharf
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:47:13 AM
She nodded quickly at the mans words before holding up a hand and muttering something like ‘excuse me a moment’. Looking up away from the man she was currently speaking to ‘Detective Rion’. She deeply disliked rudeness (in other people) and frowned very slightly up at him.

“Mr Rion - if you’d be so kind as to have a seat with that other gentleman over there, you’ll find some pens and application forms on the table just by the chair. Fill them in.”

The papers were all basic stuff – name, age, past, criminal convictions, references for past jobs. They would cover most of the things that could be dealt with in the verbal interview, but it was always best to size up a recruit yourself instead of just going on what was written on paper.

“Now then, Mr Boomtown – protect and serve, very good. Do you have any prior experience in the police force, or work similar to it, which will be of benefit to you?”

Radzyn Boomtown
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:46:52 AM
He nodded as she excused herself and watched as she dispatched the outspoken and physically huge detective. Radz watched as the man walked to the said chair, and turned back to catch her next question and reply.

"As of experience in the police force, unfortunately no. I did however hold jobs that required the skill for weapon use as well as security, I was trained in small arms and self defense. Not your respectable places mind you, but thats why I mentioned about finally doing something on the "right" side of the road. No more working for shady people."

He intertwined his fingers as his arms rested on his knees and waited for the next question.

Sergeant Dirka Burckharf
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:55:57 AM
She paused for a moment and simply stared at him before pulling one of the application sheets that was in front of her and scribbling something down on it – there was no harm in filling this man’s in whilst he was being interviewed.

“You’ll be retrained, of course, so that you’re fighting and working our way,” she muttered as she finished off making her notes.

“Alright before you go off and join Mr Detective over there filling this in,” she slid the form over towards him.

“Do you have any prior convictions that I should know about? Bare in mind I will be checking up on all of you, so being truthful is a the best and only option.”

Radzyn Boomtown
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:06:33 AM
He watched as she wrote on the paper, he nodded and understood the retraining and being taught thier way of work which was only right. He was a little rusty on the small arms use now, it was almost a year since that security job for that pompous Republic Senator. However his self defense training was pretty much up to par, as he had to defend himself a few times recently.

“Do you have any prior convictions that I should know about? Bare in mind I will be checking up on all of you, so being truthful is a the best and only option.”

He smiled at her and shook his head. He had worked for a couple "no good" employers but never had been picked up for anything while on their payrolls.

"No ma'am, I have no prior convictions."

He picked up the application form and walked over to where the big man was sitting. He settled in the chair and got to filling the rest of it out.

Deric Rion
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:36:24 AM
Attitude. I like that. Deric's face turned into a small grin as she dismissed him. She was tough, and he liked it. He wanted to say it, but not yet. Not quite. He was on her turf now and he wanted this job. It was time to play by their rules and make a decent first impression. He hadn't always been good with impressions before.

Sitting down at a smaller table off from the main desk, Deric took the application in hand. Without delay, he started to scribble in the details.

Name: Deric Rion

Past Experience: Balmorra Civil Guard-6 years; Bin Prime Investigation Division-4 years

Criminal Convictions: No convictions

He thought about the last question. He was answering it accurately, but maybe not truthfully. His run-ins on Balmorra weren't necessary unless specificaly inquired about, he decided. Besides--he was never convicted, so what did he have to worry about?

Having completed the application, he made his way back to the desk. This time--instead of barging through--he waited patiently in line for his turn.

Kilee Joppenhauer
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:25:37 PM
Meanwhile...

"Hey Kile...You wanned to get up by eight, right?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Well, it's nine!"

The half asleep ball of blankets shot up. Wiping her face hastily, Kilee Joppenhauer blinked, collecting herself. When her mind had booted up, the frenzy began.

"Dammit Oz, you shoulda gotten me up! I told you eight o'clock!"

Her short brandy-coloured hair was limp from the night before, the sweat and heat of the clubs she'd dropped in on having done a number on her casual 'do. That was the least of her concerns at the moment however, and the only thing on her mind as Kilee pulled on a pair of loose canvas pants was how to kill her brother without being convicted.

"Oz...I'm gonna be back later tonight! I...Jesus, how many arms does this freaking shirt have?"

She emerged from her room, pulling the white t-shirt down, and makeup running. Her brother hid his grin. Kilee dashed to the kitchen, splashed her face with water and grabbed her purse as she bolted out the door.

"Stay outta trouble. And it's you're night to pay for dinner!"

"Frell, frell, frell, frell, frell..."

Kilee tapped her foot impatiently at the transit stop. Every couple of seconds she looked at the chrono of the man next to her, willing the transport to hurry up.

"C'mon...c'mon!"

As if it heard her cries the public cruiser turned the corner and changed into the appropriate lane. Like everyone, Kile pushed her way to be at the front of the line, but of course ended up the last to enter. She spent a rather miserable twenty minutes sandwiched between an obese rodian and a chattery old humanoid, grinding her teeth. It was no surprise that she leapt off with some cheer at her appointed stop.

Running a quick hand through her hair, Kilee jogged into the Watch building, taking a few minutes to find her bearings before making her way into the recritment room.

"God, don't tell me it's too late--Whoa!"

It was full of men. Typical. But...

Kilee's eyes spotted Dirka and she felt a small rush of satisfaction. Good. Most places she'd tried to find a job at had a man doing the hiring. This was a pleasant change, and did a bit to boost her feminist pride.

"Do I just have a sit or what? Wait outside?"

Radzyn Boomtown
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:40:01 PM
The soft spoken applicant got the new arrival's attention. As he held out a blank form to her.

"Umm miss? here..... yeah, might as well fill this out while you wait to be called up. Not much of a wait though, just a couple ahead is all."

He gestured to an open seat across from where he sat.

"That's seat open, well....there are a few that are. Take your pick."

He also held out his pen he was using as he was done filling his app out and waited to for an opening between applicants to turn his in.

Sergeant Dirka Burckharf
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:45:01 AM
Dirka smiled thinly up at Rion as she took his application. She then leant back in her chair, and languidly stretched her arms up above her head as she regarded the newest arrival.

“Once you’ve all filled these forms in I’m going to have a Corporal take you down to some basic training exercises. He’ll get you suited up to.”

The Sergeant grinned – the recruits wore uniforms at almost all times, whilst the higher ranks seemed to only done them for ceremonial events.

Kilee Joppenhauer
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:30:38 PM
"Thanks mate."

With a thin smile of appreciation Kilee took the offered application and flumped down into a chair, setting her purse on the seat beside her. She began to fill out the appointed information, foot tapping rhythmically as she did. After a few moments she frowned, and crossed something out. The woman’s eyes screwed up in concentration as she wrote in tiny letters above the scribble. After a moment of study Kilee nodded and continued on down the form. She’d filled out enough of them to know the basic layout and was quick to complete it. With one last look over, Kilee stood and walked to the desk, waiting with tap-tap-tapping fingers

Eric Vance
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:01:12 AM
Yup, this was the place. Coruscant City Watch building. There was just a touch of anxienty in Eric's stomach as he parked his airspeeder across the street. He'd been out of the game for nearly three years now. After the Civil War erupted on Balmorra, he couldnt bear to stay any longer. Not with what his new orders were. In the three years after that, he'd been working as a private investigator. The paychecks were decent, but erradic at best. It was impossible to make long term plans without a steady income, and that was the reason he was here today.

Making a fresh start didnt bother him too much. He was more or less worried about what kinda superiors he would have to answer to, and how he might have to adapt and adjust.

This was really an afterthought though, as he removed his sunglasses upon entering the building. There was a line to the recruiment office, so he didnt even bother going in just yet. Instead, he made his way to an empty seat and sat.

Mikhail
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:17:05 PM
-Mikhail climbed the stairs to the office with deliberatley, extremly slow steps.
His cybernetic senses kept a rough check on the conversations through the ceiling, or their floor for that matter.

He eventually reached the office and openned the door quietly before slipping into a free seat in what seemed to be the waiting area.

Mikhail didn't mean to eavesdrop, it was only a bad habit of his.-

Sergeant Dirka Burckharf
Jun 27th, 2003, 02:52:22 AM
Some people had no initiative. Frowning, Dirka got up and, snatching some application forms off of the desk, handed one to Mikhali. There was a scent lingering outside of the door, and the silhouette visible through the frosted glass backed this up. Smirking, she pulled it open and, leaning against the doorframe, smiled sharply up at the man waiting there.

“Do come in.”

A form was pushed into his hand too, before Dirka whirled back into the office. She checked her chrono. The advertisement in the Coruscant Times had given a specific time that all would-bes should arrive. Any later and they would have to be sorted out by another officer, instead of Burckharf.

“I think waiting another ten minutes is enough before I send you all down to rec, don’t you?”

Eric Vance
Jun 27th, 2003, 03:30:01 AM
"You're the boss."

He replied casually as he stepped in, shutting the door behind him. The form was your average, run of the mill, form. He smiled slightly as he took a seat in front of her desk..

"Got a pen?"

Radzyn Boomtown
Jun 27th, 2003, 09:29:55 AM
Placing his form on the desk quietly, Radz then sat back down and patiently waited. Looking at all the othe rapplicants wondering if he would be amoung them at the end of the whole training thing or washed out during it. He knew small arms he could pass, as well as maybe self defense. Hmmmm, this will no doubt be an interesting thing to see through. Finally doing something good.

Brielle Acaana
Jun 27th, 2003, 02:14:08 PM
Stepping out of her lab, Brielle was promptly flattened against the wall as a bald male carrying a black duffle brushed past her. It had been his fault but she had turned to offer her apologies to his mistake.

Obviously, they werent needed or wanted. Without pause, the man proceeded down the corridor and grabbed the knob to Sergeant Burckharf's door.

Must be a relative. Hes as rude as she is.

With dismay, Officer Acaana took in the applicants milling around the outside of Dirka's office. Why hadnt Burckharf instructed them to stay in the waiting area instead of letting them wander around? The sergeant could have easily pulled one of the desk cops away and had him direct 'traffic' if only at the beginning. Posting a sign would have been easier by far but did Dirka ever think of these things?

Brielle gritted her teeth as she stepped forward into the fray.

"People, can I have your attention, please? Hello?! Those applying for recruitment are to wait in this area and not in the middle of the hall! This way, please.....over here......lets move it, people!"

Deric Rion
Jun 27th, 2003, 11:22:18 PM
You're frelling kidding me! Deric turned to note who had just entered the room. If it wasn't one thing, it was another, and he was assured that someone up above him was determined to make his life a living hell.

Vance.

What the frell is this bag of sithspit doin here? He left the form with the others on the table, making his way down the line toward Vance. His face was stone. He stopped where the other stood and turned to face him, another grin forming on his lips.

"Well, well. Heard they were hirin and thought you'd come down for a piece of the big time action, huh Top Cop?" He leaned in a little closer. "Flash a pearly white smile and quote some penal codes--cuz I'm sure you already read the frellin code book--and maybe Burckharf'll give ya a quickie with your job offering." He smiled an 'patted' Vance on the shoulder before taking a seat in the corner to wait for their next move.

Eric Vance
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:59:27 AM
"Well well......If it isnt the Bald Headed Butcher himself.."

Apparantly, the shark had came here looking for a bigger ocean. Obviously, Eric had done something in his nearly unblemished career to make someone mad. He and Rion never did like each other, from the day Rion stepped foot into the Bin Prime Civil Watch building, to the day that Eric stepped out, they didnt like each other...

"And im sorry, but I havent read this codebook yet, though im sure the important parts are the same....You know...Ethics, procedure...But you're already up to speed on that, arent you..."

Eric leaned back and pushed the door closed, then turned back around...

"Sorry bout that, where were we..."

Kilee Joppenhauer
Sep 19th, 2003, 03:01:15 PM
Kilee watched the confrontation with mild interest, glancing at her chrono and rubbing her eyes. Frelling hells, she was tired. Perhaps it hadn't been the best idea in the world to stay out all night, but you were only young once. Why not have a bit of fun?

Covering a yawn the woman searched her pockets for a piece of gum, anything to chew. She came up empty handed and frowned a bit, once again looking over the others around her.

"Jebus, what the hell happened to women competing with the men?"

Radzyn Boomtown
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:44:25 AM
He smiled at the remark, it was getting to be a long day there. But thats what comes with the legal system. Only thing to do is grin and bear it. Then again it could all be another test. One that shows your patience. And Radz had abundance of it. He turned to the woman and spoke loud enough for her to hear.

"Oh I think they'll be alot of competing once we start our training."

He held his hand out to her.

"Name's Radzyn."