PDA

View Full Version : New arrival to Coruscant (open)

Sata'ak
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:15:33 PM
-The public transport just came from the spaceport, it pulled up to a street-side station in central Coruscant.

The doors swing open a a few passengers depart, each with their bags they've brough on thei journeys.
One by one they step off, they all walk away quickly from the transport, the reason is clear when the last passenger gets off.

The robed figure steps out, his 7"+ height combined with his athletically large build makes him a very large man indeed.
The figure takes a few steps before pausing, he adjusts the strap of the satchel over his shoulder.

He tilts up his head, his face peering out from beneath the hood.
The passer-by's alter their paths in an attempt to put as much space between thmselves and the monster as possible.

He can clearly see the blatent racisim and thinks aloud.-

*sighs*
"...And so the trials begin...."

Todd
Jun 22nd, 2003, 01:29:45 PM
You see a lot of different beings on Coruscant, and the sentients gettin' off this transport are no diff'rent. That is, they're all diff'rent from each other. Even a family of Wooks, or at least I'll just pretend they're a family. One's shorter than the other two.

A guy in a robe brushes past me, but I don't mind, much. He's a pretty big guy, and I'm just...well I come up to about his waist. I'm straining to reach five feet tall before I turn thirteen, but I think it's a losing battle.

As the beings from the transport scatter into the City, I wander through, picking pockets. I'm stayin' away from those Wooks though, they don't have any pockets anyway. A jizzwailer is luggin' a case with his precious instrument inside, probably late for a gig someplace near. I relieve him of his ID card and creds and he didn't even notice. Unfortunately, he's a struggling musician, and I don't get much off him.

Skyler
Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:12:36 PM
Not many people really notice you when your as small as me. Which is a good thing. Makes what me and my gang do a lot easier when no one suspects the 'cute little kids'. Watchin' Todd's back is what I usually do. I watch the others' backs too, but Todds my right hand guy. I especially can't let him get caught. Not that he would; he's good at what he does.

Of course I got my own things I'm doin' while watching out for Todd... and that's watching out for the 'pol'. So that's kinda what I'm keeping my other eye out for now; just ready to grab Todd and bolt if we have to.

Turning my head, I catch a glimpse of him lifting some musician's wallet. Prolly not much there, but y'never know.

Todd
Jun 22nd, 2003, 04:49:41 PM
My messenger bag is waitin' to get full of wallets, but this crowd is a bit tricky. They're actually not bumpin' into each other, and that makes my work harder than it should be. Joe's watchin' me, and I run between the travelers, bowling over a little Ranat that gets in my way.

"Hey!" It shakes a fist in my direction as I get to my feet and help it up.

"Oh, sorry mister...miss..?" I can't ever tell what a Ranat is, so's I just hazard a guess until the beast is upright and light a few creds.

"Watch where you're going!" It shouts at my back as I run off again, and run smack into th' tall guy I saw earlier. For someone so tall, he hasn't gotten very far yet.

I bounce off his legs and fall on'a ground, skinning my knee through a hole in my pants. From the ground I look up, and up... Traveler, good cloak, prolly has creds to spare. "Hey, mister! Watch it!" I struggle to get to my feet, using his cloak for support.

Skyler
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:09:19 PM
Todd'd hit paydirt, bumpin' into the tall guy like that. Even from a faraway glance I could tell the traveler was well off. I sniffed, tugging at my braided hair, and working my way closer, kept one eye on Todd and the stranger, and the other for any pol that might be walkin' 'round.

Sata'ak
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:27:54 PM
"Watch your self there kid."

-He said with a sort of "friendly", lop-sided smile.-

"Why the rush?

-He asked, already knowing the answer from his observations.
He was warey that the child may attempt to lift his property but his things were Vong things; Such things would lash out at the child only to crawl back to it's owner.

The Vong watched out for his own equipment for the childs sake.-

Todd
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:35:25 PM
The big guy smiles at me, I think, but his face's covered by his hood. This close, though, I can make out a bit. He looks scaly and knobby, and his mouth has no lips. Barabel? I restrain myself from slipping a hand in 'is cloak pocket.

Barabel have a habit of rippin' thieves t' pieces. I really really don't wanna be ripped t' pieces. "Er, sorry mister! You was in the way!" I make a show of dusting myself off, and stand right in front of the big Barabel/thing. It don't sound quite like a Barabel, the accent ain't right. "You new to Coruscant?" O' course you are. "Need to know a good place to stay th' night? I can show you around!"

Sata'ak
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:48:51 PM
-The Vong decides this would be a good idea, it would keep the kid out of trouble; For now, anyway.
Besides, Sata'ak could use a good guided tour.-

"Sure, sounds like a good idea.

By the way, the name's Sata'ak."

Todd
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:22:01 PM
"Todd, sir. Do you have bags? A speeder? Wanna walk?" I scamper ahead of the big guy, facing him and movin' backwards. "I can carry your bags!" Joe's seen me do the 'new in town' special before, and hopefully she'll let me do my thing. I'll meet her back at th' Shelter tonight, like always.

I pointed to the right, "Over there is th' Jedi Temple! Impressive isn't it? It use ta be the tallest structure in the City until th' Imperial Palace was built. That's right over there..." I turn a bit, pointing left and behind me at th' enormous pyramid shaped building that made up the ol' Palace, and run into a guy who don't have his eyes on where he's walkin'. I lift his wallet without the big guy seein', and twirl around excitedly. "Where ya wanna go? Got a hotel you need ta find?"

Sata'ak
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:32:14 PM
"A hotel would be nice, yes................

-The Vong saw more of that then the kid knew, he decided to let it slide.-

".............Well, perhaps you could point one out to me."

Skyler
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:49:35 PM
I let a few people pass between me an' Todd, though careful to make sure he's still alright. For a few moments I wondered what he was doin'; yakkin' with the guy instead of lifting his wallet, but then I see the old new in town' routine goin' down. Not surprising. Usually if Todd was willing to go all out, it meant the poor sod was worth it.

I train my gang the right way. You have to when you live on the Coruscant streets most of the time.

And so I backed off. Not too much, but just enough to still keep an eye on Todd. Usually I just met him back at the shelter, but the gang an' I were in the process of movin' out an' living ono our own; besides.

You can never be too careful when it came to the big guys; sure they had creds most of the time, but they also had bad tempers..

Todd
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:28:35 PM
"Oh yeah, yeah! There's th' new Starlight by the ol' Imperial Palace, and then there's always a room to be had at th' Ga'ark o'u Blarrrth, although," I lower my voice as if I'm confiding a deep secret, "it's owned by a Rodian. Pretty nice, tho', if you don't mind a green tint to ever'thin'."

I tugged at his sleeve, pulling him after me. Maybe he'd even tip me after we got to a hotel! They usually did, although they noticed later that I'd managed to rip them off as well.

Sata'ak
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:54:49 PM
-The light only slightly revealed the lower portion of Sata'ak's face beneath his hood, the light just catching his lop-sided smile.-

"..I think I can manage a Rodian joint.
Very well, show me the place."

Todd
Jun 27th, 2003, 01:37:31 PM
Definetely lipless. Sort of freaky lookin', if anyone had asked me. Maybe a Yevethan warrior!

But no, he's too built for that. Yevethan's are skinny like skellingtons. "Let me carry your bags!" I reach for his satchel.