PDA

View Full Version : Home Coming Pt. 2 *Completed*

Redeemer
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:25:48 AM
Ree checked the coordinates of the ship before getting up from her seat. Her hand glided over Ice's shoulder before she continued to walk to the back in search of her sister, Epona. She found her looking through some holo-images of wanted people and Ree could only guess she was looking for Ranx.

"Epona," She said softly, "Once this mission is over, Ranx will be your's. I promise that. But right now," She paused to look over at Quinlin sitting in the pilot's seat and then at the empty one next to him. "I think you should go talk to someone."

Epona turned her violet eyes on Ree and Ree just stood there, arms crossed, daring her to argue.

"Quin's a little uptight about this mission, just talk to him, get his mind off of it for awhile."

Ree turned on her heel and walked over to Ice, curling herself onto his lap. He laughed, wrapping his arms tightly around her and whispering softly in her ear. She sighed, resting her head on Ice's shoulder, wondering if they would run into Ezra while rounding up Izabell, the newest member of the Bloodpack. Quinlin took his position in the Pack seriously and for Ezra to have turned it down, Ree didn't finish her thought, she just turned to look at Ice then over at Epona.

Something about this whole thing just wasn't sitting right with her. Why send the whole group to bring back one errant vampyre when all they had to do was seek her out mentally and tell her she's needed at home?

"Something's not right about this, Ice. I just don't like it." She murmured as his arms tightened around her reassuringly.

Epona Rhi
Jun 22nd, 2003, 02:17:20 PM
She looked at Ree with a quizzical expression. What was she getting at? And why was she trying so hard recently to get her next to Quin? Then it hit her....and she snickered to herself. could the Quinster actually like her? She smiled and looked back at where he sat. He had his chin resting on his fist and jus staring out the viewport. She had to admit, he was a frelling good looking guy. But she wasn't that trusting of men, and for good reason. She thought for a few minutes then got up and walked over to where Quin sat.

"Hey Quinster, you look like someone took your favorite toy from you."

He slowly turned and gave her an arched eyebrow. Which brought out a snicker from her. She placed a hand on his shoulder and shook her head.

"C'mon, what's wrong? You can tell me."

Quinlin Torr
Jun 22nd, 2003, 02:31:13 PM
He looked at her and cocked an eyebrow, then he looked over at Redeemer and sent to her.

' If you have anything to do with this I'm going to get you real good later moody-girl'

He smirked to Redeemer then looked back at Epona.

"It's nothing really, just haven't seen Ezra in a long time.....long time. He was supposed to have lead us when we were formed, but he declined the honor and got into a fight with his father. Izabell must've found him, cause we're being sent to get her. But there must be something more that isn't being said. Cause why send us all to get her? Unless there could be a problem waiting to happen and I feel just that right now."

He nodded and turned back to the viewport. He couldn't look at her for long, her eyes seemed to grab him and he couldn't let on about anything.

Redeemer
Jun 22nd, 2003, 02:41:29 PM
Ree smirked and turned away. She could hear Quinlin speaking and knew that they all were feeling the same way about this mission.

'You'll thank me later, Quin.' She sent back to him.

"We should be getting there shortly." Ree announced. "Be prepared for anything. I don't know what will be waiting for us. I want to get Izabell and get back."

Ree stopped, then looked sheepishly at Quin and Ice.

"Sorry about taking over, I just don't like this mission one bit."

imported_Ezra
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:29:36 AM
He was talking with Izabell when she got this strange look. He reached for her and inquired about it.

"Iza, what's the matter?"

She put a hand up and averted her eyes about. She felt something or someone. And it looked like she was surprised to feel that.

Izabell
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:32:00 AM
"I.....feel.....huh, its gone.....Probably nothing."

She answered him. She had felt something and almost thought of the Bloodpack, but they couldn't be coming here....unless.....noooo they couldn't why would they?

Ice
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:23:14 AM
Ice watched as Quin managed a perfect landing. He smiled, getting up to take a look at their surroundings before getting out of the ship. He nodded at Quin and patted his shoulder as he moved away from the cockpit. He stopped, feeling Izabell for a brief moment. His eyes connected with Quin's and the look on his friend's face told him he felt the same thing.

Heading in the back he found Ree adjusting the sword on her back, a weapon she had become very fond of lately, and he smiled, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched her. She slid the knives into place on her thigh and adjusted the blasters at her sides. On her bare arms, she slid a dagger into each holder tied around her arm, securing it in place. Ice smiled at her, never growing tired of watching her. She looked up from what she was doing and grinned.

"Just in case."

"Sure honey, what ever you say." Ice laughed, walking over to kiss her thoroughly.

A cough next to them reminded Ice they were not alone. He let Ree go, turning around to find Epona standing there with her eyebrow raised.

"What? Do you want a kiss too?" Ice joked, pure delight dancing across his face. "Oh wait, I should leave that to Quin, huh?"

The look that fell across Epona's face was enough for him to head back into the cockpit with Ree's laughter trailing him. Quin looked up from what he was doing and smirked.

"No more Miss Moody, huh? Thank the Dark Gods Epona is back among us."

"No kidding." Ice agreed. He heard something whizzing by his head and turned just in time to see a data pad hit the wall.

"I heard that." Came Ree's voice.

Ice looked at Quin and said,

"Ok, maybe not."

Kariss
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:11:31 AM
Kariss stood up from where she was sitting outside and rolled her head, feeling her neck crack in a few places. She smiled, turning around to head back into the house. She had given her lifemate and Izabell plenty of time to talk and she was getting antsy being away from Ezra.

Walking back inside, she smiled as the two of them turned to face them. As she came to Ezra's side, his arms wrapped tightly around her and she tilted her head up to accept his kiss.

"I love you." She whispered against his lips.

imported_Ezra
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:44:50 AM
He smiled as she told him those words he would never get tired of hearing. He hugged her tight and glanced up to see his sister smiling at them. She was really happy for him to find someone who loved him like Kariss did. Finally he'd done "someone" in his familiy proud.

"I love you too."

He said back softly as they stole kisses. As they broke from the kisses and just held each other, Ezra's face went blank. then he looked around as if he too felt something.

"What is it brother?"

"N...nothing, I thought I .....there it is again."

' you feel it too don't you?'

She sent to him and he nodded back, then the feeling disappeared.....as quickly as it came. She had been right about one thing, it was kriffing familiar.

Epona Rhi
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:55:40 AM
She watched Ice high-tail it out of the rear after his comment., and for good reason. Epona was about to give that vampire a pop to the mouth. She turned back to Ree with a demanding look.

"Alright , spill it. What's he on about Quinster kissin me??"

Her fists were on her hips as she leaned in on Ree. Daring her to not answer. Her finger gesture which would usually be taken for "come here" was more being used for "better tell me".

" ahhh? ahhh??? c'mon Ree."

Redeemer
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:17:46 AM
Ree tried to turn and walk away, but Epona grabbed her arm and held her there.

"You are not going anywhere, Ree. Spill it." Epona said, glaring at her. Ree sighed, looking over her shoulder at Quin and then back at Epona.

"Let's just say, I think something could be really good between you and Quin. I know the two of you like each other more than you are letting on." Ree stated, watching the shock register on Epona's face. "Acknowledge it and get together, will ya?"

With that, Ree turned on her heel and headed off the ship.

Epona Rhi
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:00:41 PM
Her mouth dropped open. She was shocked at her friend's words! She watched Ree's back and reached over for the other spare datapad. Ree turned quickly and had a surprised look on her face as the datapad zinged by her head. Epona stood there with her arms crossed and a smart alec smile on her mug, and one hand showing the universal sign of "sisterly love" while her tongue stuck out. Which made Ree laugh out loud and give the same gesture back. Epona giggled and went back to getting ready.

Quinlin Torr
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:11:54 PM
Quinlin looked over at Ice as the second datapad bounced off the near wall. He started to laugh and shake his head. Yep, back to normal he thought.

" Things are the same again eh Ice? Little miss moody and little miss attitude. Heavens help us."

Ice chuckled at his friend's jesting and nodded in agreement. Quinlin picked up both datapads and held them out for the girls to see.

"You know, someone will have to answer for these. And I know who is answering for the second one!"

He called out to the rear of the ship. Then as he turned to place the two datapads down, a metal tube from the spare parts holder bounced off his chest. and a loud resounding "Bite me!!" came from the back. He looked at the other two with disbelief as he picked up the tubing and looked at it with a smirk.

"Yeah.....back to normal"

Redeemer
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:20:40 PM
Redeemer laughed heartily as she made her way out of the ship, but Epona's 'bite me' had her turning around and bounding her way back in.

"You know, Ep...I have offered that over and over!"

Ree gave Ep a fang filled grin and dashed down the plank before anything could be thrown her way.

Epona Rhi
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:44:15 PM
Walking with the group, she spots a small village coming up ahead. It's cozy appearance makes her wrinkle her nose. She couldn't think of living in such...."quiet". The mist started to roll in and she was amazed.

"Ree.....didn't you say once you was lookin' for this "mist walker"? And wasn't the rumors about him mentioned it was in a small village like this one?"

She asked as she trudge along the path.

Redeemer
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:51:43 PM
Redeemer stopped walking for a moment, taking in everything Epona said. Her mind went back to the club they were at just mere hours before when Ice had mentioned 'Mist Walker'.

"Oh my......"Redeemer breathed. "It couldn't be."

She continued walking with the group, her eyes flickering over to Ice and then back to Epona.

"I just realized who the Mist Walker is and I am about ready to slap some vampyres upside their heads for not telling me sooner. Especially since they knew I was looking for him!"

She threw icy stares at the male vampyres, watching as they cringed slightly. Ree moved closer to Epona, wrapping her arm around her friend's shoulder.

"Men...don't you just want to slap them sometimes?" She asked, half seriously, half jesting.

Epona Rhi
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:13:46 PM
She laughed and gave the two men the same Icy glare.

"All the time Ree.....All the time."

They walked through the village and there sitting outside was a little girl. Epona walked over to the girl and bent down to talk to her.

"Hello there....My name is Epona. I was wondering if you know of a man they call mist walker?"

The little girl smiled and nodded. "Uhh huhhh. I do."

"Great! Could you tell me where we could find him? These people here are his old friends and one of them is here visiting."

"Sure! If you're his friends.....He lives there." She pointed up the revine to a ruined castle that overlooked the lakes.

"He is a very nice person. He looks after us.....He protects us."

Epona looked back at the others with a "hmmm" look and then turned to thank the girl. She walked back over to the group.

"Well? Does this sound like your Mist Walker Ree?? Sure does to me."

she wiggled an eyebrow at her and laughed.

Quinlin Torr
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:18:08 PM
" Protects them? Sounds like a Bloodpacker all right."

Quinlin whispered to Ice. Ezra was doing what the Bloodpack did, protect the mortals from danger. Only difference was he wasn't a hunter like them. He wasn't eradicating the renegades. He shrugged and walked up the path to the ruins of the castle.

Ice
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:19:05 AM
Ice thought quietly to himself, taking in all of this as they neared the ancient castle. He couldn't understand why Ezra denied his position in the Bloodpack if he was doing the same thing they were.

Ice let out an annoyed breath, then stopped suddenly, a few feet away from the door. Ree turned to look at him, her eyebrow raised.

"What is it, Ice?" She asked.

"I feel Izabell there...and Ezra." Ice's gaze went to Quinlin's. "There's someone else. I don't know who."

"Then we're about to find out." Quinlin said, reaching for his gunblade.

Ice heard Redeemer pull her sword out of it's scabbard and one by one he looked at each of them.

"Let's keep this clean. All we're doing is collecting Izabell and that's it." Ice said, his eyes going back to Redeemer.

"Yeah, a bloody baby sitting mission." Ree hissed. Ice glared at her and she had the good graces not to say another word.

"I know how we all feel about this. Let's just get her and get home, ok?"

They all nodded and turned to walk the final distance between them and the entrance.

Kariss
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:26:05 AM
Kariss laughed, snuggling closer to Ezra and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I'll be back, My Love." She whispered. As she pulled away, Ezra brought her roughly to him and kissed her hard, taking her breath away. Slighty dizzy, she looked up at him with wanting, then remembered Izabell there.

Kariss laughed, turning to walk out the room. She had wanted to set out a fresh carafe of blood wine for the three of them. She couldn't help the smile that was on her face. Everything was perfect for them. The only thing that bothered her was the situation between Ezra and his father. She sent out a silent prayer that hopefully things would work out between the two of them.

Izabell
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:34:05 AM
Izabell smiled as Kariss walked away, she really liked her brother's lifemate even though she was turned. She suited him. She was talking to her brother when she felt it again....this time stronger. They WERE here! Even Ezra felt it....they turned to look at Kariss and then back to each other. Izabell then walked very fast to the entrance coridoor of the retreat.

Redeemer
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:04:40 PM
The four members of the Bloodpack walked up the final steps of the castle when the door swung open before them. There they stood, Ice with his hand on his sword at his hip, Epona's hands ready for her sabers and both Quinlin and Ree holding gunblade and sword infront of them. Ree had to smile, for anyone to see, they did look intimidating.

Izabell stood infront of them with a rather disturbed look on her face. Ree had yet to spend any quality time with the Bloodpack's newest member and she took this look to mean that they were a surprise to her.

"Greetings, Izabell." Ree said, watching as Izabell slowly nodded her head.

"We're here on a mission, Izabell." Quinlin said, stepping up infront of the group. "Your father has sent us here to bring you back."

Ice
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:47:34 PM
Ice kept a close eye past Izabell. He knew Ezra was near by, but who was this other he was feeling?

"It is good to see you again, Izabell." Ice smiled. "I didn't get the chance before to thank you for saving Quinlin when we were fighting Malice. You have proved your worthiness within the Bloodpack."

He noticed Izabell smile demurely at him and then look over her shoulder.

'Something is going on here.' He sent out to the others. 'I think she and her brother are hiding something. This must be investigated.'

Izabell
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:34:24 PM
"Why does my father interfere with my personal life? I came looking for my brother whom I haven't seen in over a hundred years and I finally find him and now I must leave??? I hope you're joking."

She looked at them with a hint of irritation and somehow knowing they felt the same way. She looked at Ice as he
complimented her on her first mission with them.

"You're quite welcome, and thank you."

imported_Ezra
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:37:39 PM
A figure approached from behind Izabell. Someone the pack hasn't seen for years had appeared, looking the same but a tad bit older and longer more unruly hair. He looked at the rest of them with suspicious eyes. he noticed a mortal amoung them.

"What is it you seek from the house of Darkmere?"

He asked the age old greeting of his family, which brought a smirk from Izabell.

Redeemer
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:22:00 AM
Ree seemed to be in awe as the legendary 'Mist Walker' stood before her. She couldn't help but smile. She bowed her head slightly in a show of respect for him.

"Ezra, your father has sent us here to collect Izabell." Ree said. She replaced her sword and nodded for Quin to put down the gunblade in an effort to show they were not there to cause any trouble. "If you would allow us to come inside, we would like rest."

Ree looked over Ezra and Izabell closely as they were obviously thinking this over. Then, Izabell slowly moved, allowing the four of them in. Ree smiled her thanks, letting the others move in first before taking up the rear with Epona.

They walked in and she heard Ice let out a low whistle. Ree smiled, this place was impressive. Izabell and Ezra followed them into the library and Ree turned around to face them.

"Ezra, it is truly wonderful to see you again." Ree laughed. "It has been far too long."

Ree impulsively hugged Ezra, not knowing if he would mind or not. She didn't care. She had missed her friend from long ago. She opened her mouth to speak when they heard a voice behind them,

"Ezra, My Love...do you......"

The voice stopped as they all turned around to see who it was. Ree's eyes widened at the beautiful woman and she could feel Ezra and Izabell tense up immediately. Ree studied her for a moment, then realized the other woman's gaze was boring into her.

"She's a turned one." Ree said.

Kariss
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:29:27 AM
The four strangers standing in the library immediately drew Kariss' curiousity, but the blonde one really had her interest peaked. She could tell they were vampyres, except for the dark haired woman, she was obviously Sith. Kariss could feel the power eminating from her.

She did not know why, but Ezra and Izabell were on edge and that alone put Kariss on the defensive.

'Who were these people and what were they doing in their home?' She thought to herself.

Kariss blinked and her eyes blacked out and the thought of their home being invaded and Ezra and Izabell in distress. She tensed up, ready to strike at any of them.

Epona Rhi
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:00:13 AM
She stepped in along with the rest and oggled the place. It was a piece of bantha dung on the outside, but was plush and rich on the inside....kinda like Ice and Quin....she snickered at her personal joke, which brought an arched eyebrow from Ree. She smiled and walked past her. She was standing there when a unfamiliar voice came out from the background.

She turned her head to see a striking beautiful woman standing there with a wine decanter in her hands and then everything went silent......sh eknew silence and the "pack" meant bad deal, and she perked up as Ree said those words.

"She's a turned one."

Quinlin Torr
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:03:53 AM
Quinlin stepped forward and as he did Ezra stopped him cold with a hand against his chest. Quinlin looked back at the others and then down to the hand that stopped him.

"I take it you know this turned one?"

He asked as his eyes went to Ezra's. The dark haired vampyre slowly nodded and had a "warning" in his expression.

imported_Ezra
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:08:18 AM
Ezra's eyes hardened a bit as he knew why there was a silence.

"I do know this turned one......She is my lifemate."

At those words Quin's eyebrows rose and his head slightly slid back in surprise, as did the rest of them.

"I remember well our rules governing the turned, but she is no threat to the rest I guarantee it. Kariss my love, come and meet som eold friends of mine."

He held his arms out to her, beckoning for her to come to him. With these particular people around, he wanted her near him.

Kariss
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:47:42 PM
Kariss stared coldly at the four intruders standing near her loved ones. Her black eyes looking at them one by one. They all stared back at her with what she could tell was hostility, especially the blonde vampyre.

Kariss watched as the female vamp reached slowly back for her sword and Kariss' eyebrow quirked up and a slow, sadistic grin appeared on her lips. With lightning speed, Kariss was at her sword on the wall. The female vamp had her sword drawn and there they stood in the middle of the room, staring down each other, black eyes boring into flashing green ones, fangs bared.

"Kariss!"

"Redeemer!"

Their names yelled at the same time, but the two women ignored them.

Redeemer
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:07:31 PM
Ree stared back at Kariss, a smile of her own matching the one the other turned vampyre wore. Ree took a step back, twirling the sword in her hand.

"Redeemer, stand down now!" She heard Ice yell, but she chose to ignore him. No one was going to get the best of her, turned, pure or mortal. She would not lay her weapon down until Kariss did.

Ice
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:13:23 PM
"Redeemer!" Ice yelled again, getting no response. He knew when Ree started to swing her sword like that, she meant business. He looked over at Ezra, noticing the same look of shock on his face that everyone else wore. Ice let out a frustrated sigh.

"A little help here, Ezra!" Ice demanded, pointing towards their women. "I do not know about your life mate, but mine is frelling stubborn. IF you have any control over her, I suggest you regain it now for Redeemer will surely fight till first blood and then beyond and I do NOT want to see that happen."

imported_Ezra
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:13:22 PM
His eyes went to their ice blue and he was standing in between them with his hands on the blades of both swords. They tried to yank them back but his grip was firm. Blood dripped from his closed palms as he growled loudly and pulled the swords from their hands. He threw both swords at the far wall and turned to Kariss and touched her face. His blood streaked her cheek.

"Not in our home Kariss....never in a Darkmere's home."

He waited till she calmed a bit then turned his ice blue eyes to Redeemer. And stepped in her face, his own fangs bared.

"Were it not for me knowing you from my people, I would rip you apart where you stand for threatening my lifemate. and the rest of you for bringing this to my home!"

He looked at the rest of them. The mortal seemed to not like his anger right now....too bad.

Kariss
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:31:21 PM
Kariss looked over Ezra's shoulder and threw Redeemer a smirk. If she would have felt childish, she would have stuck her tongue out at the other vampyre, but figured that wouldn't win her any points right now.

Kariss reached up to wipe Ezra's blood from her cheek with her finger tips. Looking at it, she grinned, placing the fingers in her mouth, sucking the blood off her skin.

Letting out a sigh, she walked to Ezra's side, taking his bloodied hands in her own.

"I am sorry, My Love." Kariss whispered. "I beg your forgiveness. I assumed wrong with them, at least, I think I did."

Kariss' eyes drifted towards Redeemer again and they returned to their normal color.

"Forgive me, Redeemer. " She said, extending a hand out to Redeemer. "May we start over?"

Redeemer
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:36:24 PM
Ree looked at the out stretched hand and then up at Kariss. She thought about it for a moment and then realized that any turned one that dedicated to someone they loved was worth getting to know.

"We shall, Kariss." Redeemer said, taking the offered hand. "I am Redeemer, this is my life mate Ice. There's Quinlin and my sister Epona."

She watched as Kariss' eyebrows rose at the last part and Ree chuckled,

"Long story, I'll fill ya in later."

Ree looked at the beautiful turned one, then at Ezra. She could see the love flow between them, just as strongly as it was with herself and Ice.

"First impressions are always horrible, aren't they?" Ree cracked. "You and Ezra will have to fill us in on your history!"

Ree turned and moved to the couch with Kariss next to her and Ezra wasn't too far behind them. He perched on the side of the couch, protectively hovering over Kariss.

Epona Rhi
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:28:44 AM
She stood there with a confused look on her face. First they were gonna get it on, then the next they were all buddy-buddy like. She held her hands up and said loudly.

" What in the name of the Emperor's two shrivled prunes is going on here!?

She gestured to Ree and then to Kariss as she spoke.

" She is frelling "turned" one!! We kick thier butts for kriffing sakes! Not have tea and little sandwiches!"

"Someone reign her in or I will."

Came Ezra's voice from the sofa....Epona smiled and brought up two cyliders from her belt.

"You and what army dead boy?"

Ezra stood up and smiled a fangfilled smile and Epona's eyes glowed brighter.

imported_Ezra
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:32:18 AM
"Ohhh this is going to be fun."

He said as he stood up. Thena flick of the wrists and the twin Cerseas flashed out of his sleeves. Izabell's eyes widened at the sight of the Darkmere's family heirloom in her brother's hands.

"You got a quick mouth miss.....your sabers quick like it too?"

Epona Rhi
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:33:56 AM
She ignited her orange blades.

"Quicker."

Was her only reply as they closed in on each other. The others glancing around in utter shock.

Quinlin Torr
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:44:09 AM
Quinlin stood up and got in between the two. He held his arms out to the sides as to block them.

"Look, this doesn't need to happen. Ree grab her ....now!"

He ordered, as he looked at Kariss.

"Kariss, please.....calm him down."

This was getting out of hand and it didn't to be. he looked at Epona and shook his head. She looked at him defiantly and Quinlin gave her a hard stare.

Kariss
Jun 26th, 2003, 07:17:35 AM
Kariss and Redeemer moved off the couch at the same time. Kariss walked over to Ezra and touched her hand to his chest.

"Lifemate, what did you just tell me?" She whispered, placing a soft kiss on his lips. " 'Never in the house of Darkmere?' "

Ezra seemed to have relaxed a little and the daggers were retracted. His arms went protectively around her and Kariss kissed him again, molding her body into his. The two of them turned to look at the others and Izabell moved closer to Ezra, watching with interest as Redeemer spoke to Epona.

Redeemer
Jun 26th, 2003, 07:28:20 AM
Ree walked to Epona, placing her hand on her shoulder.

"May I see you out in the hall, Epona?" Ree asked. Epona turned her head as to argue and Ree glared at her. "Epona, in the hallway...NOW!"

Never did Ree raise her voice in anger at her sister and this time she did. Ree grabbed Epona's arm and dragged a hissing, yelling Epona into the hallway while excusing themselves to others. She could have sworn Ice and Quinlin were wearing identical smirks on their faces.

In the hallway, Ree turned Epona around to face her.

"Epona, what was with that outburst back there?"

"What's with you and that Kariss? She's a turned one! We kill turned ones!" Epona yelled, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Ep, lower your voice." Ree hissed. "We do not kill ALL turned one's, Epona. Only the ones that have lost control. That's they way it has always been. I thought Kariss was not in control when I acted and I was wrong! She was only protecting her family...as any lifemate would."

Ree walked the length of the hallway and then back again, leaning against the wall.

"Sister, we are not to touch Kariss. She is the lifemate of Ezra, something that will protect her while Ezra lives. We have to respect that. It is our way."

imported_Ezra
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:23:13 AM
He wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly. The others hadn't moved against him, that was wise. He nodded to Quin for his keeping cool the whole time as he did Ice also. He smiled and looked down at Kariss.

"I did say that didn't I? Thats why I have you....to keep me in line as well."

He smiled a her and kissed the top of her head.

Epona Rhi
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:28:38 AM
"So if I kill him that would settle it right?"

Ree wasn't amused by that at all. She stood there with arms crossed and her face showed it.

"You know what? FINE!"

She disengaged the blades and holstered her sabers. She walked out of the hallway and then out side where they had entered the home of this Ezra. Once outside, Epona took off running. She ended up at the cliff's edge. standing there she looked out over the expanse of water.....welcoming her being alone. Her arms went around her and she took a deep breath. Maybe Ree was right......maybe she was wrong. They'll find out soon enough. Little Miss Attitude wasn't about to sit and have tea with them right now.

Redeemer
Jun 26th, 2003, 07:48:20 PM
Ree let out a deep sigh, knowing her sister was hurting. She wanted to go to her, but knew she needed to be alone right now.

Walking back into the room, she leaned against the door way, watching everyone quietly. Her eyes drifted over to Ezra and Kariss, a soft smile on her lips as she watched the two lovers. Ree caught Ice's gaze and he smiled lovingly at her.

'Epona will be fine, My Beloved. She just needs time to adjust to how the Bloodpack works.' He sent to her.

Ree nodded her head in answer then sent back,

'Make my apologies for me, Ice. I need to go to her. We'll be back soon.'

Ree turned on her heel and left before Ice or anyone else could stop her. Making sure her sister was ok was more important to her than anything else right then.

Seeking her out, Ree found her standing alone, letting the wind whip around her. She walked quietly to Epona's side, putting an arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer.

"I know you don't understand things, Epona." Ree whispered. "But you will get used to things. We all have to. "

Ree leaned her head against Epona's, both of them staring out over the water of the river.

Epona Rhi
Jun 26th, 2003, 10:27:14 PM
She wiped the tears from her cheeks with her hands. She was miffed at Ree for standing up against her. But her friend was right. She didn't know alot of what they do yet. And she jus stood there sniffling as she stared out at the lakes.

Kariss
Jun 27th, 2003, 07:31:06 AM
Kariss stood with Ezra as he talked with the other vampyres and this gave her a good opportunity to study each one of them. They had relaxed quite a bit since they first arrived, but when either of the male vampyres looked at her, they seemed to not really know what to think of her.

She went to pull away from Ezra, but he held her tightly against him, as if he was afraid to let her go. She looked up at him questioningly and he rubbed her back with his hand in answer.

imported_Ezra
Jun 27th, 2003, 09:22:40 AM
'Kariss stay near me, remember I had told you about things that my family has duty to? well, this is one of them. The Bloodpack.....they hunt down renegade turned ones and take them out. I dont want them touching you. Just stay by my side right now my love.....please'

He sent to her hoping she'd do as he asks. The Pack had grown, by number as well as age. They were mere kids when he left. Now they were the council's elite.

Kariss
Jun 27th, 2003, 01:21:10 PM
Understanding dawning on Kariss's face, she suddenly realized why Redeemer went after her. Kariss was a turned vampyre and it was her job to erradicate one's like her. She nodded her head at Ezra, doing as he wished.

Looking around for Redeemer, she noticed she disappeared along with her 'sister' Epona. Puzzled, she hoped things were ok as Epona had flown off the handle just a few minutes ago.

Kariss let out a sigh and suddenly felt herself grow dizzy.

'My Love, I need to feed. I have yet to do that this night.'

She worried her bottom lip with her teeth, wondering what she should do about it. She couldn't take off with them around and she was not about to share something so private between herself and Ezra while they were there.

Redeemer
Jun 27th, 2003, 01:55:51 PM
Ree looked over at Epona, letting out a deep sigh.

"Epona, I know you are angry with me." She said. "and it is well warranted, I'll agree, but there are things we have to abide by being in the Bloodpack. You are part of us now, you have to follow the rules like we all have to. Yes, I know, you don't like rules, frell, neither do I, but I respect the Council enough to follow them....to a point."

Epona shot her a look and Ree smirked at her.

"I would have taken Kariss out if Ezra hadn't of claimed to know her. And his claim of her being his lifemate...that claim, Epona, has won her immunity. No one can touch her now without fearing the wrath of Ezra himself and no one in the Bloodpack, at least I hope no one, is willing to risk that. I know I am not."

Ree walked away from Epona to look down into the water. She let out a soft laugh and looked back over her shoulder.

"It would have been a thrilling fight, though. " Ree grinned. "I can tell she's a fighter and a good one at that."

Walking back to Epona, she placed a hand on her friend's shoulder and squeezed it.

"Kariss will be watched closely now that we know of her existence. If she shows signs of going over the edge, she will be taken out. Ezra knows this and he must accept this."

"What if you befriend her? Will it affect you to kill her if you have to?" Epona asked, watching as Ree blanched from her question. It looked as if Ree wasn't going to answer her, she had turned even paler than her normal color. When Ree spoke, it was barely a whisper,

"It wouldn't be the first time. I had to kill someone very close to me a long time ago, Ep. It was nearly my undoing." Ree turned to look at Epona and went on. "I have the power to turn someone, just like any Pure One does. I had a mortal friend, Rory, she was dear to me and accepted me...her family knew, they didn't mind. I protected them. I would visit her every night and we would talk for hours.

"One night while I was away feeding, I came back to find her family slaughtered and Rory had been raped and on the edge of death. She begged me to turn her. Over and over while she lay dying in my arms she begged me to make her like me. I gave in, doing something I knew I shouldn't be doing, but I did not want to lose my dearest friend, I had wanted to give her any chance to live."

Ree stopped for a moment, taking a deep breath, crimson tears falling down her cheeks. She had never talked to anyone besides Quinlin of what happened. Epona's silence drove her to continue.

"I turned her. The first few days were spent teaching her how to conduct herself, how to feed...the usual things. But she lost it one night, went totally savage on her victim and wouldn't stop killing. One victim after another, over and over. I saw it in her eyes. She had gone over the edge. When Rory reached for a small child, I knew I had to stop her. We fought...I fought like I have never fought before. The horror on the little child's face drove me to end her lunancy and I did it. I tore her head right off her neck. I couldn't believe I had done it, but I did. I gathered all the bodies she had left strewn every where and burned them all, including her's, making sure every last bit of her burned. "

Ree crossed her arms over her chest and shuddered.

"So you see, Sister, I would do it if I had to. It is my duty. That is why I will never turn anyone again."

Ree turned back to look over the water, letting the tears flow freely that she never let herself shed for Rory. Even when Quin found out, she had never let herself mourn.

"I'm surprised I've let myself get this close to you, Epona. After Rory, I swore to myself to never get close to a mortal again."

Ree gave Epona smile and reached for her friend.

"If it came down to it, Epona, I would give my own life to let you live your's." Ree vowed. "You've made a home with us now, you truly are one of the Bloodpack and you will always have family with us, I hope you know that."

imported_Ezra
Jun 27th, 2003, 10:47:11 PM
'Fine, I will take you myself.....they will be fine here in the retreat till we get back'

Ezra excused both of them and instructed Izabell to entertain the guests as they went out. She nodded knowing why as she looked at Kariss.

Epona Rhi
Jun 27th, 2003, 10:58:39 PM
Epona nodded at the story. She felt a little bad for being mad at Ree, but that was how she was. Like it or lump it, and Ree decided to not lump it, but she also didn't like it either.

"I'm sorry Ree, guess Im jus too much for a mortal at times huh?"

She hugged her tightly and then laughed with her. The both of them had just had their first sisterly fight.

Kariss
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:20:30 AM
Kariss stayed close to Ezra even as they entered the city. She couldn't get over the feeling of being 'marked' by the Bloodpack now. She would definately have to watch her step now when Ezra would go back to Shadow Faene. How would he react to going back knowing the Pack was going to be watching her?

She pushed that thought aside for now and searched the city for next meal. Kariss grinned at Ezra and they hunted their pray down together, like old times.

Satiated, Kariss pulled Ezra into her arms as she leaned against the wall of the alley they were in. She winked at him as her hands slid under his shirt, letting her nails rake across his skin.

"Do we have to go back just yet?" She asked, placing wet kisses along his neck.

imported_Ezra
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:45:56 AM
Ezra pulled her close, and kissed her. Wanting to be alone for a bit, he looked at her and smiled.

"No my love, we don't have to go back yet. And I dont want to go back back right now."

He rubbed her back gently. And nuzzled her neck. Then he whispered loving words in her ear and then kissed his way to the area he wanted to be right now and slowly sunk his teeth into her.

Kariss
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:54:20 AM
Kariss brought her leg up to wrap around his own leg as he drank from her. She shuddered against him at the pure intensity of the closeness the act brought. Her nails dug deep into his back as he continued and she held her body close to his, letting him know her exact intentions.

Kariss softly bit his ear lobe as he withrew. She smirked, then bent his head down to her's to lick the tiny remnants of her blood from the corners of his mouth. His arms tightened around her and she softly laughed, capturing his mouth with her own in a full kiss.

Ice
Jun 28th, 2003, 01:08:26 PM
Ice walked around the room, taking in everything and he had to admit, he was impressed. He glanced at Quin, taking his usual place against a wall and leaning on it with his gunblade across his chest then looked over at Izabell, offering her a smile.

"I take it you knew she was a turned one?" He asked her, obviously talking about Kariss. Izabell looked as if she didn't want to talk about this without Ezra there, but he pressed on.

"Izabell, we need to know all we can about Kariss. Yes, she's under Ezra's protection, we know that. We just need to know the whole story on her."

Movement behind Ice meant that Quinlin moved away from the wall and went to sit across from Izabell in an over-sized chair.

Vampyre Dante
Jun 28th, 2003, 02:45:52 PM
*Back at Council Chambers*

Dante set aside the goblet of blood wine he had just finished and turned to talk to Count Fulkrehm when he happened to touch Ice's mind just then. What he heard startled him and unnerved him a bit. His old friend touched his arm and Dante looked over at the Count and let out a sigh, knowing he would not be able to hide this news from him.

"What is it, Dante?" the Count asked, obviously worried.

Dante looked at him, wondering how he has yet to find out about his son Ezra's lifemate.

"My friend, " Dante began. "I've just discovered some news that concerns Ezra."

Dante wanted to take back the words he just spoke, but he just could not. He could see his friend's face harden at the mention of his runaway son and Dante felt sorry for Ezra. He needed a father's love, no matter what.

"What news is this?"

"He has taken a lifemate." Dante said, watching a brief look of happiness dance across his friend's face.

"That is good news."

"My friend, his lifemate is a turned one." Dante said regretfully. The look of pure shock on the Count's face was one that Dante was not even expecting.

"I've decided to leave to join our children for the rest of the time they are there. I'll be leaving shortly....if you care to join me. I'm sure even you would be interested in seeing this lifemate of your son's."

Dante could not hide the smirk on his face as he got up from the conference table and walked into the hallway. The smirk stayed on his face as he went to say a special goodbye to his wife before parting.

'Son, I am on my way and I just may have company. Do not leave nor let Ezra's lifemate out of your sights.' He sent to Ice.

'Very well, Father.'

Count Fulkrehm
Jun 28th, 2003, 10:03:56 PM
He stood there feeling glad his son had taken a lifemate, but felt betrayed as Ezra knew how his father felt about them....'he did this on purpose'. He thought to himself....did it to get back at me for our fight we had....He paced back and forth. Then turned to head out of the chambers to join Dante in the trip to see Ezra.

"We'll see how your little lifemate stands to our tests my son. She fails.....she dies."

Redeemer
Jun 28th, 2003, 11:55:07 PM
Ree and Epona walked back into the old castle to find everyone there but Ezra and his lifemate. She looked around questioningly then over at Ice.

"Where are they?" She asked, walking to his side. Ice wrapped his arms around her, placed a kiss on her forehead and answered,

"She needed to feed. Ezra went with her." Ice chuckled. "Apparently he didn't feel comfortable enough letting her go on her own."

Ree rolled her eyes at him. She looked closely at him, knowing something else was going on.

"Spill it, Ice." She said, placing her hands on her hips. "What do you know that we don't?"

Ice
Jun 28th, 2003, 11:59:59 PM
Ice looked at everyone, once again finding that he was the object of their stares.

"We're going to have company. My father and Count Fulkrehm are coming here."

He looked directly at Izabell, watching her lovely expression turn from surprise to utter disbelief. Ree moved next to him and he turned to look at her.

"My guess is that they are curious to see Kariss." He said, answereing everyone's unspoken question. "And if I know the Count, he won't make Kariss' life easy."

Ice walked to stand infront of Izabell, placing his hands softly on her shoulders.

"Izabell, it is very important you tell us what you know of Kariss. I am willing to give the Turned One a chance and to do that, I need to know her history. Please Izabell."

Izabell
Jun 29th, 2003, 12:07:53 AM
Izabell couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her father was coming!? Why!? Hadn't he done enough damage to the family with practically disowning her brother, his son?? This had to be to get back at Ezra for doing good by himself and having a decent life away from them. When Ice asked her she could only look at him and shrug.

"I don't know anything Ice, I never had the time to ask them. We were attacked right off the bat from an old friend of my brother's and almost lost Ezra in the fight too! *sigh* Ice believe me, I know as much about Kariss as you do, but I do know this, she takes great care of my brother....she loves him deeply and I feel this is true. I also know deep inside that I can trust her."

She kept his eyes and couldnt really say anymore than what she just said. It was all she really knew of her new sister.

Ice
Jun 29th, 2003, 12:17:24 AM
Ice searched her eyes, then nodded, placing a brotherly kiss to her forehead.

"I believe you, Izabell." He whispered. "I must have time alone with Kariss before they get here."

"What?" Ree asked behind him. She walked up to him, her green eyes flashing. He knew she wasn't happy about this, not one bit. Ice sighed, placing a hand at the small of her back.

"Ree, it will either be myself or Quinlin. As we head the Bloodpack, we need to speak to Kariss by herself."

"You know Ezra will not stand for this." Ree said.

"I know. But Kariss needs to be spoken to without his presence there. If we are to leave her in peace, he must abide by this." Ice said, turning to look at Izabell. "What are your thoughts on this?"

Izabell
Jun 29th, 2003, 12:21:20 AM
She crossed her arms and her head tilted to the left.

"My brother knows our ways, he also remembers duty as he's shown with the inhabitants of the small village. I think he will allow it IF...Ice....IF you tell him your intentions."

She looked at Redeemer.

"And you know they must do this before my father shows up and ruins it all for my brother, Redeemer."

Redeemer
Jun 29th, 2003, 01:14:32 AM
Redeemer nodded slowly, understanding the situation.

"Yes, I agree, Izabell." She sighed, turning away to walk to the big window. "If this is to be done, they need to get back soon."

Ree turned around to look at Quin, sitting quietly in the chair.

"You are being too quiet, Quinlin." She stated.

Quinlin Torr
Jun 29th, 2003, 01:46:37 AM
He brought his head up, and his face was void of expression.

"It's because this is a very delicate situation. I KNOW why the elders are coming. I've seen it before."

He stood up and headed for the doorway. He turned to Ice.

"Let's go before they get here and decide to test Kariss. Cause if they doand she fails the test.....she dies."

Kariss
Jun 29th, 2003, 08:52:46 AM
As they glided up the steps to the door, Kariss stopped them and turned to nuzzle Ezra's neck. He laughed softly, bringing a hand up to caress her hair. Her arms wrapped quickly around him, squeezing him hard.

"Do not ever forget I love you, My Ezra." She whispered against his ear, placing a soft kiss on the tender skin just behind it.

Ezra smiled down at her, capturing her lips in a soft kiss when they heard a soft cough. Turning at the same time, they found Quinlin and Ice walking up to them. Kariss felt Ezra's body stiffen and his arms tightened around her.

'I don't like this.' She sent to him.

imported_Ezra
Jun 29th, 2003, 09:07:19 AM
Ezra held his lifemate protectively. Looking at the two vampyres suspiscously.

"What do you want now you two?"

Quinlin stepped up to him "We need to talk to Kariss."

Ezra stepped in front of his lifemate.

"Over my rotting corpse."

"I have to let you know Ezra, you're expecting company."

Ezra's eyes got wider...noooo....he cant mean he thought to himself but Quinlin's nod confirmed it. Even Ice nodded. Ok, this was bad. The one man he didnt want to see again was on his way, and he was comin to see Kariss.

"So you want to find something that will help....what?"

He looked at Ice.

Ice
Jun 29th, 2003, 09:21:50 AM
Ice rubbed his forehead with his hand, knowing this discussion was going to be difficult.

"Ezra, you are not going to like this, " He began. "But Quin and I need to speak with Kariss....alone."

Ice could tell Ezra was about to explode from the look on his face and he hurriedly went on.

"We need to know exactly what is going on, need to know all about her." He said, pointing to Kariss behind Ezra. "And we need to do it with just her, no interference from you...and we need to do it now before our father's get here, Ezra."

Ezra stared at Ice and Quinlin for a few moments and Ice added,

"Ezra, this is our law, you know it. It must be done."

'You realize, Ice...' Quin sent to him. 'The way to do this is for one of us to take her blood, to find out everything without the chance of her lying to us. Ezra will NOT like that.'

"It has to be done." Ice replied to him, then turned to look at Ezra, repeating the information to him silently.

imported_Ezra
Jun 29th, 2003, 09:30:32 AM
Ezra's eyes hardened as he looked back at Ice. His eyes went tot he floor and he sent to Kariss what they needed to do. Then turned to her.

"It's your decision my love. Although I dont like it, I cant make the decision for you."

He looked at his lifemate and knew sher was strong enough to do this, and she probably would knowing her.

Kariss
Jun 29th, 2003, 09:38:51 AM
Kariss lifted her head and squared her shoulders as she turned her gaze from her love to the two vampyres standing infront of them. With a hand, she cupped Ezra's cheek and smiled at him.

"I will do anything for you and I to be together, Ezra." She said, placing a kiss on his lips. Ezra drew her into a tight embrace, holding her for a moment. Kariss withdrew and looked over at Quin, the more silent one of the two.

"Let's get this over with." She whispered, walking by Ezra, their hands touching until they could not touch anymore. Ice, Kariss and Quin walked up the remaining steps and before entering the castle, Kariss turned to look at Ezra with love in her eyes. She smiled at him and then walked in.

Quinlin Torr
Jun 29th, 2003, 09:54:55 AM
As they were alone, Quinlin took his gunblade off and tossed it to Ice to hold onto. He stepped up to Kariss and looked into her eyes. He could tell she had a strength to her, he then reached for her hand. Taking it in his, he brought it up.

"I must take some of your blood Kariss. It will be the only way we can conduct this and know the truth about you."

He cut her wrist with his nail and held her arm up and took a mouthful. He released her arm and then his eyebrows furrowed. Images began to run through his head. For a few minutes he stayed like that. Then turned to Ice.

"We have nothing to fear from this turned one.She can be trusted."

Kariss
Jun 29th, 2003, 10:04:47 AM
Kariss let out a deep breath she had been holding and her eyes went to Ice to await his reaction. The two vamps seemed to be communicating silently. She looked at her wrist, watching as the tiny holes healed quickly.

"May I return to Ezra?" Kariss asked, breaking the silence. Ice looked at her for a moment and then said,

"We shall all return to the library."

The three of them left the small room and walked back to where everyone waited for them. Kariss walked immediately over to Ezra, her arms wrapping around him. She kissed him briefly then smiled at him. She could hear Ice clearing his throat and turned to look at him. He was about to say something when the front doors blew open. Everyone turned to look and Kariss' eyes widened when she saw a slightly older version of Ice walk in with long hair. Another man walked in next to him and from the way he carried himself, she knew this man to be Ezra's father.

Count Fulkrehm
Jun 29th, 2003, 10:35:31 AM
The Count stood there taking in the place, his son had done well for himself after all. Then he settled eyes on Kariss immediately, she was embracing his son. He narrowed his eyes slightly at her. She was indeed beautiful, and the looks of it, she took care of him. He averted his eyes to his daughter whom was standing there against the far wall with the mortal he had saved awhile back.

"You have done good Ezra, I am ..... happy to see you have prospered so"

"You mean shocked I didn't come running back to you."

The Count's face hardened at his son's disrespectful tone, then he seen this turned one look at Ezra and squeeze his arm, correcting his son. He smiled inwardly. 'goooood...... she keeps him in line too. This should prove interesting. I am beginning to hope she passes' He said to himself. Walking closer to her, he held his hand out to Kariss.

"Come, we have things to discuss, you and I."

Kariss
Jun 29th, 2003, 04:09:30 PM
Shocked, she looked from his father to Ezra with wide eyes. She was not expecting this.

"Ezra?" She asked, unsure.

Ezra turned to look at her, kissing the temple of her forehead tenderly.

"It will be ok, My Love. Just remember I love you." Ezra said.

Kariss nodded, reaching out to place her hand in his father's. Her eyes flew to Izabell's, then slowly to each member of the Bloodpack. Redeemer winked at her, showing Kariss that she was on her side and she smiled back at the blonde. Her eyes rested on that of Ice's father to find him smiling tenderly at her.

"We will not harm you, Kariss. Come with us." He said, turning on his heel to walk into the room Kariss had just came out of only moments before.

Kariss, her hand still in Ezra's father's hand, turned to look at Ezra and sent,

"Why do I feel like the sacrificial lamb at a slaughter, Ezra?"

Ezra did not answer, just turned his head to look down at the floor as Izabell came over to wrap his arms around him in support.

Vampyre Dante
Jun 29th, 2003, 04:29:38 PM
Dante watched with open admiration for Ezra's lifemate as she walked into the room with her head held high. He could sense her fear, but she was not letting it show on the outside.

'Good for her.' He thought to himself. Dante quickly reached out to Quinlin.

'I know you have taken her blood, Quinlin. Show me what you saw and do so immediately.'

Without argument, Quinlin let him in on what was shared and Dante's eyebrows shot up, finding it was Ezra who had turned her after all. He smiled at some of the images he saw of Kariss being defiant and was even shocked to have found she had served Master Saurron for awhile. What won his respect for her was the images of the bloody battle she had won against Kragen. The image of her beaten and bloodied standing over Kragen's body would stay with him for awhile. He sent these images to the Count, watching the interesting change of emotions run across his face.

'It seems this turned one would give her life to protect your son, My Friend. Remember that.' Dante sent.

Kariss
Jun 30th, 2003, 07:54:03 AM
Kariss slipped her hand from Ezra's father's and stood in the middle of the room. The two elder vampyres stood together silently and she knew they were communicating with each other.

'Ooooh, deja vu.' She thought sarcastically to herself.

Kariss sighed, putting a reign on her thoughts. She did not want to mess anything up especially right now. She watched the two of them, not being able to get over how much the sons look like the fathers...it was eerie.

imported_Ezra
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:07:12 AM
Ezra looked over at the others, then walked to one of the open doors to a veranda outside. He leaned against the railing and watched his little village sleep. Thinking why his father had come in the first place. Wasnt he the one who said go and never come back? Then why was he still interfering with his life?! His hands balled into fists a he stood there trying to gain control of his anger.

Redeemer
Jun 30th, 2003, 04:45:09 PM
Ree looked over at Ezra and her heart went out to him. He looked so angry and so forlorn at the same time. Glancing at Ice, she moved from his side and walked to Ezra, placing a tentative hand on his shoulder.

"If it counts for anything, Ezra," She said. "I know Kariss will handle anything they throw at her."

Ezra turned slightly to look at her and she smiled.

"Frell, she was ready to take me on without any questions! That takes guts, Ezra. The love you two share is evident to everyone in this room and I say this, law or not, you two deserve each other. I hope I get the chance to know your lifemate better."

Ree squeezed his shoulder in a comforting gesture then turned to look at the window herself, her thoughts going to the laws of their people, thinking that some of them should be wiped out.

imported_Ezra
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:26:53 PM
Ezra smiled at her and nodded his head.

"Thank you, I appreciate that. My lifemate is indeed a strong one. I hope my father doesnt pull a fast one on me, I wouldnt put it past him not too."

The sound of distrust between the Darkmere males was very much evident. But such is life when two cant come to a comprimise and say "Im sorry".

Count Fulkrehm
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:55:11 AM
The Count looked her over with no hint of expression, now she knows where Ezra gets it from. He walked to another spot of the room and crossed his arms.

"It seems my son has done well for himself. In everything he has done, but one thing. Although he has chosen you for his lifemate, he has gona against the wishes of the elders and has mated himself with a "turned" one."

He now stepped away from where he was and walked closer to her.

"How do we know you are trustworthy? I know nothing about you, your family history...... nothing. "

Kariss
Jul 1st, 2003, 12:32:46 PM
"Well, you could always take my blood and find out that way like one of your henchmen did just now." Kariss snapped, her eyes flashing. His eyes flew open in reaction of how she talked to him and she suddenly wished her tongue to be severed from her mouth.

'This is not helping.' She thought to herself.

Kariss could have sworn she heard the other vampyre snickering in the corner. When she turned to look at him, he was as serious as his friend, but his eyes were dancing with merriment.

"I apologize for that, Sir." Kariss said, turning back around to face him. "I realize all of this must come as a shock to you. I was never told of the hostility between pure bloods and ones like myself when I fell in love with your son."

Kariss turned her eyes directly to his when she spoke the last sentence.

Count Fulkrehm
Jul 1st, 2003, 01:45:44 PM
He stood at his full height and glared at her.

"I will never taint myself with the blood of a....." Dantes clearing og his throat brought the Count to an abrupt stop of his would be damaging sentence.

"As it is, my son knows the laws governing our community in the dealings with those of yourself."

He walked towards her.

"Your love for him is of no consequence to me....as his for you... I want to know what will stop you from going over that edge the turned ones love to plunge over. What will keep you from becoming a "renegade" like the rest?"

Kariss
Jul 1st, 2003, 01:55:15 PM
Kariss couldn't help the smirk that played on her lips as Ezra's father talked down to her. She squared her shoulders again and told herself to heck with respect.

"Count Fulkrehm, in the hundred years I have known Ezra, I have yet to want to 'go over that edge' and become a renegade. I have no reason to." Kariss took a step towards him, standing toe to toe with him.

"I protect the innocents here...every where...just like your precious Bloodpack does. Ezra made me what I am today. He taught me the true meaning of life." She watched as the Count's eyes grew wide and guessed a vital piece of information.

"Oh, I take it you do not know that Ezra turned me!" Kariss laughed. "Well, he did." Kariss went on to tell the Count and Dante of that night and the histroy between herself and Ezra. She could feel Dante coming to her side and every so often she would glance at him to find him quietly urging her on, to tell everything.

Count Fulkrehm
Jul 1st, 2003, 02:03:47 PM
The Count stood there, no expression on his face. Only thing that even moved was his eyes. They looked over at Dante and watched as the other council lord nodded and smiled, then the Count arched an eyebrow.

"So, my son has done what he hated the most? And did it to save you......commendable to say the least. And I see that spending time with Ezra also gave you the skill of his not so "Diplomatic" ways. "

Kariss
Jul 1st, 2003, 08:55:08 PM
"I won't even dignify that with a response." Kariss said, shaking her head. "I know you look down upon vampyres like myself, but it is Ezra's choice to take who he wants as a lifemate, not your's or anyone else's. And if he chooses a turned one, that is his business."

Kariss crossed her arms infront of her, her fingers drumming on her elbows, a delicate eyebrow raising.

"All you should be concerned about is if your son, your own flesh and blood, is happy and well taken care and I can tell you, he frelling is!"

Kariss glared at him, then let out a sigh.

"If you want to know my family's background, ask me, do not demand it of me or you will not get anything."

imported_Ezra
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:02:50 PM
Ezra was watching the doorway as the rest was watching him. He knew that his father was trying something...and it would be soon he would find out what.

Count Fulkrehm
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:05:25 PM
"WRONG!!"

He took a step forward and things either side of him went sliding by themselves against the adjacent walls.

"Our laws govern us even when we are away from our home of Khar Sian!!"

His veins on his forehead bulged and Dante was quick to place a hand on the Count's chest to halt a further approach.

"And they are strict of code against the likes of YOU!!"

His eyes were white now, unlike the ice blue of his son. He moved Dante's arm away from him roughly and moved in on Kariss.

"Your life is held with but a strand in the balance with me Karisssss. And if I demand knowlege from you , you will comply or Ezra will mourn a long time.....I promise you."

Kariss
Jul 1st, 2003, 09:38:34 PM
'Oh, the gloves are off, Buddy.' Kariss thought to herself and unkowingly sent to Ezra at the same time. Her fists were clenched at her sides as her now blacked out eyes stared into his white ones.

"I am not afraid of you, Count Fulkrehm." Kariss said hoarsely. "You want a fight, you've got it. I can take anything you can dish out. I love Ezra and I know he loves me and there is nothing, nor anyone who will step between us."

Dante had moved inbetween them to stop any sudden violence that either might do to the other. Kariss could only stare at Ezra's father, unblinking and daring him to touch her, for that would be the last thing he ever touched again.

imported_Ezra
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:08:44 AM
Ezra heard his father yell and immediately ran for the door. Only to be stopped by Quin and Ice together. He was held fast and sent his worry to his beloved. If he hurt her.....so help him, his father would pay.

Kariss
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:13:23 AM
Kariss felt Ezra in her mind and another smirk appeared.

'No worries, My Love. Your father's just about to get a butt kicking he so rightly deserves for his holier than you attitude.' She sent to him.

Dante still stodd between the two of them and they stared at each other, unblinking and unmoving.

Count Fulkrehm
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:27:11 AM
Fulkrehm stood back and had a dark smile on his face. He slightly raised his hand and force choked the insolent vamp. As she found the air void around her he clenched his hand into a fist.

"For thousands of years have I known life. And I've seen the coming of your kind and what they had wrought upon our people. I witnessed the death of our children because of it and will see to it that we have a place in this universe free from fear of becoming extinct. "

He watched as she struggled to breathe....and at Dante's reaction he released his hold and let her breathe in the precious oxygen.

"I dont want to hurt you Kariss.....but I cannot allow you such actions with me. So far you are passing the test." He walked to the wall and then turned back. "I am hoping you'll pass the rest, for if you dont.....you will die at our hands. It has been done before......Quinlin knows this..... It has happened to him. So please cooperate better."

Kariss
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:32:57 AM
Gasping for air, Kariss' heart suddenly went out to Quinlin and knew this to be the reason behind his personality.

'With every reason.' She thought to herself.

Kariss took a calming breath, feeling Dante's supportive hand at her back. She turned to look at him and actually smiled at him.

"You don't talk much do you?" She asked, winning a soft laugh from him.

"You will soon learn you cannot shut me up." Dante smiled.

Kariss turned back to Ezra's father and took in another breath. As much as she wanted to slap that smile off of his face, she took a different path.

"Forgive me, Count Fulkrehm. Obedience is not in my character trait, as you are finding out. I keep Ezra on his toes most of the time." Kariss smiled, not realizing her face had softened as she thought about Ezra.

"My full name is Kariss Denali. I was born 123 years ago to his Lord and Lady Denali on a remote planet, Oris, which is no more. Yes, I was born into royalty. I left Oris when I was 21 to study 'abroad'. I was away for two years when I was attacked by one of your 'Pure Ones' named Kragen, a good friend of Ezra's then, in a dark alley on my way home. He took my blood and left me to die in that alley. Before I blacked out, I saw Ezra come out of nowhere and they fought viciously.

"When I came to, Ezra was next to me and had turned me to save my life. That's what he told me. If you think he did it for another reason, you ask him." Kariss sighed, turning to walk away from Dante and pace the length of the room. She went on with her life, how Ezra had taken her under his wing, their fast friendship, his life with Jazmina and how Kariss had grew to love Ezra even with Jazmina in the picture. Before she knew it, she was telling the both of them everything that had happened, her eyes not even looking at them, but somewhere off in the distance as she spoke, the words coming out effortlessly.

When Kariss came to the past night with Kragen, she wrapped her arms around herself again and went on with it, how he had viciously attacked Ezra and she would not let him kill her lifemate, almost ending her life to do it. She felt her cheeks grow wet with tears, but didn't wipe them away.

Count Fulkrehm
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:14:52 AM
He was next to her, and she didnt realize it till he had put his arms around her. He embraced her and smiled.

"You have no more to fear Young one. You have passed through our gates unscathed. Iam proud of what you have done with my son Kariss. He needs you to grow more into the man I wanted him to become and could not make."

He wiped her tears away with his oversized sleeve of his cloak.

"Come, let us go outside and join the others, daughter."

Kariss
Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:28:41 PM
If Kariss was the fainting type, she would have fainted right there in his arms from his words and his actions. She couldn't believed what she heard and she turned wide eyes upon him. Suddenly, she gave him a brilliant smile and wrapped her arms around his neck, apparently surprising him by this move.

"I did not know just how much your approval meant to me until you said it, Count Fulkrehm." She whispered as she leaned up to kiss his cheek. "I thank you."

Kariss smiled up at him again, taking his arm that he offered. Before they left the room, she stopped and looked at him, saying softly,

"I know your son loves you, Count Fulkrehm. He's just extremely bull headed at times."

imported_Ezra
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:07:43 PM
He was being held by Ice and Quin, he was watching the door as was the others. Then it opened and the three walke dout. Ezra noticed Quin's look on his face and wondered at that. Did he go through the same thing and failed? His heartfelt condolence went to him. He knew what its like to lose a part of your heart. But unlike Ezra, ,Quin was yet to learn what it felt to regain it back. Ezra did when he started with Kariss, she had turned out to be his strength in many things. He smiled at her as she seen him. Relief played on his face.

Quinlin Torr
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:23:24 PM
As they exited the room, Quinlin watched in shock, as she emerged unharmed. He looked down at the floor and bit his lip. He remembered his only love in his life....she was a turned one and somehow failed the test. She was dispatched by the elders while he was held back by Ice and Redeemer. Quinlin released Ezra and stormed out of the home of the wayward vampyre.
Once outside Quinlin drove his gunblade into the ground and knelt there with his head on the tip of the hilt. This was sort of unfair to him. They loved each other like Ezra and Kariss, but wasnt allowed to. Maybe it was because of Ezra being the Count's son, maybe he was wrong....right now he didn't care, he just hurt. and he welcomed it.

Kariss
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:58:24 AM
Kariss watched Quinlin leave with sad eyes, her heart aching for him. As the door slammed shut, she sighed and then turned her bright eyes back onto her lifemate. Ezra's eyes were boring into her's and she smiled at him, raising her arms, beckoning for him to come to her.

Redeemer
Jul 3rd, 2003, 07:01:05 AM
Ree placed a hand on Epona's shoulder, squeezing it softly. When Epona turned to look at her, Ree sent,

'Epona, My Sister, please go to Quinlin now. He may not realize it, but he needs you more now than ever, more than he needs any one of us.'

Ree's heart was breaking for her friend, knowing his past and the great sadness this is reminding him of.

"Please Epona." She implored.

Epona Rhi
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:12:08 AM
She nodded and ran off after Quin. When she got outside, she seen he hadnt gone far and was kneeling with his head down. Slowly she approached him.

"Quin....are you okay? Quinster."

She reached a hand to his shoulder and almost jumped back when he suddenly turned around and held her, his arms wrapping around her waist and his head burying into her tummy. She caught the gasp in her throat and slowly huhgged him back. Her hands rubbing his back.

"Heeeyyyy, it's ok.....It's ok Quin."

imported_Ezra
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:18:02 AM
He was in her arms in a wink of an eye, smoothing her hair back and checking to make sure she was alright. When satisfied, he held her tightly and whispered sweet words to her. He looked up at his father who was now ..... smiling??

' What the frell...

Kariss
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:05:17 AM
Kariss laughed softly, kissing his check and running her fingers along his jaw line.

"I'm fine, My Love." Kariss whispered, turning back to look upon his father lovingly. When she looked back at Ezra, the look of pure shock on his face was enough to send her into a fit of giggles.

Vampyre Dante
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:16:01 AM
Dante began laughing as well, seeing that this was now a turn of events for the Bloodpack and others as well. He cleared his throat and stepped up to Ezra and Kariss.

"Your lifemate passed our tests with flying colors, Ezra. Be proud of her...I know I am." Dante smiled, his dimples showing. "I've been thinking this over and I know your father will agree with me on this one, Ezra....you and Kariss basically do what the Bloodpack does here. As a founding father of the Bloodpack and member of the Council of Nine, I want to extend to you the right of membership into the Bloodpack....both you and Kariss...if you want to accept it."

He saw Ezra's jaw tighten and Kariss' eyes grow wide. A gasp came from Redeemer and Ice's jaw opened in shock. He bit back a smile and continued on.

"It is an open invitation. You would be sanctioned here, your home, but welcome to travel anywhere to do what needs to be done."

Dante placed a kiss on Kariss' temple and shook Ezra's hand.

"Think about it."

imported_Ezra
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:24:18 PM
Ezra stood there eyes hard as steel. They knew how he felt about it the first time around, and now bringing it up again. He looked at his father and the two just stared at each other. If Kariss wanted to take the "honor" and become a member, he wouldnt stop her, he'd support her in it, but he was another story.....He never joined the first time and what makes them think he would now?

"If Kariss feels she wants it, then I will stand by her decision. I on the other hand respectfully decline."

That brought shocked expressions from the "pack" members, as well as Kariss.

Kariss
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:29:05 AM
Kariss stared at Ezra in disbelief. She shook her head and took a few minutes to think things over. She pulled out of Ezra's arms and walked towards the window to look out over the small town they protected.

She let out a sigh, thinking to herself that it would be something to do while Ezra was away and she was left alone. Of course, she did that now...but she would have a sense of belonging now...a family if you will...something she craved more than anything.

Making a decision, she turned around, startled to find everyone in the room watching her.

"If everyone in the Bloodpack will have me," Emphasis on 'everyone' meaning Quinlin, Kariss continued, "I would be honored to join."

Kariss' gaze matched Ezra's and she could see the surprise he couldn't hide from her answer. She knew he was thinking she would turn it down, but she just couldn't.

imported_Ezra
Jul 4th, 2003, 01:14:22 AM
Ezra nodded to her, she had made her decision and he was going to stand by her as he said. A smile formed on his lips and he winked at her. She did him proud as a lifemate and now she would do him proud as a part of his people. Even Izabell was smiling with approval.

Redeemer
Jul 4th, 2003, 01:29:10 AM
Ree let out a laugh and then walked to Kariss' side with Ice and they hugged her, welcoming her to the family. Ree knew Epona would be surprised by this sudden turn of events, but she also knew that Quinlin would be...well...she really didn't know how her oldest friend would react.

Ree looked over at Ice, knowing he was thinking the same thing. How would Quin react to all this?

'Please Epona, help my friend, please!' She sent to Epona, knowing Quinlin was hurting now.

Izabell
Jul 4th, 2003, 01:38:15 AM
Izabell was smiling, Kariss was now part of her family....If only her father and brother would bury the hatchet. Both of them were sooo stubborn at times. How hard is it to say "Im sorry"??

Quinlin Torr
Jul 4th, 2003, 01:49:27 AM
The door opened and Quinlin walked in. Everyone went quiet as he stood there looking at Kariss. He looked at the elders and then walked up to Kariss. He looked her in the eyes and nodded curtly.

"Welcome to the group.....Im sure you'll do us proud."

He turned and walked over to the bar and sat down.

Epona Rhi
Jul 4th, 2003, 01:52:03 AM
Epona approached Redeemer and stood next to her.

"So what'd I miss Ree?"

She looked at her sister as she crossed her arms. Looking back at Quin she felt bad for him. He didnt even say much to her outside, just held onto her. And she did her best to comfort him and talk to him.

Kariss
Jul 4th, 2003, 02:05:01 AM
Kariss watched Quin with a heavy heart. She smiled sadly at him, then turned to face Ezra, suddenly needing to be alone with him.

'My Love, I need to be alone with you. Please.' She sent to him.

Kariss was next to Ezra in a flash, her hands clenching his forearm.

imported_Ezra
Jul 4th, 2003, 02:11:51 AM
Ezra excused them from the current company and he and Kariss were in their chambers.

"What is it Kariss?"

He stood in front of her and brought her into his arms.

Kariss
Jul 4th, 2003, 08:51:54 AM
A slow wicked grin came over Kariss' face as she turned it up to receive his kiss. Her hands snaked under his shirt as she broke the kiss and nipped her way down his neck.

"Isn't it rather obvious, My Love?" She whispered in his ear, taking a step back towards a table as she was still in Ezra's arms, taking him with her.

"Kariss, we have company in the other room." Ezra softly protested as his hands ran up and down the soft length of her arms.

"Never stopped you before." She purred, licking her incisors just before she pierced his skin with them.

imported_Ezra
Jul 4th, 2003, 09:05:36 AM
"Alone time" is what she wanted, So did he. As she started the ritual of them sharing each other's blood, Ezra knew their company would wait a bit. They really hadnt had "together time" since the arrival of the pack. His hands gripped her hair as she sunk her fangs into his neck and his eyes rolled back. Sheer ecstacy....every single time. This was one thing that could never get old with them.

"Karissss....ahhhh frell ...they can wait"

They both laughed softly knowing full well they would definately end up doing just that.

Count Fulkrehm
Jul 4th, 2003, 09:29:09 AM
The Count was in a corner of the room with Dante talking softly of the events that just happened. Both elders taking in the mood of Quinlin as well as the "disappearance" of the two they came to see.

"Quinlin seems to be taking this a little more badly than I anticipated. Could we have been wrong about Serena?"

The elder asked his friend.

"I could tell you wanted to ask me why I let her live when she had that outburst?"

Dante nodded and Fulkrehm stepped closer.

"She will be a miracle for us soon." He looked a the closed chamber doors. "Very soon."

At his friend's look Fulkrehm let him in on the secret.

"My friend, when I embraced her, I caught a glimpse of a possible future if she survived..... And with our numbers slowly dwindling over the eons, this was indeed a welcomed future....Kariss, my sons lifemate, will give us an heir to the Darkmere name as well as another soldier for the Council."

Dante's eyes widened and he smiled with realization.

"Yes my friend.....they will make me a grandfather. But we will keep silent as it IS a possible future. But it is a grand glimpse allowed for me to see."

He said with a proud beaming to his face. He was very much proud of his son. Ezra had done well on his own as a man, ,and also as a husband. Fulkrehm could ask for no more than that.

Vampyre Dante
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:09:18 PM
Dante couldn't help from smiling at his friend's news. It was good news indeed. Was it possible that the two Darkmere's were going to be close again? Dante believed they would, especially with Kariss involved.

Dante turned to look at his 'children' and smiled lovingly at them. They were his pride and joy, the elite of the Council. Never had he been so proud of them as much as he was this night.

"My Children, " He began, "You may go home now. Relax, enjoy this quiet time, for new missions will be brought forth to you soon enough."

Dante and Fulkrehm watched as they each nodded to the Elders and quietly left. Looking at his friend, he reached out and patted his back.

"Shall we leave the two alone to secure the future?" Dante smiled impishly as Fulkrehm broke out laughing. With a blink of an eye, the two Elders were gone to leave Ezra and Kariss in peace.