PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm......

Jandor
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:22:51 AM
I'm kinda bored at the momment so I thought I'd start a new rp-char. The only problem is I don't know what kind of character I want. I've already got Jedi, smugglers, bounty hunters, PIs, mercs, sith and imperials.
Any one out there give me a hand? Any one know where there might be an openning that needs filling?

Charley
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:23:59 AM
or you could stop making so many new characters and just RP the ones you have.

Jandor
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:40:06 AM
ouch, that hurt.

Yeah I know, it's just so many of the threads I get involved with are the ones that go stale after a day, that's all.
Most of my char's operate together (I have a smuggler/hyjacker crew, a merc army and a secret sith army *shhhhhhh*).

Besides, even with all my characters (currently 22) I still feel that I'm missing something.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:45:25 AM
22?! How long have you been here?

You need to just concentrate on a few and get them established before making your own army of chars

Adriana Nakita
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:50:07 AM
*shrugs* I don't know, I only have 3 and I'm satisfied... but I know what ya mean about the threads... sorry can't be of much help... and what does PI mean?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:53:35 AM
Private investigator

Kelt Simoson
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:52:04 AM
I have 6 at the most and only 2 main chars..the rest are sub-chars.

Park Kraken
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:58:32 AM
How about you create a:
CSA Official
Yuuzhan Vong Infiltrator
Yuuzhan Vong Defector
Switch to the opposite sex and do a:
Princess
Prostitute
Bodyguard
Or:
Human Replica Droid
Assassin Droid
Protocol Droid (Which, depending on annoyingness, can also serve the same purpose as an assassin droid)
Farmboy
NR dude
Chiss
so on, so on.........

Jandor
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:03:27 AM
A vong defector....mmmmm..........Might give that one a go, thanx.

And yeah, I know 22 is alot (soon to be more) but I guess I'm just that kind of person. I enjoy rping ALOT but I guess I like the variation of having so many different kinds of chars.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:22:04 AM
Yuuzhan Vong Infiltrator
Yuuzhan Vong Defector We pretty much hate the Vong at this board. I mean, really really hate.

ReaperFett
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:32:43 AM
Written well, a Vong character could be a great read. Provlem is a lot of people here as good as refuse to RP with them, which is why the last group dissapeared.

Adriana Nakita
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:36:17 AM
duh... what's Vong? Sorry, I don't know much....

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:38:28 AM
but as fett said well written ... the first wave of them god-moded all over and people rightfully refused to play with them

Jandor
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:39:03 AM
Best way to find out about vong:

http://www.theforce.net/books/unjoh/database/

Oh, god modders, but then that had nothing to do with them being vong.
If I start a vong I'll be sure to adhere to the rules.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:40:39 AM
There's a little thing I like to call "character development." Bluntly put, none of your 22 characters will ever become interesting to you, because you're skipping between them when RPs become "stale after a day." A day!? A day!?

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Sometimes RPs don't get going until its been posted for over a week. OMG A WEEK!

Don't give up, and if you keep dividing your attention between more and more characters you'll end up with none that are any good.

People with multiple characters usually concentrate and RP with two or three, and then use the others when they need to/want to. So pick a 'main character' if you will, and concentrate on them. If RPs are going stale, who's fault is it? The people you RP with, or it is because you keep giving up and bailing after 24 hours? Use your imagination, think up a storyline for your character, and STICK with it, RP it out, jump into other RPs that will serve your character's motivations and actions, and have fun.

Create a new character because you're bored? No.

Create a new character because you're inspired? Acceptable.

Jandor
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:45:41 AM
Yeah I know.
Only 3 characters are my main characters. 7 are crew members of a ship, 4 are members of a secret army, 6 are members of a merc army, 1 is a fledgeling vampire wannabe and the other is a "just-for-fun" PI.

Besides, now I'm truly "inspired" to create a Vong defector.

Say, heres a crazy idea, what if the Vong applied to the Coruscant watch? or the GJO? I mean, if he wanted to defect then why shouldn't he want to do something "good"?
Okay, I doubt the GJO would let him in but the coruscant watch could benifit having a vong on thier team.

Sergeant Dirka Burckharf
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:47:52 AM
:lol ... oh wait you were serious?

I don't think the Vong are suited to being in the Watch :mneh

7 are crew members of a ship

Don't you find playing them all boring? I mean it can't be entertaining roleplaying with yourself.

Jandor
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:53:37 AM
Yeah it can be if I'm not careful. I tend to rp them while their on "shore leave" so I only really have no more then 2 or 3 rping at the same time.

And yeah, I know a TYPICAL Vong might not be suited but what about a weird one? If any Vong would get in, it would have to be a weird one now wouldn't it?
So how about it? Do you think we could give a Vong character a spin?
If he fails then fine, it'll be a prime example for future rp'ers.

Whadda you think?

Sergeant Dirka Burckharf
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:56:54 AM
I think you would need to do a lot of background work with the char first to establish why they'd turned away from all of the Vong beliefs.

Would also have to see what the Commander thinks :mneh

Jandor
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:59:41 AM
Okay, I'll give it a go.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:31:15 PM
btw Vong are of course force blind - they cannot be Force users, and Force users cannot sense them, as they come from a different galaxy and the Force is not in that galaxy (iirc).

Jedi/Sith Vong = oxymoron does not compute *head explodes*

Todd
Jun 22nd, 2003, 01:32:27 PM
Missah Vong! Missah Vong! *tugs on robe, steals wallet*

What time is it? *flees while he's looking for a chrono*

:crack

Charley
Jun 22nd, 2003, 04:16:31 PM
It is horrible, this idea .

/Samir

Not gonna say you can't, just that I wouldn't if I were in your shoes (shrug)

Todd
Jun 22nd, 2003, 04:41:52 PM
*nicks Agent Charley's sunglasses*

Charley
Jun 22nd, 2003, 04:52:52 PM
no*

*die

Skyler
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:03:59 PM
*lifts agent charley's earpiece*

Charley
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:06:57 PM
(watches as both thieves spontaneously combust) :cool

Todd
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:33:59 PM
:eek No fair!

Park Kraken
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:40:44 PM
If you are going to do a Yuuzhan Vong defector, make him like Rapuung-somebody instead of like Nom Anor. Rapuung was the guy who helped Anakin rescue Tahiri, and everyone kind of liked him, and respected him. Nom Anor? NoMan Or!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:45:21 PM
That was truly a horrible pun. Was it a pun? :x

:)

Skyler
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:50:26 PM
bleargh ^_^;

Park Kraken
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:26:33 PM
Ah, more like half and half that and a play on names.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 22nd, 2003, 08:47:39 PM
And it still wasn't funny.

Vong = SUCK. SUCK SUCK SUCK

And if I were you, I would just take one or two characters and play them well. Running huge amount of accounts and names just do not work. I know from long experience - which is why I have exactly three characters that I even post to now. I feel I can do the job properly and keep track what exactly my characters are and what they are doing.

Yeah, so repeating what Morgan and Lil said, for great truth.

Dae Jinn
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:07:54 PM
Why not think about what kind of character you most enjoy rping as and focus on making a really great one of those (Jedi, Sith, Vamp, whatever).

I've made accounts because I've had ideas, and they quickly die off. I only have 2 accounts that are active, and one is only active in a few rps at a time. It's easier (for me at least, I guess I'm a scatterbrain ^_^; ) to concentrate on one character at first, develope them into something and take it from there.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:10:59 PM
best to plot out what you want before you even make a character, decide their past, how they are and half those char ideas will not be used as you find that you can't find enough to do with them...

James Prent
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:23:52 PM
he already made the character so you're all wasting yer breaths. :p

And stop the vong hate, we already have a vong char. at this board anyway. And didn't the Vong cause the splintering of TGE? So. Be happy. ;)

Godmoding aside, its a valid species. Granted, its blind to the Force, and so can't be a Jedi, and there is only ONE, so generally I think it'll be pretty harmless. I think. Mebbe.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:05:09 PM
It doesnt belong in the SW galaxy, just like Midichoridians dont belong. If I wanted to read Star Trek, I would.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:14:27 PM
*ignores Marcus*

;)

Charley
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:21:23 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
It doesnt belong in the SW galaxy, just like Midichoridians dont belong. If I wanted to read Star Trek, I would.

As much as it may disagree with your perception, he's just as entitled to pursue it as you are the Lost Jedi. You aren't the definitive judge of what's in or out.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:35:46 PM
Did I say he couldnt do it? Did I say anything else other than an opinion? RCP.

Charley
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:42:34 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
It doesnt belong in the SW galaxy, just like Midichoridians dont belong.

That can be misleading to somebody new here, so I'd say otherwise.

Neyasha
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:49:52 AM
I know this is slightly off topic here, but I didn't want to start a new thread to bring this up....

Jandor... The drone that you 'Made' for the Test Run thread in the GJO Grounds, is a little far feched.

1. SW cloking devices are the size of a small transport and the specs were never let out to the public.

2. Force using droids can not be created. They are a random creation, and only one (to my knowlage) has ever existed. (4lom)

3. SW cloking devices make it so nothing can see in or out, so how would your drone move out ofthe way of ANYTHING.

Here is a link to the thread I am reffering to....

http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30236

Jandor
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:43:13 PM
Yeah I know all that.

Jandor gre up outside the republic so he would've came across alot of stuff that the republic doesn't have.

The drone uses a bio-gel based biological proccesor composite system, Kinda like an artificaial brain. Kinda like a simple cyborg only far more machine then bio, and the bio is artificial. It actually has biological AI and had a midachlorean count.

I know cloaking devices don't allow looking in/out but surely the force "permeates all living things throughout the galaxy" so a force user should be able to see through the cloak.

And besides, don't worry about it, it's just a very impressive hobby project which will serve no purpose other then to demonstrate Jandor's technical ability (a talk piece).

I'll make sure that it'll NEVER reach a practical level (too many bugs, blah blah blah.....).

Charley
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:10:55 PM
Originally posted by Jandor Tarvin
Yeah I know all that.

Jandor gre up outside the republic so he would've came across alot of stuff that the republic doesn't have.

The drone uses a bio-gel based biological proccesor composite system, Kinda like an artificaial brain. Kinda like a simple cyborg only far more machine then bio, and the bio is artificial. It actually has biological AI and had a midachlorean count.

I know cloaking devices don't allow looking in/out but surely the force "permeates all living things throughout the galaxy" so a force user should be able to see through the cloak.

And besides, don't worry about it, it's just a very impressive hobby project which will serve no purpose other then to demonstrate Jandor's technical ability (a talk piece).

I'll make sure that it'll NEVER reach a practical level (too many bugs, blah blah blah.....).

Is it time for us to have another talk, Mr. Tarvin? :cool

AmazonBabe
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:53:49 PM
I know cloaking devices don't allow looking in/out

I could argue this, actually, as TSO possess the technology to do this. And there is such a device in the SW universe that allows this.

It's a special crystal found on a planet that was destroyed by some Imperial I believe it was. It's location since being found by TSO has been kept secret so as not to get out.

Tondry and I had a BIG discussion on this and worked it out so it made sense in RPing aspects.

I'll have to have him refresh my memory on the specifics. The info can also be found in one of the SW Insider issues (I think it was like 3 issues ago, or something like that).

Jandor
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:00:25 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
Is it time for us to have another talk, Mr. Tarvin? :cool

Oh c'mon Charley, it's not like i'm gonna use it, just play with it. Besides, she's got a point.

*Takes cover behind AmazonBabe.*

IG-88
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:32:53 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Kraken
How about you create a:
Assassin Droid
Protocol Droid (Which, depending on annoyingness, can also serve the same purpose as an assassin droid)

If that purpose is being better than everyone else, then your conclusion is acceptable. Having known too many protocol droids, however, I am forced to derive from your statement that you believe otherwise. Please reconsider. I know where is is statistically probable for you to sleep at night.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:18:59 PM
I had a thought - more acceptable (to the vast majority) than a Vong and possibly easier and better to play would be a Yevethan. :crack I don't know anyone who's RPed one on the boards.

Taylor Millard
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:20:14 PM
I have...Yevethans are quite cool.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:23:09 PM
...Who asked you! :mad

;)

Park Kraken
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:33:17 PM
How about a Ssi-Ruuk? Or........LOLOLOLOLOL. I am going to creat a new RP character I just thought of. I think this is going to be hilarious.

Dae Jinn
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:03:32 PM
I played one of those before, on another board. If it's one of those big lizardy things :lol

What is a Yevethan?

Park Kraken
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:31:09 PM
If there is one alien species that could come closer to being the Yuuzhan Vong without actually becoming them, it would be the Yevetha. The species made their debut in the Black Fleet Crisis, and were killed off by the Yuuzhan Vong in Force Heretic II: Refugee.

Dae Jinn
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:36:55 PM
That tells me nothing! *sticks a clothes peg on Kraken's ear* :p

Anyone want to give me the non-go-read-a-frelling-book answer, plz? :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:45:37 PM
they were KILLED OFF?!

Why wasn't I notified!

Park Kraken
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:47:09 PM
:-P

The Yevetha are like taller versions of Noghri, with a lighter shade of gray, from their physical apperance. They have claws that they can extend from their forearms. (think wolverine, but with only the middle claw, with it being a little thicker, and serrated)
The view all outsiders as vermin, and were brought under Imperial authority. Around the time of the NR's capture of Coruscant, she recalled the Imperial blackfleet, which was stationed there, but the Yevethan slaves revolted, and captured the entire Imperial Fleet, including the SSD Intimidator. They were excellent engineers, and produced Armadia thrustships to complement of ships, but at the Battle of N'Zoth, their homeworld, against a 200+warship NR fleet, the Imperial slaves tunred around, captured back all of their ships with slave rigging, and jumped into the deep core. Yevetha were defeated, and all contact was cut off until Force Heretic II, when Jaina's squadron, Twin Suns I believe, went to investigate what had happened to the Yevetha, and see whether or not they rebuilt their fleet. They had, but only wreckage of it remained, there was wreckage from an estimated 3 to 6 thousand thrustships, and star destroyers in orbit around the three largest worlds, with N'Zoth reduced to smoldering ruin. They didn't find any Yuuzhan vong coral wreckage, with I take to mean Grutchins did most of the work.

Dae Jinn
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:47:54 PM
What are you, the SW Coroner? :lol

So, they were like Skeletonish with claws (according to Fett)? o_O That's just odd.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:25:41 PM
They were COOL. The leader got to mate with all these brood females and have bebes, and he killed young males who would volunteer themselves as sacrifices, because that was such a high honor, to be sacrificed for the leader. I think the egg sacs needed blood to feed off of or something.

They were truly terrifying. :D And for all effects and purposes, alive today, because I don't think that the goings on in the NJO books are reflected here at all.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:32:01 PM
^
DING DING DING DING! Correct.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:58:34 PM
As the books came out AFTER we started our timeline. So its more like an alternate universe than one that affects ours, if that makes sense.

Dae Jinn
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:38:04 PM
It does, LD.

And thanks for the explaination, Kraken, but since I know next to nothing about SW (except for the OT), it doesn't mean much :)

Vhiran Crescent
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:39:24 PM
FEAR ME! I AM.........ME! .................................... ::Looks around::

Gia Van Derveld
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:57:11 PM
Nakey man. *covets*

:)

Dae Jinn
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:07:05 PM
LMAO!

Thou shall not covet...nakey men! :mad

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:08:14 PM
what are we supposed to do with them then? :(

Pilot Akito
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:30:59 PM
Originally posted by Sorreessa Tarrineezi
what are we supposed to do with them then? :(

I'm sorry, is this a trick question or something just to get me slapped?
I can think up a 100 different responces to that, but all of them are bad...

Park Kraken
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:51:08 PM
Put them in Madonna's dressing room!

Park Kraken
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:35:03 PM
BTW, the new character I created, for those of you who have not met him, is a giant, 50 foot, half sentinent Rancor named Drachor. He can speak a few words, and carries a Heavy Turbolaser Cannon over his shoulder on a sling when he is on his little merc missions (gets paid with spiced up Bantha steak, and Traladons!)

Pierce Tondry
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:44:27 PM
Pierce Tondry's To Do list:

1.) Kill rancor.
2.) Chop rancor into pieces.
3.) Hold barbecue.

Park Kraken
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:00:29 AM
*Grabs Tondry, munches him into gooey blood red paste in mouth, then spits him into can*

Drachor says: "That is my version of Spitting Tabacco*

Pierce Tondry
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:02:36 AM
*Dodges.*

Park Kraken
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:26:15 AM
*Watches as paste he spit out of his mouth moves and misses the can he spat at*

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:44:04 AM
*laughs remembering the days of "you didn't kill me, that was my clone"* *has been here too long* :rolleyes

Pierce Tondry
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:51:45 AM
ROFL! OMG, that takes me back!

All the way back.. to the year 2000!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:52:43 AM
IN THE YEAR 2000!!!

Park Kraken
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:53:03 AM
*Grabs Sorr and devoures her. Realises he forgot to chew, and that she is still alive in his stomach*

*Coughs up hairball*

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:53:17 AM
BTW, the new character I created, for those of you who have not met him, is a giant, 50 foot, half sentinent Rancor named Drachor. He can speak a few words, and carries a Heavy Turbolaser Cannon over his shoulder on a sling when he is on his little merc missions (gets paid with spiced up Bantha steak, and Traladons!)

btw this was a joke, right?

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:54:01 AM
*rips her way out* could ya quit that?!

Park Kraken
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:56:12 AM
NO, this is for real character!!! He won't be able to do any spaceships RPs of course, but hilarious for the planet RPs!!!

Pierce Tondry
Jun 26th, 2003, 01:11:18 AM
Yeah, that's not gonna work. Rancors still haven't figured out that the trick to fire is to rub the sticks together. One competently wielding a turbolaser is utterly ludicrous.

Park Kraken
Jun 26th, 2003, 10:59:30 AM
My Rancor has. Unlike other Rancors of his kind, this Rancor was taken over by the Nightsisters instead of the Light sided force witches of Dathomir, and brutually experimented on. Now he is kinda sentinent, can't really speak, always hungry, has a couple of hand to hand combat moves, and knows how to operate a Heavy Turbolaser Cannon. I don't care who says otherwise.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 26th, 2003, 11:01:10 AM
Did he skip all the other days at school and just come in for the "How to operate a massive piece of technological machinery" class?

Diego Van Derveld
Jun 26th, 2003, 11:02:02 AM
My Rancor has. Unlike other Rancors of his kind, this Rancor was taken over by the Nightsisters instead of the Light sided force witches of Dathomir, and brutually experimented on. Now he is kinda sentinent, can't really speak, always hungry, has a couple of hand to hand combat moves, and knows how to operate a Heavy Turbolaser Cannon. I don't care who says otherwise.

I say otherwise. Don't pass go, and don't collect 200bux.

Park Kraken
Jun 26th, 2003, 11:15:43 AM
Oh come on, what about ridiciolous chars, such as Darth Bubbles? Besides, he is already participating in one RP thread. Also, my new, fully sentinent Wampa is raring to go. Along with my Space Slug, Sarlaac, so on...........

Charley
Jun 26th, 2003, 11:19:04 AM
Darth Bubbles is not a serious character, and does not participate in serious RP's.

Park Kraken
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:10:22 PM
So? Who said anything about my Rancor participating in serious RPs?

Park Kraken
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:15:31 PM
But for serious RPs, I will do a Krizlaw, the smaller, MUCH MORE intelligent version of the Rancor.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:16:39 PM
If said rancor does not participate in any serious RPs, then its fine. :)