PDA

View Full Version : If you have HBO put on the Lewis/Klitchko fight NOW!

JediBoricua
Jun 21st, 2003, 08:47:40 PM
NoW!!!!

250 pound guys hitting and hitting each other, relentlessly. YOu don't get many better heavyweight fights than this!!!

ReaperFett
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:00:05 PM
You missed it ;)

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:22:03 PM
Klitchko's eye = wow.

Lewis' post interview reminded me why I hate the guy.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:29:39 PM
I was pulling for Vitale :cry

Yeah, that cut was nasty.

I dont think its fair that vitale won by points but Lewis won by tko. Yes, I know the fight was called....but still.....:(

ReaperFett
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:32:16 PM
Problem is though Daiq, if a man getting injured can win by points, couldnt he ingure himself after a great two rounds to win?

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:37:32 PM
I'll just be glad when Roy Jones and Lewis finally fight, so Lewis will finally be knocked off his pedestal.

ReaperFett
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:39:55 PM
I don't mind him, he just sometimes has a habit of bypassing the brain :)

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:46:35 PM
He's pretty intelligent actually.

Just way too full of himself. Also beating Tyson senseless probably didn't help tame his ego any either.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:10:06 PM
Tyson should never have been allowed back in the ring! :verymad

LOL, did you hear Bob Costas' comment about Tyson? He said that since Tyson backed out of the fight with Lewis, he guessed he felt like he needed to fight someone so he beat up some guy who had 'called him (Tyson) out' outside of his home. lmao

JediBoricua
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:10:46 PM
I don't have a problem with Lewis, but I was rooting for Vidali.

It was a great fight for what is was worth. I hope Lewis has some balls and gives the guy a rematch.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:26:32 PM
Originally posted by JediBoricua
I hope Lewis has some balls and gives the guy a rematch. Lewis will go after the biggest money maker, which at this point would be a fight with Roy Jones.

CMJ
Jun 21st, 2003, 11:45:57 PM
Wish I coulda watched it. No HBO/Showtime or any of those premium channels though...

I wasn't paying 75 bucks(for the worst seats possible) to get in either.

JMK
Jun 22nd, 2003, 04:22:09 PM
Jones said if he wasn't going to be offered 100 million for a Lewis fight then don't bother asking him. And you can bet its because he knows he would take a beating, at least somewhat from Lewis. Lewis would get in shape for a fight against Jones, there's no way he shows up to that fight in the condition he was in last night.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:07:47 PM
why oh why won't they just come out like the WWE did and admit it's justs a male Soap Opera and be done with it?As much as I feel boxing is the 2nd most fixed entertainment, I had that glint of hope last night. Of course it got dashed like powder.But the good thing about it is alot of people's eye's are slowly getting opened after last night:rollin

ReaperFett
Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:14:40 PM
But the good thing about it is alot of people's eye's are slowly getting opened after last night
Yeah, Klitchko's for one ;)

BUFFJEDI
Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:41:17 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Yeah, Klitchko's for one ;) :lol :lol Only reaper:D

Lets go out on a limb here and say Boxing is on the up and up. Why stop the fight? sure his eye was a little cut But big deal. I had my right eye cut with a knife almost in the same spot.(story time :D )

I had just gotten finished playing Basketball at a local camp ground. I was shooting around with a kid maybe 10-12 years old,I was 17. Anyway as I was no more than 100 yards away from the court I heard a somewhat cry for help(more like a yelp) anyway I turned to see what was up and from my view point it appeared to be two guy's beating/messing with the kid I was shooting around with.Well to make a long story short,I went back pulled the kid back from them broke one guy's jaw and just about the exact same time as i heard one guy's jaw crack i felt a slight pain over my right eye.I felt what I really thougt was sweat get in my eye ,but of course was blood.before i could get the Ars hole he took of with his little punk friend who was crying like a baby off into the wooded area.

Ok what I'm trying to get to is you could pull my skin down and see the top of my eyeball.But I could see fine. I still played soccer the following week I my reaction time was not thrwon off a bit and of course it got reopened a few times,but no big deal(I refused to get stitches)

So why stop a fight where a guy's eye is cut But is stiil winning a few rounds after the fact because the ring doc said he could not see him,and if he could not see him how is he going to see lewis's punches?he was avoiding them just fine with the cut up to that point!!!

I tell you why , Klit was going to throw the fight ayway,Look he could have taken Lewis anytime after the 2nd round anytime.I think the powers that be got scared tha Klit would not throw the fight like planned and There would be No match with Jones and they would loose a PILE of money.So they got VERY lucky lewis caught Klit with the edge of the glove.

Anyway That's How I see it .Surely I can't be wrongo_O

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:19:26 PM
Originally posted by BUFFJEDI
Lets go out on a limb here and say Boxing is on the up and up. Why stop the fight? sure his eye was a little cut But big deal. I had my right eye cut with a knife almost in the same spot.(story time :D ) Well, I'm sure the cut had to of been pretty severe for them to stop a fight such as that one. They don't just stop fights like that unless there's a chance for serious injury, which was the case for Klitchko. He could have continued fighting, sure, just because he was running on adrenaline. And not taking anything away from your cut, but it's not like you were going to be getting pounded relentlessly on your injury like Klitchko would have been if he continued. Lewis would have definately focused on the eye if it had went on.

As for Lewis/Jones, I'm sure both of them would take a good beating, but I'm pretty sure Jones would come out as the new champ.

BUFFJEDI
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:34:23 PM
I agree Grev ,about what you are saying .But With all the numbing they do to thers body before fights and the adrenaline running wild I doubt he was feeling any pain.

But the fight was stopped because the Doctor said that Klit could not see.Looked to me he was seeing good enough to be pounding and avoiding Lewis.

Oh well. I didn't make anything off the fight one way or the other:mad

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:39:37 PM
Originally posted by BUFFJEDI
I agree Grev ,about what you are saying .But With all the numbing they do to thers body before fights and the adrenaline running wild I doubt he was feeling any pain.Yeah, he couldn't feel pain, but I'm talking about terminal injury in the long run.

JediBoricua
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:08:11 PM
I don't know Buff, but with all the accidents that have happened in boxing the last couple of years, and few people dying an all, officials are being extra careful when deciding to stop a fight.

He was sliced up real bad IMO, one of the sides was overlapping his eyelid and when the cutman pushed a q-tip at the wound in went in at lest half and inch.

Denali Gue
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:56:56 PM
...and he had a cut beneath his eye as well. It was a smart move but I still wish he could have kept on fighting :\