PDA

View Full Version : Matrix 2 Movie Mistakes.

Makoto Neo
Jun 21st, 2003, 12:15:56 PM
Before anyone goes shouting 'That's not right', I am uncertain that all of these rumors are true. Quite a few are, though.

In the scene where Neo is sitting on the bench next to the Oracle, there is one quick shot of the fence area where Smith comes in. In spraypaint on the metal fence it has "ONE" written across it diagonally up to the right. When the oracle leaves and Agent Smith comes through the fence entrance the spraypainted "ONE" has disappeared.

In the scene where Morpheus is sitting in the chair near the end of the movie giving his "War and fate" speech you can see the microphone and camera in his sunglasses. This is repeatedly seen during the whole scene.

During the car chase on the freeway a red Miata is seen on left side of the lane, the scene cuts to a frontal shot and the Miata can be seen in the back of the car, and then back to the left in the following scene.

During the freeway scenes, the sword Morpheus used as a foot hold to grab the keymaker keeps moving. It was at arms length from the top when he inserted it; when Morpheus was standing on it, the sword was a whole body length below the top; when Morpheus took the sword out in his fight against the agent, it was back in its original position.

During the car chase, the albino twins shoot out most of the windows in the car that Trinity and Morpheus are driving in. But every time they cut to a shot of them inside of the car, the windows are intact and there is no shattered glass to be seen.

After Niobe's car windshield gets smashed by Morpheus we see a side view of Morpheus jumping from Niobe's car to the semi truck. In this view we can see that Niobe's windshield is no longer broken.

In the highway fight scene between Morpheus and an Agent, the truck they are riding passes the same energy plant seen in the background at least twice. And at times it seems they are about to pass it and in another shot it's far away again.

In the 100 agent Smith fight, you can see that there are many Smiths that don't look like Smith at all. Also, for the ones that have Smiths face digitally painted on them, when they turn around you can see that the backs of their heads are all different. And if you look closely you'll notice that some of the broken benches are suddenly fixed again.

When Neo flies away from the hundred Smiths, we see the Smiths watch and start to wander their seperate ways but if you watch the Smiths as they walk off (except for the last three) their hair changes from Smith's style to the style of the stuntmen used for the sequence.

There is never any gasoline in any car or motorcycle that is transported on a truck. How did Trinity steal it?

When Trinity is riding on the motorcycle and being chased by the police, she dodges a car which is shown crossing the lanes and heading for a head on collision with the police cars. But when the scene switches to a reverse angle during the chase, the car is still in the lane and has yet to cross over.

When Neo first steps off the Nebuchadnezzar and is walking away from the camera, he has no data hookup port on the back of his head whatsoever. It is not further up on his head or partially covered by his hair, it is missing entirely.

In the second scene, Morpheus's connection that is supposed to be in the back of his neck is missing, and Neo's connection is farther up on his head, covered by his hair now.

In the scene at the restaurant when they meet with Merovingian, he and his wife have a chair between them, but in another shot from behind them, they are sitting right next to each other.

Befor Neo goes to see the Oracle, he must fight the keeper. They start fighting on the tables. The tables have bowls on them. You can see one of the bowls gets kicked hard and then re-appears 2 shots later.

During the car chase on the freeway, an agent does a spectacular jump onto the hood of a moving car, crushing it and causing it to flip over. As the car flips over, you can see that there is no driver in it. You can also see that the gas tank of the car used in the stunt had been removed before the scene.

In the scene where Trinity and the Keymaker are being chased by the agents on the freeway watch closely when the left rear tire gets blown out. First you see the car riding on the rim, then in the next shot the tire is perfect again, but when the car comes to a stop the tire is flat again.

When Trinity and Neo have sex, the plug on the back of Neo's head is much larger than in any other scene.

When Persephone is in the bathroom she is re-applying her pale colored lipstick and talking to the crew. But in the followong scene, when she exits the bathroom, you can see a visible dark outline around her lips. Where did the dark line come from? She only was shown using lipstick and not applying a lip liner.

When Agent Smith stands in the way of Neo, Morpheus and the keymaker, in the close up of Smith's face you see that his glasses reflect an empty corridor, although the 3 other people are supposed to be standing right in front of him.

At the beginning of the fight scene between Neo and the henchmen, they shoot probably hundreds of bullets at him, out of many weapons. Assault rifles, and submachineguns both. When you see the bullets, they all look the same caliber and length. Not all SMGs fire the same caliber, and there are certainly no cartridges common to Assault Rifles and SMGs.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 21st, 2003, 12:17:38 PM
This belongs in the Box Office Forum...I think...

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 21st, 2003, 12:32:52 PM
Unless some people don't check boxoffice.

Anyway, I haven't even seen the movie yet but I might keep this list open later today when I finally do get around to watching it.

Sejah Haversh
Jun 21st, 2003, 07:08:58 PM
Back to the sword scene, it is also missing when thet pan around the truck is done, and magically changes sides of the truck it was on, as well as ends. It moved from the driver's side to the passenger's side, and from the middle to the rear of the truck.

Oh, and he used it in his left hand. GAH! I hate that one!

ReaperFett
Jun 21st, 2003, 07:19:06 PM
When Trinity and Neo have sex, the plug on the back of Neo's head is much larger than in any other scene.
He was pleased to see her! ;)

Pierce Tondry
Jun 22nd, 2003, 04:39:37 PM
The biggest mistake of all? The scene where Neo has to fight a hundred copies of the same guy!

Joke! It's a joke! Down, you Agent Smith fans or I'll throw you through the nearest firewall!

On the bullets issue: although it's true that there are many different types of bullets, perhaps the Matrix has programs that imitate the different types, but only has one skin for them? :) I know it sounds silly, but it's possible.

I also wouldn't put it past Smith's sunglasses to have some odd property that reflects something about Smith at times, as opposed to the world around him.

Not that I seriously believe those. They're just possibilities from my wayward mind.