PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Official Spoiler Thread read at own peril

sirdizzy
Jun 21st, 2003, 12:28:01 AM
oh my god harry dies, harry dies

ok JMC told me to make a thread where ya can reveal all the spoilers you like without people whining at you for doing so, well i just got my book so when i am done reading a little me talk about spoilers in here

sirdizzy
Jun 21st, 2003, 02:54:36 AM
well i've read the first 3 chapters and am glad lupin is back, him and black are my favorite characters

i hope there not of the people Rowling kills off

not too much happening yet just setting up for the book

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 21st, 2003, 05:05:05 AM
Lets say I now know and who dies is unexpected and it sucks.

sirdizzy
Jun 21st, 2003, 06:08:24 AM
wow your farther then me, i can sleep so i read another 2 chapters, now on chapter 6

Charley
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:39:17 AM
Hermione dies :cool

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:57:10 AM
Char-burger, I'm gonna come over there and slap you. :p

Sanus Paean
Jun 21st, 2003, 12:30:00 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Lets say I now know and who dies is unexpected and it sucks.

Is it Snape???

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 21st, 2003, 12:31:11 PM
I found her pretty annoying in the movies anyway.

Charley
Jun 21st, 2003, 01:37:15 PM
Originally posted by Sanus Paean
Is it Snape???

No, its HERMIONE, like I said before.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 21st, 2003, 01:39:00 PM
It might not be. Have you actually read the book and found that out?

Charley
Jun 21st, 2003, 01:41:20 PM
Yes :cool

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 21st, 2003, 01:46:17 PM
Did Hagrid eat her?

Charley
Jun 21st, 2003, 01:51:09 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 21st, 2003, 04:24:31 PM
Nice attempted troll :p

No, Fuzzy hair is definantly alive at the end of the book.

It's Doggy Boy who snuffs it

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 21st, 2003, 05:57:36 PM
Ah yes, Doggy Boy. One my favored characters in the book.

edit: Doggy Boy?

Charley
Jun 21st, 2003, 07:01:59 PM
Lupin?

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 21st, 2003, 07:03:21 PM
Hmm.. I just finished the book. Charley must have a different edition than mine. I like what happens to the New Defense of the Dark Arts teacher. That was great!

And no it's not Lupin.

Kelt Simoson
Jun 21st, 2003, 07:05:10 PM
<< 3 quarters way though the book and i can saftely say it aint Hermione. :)

Charley
Jun 21st, 2003, 07:29:13 PM
Actually I honestly don't give a crap about it, and like jerking HP fanboy chains :cool

Kelt Simoson
Jun 21st, 2003, 07:43:39 PM
:rolleyes

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 21st, 2003, 08:30:10 PM
Originally posted by QuiGonJ
Hmm.. I just finished the book. Charley must have a different edition than mine. I like what happens to the New Defense of the Dark Arts teacher. That was great!

And no it's not Lupin. You can go ahead and say who dies if you want. This after all is a spoiler thread.

sirdizzy
Jun 21st, 2003, 08:33:47 PM
it does say read at your own peril, i think i better syat out of here for several days myself

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:06:27 PM
Sirius dies.

:/

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:54:47 PM
And I am sitting here wondering just what Charley does like these days, since he never seems to have a nice word about anything lately.

And yes, it's Sirius, but you do wonder if there's any major harm that's been done to Hermione.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:55:25 PM
Yeah I just finished he did it was awful :( I thought at the end he might come back as a ghost he still could I suppose we really didn't get the answer to that question that I hoped. Well at least Lucius went to Azkaban but I know he and the other Death Eaters will escape with the Dementors now gone. Also I was glad what happenend to that new DADA I hated her she was awful she was so wicked the way she treated everybody. Also finally what does everyone think about the prophecy I kinda of figured that out I knew Voldemort was after Harry about now there is this whole thing about Neville is there any chance Dumbledore could be wrong?

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:59:06 PM
I tend to doubt it on Dumbledore being wrong, but I think Neville will grow up and come into his own, which is a nice touch.

As for that horrid DADA, that whole detention thing grossed me out. Seems Dumbledore or McGonagall woulda had something to say about such torture tactics.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:04:30 PM
I know Harry should have complained about that that was just horrible. I don't think DD is wrong either I think Neville is important to the series however. How about the whole romance angle? I knew that Cho-Harry was destinated for Faliure have no clue who is in the future for Harry, Ginny seems logical but it could be somebody else. I still think Ron and Hermoine will get together there were still some hints of that but there didn't seem to be anything building between them. Finally I felt a lot sympathy for Professor Snape after this book it was awful what Harry's father did to him and he seems to have had a very lonely childhood I still think he will surprise Harry. Really he already did, he did help Harry towards the end, I think Harry just wants to blame him for Sirus.

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:14:46 PM
I agree on Snape, that really blew. I agree with Hermione we are waaay past the part where Snape could be any form of villian.

I really liked how Ginny is rounding out as a person, and seems in a number of ways to be growing up quicker than the main trio is. And Cho, the handling of that somehow mirrored real teenage life than say, the WB (Buffy/Smallville) versions of such relationships. I have a feeling we won't know till the end how things turn out romantically. After what he was told, he might just close off that section of his life till he deals with his destiny issue.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:19:23 PM
Thats quite possible we might get more into Hermoine-Ron for a romantic story which might be easier to do. I agree with Snape, I don't know why Ron keeps blaming him :p I understand partly why Harry can't get past it, Snape does treat Harry horrible, maybe that will change in book 6 somewhat, towards the end he actually agreed to give Harry points, I found that shocky and during those Occillinus(sp) lessons he didn't seem that hard on Harry to me except a few times like when Harry kept saying Voldemort.

Charley
Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:21:38 AM
Originally posted by QuiGonJ
And I am sitting here wondering just what Charley does like these days, since he never seems to have a nice word about anything lately.

I dig on HP and I express reservations about Galaxies, whoa I must be so negative about life, plz kill me yeah.

Thx Freud!

At any rate, its just a little fun at the expense of HP fans. I don't like it, sure...but I generally leave it well enough alone. Maybe its just that the things you really really like are strongly correlated with things that I don't like. Nah, that couldn't be it at all.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:32:42 AM
What does everybody think about Percy? He was a real jerk in this book, I know Fudge has come around at the end finally (I don't think he had any choice) but Percy is different he might go to Voldemort's side it wouldn't surprise me. Also there are the Goblins I have a feeling they with the Demators will be with Voldemort, still not sure about the Giants they either will stay out of it or might come to help the Ministry in the end.

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:26:10 AM
Hey, I just asked what you do like Charley.... that's all. Right back atcha, Jung. :p

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling the final battle will outstrip Helm's Deep in scope. With the goblins, I don't know, I never paid much attention to all the Goblin Rebellions, but now that you mention it, that does seem to come up a lot.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:35:43 AM
I know plus Bill mentioned that the Goblins would like their freedom and perhaps Voldemort might offer them that, its hard to say plus they mentioned those stories from the Quibbler (I am sure they aren't true) about Goblins being tortured by Fudge if that got to them who knows what could happen.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:30:35 PM
Ok, I recieved my book at 2 and finished it by 8.

Overall, it's strange how many of my personal predictions (Percy disowning his family, Parry and Cho, Neville coming into his own, Bill and Fleur, dementors on Privet drive etc...) are bang on. Still, Umbridge really cheesed me off. The detention mutilation punishment was really cruel, and it surprised me how bitter Harry was even at the very start of the book. I really appreciate how none of the characters are of epic proportions, for example, Snape is not wholy without a reason to be mean to Harry just like James and Lily are not perfect people either. I am still a fan of Ginny and Harry getting together. It just seems so logical, especially in that moment where she is talking about her experience being posessed by Voldemort.

Fudge is an absolute paranoid dork in this book, as I expected, but I didn't expect how little we would see of Dumbledore. I guess the explanation at the end makes sense, but the prophecy is so ambiguous. It could be Neville, that would really be a twist.

Wow, overall, a great book.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 22nd, 2003, 08:29:55 PM
I don't think its Neville personally but you never know ;) Also I predict Book 6 will be a blood bath I think Voldy and the Death Eaters will get their revenge for what happened at the end of book 5 I betting now that either Hagrid or Dumbledore will go down in Book 6. I also think Lupin will die before the end because of the Wormtail with the Silver hand might not happen till 7 though. Also I think a Weasley will die not sure which one, I Pray Ron makes to the end.

JediBoricua
Jun 22nd, 2003, 08:59:29 PM
Ok they book started well, by the middle I was loosing it, kinda hit a halt. We know Umbridge is mean, move along! But after the first Quidditch Match everything was awesome! Book three is still my favorite, but I liked this one more than GoF.

I wouldn't have believed that it was going to be Sirius biting the dust, I though Harry needed a break from all his suffering. But I can really see him being a completely different person by book 6. He has matured the hard way, he will now think of all the possibilites before acting and will hopefuly be less stubborn.

The tempo and atmosphere of this book was completely different, although a few funny moments, there was always a gloomy feeling while I was reading it. It just felt sinister, nice writing J.K.

Sean Piett
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:45:33 PM
I sort of suspected Sirius of being the victim a little through the book, which definatly built a lot on him. There wasn't that much focus on Hagrid, Lupin, or the Weasley parents.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:47:57 PM
Yeah it was Harry being mean at the beginning was different. I didn't like how he treated Ron and Hermione. I also liked how Ron was shown I enjoyed seeing him be the hero of Quidditch instead of Harry that was cool :) I also first hated that song but loved how it was used later when they beat Ravenclaw.

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:03:18 PM
I just wonder what will happen with Draco... why would he stick around Hogwart's now that his dad has been arrested. Just seems odd.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:35:09 PM
Well I know Lucius will escape as Draco said still I don't know maybe his father wants them their to spy on Harry.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:14:40 PM
I also wonder if Lucius will try to get his revenge on someone in the OOTP. If he did I suspect it will either be the Weasleys or Hermoine's parents. My guess is it will be what Arthur Weasley described in GOF with him coming home and seeing the dark mark over his house, if that happens it will be Mrs. Weasley. I also could see Ron and Draco facing off if that happens probably in book 7.

Droo
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:34:27 PM
I would probably burn my collection if they killed off Mrs Weasley, she's my favourite character in the series. Absolutely hilarious. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:02:08 PM
I have to say Snape has become my favorite character. He reminds me of Hermione actually. James Potter was a lot like Malfoy with his bullying.

I think that sirius and Snape have the same problem - when they see Harry, they see James. Harry is not James, he is definantly different.

Good book. quite different. I liked it

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:35:29 PM
Snape is my second favorite character next to Ron. I didn't like how Ron got treated at first, he struggled at quidditch but he became the hero :) that was great change in the song. I also liked how he became Prefect. About Snape I agree he is very complex character I loved finding out more about him, I actually sympathized with him, man James was sure a jerk at 15, I guess he changed later on. I am still wondering what Snape is doing for Dumbledore and what he did to gain Dumbledore's trust? Maybe we will learn these things in Book 6.

imported_QuiGonJ
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:20:28 AM
Oh yeah, how many of you wanna bet 2 knuts that Delores Umbrage is somehow in cahoots with the Dark Lord?

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:48:07 AM
I think she might have been under the Imperius Curse possibly but anything is possible.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:13:44 PM
hmm, nobody sees the Herminie and Harry plotline eh? I noticed it several times throughout all the books, I think Hermy is gonna go with Harry moreso than Ron....I dunno but the whole Sirius not being able to come back as a ghost didn't seem to be explained quite right, I still think he'll come back in ghost form considering prolly ppl will write her demanding him brought back....of all the ppl, Sirius was the one I didn't want to die, why that one?!

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:34:49 PM
Well to me the clues point to Ron for Hermoine, her and Harry just seem to be friends he doesn't feel about her that way. Ron I think has a thing for her but he doesn't know how to tell her. Also their are clues in the book like Ron gives Hermoine perfume for Christmas that is a sign to me.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:41:12 PM
I dunno, just subtle things I notice in reading the books that point to Hermy(I can't remember how to spell her name, sorry) I didn't notice them my first time in reading all the books but when I read them all again after reading the 4th one last year, it just kinda started to jump out at me, I can't remember certain instances but tis there.....

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:47:01 PM
Well to me there is just a strong friendship there, I think there is more there with Ron look at the whole Yule Ball incident in GOF. Also I wonder if Harry will want to fall in love anyway until the end of the book considering his situation, especially after Sirus.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:51:13 AM
I have to say there is some hostility in that romance thing because going over to a Harry Potter board I see a 50-50 split almost on the ones who want Hermoine with Ron and those who want her with Harry. It would be funny if she went with neither :p I wonder how they react.

Sene Unty
Jun 26th, 2003, 08:53:10 PM
Hermione needs to end up with Ron....they are made for each other. They bicker like a married couple....:D

As for Harry and Cho...:( I kept screaming at him. He never seemed to know what to say at the right times.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:00:01 PM
LOL I know he brought up Hermoine while on a date that was smart :p Yeah I agree with you about Ron and Hermoine they seem perfect to me together :)

Zeke
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:23:45 PM
I liked it alot, I guess, even though I spent most of my time being royally ticked off about something in it. I can't think of how to address everything with smooth transitions, so I'm going to randomly change from one opinion to the next as it occurs to me to talk about them.

Sirius dying was almost too obvious to me. The whole book revolves around making Harry as miserable as possible, so that was a logical step.

My opinion of Umbrige is not rated for this forum. Mebbe if there's a Harry Potter thread going at Meras I might express it, but otherwise just know that I hate her worse than I've hated Snape and the Malfoys combined. I hate them hate them hate them. May they burn.

I wish there had been more of Dumbledore, sorta like Yoda didn't do quite as much as I had expected in Episode II, but the Dumbledore versus Voldemort fight in the last of the book was quite excellent, and sorta made up for it.

Hermione and Ron seem more likely than Hermione and Harry. Cho and Harry had a little going for them, but the scene in the tea shop struck so close to home I wrote it off then in there. I don't like the idea of Ginny and Harry dating, and I think Harry will go single until the very very end.

Neville was cool. Now that I think on it, so were Lupin, Moody, and especially...TONKS! :D Of all the new characters presented, I definitely liked Tonks the best, though Kingsley kept bringing to mind an image of Mace Windu brandishing a wand, so he takes 2nd place for the best new character award. The Dursleys--or at least Petunia--were somewhat more tolerable in this book, and I loved how Moody got the better of them at the end of it. I've already told you how Umbridge is the worst new character, so Kreacher gets runner up for that one.

Fred, George, and Peeves are my new heroes, as their wonderful pranks and trouble making were just the thing to ward off my foul temper at the tyrannical High Inquistor and her lackeys. Better still was McGonagall restoring Gryffindor to the first place in points at the end with her 50 x 5 point awards.

Firenze WTF'ed me. I had totally forgotten that guy existed.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:44:33 PM
It was cool to see Firenze again. What about Lockhart? That scene was hilarious with him he is still ham even without his memory :p I disagree with you about Snape he is nothing like Lucius Malfoy. Snape is a good guy he is on Dumbledore's side I actually sympathized with him in this book I see now why he despised James and Sirus and I am not sure if I blame him.

Zeke
Jun 26th, 2003, 10:06:18 PM
The anti-Snape bias is stuck on me from the previous four books, and though he did more good than harm in this one, I still can't bring myself to put him in the good guy pile just yet.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 26th, 2003, 10:22:26 PM
LOL I understand I have always been a Snape fan he is a great character, I feel he is a good guy I hope we get more about him book 6 I really want to know how and why he started spying on Voldemort.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 27th, 2003, 12:39:21 AM
liked this book the best honestly, the new people were neat, was interesting to see how Sirius and James were like a bit more when they were younger and like JMC said, I'd like to see the whole what Snape did back then in book 6...

and random quote..."...ten points off because I don't like you, Potter...."

sirdizzy
Jun 27th, 2003, 04:01:20 AM
damn it damn it damn it

i just finished the book and i knew they were going to kill either black or lupin my favorite 2 characters in the series

it was really enjoyable for me to see james and black torture snape since snape has been so miserable throughout the books, but i kept expecting harry to come to some type of reconcilation with him because he felt so aweful at how snape was treated and knows how it felt to be snape

honestly i could have gone with one of the weasleys dieing even ron, i would have missed hermione but the two i love the most as charcters are lupin and black and of course they kill black

who else was a little a <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ed we didn't get to see harry's result on the owls i mean they spend several chapters on them and we never get to see how he did, or ron or hermione

i was a little disappointed harry and the DA didn't do better against the death eaters i wanted to see them wipe the floor with them, altheough they held their own very well

this is my second favorite book in the series my favorite being prsioner of azkabam because like i said i love lupin and black

sirdizzy
Jun 27th, 2003, 04:02:31 AM
oh and i think neville is going to turn out to be one of the greatest aurors and biggest help to harry in the fight against voldermont

Zeke
Jun 27th, 2003, 07:24:42 AM
I was surprised that the kids did as well as they did, Dizzy. They would have done better, but as the adults are more magically powerful and have more experience, they were sort of destined to win it from the start. And I agree, it's lame that we won't know the results of their O.W.L.s until the next book. And judging from how long it took to write number 5, number 6 will be out a few years after Episode III...|I

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2003, 10:57:52 AM
They announce the OWLs in July after they leave for the term, My guess is that we will find that out in the beginning of Book 6. Right now I think that will be out 2005 at the latest, Rowling has already started it and has said it won't take as long as Book 5. Also Dizzy shame on you about Ron, if they killed him or Hermoine I be very mad. Sure I like Black but he is more of a secondary character who was more important to Harry than anything else and I was okay with his death though I was very sad over it, I would have been a lot madder if they killed off one of the kids.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 27th, 2003, 12:27:43 PM
Yes, I agree. Plus, given that JKR doesn't arbitrarily name people, Hermione has to survive and so do Ron and Harry. Hermione, of course, is the name of a character in Shakespeare's play A Winter's Tale. She is a woman who has two men fight over her... anyone else see a future plot point?

sirdizzy
Jun 27th, 2003, 12:54:34 PM
i don't want to see them kill anyone was the point, but i was so hoping it would not be bllack as the book went along i kept hoping it woule be someone else

like for awhile it looked like it might be hagrid, then dumbledore, then neville, then hermione which scared the crap out of me as she is my 3rd favorite character behind black and lupin

and i like ron he adds a lot to the series but i would rather see him die then black, lupin, hermione or harry

the owls really ticked me off though becuase now i am so damn curious to the results and it will be at least 2 years before we see another book

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2003, 04:25:29 PM
I know that sucks I wish she would hurry it up :p Ron is my favorite and I don't want to see him die the same with Snape he is a close second and sometimes I like him better (because he is such a complex character). Personally I think the main three will survive much like Luke-Leia and Han survived in the OT I see a parrell there. And about the love triangle I hope she doesn't go there I really don't like love triangles because they have been very overdone in movies and literature.

sirdizzy
Jun 27th, 2003, 06:04:44 PM
well they are so important to each other, they are like one complete puzzle that is 3 peices

harmione is the brains and the sense, harry is the bravery and gusto the glue that keeps em all together, and ron is the humility and down to earthness

they each give each other something hermione helps them by calming harry and giving sense to some of the madcap things they do and also the smarts to get them trhough school, harry adds the excitement and madcapness they need and ron is the family harry never had as well as keeping things in prospective for him

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2003, 06:26:36 PM
Hey thats a good way to look at probably shows they are safe in the next book at least, I can't see a HP book without one of them.