PDA

View Full Version : Changing Hands (Dalethria)

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 20th, 2003, 09:59:33 AM
It wasn’t hard to find people in Bast. After all, the Hand was small in numbers and all most all of its members were so strong in the Force that their signatures could be felt like pulsing beacons from a mile off. Currently wandering the halls and trying to find his way to one presence in particular, Vega ran his fingertips along the walls of the thin hallway and hummed a tune to himself – he knew from experience that the ghosts despised this, and so he did it whenever he could.

The person he was looking for was one Dalethria Mal Pannis, whom he’d encountered on a few occasions at best. Considering the two had both been members of the Sith Empire for some time, and probably lived in close quarters – whilst on Munto Codru – it was surprising, at least to Vega that they’d not spoken more often. Hopefully he hadn’t done anything to warrant this; otherwise his visit to her today wouldn’t turn out as planned.

knockknock

Aliandra Mal Pannis
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:06:16 AM
:: Heightened hearing picked up the patter of feet going off in various directions that made no sense. It stopped a few feet before the door momentarily until Vega heard a small thud against the door ::

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:13:02 AM
He was about to knock again – then paused, remembering what advice he’d been given on last visiting Dalethria’s estate. Quirking an eyebrow, he leant in a little towards the door. There was someone, or something, on the other side. Tracing a hand down the grain of the woodwork he inhaled deeply, trying pick up a scent … not so familiar.

“… Hello?”

Aliandra Mal Pannis
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:18:48 AM
:: Nothing was heard for quite sometime. Everything was still until ..."

"Who is it???"

:: the voice was tiny, but held a lot of authority ::

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:21:52 AM
Pulling back away from the door, the Lupine’s face twisted with confusion. If that was Dalethria, she sounded different.

“It’s-”

He cleared his throat.

“It’s Vega.”

Aliandra Mal Pannis
Jun 20th, 2003, 08:16:02 PM
:: there was a huff, a few clicks near the side of the door and slowly it creaked opened. Two feet from the bottom, a tiny hand wrapped around the edge before a head appeared.

It was Aliandra.

She ignored Vega for the time being and look to her left, then right ... checking to see if the coast was clear with narrow eyes. Finally, Ali looked up at the Lupine Dark Jedi with eyes that narrowed further ::

"Had to make sure. Ghosties like to play jokes on me."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 21st, 2003, 04:03:40 AM
Vega had been staring straight forward a few moments before he eventually trailed his gaze downwards.

“Ah… yes, they like to do that.”

The slightly perplexed expression turned into a small smile.

“... Ahum, I was looking for Dalethria… she wouldn’t happen to be here, would she?”

Aliandra Mal Pannis
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:52:09 AM
"Well, duh ... Mommy lives here too. :rolleyes Come on!"

:: Alia grabbed Vega's hand and led him inside. It wasn't anywhere near as extravagant like her mansion on Meras, but it was the Mal Pannis' home away from home. The blackened stone walls were still barren but there was ample furniture in the main room to give it a lived in look. There was a soft creamed colored rug that covered most of the floor to provide some comfort when walking, or if a child of two, a place to sit on the floor when playing. Some of her toys were littered about but the Lupine found something that caught his attention.

There was a stuffed animal that looked suspiciously like her father. The green troll like qualities with an axe strapped to his back was a dead give away ::

"Wait here. I go get mommy."

:: she began to hop forward but stopped, and looked back with a serious expression, well trying to act all authoritative ::

"No touch nothing!"

:: then a smile ::

"Pwease!" :D

:: and then disappeared around a corner, heading towards her mother's bedroom ::

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:24:59 AM
Vega folded his arms behind his back as he looked around the room. Most people found situations like this unnerving, but Vega could roll with it and just relax. He had no inhibitions about looking around either and couldn’t help but smirk when his eyes fell onto a rather familiar looking form. Ignoring the little girl requests he called the Ogre bear to his hand and examined it with a growing grin.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:49:08 AM
Vega's examination of the little Ogre doll did yielded a surprising fine. When he pressed the belly a deep voice growled OGRE SMASH!!!

"Awww, how cute."

Dalethria entered the room, with Alia in her arms, just in tim.e

"Didn't know you played with toys, Vega."

She laughed at the situation but Alia was more then a little upset.

"MOMMY! I told him not to touch anything! Especially Daddy!" :(

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:53:03 AM
“Cute?”

Setting the little troll back down carefully, Vega gave a slight shrug of his shoulders. He didn’t think the little green monstrosity was cute, but whatever floated their collective boat.

“I’m not interrupting anything am I?” he asked, trying to make it seem at least that he cared a little.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:00:32 PM
Raising a brow, she shrugged and put Alia down, who raced over and picked up her doll. Her face was all puckered up mad when she looked up at Vega to stick her tongue out at him.

"Big puppy meany!"

She huffed and sat down to amuse herself by having Daddy smash the other toys in the area :D

Now that Alia was content, Dalethria sat down on the leather couch and narrowed her eyes at Vega,

"You're not a social butterfly, never were. You're here for a reason so you can drop the charade of being nice and tell me what it is you want."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:10:45 AM
“Fair enough,”

This blunt approach made him smile. He brought his hands together at his waist and began.

“Well… I feel as though a change is needed. My current place within the Hand is not one that I am comfortable with, you see, and I have summarized that what is needed to rectify this is a new person to instruct me, if you will. A new Master.”

One hand motioning forward, “You.”

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:35:33 PM
"Really now?"

Dalethria thought to herself how amusing this situation was. She outstretched her arms across the back of the couch, tapping either hand against it in time smiling.

"Does Hobgoblin agree with your assessment of how ... stagnant your life has become ... or is this news only to me?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:40:20 AM
“As far as I am aware the Hobgoblin is of the belief that I left his tutelage long ago,”

Vega shifted his weight from one foot to the other, suddenly feeling a little uncomfortable, and as though he was on show.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:34:09 AM
"Well, then that takes care of any old baggage I suppose."

She snorted and stopped her hands. Then her head turned upwards as if having a conversation mentally with someone who wasn't there.

Dalethria rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Anyway ... You've hit a dead end and need me to help ascend you to the next level. We're just a little confused on why your choice was me. Admittedly, my resume has been short as of late ..."

Alia looked up when she felt her mother's eyes upon her and :D

"... but for good reasons."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:30:00 AM
“Your reputation itself would be a good enough reason for me … I watched you train people at the Empire, I’ve seen what you can do, and undoubtedly since then you’ve improved. Plus, the fact that you’re tied in with the whole chaos shtick helps.”

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 27th, 2003, 03:54:47 PM
"Yes."

She agreed.

"Undoubtedly... But ..."

Tongue in cheek, her brows raised in wonderment.

".. I never heard my Sister's crusade called the 'Whole Chaos Shtick'. Best not to mention it in such terms if Sorsha drops by while we train."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 28th, 2003, 01:28:30 PM
“I was just, ah, generalizing,” he gave a dismissive way of one hand. A smirk turned into a smile as he spoke.

“I know not to test your Sisters will or patience. Whatever people say, I’m not that stupid.”

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 29th, 2003, 12:42:28 PM
That got a laugh.

"Well said."

She grew more relaxed and offered Vega a seat.

"Now then ... what does the Lord Van-Derveld wish for and how can I help you to achieve it?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 29th, 2003, 12:58:35 PM
Dropping down with a thud into the seat, which groaned slightly, Vega instantly become more relaxed, shifting a little to get comfortable. Nupraptor had once called him a country bumpkin for his abuse of people’s hospitality - Vega just liked to think of himself as not being prude.

“You know I’m not quite sure… I feel a little goal-less right now. I’ve got all this energy buzzing about,” he remarked, lifting one gloved hand to examine his fingertips, “and nothing to do with it.”

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 30th, 2003, 06:01:34 PM
She cocked her head to the side.

"Hmm... And if you could do anything you'd want with that energy, what would it be?"

Dalethria leaned forward on the couch with an inquisitive face.

"Come now... First thing that comes to your mind. What is it?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:06:11 AM
Blowing out a breath, Vega shook his head slightly.

“I just need more control over the raw stuff, more strength to it all,” he rambled, voicing his thoughts – a little voice in the back of his mind was still dearly wanting to hand Anbira his what for, and Vega would need a lot more tricks up his sleeve for that.

“… I don’t know.”

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 6th, 2003, 09:40:11 AM
She scowled.

"Unexceptable."

Dalethria stood and picked Alia up who was rather confused. When she looked at her mother, her features began to softened as she then understood.

"Wait here, Vega."

His Master disappeared and five minutes later, returned and walked past the Lupine ...

"Come on."

.. and right out the door.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 6th, 2003, 09:48:14 AM
Pushing himself up to his feet quickly, Vega followed obediently out into the hall, behind Dalethria.

“Where’re we going?”

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 6th, 2003, 07:45:37 PM
She didn't look behind to answer.

"Does it matter? You wanted to do something ... Correct?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 7th, 2003, 09:17:59 AM
The Lupine raised his hands defensively as he caught up pace with Dalethria.

“Yes, I was just curious. No need to get shirty.”

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:26:32 AM
She stopped abruptly where Vega almost ran into her.

"I'm not being that way. Try having a few dozen voices in your head and see how you act?"

Dalethria turned on her heel and held out a hand.

"Now ... do we want tropical ..."

And then the other.

"... or temperate?"

Vega didn't seem to understand. She was being rather vague.

"Planet! What kinda planet did you want to cause some havok on?"

She answered with a gleam in her eyes.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:34:51 AM
A quick and easy choice to make, most definitely. After months spent under Fascinataru’s blanket of snow, Vega would of course pick:

“Tropical - but why do we need to go to another planet? As much as I like stirring up trouble, I fail to see how this will help me.”

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:23:02 PM
"Well ..."

She shrugged.

"... as much as it would be to teach you mind games on our Brothers and Sisters ..."

Dalethria elbowed Vega in the side with a grin.

".. I don't think they'd appreciate it much! Besides ..."

The Dark Jedi cast a scowl at seemingly nothing in particular.

"I'm sick of the blasted ghosts bothering me!!!!"

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:37:34 AM
The corner of Vega’s lips turned up into a smirk. He knew all too well about the ghosts bothering people, in fact he’d played ghost hunter once or twice when they’re activities had gotten a little too boisterous.

“Alright, then. Lead on.”

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2003, 07:09:44 PM
OOC- Leads you to here! (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31039)