PDA

View Full Version : At the other end of the bar ...

Aaron Belargic
Jun 20th, 2003, 07:28:46 AM
Aaron sat with his feet up in his booth, smiling to himself. Something about tonight was making him feel good. He didn’t know whether it was the atmosphere, the weather or just life as a whole, but he felt calm inside and was definitely enjoying the change from his usual less than peaceful state. From where he was sat he could see Dasquian sitting off at the opposite end of the bar (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30231), and smiled for a moment at his brother before glancing around the room.

James Prent
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:22:07 AM
James saw both brothers, and studied them a bit before making her move. The five foot tall padawan climbed up onto a stool next to Aaron, and brushed her short hair out of her eyes. "Dasquian, right?" She smiled cheekily, purposefully guessing wrong. "It's been a while..." Thought maybe you'da called me up by now.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:27:16 AM
Aaron chuckled a bit.

“Good to see you again, James,” he bowed his head and smiled.

“How’re things with you?”

He wanted to ask about what they’d discussed when the two had last met, but thought it probably wasn’t the best time or place to do so, not when the bar was so busy.

James Prent
Jun 20th, 2003, 08:36:44 PM
She waved down the bartender, and then sat back on her stool. "Things are good. Better than..before. Oh," James turned to the man behind the bar who was wiping out a glass and giving her the can you make it fast? look. "I'd like an eyeblaster. Atomized, not fizzed." She smiled sweetly as the bartender looked rather surprised.

"That's a pretty stron... Eyeblaster it is." The 'tender wanted to see what this little woman was like when she was drunk. Might be interesting. Besides, she usually only drank water, or a Fizzyglug. He moved off, and James turned back to Aaron.

"Anyway, yeah, things are better. I'm actually making some progress with my training, y'know, and I feel a little more confident." Again, a brilliant smile, and she laughed, "I'm just having a great day today, I'm sorry, I'm really hyper."

Aaron Belargic
Jun 21st, 2003, 03:59:44 AM
“Hyper?” Aaron grinned,

“Well I’m glad you’re feeling better. I was meaning to get in touch with you to talk again but Dasquian assigned me a new room mate – a little boy called Finrod, must be about 9 – and I’ve had to spend the last week helping him out with supplies and such.”

James Prent
Jun 21st, 2003, 04:09:30 AM
She nodded, interested. "Roommate? It's strange, I hear about male padawans getting roommates, and yet, no one has approached me about sharing a living space with anyone else. Granted, my room is pretty small."

The eyeblaster arrived, and she picked it up immediately, and swirled the dark blue liquid around a bit in the glass before taking a sip. "Is Finrod doing well, away from his parents for the first time? I imagine that he could be quite a handful as a roommate." She smiled up at Aaron, and took another swallow of her drink.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 21st, 2003, 04:14:35 AM
While the waiter was there Aaron ordered himself a drink – a Garou ale. He’d been meaning to try one and now seemed just as good a time as any.

“Maybe the Council feels the female Padawan’s would prefer not to be in close quarters with male Padawans, after all we do seemed to have a greater number of men joining than women,” he hazarded with a smirk.

“Finrod, though… I have to admit he surprised me. He is incredibly mature and helpful for his age. We’ve got three of us living in there now, with Kelt being there too, so you need to be pretty patient – we can be a clumsy pair,” he held back laughing, “Plus it musn’t be easy coming in to live with to already close people, so all credit to the kid.”

James Prent
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:37:59 PM
She nodded, "Yeah, I'll say. Can't be easy on him, moving in with two established bachelors. Especially two that cook like you and Kelt." James laughed at his expression, and added, "Oh, don't give me that look, I've heard stories from the other padawans."

Aaron Belargic
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:32:35 AM
“Bachelors…”

Aaron scratched the back of his neck, laughing softly.

“Kelt is a good cook. I can make toast… and even then I burn it. Dasquian always cooked the meals when we were younger; I just try to keep out of the kitchen for fear of setting something alight.”

He folded his arms neatly over his chest as he leant back in his chair, his feet still up in the booth - wiggling one boot from side to side.

“You’d be welcome to come around for lunch some time, if you want.”

James Prent
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:59:09 PM
"I'd like that." She finished off the eyeblaster, and set the empty glass down for the 'tender to come by and pick up. "Mind if I - oh, never mind." Her fingers tapped the bartop as she tried to think about other things than smoking.

Usually when she drank, she smoked, but lately the padawan had been trying to cut back on her stimcig habit. Her fingers tapped some more as she tried to think of something else to say. Other than Gods that eyeblaster is hitting my head already. Or, I think you're adorable. Both would be very bad things to say.

"I need a cigarette." She clasped her hands on the bartop, resisting reaching for the ones she knew were in her pocket.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:59:02 AM
“I’ve never understood the attraction to that. I mean I’ve seen pictures of lungs after people have been smoking for years and I swear it looks like th-…”

Aaron’s mind caught up with his mouth and he stuttered himself to a stop.

“… Everyone has their vices. Why don’t we get something to snack on, to take your mind off of it?”

James Prent
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:26:54 AM
She nodded, grinning in spite of herself at his blunder. "Sounds good to me. Any suggestions? I don't eat here often...I had the root stew once and it just turned my stomach so bad I've been afraid to try anything else." James turned her head to him, cocking it to the side slightly as she did so.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:42:07 AM
“Ahum…”

Aaron plucked up the menu card out of the little stand in the center of the table. Even though it was laminated it still looked so old and over used. It must have been there for years. Quickly skim reading over what was there for what he’d tried before, he blinked.

“Bantha burgers?” he smiled a bit.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:21:39 PM
"Aarrron!"

The voice cut like a knife through warm butter, piercing the relative quiet of the B&G.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 27th, 2003, 02:38:42 AM
Aaron jumped – literally – out of his seat. If he’d had a drink it would have been toppled over. Instead there was just the horrible screech of his chair rocking backwards. Glancing over his shoulder, he smiled nervous and gave a little wave in the Cizerack’s direction.

:uhoh

James Prent
Jun 27th, 2003, 02:22:35 PM
James looked over her shoulder at the felinoid who was approaching excitedly. "Friend of yours?" She looked back at Aaron, and noticed that he seemed a bit pale and anxious. The padawan wondered what was going on, and didn't object when the bartender gave her another eyeblaster.

Aaron Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:13:08 AM
Looking a bit peaky, Aaron tried to hide himself behind the menu as he sighed quietly. Just when he was enjoying James’ company…

“Uhm… sort of. I met her on my first day here, she thought I was Dasquian… it was a pretty odd day.”

James Prent
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:39:30 PM
She moved quickly, changing seats and putting herself between the felinoid and Aaron. "Quick then! Hide behind me!" James giggled as she tried to make herself look bigger.

Aaron Belargic
Jul 5th, 2003, 03:55:01 AM
Ducking down a bit so that he could use James as his shield, he kept a hold of her arm as he peeked out for a moment to see if Taataani still knew where he was.

“You’re an angel, James,” he laughed quietly.

“I hope she doesn’t come over... she is, uh, kind of over protective. She might have a go at you.”

Vishalla Daoked
Jul 5th, 2003, 12:09:01 PM
Vishalla is wearing a slightly dirty white dress with a white cord around her waist as a belt. She is just a child, but her elf ears are sticking out of her long blonde hair. She steps through the door of the B&G holding onto a cat. A quick glance around the B&G doesn't tell her much, but her eyes spot Aaron. His ears standing out amongst all the rest.

She runs past that guards at the door who let her pass, knowing that she has no weapons and thinking the cat harmless here. She runs over to Aaron and plops the cat onto his lap.

"Why do you have my ears??"

She asks curiously. Then she glances at James, who is seated next to Aaron and waves to her.

"Hello"

Aaron Belargic
Jul 6th, 2003, 05:48:44 AM
Aaron suddenly had a cat in his lap.

“Shhhhh!” he hissed, trying not to laugh as he ushered the little kitten back into its owners arms, not noting the irony of it all.

“I’m hiding, can’t you see?”

Vishalla Daoked
Jul 6th, 2003, 09:19:41 AM
Vishalla takes her cat when its thrust back into her arms and starts to sniff, about to start crying.

"I'm sorry. I'm just lost and lonely and wondering how you can have my ears."

She starts to cry softly at this point. She shifts RK, the cat, into one arm and wipes her eyes with the back of her hand.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:35:26 AM
"Therrre jyou arrre"

Taa honed in on the sound of the girl's crying, and happened to find her elven plaything sulking a bit behind a brunette woman. She eased James out of the way, and shifted her attention to the little girl.

"Aww ssso cute...frrrjiend of jyourrrsss?"

She patted the little girl on her head.

"And what'sss jyourrr name, mjy ljittle kjitten?"

Aaron Belargic
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:49:36 AM
Taataani would distract the girl from crying, and the girl would distract the girl from Aaron. Hopefully. He took James’ hand and got to his feet, hoping she’d follow suit.

“We were …ggaaah… just heading … uh… bye!!”

Nevlonniel
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:00:58 PM
As Aaron was making a hastey retreat, looking back to see if James was in tow, he didn't notice the being coming from around one of the pillars in the establishment, and looking back up, smacked right into Nevlonniel. Being the same height, as the elven-races were always tall, both cracked their foreheads together in an unceramonious way, letting a sharp pain travel directly to their temples.

Nevlonniel stopped in her tracks, sucking in a breath, and reaching a hand up to her forehead reflexively, one eye closed and the other slitted and eyeing the man who had crashed into her.

She was about to give the man a rather rude insult in the elven-race language when she stopped, noticing his ears and complextion. It was at this time both her eyes opened and her hand dropped slowly from her forehead, the pain momentarily forgotten as it faded.

Somewhat confused, she recognized him from being from the same sector as herself, though a different planet. And her next words, though in the elven-race language, was a bit accented, further revealing that they were indeed from different planets.

So it is true that the elven-races have ventured forth from their lands into the unknown.

Though from different planets, they're races had never battled. They were beyond that, being centuries old and having grown wiser with time. She bowed slightly towards him.

Greetings, brother. I did not expect to find another from our sector here.

She looked down at James who was looking at her somewhat perplexed, not understanding the language. She was about to speak again, and then noticed the look on the cat-woman's eyes towards aron. Nevlonniel reverted to Basic, though mildly accented.

It seems someone has taken a fancy to you.

Aaron Belargic
Jul 9th, 2003, 03:27:58 AM
“So I have noticed. It is my fault, mostly, however. I was fairly naïve when I arrived here and stumbled into some regrettable situations,” Aaron replied, naturally slipping into speaking the flowing melodic tongue of the Hallaera.

For a moment he seemed at ease, looking back to James and then Taataani, before back at the violet skinned woman before him, and taking on a similar expression to that which his companion wore.

Vishalla Daoked
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:41:56 AM
Vishalla looks up at Taa with a wide eye look on her face, having never seeing a person like Taa before.

"This is RK."

She holds up her cat, having just renamed him since she can't remember the name he had before.

"I don't know my name though."

She points to Aaron and as she does so, she sees another elf talking to him, though her skin is a different colour.

"Scuse me, but I have to go talk to those two who have my ears."

She runs over to Aaron, James, and Nev. When she gets over to them, she tugs on Nev's clothes for a moment and then asks.

"Why do you and him have my ears?? He's not willing to tell me why he has my ears, though I'm hoping that you are willing to tell me. I find it really odd that other ppl have ears."

Nevlonniel
Jul 9th, 2003, 03:39:56 PM
Nevlonniel looked back at the cat-woman, and the young girl who was making her way to them, all while answering Aaron.

"So it would seem."

She reverted to Basic again when the girl tugged at her clothing, inquiring about her... ears?

"Well, child, the reason he and I both share the same ears as you can mean we are from the same race, or of races with elongated ears."

She looked the girl over, studying her complextion and attributes.

"Though by the look of it, you may be of the elven-race."

Nevlonniel noted the light hair and clear eyes, but the girl wasn't that tall for her age, and in both on her planet and Aarons, the children were tall. Perhaps she was from the neighboring planet, where the gravity was a bit stronger.

But she was most definitely from the same sector. She spoke again, continuing her thought.

"Though of what planet is unknown."

She looked to Aaron.

"Your thoughts, brother?"

Vishalla Daoked
Jul 9th, 2003, 06:08:59 PM
Vishalla nods her head slightly. Elven-race. Somewhere in her brain, a piece clicks and she just knows that Nev is right about that. She is an Elf. From where though, she still does not know, well remember.

"You mean there are others like me out there?? I mean like us. I've never come across other elves from what I can remember, though I can't remember alot of things right now. I can only remember things from when I woke up on this planet. I'd try to say the name, but it's a bit hard for me to, and well, I feel really embarressed if I can't say a name of a place or any other words."

She points to Aaron again for a moment.

"If he's your brother, then why do you have different coloured skin then him??"

She questions curiously. She's wanting to learn as much as she can about alot of things, though the most important of which is who she is.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:24:25 AM
Taa follows after the little girl, who wasn't aware that she was asking about her, and not her cat. Forrda tended to take "kitten" out of context.

As she approached the three elves, she smiled, amused that the little girl seemed to be hurling a plethora of questions at the dark-skinned woman, leaving Aaron with little to say. She weaved her lithe body through a group of people until she was next to him. With a kiss and a purr, Taa slinked her tail around Aaron's waist.

"jI've been lookjing all overrr forrr jyou."

Aaron Belargic
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:31:49 AM
“We’re from different plane-ne-…!”

Jumping as he felt something wriggling around his body, Aaron turned an endearing shade of beetroot red. He looked to the side then up at the ceiling, exhaling through a stereotypical shocked ‘o’.

“I-I’m not an elf,” he professed, keeping the topic in a firm course that couldn’t possibly lead to anything lewd, “I’m from Hallaera.”

He desperately wanted to explain, but found it impossible to do with Taataani’s hand planted firmly on his rear.

Nevlonniel
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:00:26 PM
Nevlonniel raised an elongated eyebrow towards Aaron and the cat-woman. It was becoming painfully obvious that Aaron couldn't keep his thoughts straight, so Nev jumped in shortly after his comment, turning towards the girl.

"Not 'elf', but 'elven-kind'. You see, child,... he," pointing to Aaron, "is from the planet Hallaera, while I," pointing to herself, "am from a neighboring planet called Azeroth. Our planets are both found in the same sector, consisting of 5 planets. Everyone on the planets have elongated ears, some longer than others, and our skin pigmentaion varies as well."

She looked at Aaron, who looked to be getting hot under the colar.

"And the reason I refer to him as brother is not because he is my blood-brother, but rather my kin-brother. We believe at one time, all elven-races were born from one, and many eons after having split into different groups."

Vishalla Daoked
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:41:08 PM
Vishalla listens rather intently, which some ppl might find odd seeing as how she is just a child.

"So, he is your brother because he is a kin-brother??"

She is obviously confused about this, but is trying to understand it.

"So the two of you are from different planets. And because of this, both of you have the same ears."

She gets a faint hope that these two maybe be able to help her out. That they may know who she is and where she is from.

"Do you know me?? Do you know where I am from??"

She asks these questions quickly, forgetting all else that is going on around her. Here is a hope that somebody may know something of her.

"Do you know how I got to this planet??"

James Prent
Jul 10th, 2003, 05:01:48 PM
After being knocked aside quite rudely by Taataani, James had been tugged to Aaron's side once more, and then pushed aside again by the insistant felinoid. She leaned against the bar, and watched as the tall 'elf' talked to Aaron, even while Taataani tried to wriggle him out and away from all the others. She'd been forgotten about.

She'd never heard of an elf before, but they sure were tall. James seemed to shrink down beside the bar, and then wobbled a bit as her eyeblaster hit the inside of the top of her head.

That's when she saw Taa's hand grab Aaron's posterior.

James lurched forward, and stepped out from behind Aaron, walking around, in front of the two female 'elves' and then wedged her tiny body between him and the felinoid, trying to lever the female off him. She grabbed Taa's hand and pulled it away from Aaron. "Don't you know no means no?" The diminutive padawan glared at the felinoid who was only a little bit taller than she was.

Nevlonniel
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:32:10 PM
Nevlonniel wasn't used to such a bombardment of questions, and she had to asnwer truthfully to the girl.

"No, child, I don't know what planet you are from, though it is very highly possible you are from the same sector as us."

She watched with interest as the human made for the felinoid.

"As for why you are here, I can not say, as I do not know the answer."

She fell silent, watching as the human female took on a rude tone with the cat-woman.

Vishalla Daoked
Jul 11th, 2003, 07:52:15 AM
Vishalla turns to looks at James, Taa, and Aaron as James goes to but in between Aaron and Taa. Then her attention is brought back to Nev as she answers her questions. The hope leaves her face when Nev says that she doesn't know where she's from. But a bit of hope returns when Nev says that it is highly possible that she is from the same sector.

"Okay. Well thank-you for at least telling me you don't know. But how do you figure it is highly possible that I'm from the same sector as you??"

She questions softly.

Aaron Belargic
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:14:54 PM
“You look like someone from my planet. There aren’t many people like that,” Aaron replied calmly, composing himself as best he could to answer the question as James entered the picture once more.

He looked at Taa with slightly narrowed eyes, a little frown over his brow. The Padawan’s words to her, though perhaps a little cruel, were helping his confidence somewhat. He put a firm arm around James, lacing his fingers through hers and allowing the semi-glare to linger on the Cizerack a moment longer before turning back down to James.

This was certainly an odd situation.

Vishalla Daoked
Jul 11th, 2003, 05:40:43 PM
Vishalla turns to look up at Aaron as he says that she looks like someone from his planet. She then tucks a strand of her hair back behind one of her ears as she looks from Aaron to James to Taa to Nev and then back to Aaron. After that, she shifts RK to her other arm briefly before holding RK in both arms again.

"How would you know for sure if I'm from your planet or not??"

She asks curiously.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:13:11 PM
Taa was stunned and insensed. She stood there, mouth agape, as the various conversations occurred around her without relent. Her blue eyes blinked, and looked from Aaron, to James, and back again to Aaron. Her long ears drooped, and soon the sound of conversation around her was overshadowed by the thrumping of blood rushing in her ears.

How dare he? How dare he cast her aside like some old garment...for...for...for...that UGLY human girl? And couldn't he smell that stink on her breath? It was repulsive! What was happening?!? Why was this happening to her???

The shock slowly began to light a fuse...

Taa turned to James, a withering look in her eyes. Her ears began to fold back flush against her head.

James Prent
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:17:43 PM
Unfamiliar with Cizerack culture and Cizerack in general, James still knew the signs of an angry feline. The thrill of having Aaron take ahold of her hand faded to the background as she suddenly began to fear for her safety.

But wait! She was a Jedi padawan, and certainly not defenseless. Also, she'd bounced many an over drunk patron out of the all night bar/diner she'd previously worked at.

However, it didn't occur to her that at the time she hadn't been tipsy herself. James returned Taa's glare with a "best back off, you" look.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:54:27 PM
With a growl, Taa tugged Aaron towards her by the arm.

"Go have anotherrr sssmoke, Forrda. He'sss wjith me."

Vishalla Daoked
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:12:26 AM
Vishalla looks to Taa, then to Aaron, and then to James, getting the feeling that Aaron is going to be fought over.

"Why don't the two of you share him. That way everybody is happy."

She puts her hands on her hips and gives Taa and James her best stern look possible, but the overall effect is sorta funny seeing as how she's just a kid.

James Prent
Jul 13th, 2003, 12:32:49 PM
James yelped as Taa tugged on Aaron, successfully squishing her between them. She stumbled and fell, the room spinning gently as she hit the ground.

Then she kicked Taa in the shins...sort of a reflex, really.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jul 16th, 2003, 10:16:36 PM
(OOC: No weapons in the B&G for non Jedi Knights, missy :p)

IC:

"jYEOWW!!"

The conversations around them seemed to dim at Taa's outburst, and she could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks as she stared at the insolent hyuu-mann brunette. Her short frame seemed to tense for a moment, and then she flung herself at James, bowling her over and sending the pair sprawling across the floor of the B&G...

...continued <a href=http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30699>here</a>.