PDA

View Full Version : Learning something new: the little things and the big things. (Kyle)

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:26:19 PM
Wei stretched a bit, checked his equipment, and stretched some more. Today Wei would be teaching Kyle some combat stuff. No doubt Kyle already knew a good deal about combat already. He seemed to be the type to pick fights. Wei thought it would be good to give him a frame to his fighting style. It never hurt to have a little bit of order. Made things run smooither.

Kyle Krogen
Jun 27th, 2003, 04:42:14 PM
Kyle walked into the room and looked around He saw Wei sitting on the bench and walked over to him and bowed "hello master, I am ready for the next step of my training."

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 27th, 2003, 09:26:25 PM
Wei grinned. Kyle was eager as ever. "Good."

Wei folded his hands behind his back and began to pace around. "As I mentioned the night I gave you your talk, I stress the fact that there is more to being a Jedi than beating people up with lightsabers. Seeing as most of your battles will take place in a one-on-one kind of setting, I have decided to teach you how to fight well in battle and predict your opponent's movements without having to dig around in their minds. I find 'mind reading' to be a very impractical use of energy."

Wei stopped pacing and adjusted his glasses. "But bear in mind that there will also be times when you will have a group of people on your side, and a group of enemies to fight. What I am about to teach you can be applied to one-on-one matches, and battles where there are a thousand people a side."

"First things first," Wei said, resuming his pacing. "Know what you are working with." Wei smiled. "List all your strenghts and your weaknesses."

Kyle Krogen
Jul 17th, 2003, 10:26:36 AM
"well, I'm good at armed combat and have a little skill in unarmed combat, and somewhat good with my lightsaber" Kyle paused and thought a moment " I'm not very good with blocking and devensive tactics."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:36:45 AM
"Most people are. Blocking is like being patient: Both are very hard to do, but if you can master either one, you can be an unstoppable force. So, blocking is what we will learn today. Both armed and unarmed."

Wei walked over to Kyle and stood with his hands up. "Now, there are several ways to go about 'blocking' an attack. First, you can redirect your enemy's energy, knock it away from you, or stop it completely. I'll show you what I mean, one step at a time."

Wei got into a comfortable stance. "I want you to throw a punch. First, I'll stop your energy, then deflect it, then redirect it. That's three punches for three blocks. You'll have time to ask questions in between."

Wei took a few breaths and said, "Punch!"

Kyle Krogen
Jul 21st, 2003, 10:28:39 AM
Kyle thought over what Wei had said then he got into his fightinh stance and threw a punch aimed at Wei's chest.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 24th, 2003, 08:25:13 PM
Wei held lifted his hand and took the blow on his forearm. "I stopped your energy. These types of defenses shouldn't really count as a defense at all, because you still get hurt."

Wei pulled up his sleeve. "See the bruise that's already forming on my arm?" A small purple area was forming on the top of his arm.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 25th, 2003, 10:49:54 AM
Kyle was suprised at Wei's speed "yes I can see the bruise" He thought for a moment "it would be better to use a block that reduces the amount of damage one takes."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 25th, 2003, 02:22:40 PM
"It most certainly would," Wei said, rolling down his sleeve and healing the bruise. "Punch me again."

Kyle Krogen
Jul 25th, 2003, 06:30:42 PM
Kyle got into his stance again and threw his fits at Wei chest again.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 25th, 2003, 09:34:27 PM
Wei stepped aside and brought his hand up alongside Kyle's wrist. Wei pushed outward slightly and let the rest of the Padawan's arm slide along it. Wei took one step toward Kyle and struck at Kyle's face, but stopped his hand just short of hitting him across the cheek.

"I deflected your energy, see?" Wei said. "Instead of stopping your attack, I just adjusted it so that it went out that way," Wei said, jerking his head toward Kyle's fist.

Wei got out of Kyle's face and stood back. to get a better view of his Padawan. "Then it was easy to step in past your defenses and smack you silly. Now for the last blocking style--controlling your opponent's energy."

Wei got into a more defined battle stance than he had used before. "Hit me."

Kyle Krogen
Jul 26th, 2003, 12:34:19 PM
Kyle was startled when Wei's fist came up and almost hit him

"ok master" He threw another punch at Wei.

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:15:38 PM
Wei started his block the same way he had done the previous one: he stepped to the inside and blocked with an open palm. But this time Wei grabbed Kyle's wrist and turned around so his back was facing the Padawan, with the Padawan's arm over his shoulder. Wei bent his knees, pushed his butt into Kyle's pelvic region, then straightened his knees and got on his tiptoes.

Kyle came off the ground and flipped over Wei's shoulder and onto his back.

"See? I used the forward momentum of your punch to flip you over my back. All I had to do was get you off the ground. Controlling your opponent's energy is a very useful thing, but also very hard to do. It takes several tries before you can successfully control an opponent's energy. Any questions?"

Kyle Krogen
Jul 29th, 2003, 09:22:22 PM
Kyle slowly got to his feet and dusted himself off, He turned to Wei "no, I dont really have any questions."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 30th, 2003, 09:29:20 AM
"Ok, then. Now it's my turn to punch. I want you to focus on deflecting energy. It's not as hard as controlling and is more efficient than stopping. Ready? Go!"

Wei threw a jab at Kyle's nose.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 30th, 2003, 11:28:08 AM
Kyle ducked under Wei's attack and brought his fist up in a upercut aimed at Wei's chin, He stoped his fist just inches from Wei's chin "how was that master?"

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 30th, 2003, 07:28:55 PM
"Dodging is good," Wei said, inspecting Kyle's fist and then brushing it away.

"Round two!" Wei kicked toward Kyle's stomach.

Kyle Krogen
Jul 31st, 2003, 10:45:56 AM
Kyle crossed his arms and took the hit, it knocked him back a few inches but didnt do any serois damage "ouch" He said "how was that master?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:36:21 PM
"Not bad, if I encouraged flat out stopping attacks. I told you to deflect it. Step to the side to get out from in front the attack, then use your hand to guide the hit in the direction you want it to go so that you can have the advantage. Let's try again."

Wei punched a second time.

Kyle Krogen
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:08:19 PM
Kyle reached his hand out and hit Wei hand with his making Wei's fist go to the side and miss Kyle completely "how was that Master?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:14:52 PM
"Better," Wei replied with a grin. "You will continue to improve with practice. But also bear in mind that this principle of redirecting energy applies to much more than mere fisticuffs. It also applies to weapons combat, and debating. You will find many ways to apply your training if you keep your mind open."

Wei relaxed into a casual stance. "If you have no other questions, you are dismissed. I will let you know when I have prepared the next lesson for you."

Kyle Krogen
Aug 6th, 2003, 09:21:51 PM
Kyle bowed to Wei "yes master" He said and turned around and walked away.