PDA

View Full Version : Tonight. . .

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:58:29 PM
. . .is beautiful. :)

This summer, I work as what is referred to as a "Cool Cat" here at the university. It's a corny name, but it is really just fancy for Summer Conference Staff. . .which, in retrospect, actually sounds quite a bit fancier. Anyway, what we do is basically work the desks of the halls that are open and solve problems for the little kiddies runnin aoround in their camps. Like being an RA, only you work the desk and it's super dumbed down.

I've got a set of the front doors open and a nice, cool breeze from the Northeast is meandering in carrying the smell of daisies and lillies from the front flower garden. Some nice jazz (Keith Garret, Gary Peacock, and Jack playing "All My Tomorrows) is rolling, and all the kiddies are out doing fun camp things, leaving the lobby nice and quiet.

It's just peaceful and nice and I'm feeling content enough to share it with you (and, perhaps, bored enough). :D

Dae Jinn
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:38:54 PM
*sends Ultra-super Canadian Ninjas down to Terran's work* >D That should un-bore you!

Dakota Gue
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:33:04 PM
Sounds nice Terran.

I love hot summer nights - dont get too many up here in Canada. Not compared to Aust, anyway.

Dae Jinn
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:37:22 PM
We have hot summer nights! :( It's been hot out nearly all month!

Dakota Gue
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:54:11 PM
Im talking hot, swealtering heat where ya cant sleep etc.

Im still wearing sweaters where Im at. :(

Park Kraken
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:57:13 PM
Just spend a night alone with me. Can you handle the heat?

Dae Jinn
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:57:17 PM
Oh. We've had summers like that though, at least where I live :-/

EDIT -- How about....NO? :)

Dakota Gue
Jun 19th, 2003, 10:00:59 PM
>_< Kraken

lol

Well, I guess I just dont find it hot, not so far this year anyway. Usually August seems to be the month where it really socks in. (for maybe 3 weeks :) )

Dae Jinn
Jun 19th, 2003, 10:09:12 PM
Where in Canada do you live? O_o What province? :lol

Dakota Gue
Jun 19th, 2003, 10:55:08 PM
BC

you?

Dae Jinn
Jun 19th, 2003, 10:56:56 PM
Ontario.

Isn't it always nice in BC though? :lol

Dakota Gue
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:02:35 PM
Its milder than Ontario, yes, but it rains alot and Ontario though much colder over winter etc, has more sunny days I believe.

Charley
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:03:24 PM
Come down to Bama, ladies :cool

Dae Jinn
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:05:55 PM
But, it'd be too hot and sweaty if we were there with you, Charley ;)

imported_Terran Starek
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:10:11 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa! It's gettin hot in here! (yes, fill in the newly famous pop culture reference :p)

But yeah, it's just nice. It's like 71 degrees with a nice cool breeze. I opened my windows. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:10:47 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn

funny, I thought that was the point of asking

Whoa, whoa, whoa! It's gettin hot in here! (yes, fill in the newly famous pop culture reference )

FORCE FRYING PAN!!!

SMASH!!!!

:: At this point, somethign illogical happens. Terran goes sailing out the door so fast, he burns up into a crisp and is eaten by a cat with a messy bowel problem ::

Adriana Nakita
Jun 20th, 2003, 05:04:28 AM
It was really nice last nite, it had just finished raining and it was still overcast with a slight breeze. Which is very unusual, either it's raining or burning up here now. Right now it's 77 F and my weather bug tells me the high is 85, and that's with thunder storms all day... anyone wanna join me here? :p :D

Ewww, poor Tarren! I guess someone doesn't like Nelly....

Charley
Jun 20th, 2003, 05:11:40 AM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn

:cool you're damn right it would be.

Dae Jinn
Jun 20th, 2003, 09:46:03 AM
:lol