PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play these games?

Ace McCloud
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:01:45 AM
I'd love to play some of these games with anyone who has them:
RA2; RA2: Yuri's revenge; C&C Generals; Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

Havent played those games in a while cuz my normal gaming buddy isnt interested in them anymore, with the exeption of JK2.

Charley
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:00:51 PM
Played them all, and own the latter two, but a shoddy net connection, and no time to play anyway.

Peter McCoy
Jun 21st, 2003, 02:06:29 PM
My Command Is Your Wish!

I'd be happy to play you on either Red Alert 2 or Yuri's Revenge. I have Generals but haven't really played it so I'm not too familiar with it. (I bought is JUST before my exams so didn't have the time). I think I've got Jedi Outcast around her somewhere, though I'm notas fond of it as the others.

Be warned though - I'm not very good against human opponents. But as long as we have the elusive "build time', I'll put up a decent fight!

Charley
Jun 21st, 2003, 02:41:17 PM
Once you start playing Generals, you just might toss your old C&C games

Ace McCloud
Jun 21st, 2003, 04:12:18 PM
I was EXTREMELY disappointed in generals. I really expected alot more.

Be warned though - I'm not very good against human opponents. But as long as we have the elusive "build time', I'll put up a decent fight!

Thats exactly how i am XD

Charley
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:01:29 PM
What exactly did you expect? More cutscenes and an archaic 2d game design again?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 22nd, 2003, 04:31:19 AM
I was expecting better multiplayer maps, ships, more city levels, a wider range of vehicles.

Though, I do love the more realistic type vehicles.

IMO, Generals would be the best game ever if
1.) The multiplayer maps where not built "Even"
2.) And that the Red Army and the U.S. gained warships, landing vessals, aircraft carriers, subs (With Terrorist getting counters and attacking things also)
3.) Better Command/attack/formation/hiding for AI.

I point to AOE: Age of Kings as an Example. Some formations worked better against different types of attackers, or if you attacking. For C&C I would set my Tanks in front and on the sides with the Humvees following tucked saftely in the middle until we reach our target.

Peter McCoy
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:08:18 AM
I do think Generals is a great game - from what I've played. I love the superweapons for the USA. Especially when you've got them all upgraded - It's one helluva bombing run, with a superlaser to boot :) And I love the aircraft too.

Ace McCloud
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:25:42 AM
well for starters, the carpet bomb that was going to be in it. And with the detention camp you were supposed to be able to convert enemy soldiers. And, rather than having the current ranking system, you were to specialize in things. There were 3 generals. Airforce, Spec Ops, and Army. Each had their own special features. I like being diverse from my partners or opponents or whatever, but with the way they had done it, it wasn't like that. However it could be. But I guess it sort of worked out.

Multiplayer was a big rip off. The way they had it set up and such was just <smallfont color=ff00ff>-Hey, no cursin!-</smallfont>. However I think they got it together after the massive amounts of complaints they got. More units would have been nice as well. But I suppose it was nice, I dunno why I don't like it that much. But I'd love to play Yuri's revenge with someone. I love seals n <smallfont color=ff00ff>-I said NO CURSING!-</smallfont> =)

Peter McCoy
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:41:32 AM
I'd be up for a game! After all, your mind is weak :-P

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:51:22 PM
We can get a Death Match going in Red Alert 2, if I ever get Yuri's Revenge that is.

Garrett Blade
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:45:51 AM
I remember playing a friend on Yuri's Revenge. he hadn't played it before, and so went the Allies. He didn't know what the Yuri army was capable of.

He crapped himself when he realised what I was doing with all of his troops - in the end he used JUST the robot tanks! Pity that still never saved him! :)

Darth007
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:01:11 PM
guys head over to http://www.deezire.net and look into the Pro:Gen mod. Everything you mention McCloud is in it, plus more. Not many ppl have it so finding an online game woudl be hard, but skirmishes with comps are fun.

Park Kraken
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:22:24 PM
I recently broke out Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge after I upgraded the RAM in my computer to 384 MBs. I realised how much I missed the game, and I don't remember why I put it into storage in the first place. Probaly my favorite peoples to play as is one of the Soviet players, either Cuba or Libya. If I'm playing against Allies, or Yuri, I'll build like 12 Kirovs, destroy their construction yard, War factory, and Barracks, then use other units to finish them off if they decide not to fold and rush. I've become good enough to defeat three or four Brutal level enemies at a time. I don't know how that compares to human players, and now that I have DSL, I plan to start playing online. I think some of the superweapons are stupid, like the weather storm, and mutator. Others can make good combinations, like the Iron Curtain and Demoltion trucks, the Dominator by itself, Chronosphere on enemy mining units, and so on. Probaly my favorite tatic is the Curtain, and 4-6 Demolition trucks. Curtain them, then park them in various points around the base, and let the base defenses do the rest! I have never played Generals, and I hated the multi-player for Outcast. Bots just aren't the same as human opponets.

Vhiran Crescent
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:29:08 PM
Hey thanks darth!

::Goes to try it out right away::

Ace^

Park Kraken
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:59:11 AM
I just played my first two games against Human opponet's online. The first one claimed he knew how to cheat, and defeated me fairly quickly. The second was a team battle, me and someone else against two other people. The guy I teamed with absoulouty sucked!!! I think my score was like 75,000, while his was 20,000. I had the most kills of anybody that game, but I still lost. Human opponet's seem to favour Harriers, espically the Black Eagle Jets, heavily.

Peter McCoy
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:02:28 PM
If you were on Yuri's revenge, gattling guns rip through aircraft like a hot knife through butter. Put a couple by prime targets, and have some gattling tanks around strategic points inside your base. They're also great on space in comparison to the allies and soviet sides, since they have separate dedicated structures for air and ground defence.

Peter McCoy
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:04:16 PM
Also, if you've got enough psychic towers, chances are enemy units won't even get inside your base. As the first few ge tin range, they'll become yours. Any following troops will tend to concentrate their firepower on their former comrades. As the controllees die, the enemy units that killed them will become your.s Simple. Just remember to send support in cae the towers get damaged or troops do manage to ignore the unfortunate units and head straight on into your base.

Park Kraken
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:17:32 PM
I know THAT, but I was playing as one of the Allied Nations in both cases which I did the Quick Play option.

Park Kraken
Jun 26th, 2003, 10:53:37 AM
What is everybody's group? Mine is eastern US. I haven't joined any battleclans yet either.