PDA

View Full Version : RP request/announcement

Lieutenant
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:38:38 AM
I'm writting this for two reasons. Firstly I want to know if this is okay with you guys, and secondly, to make sure you know what your rp chars know what they're suppose to.

Okay so basically this character ("Lieutenant") is not really just one guy but a single character that represents the Coruscant Home Guard. As such he can never die 'cos even if this one does another will replace him. Also, the presents of "Lieutenant" may not always be just one, he may be a group or a whole battalion.

As a branch of the Corscant authorities he'll be expected to respond to trouble makers and law breakers. Also he'll be allowed to remained armed AT ALL TIMES even in secure locations(like the B+G).

Its imporatant to know 'cos as Jedi (or whatever your characters are) you should know about the home guard already, perhaps even by face.
The reason they're popping up more often now is because the republic is responding to the Imperial presents of the Sith planets by increasing home security.

I'm asking simply because I should. I couldn't just turn up and start policing now can I?
So whadda you say? Can I get the go-ahead to deploy the home guard?

Taylor Millard
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:47:23 AM
There is all ready a Coruscant Watch group. You'd have to talk to them before starting to RP.

Check here (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29831) for more information

Lieutenant
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:00:48 AM
Thank you for bringing that to attention and yes I already knew.
I want to start not a police force but a home guard. Sure they'll participate with whoever else are the local authorities.

Think of it this way. The home guard is the heavy muscle of the local authorities. The occasional Sith, alright, but what about an invasion? or a terrorist attack?
The home guard are the (lethal) tool of the local authorities.

On the larger scale they are the last line, ultimate law-giving weapon of the republic authorities. On a smaller scale, "Lieutenant" will act as a representative of the home guard, an attache to the local police force as well as a roving "policing" officer character.

Agent Charlie + whoever else is in local authorities, what do you guys think? I don't want to move in and take control or any thing, quite the opposite actually.
I want to offer all the "cop" characters out there the option of calling in the cavalry and getting not boring old NPC soldiers but me instead.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:02:37 AM
No thanks. I think the Watch will do for me. :)

Lieutenant
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:10:26 AM
Oh c'mon, don't go and ruin my fun now. :D

If you think about it it won't really make much of a difference except to simply personify the NPC's that the cop characters already use.

It'll only serve to make the "police threads" more interesting (and it gives me something fun to do).

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:14:08 AM
All of the cop characters used are PCs.

I'm probably wrong (since I don't have an NRSF character), but what you're proposing sounds to me just like the NRSF (New Republic Special Forces) which people already RP

Lieutenant
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:23:35 AM
No not Spec ops.

Spec ops. can only be deployed in military matters. For example, if a large group of Sith are causing trouble in a bar and the Jedi responding to the trouble needs help, the spec ops can't intervene 'cos thats not within their jurisdiction.

The home guard can also hand around, like guards i.e. the security cheack point at the B+G; Spec ops are soldiers so they can't do that.
They operate kinda like armed patrols/SWAT only not quite that either.
You follow?

(besides, like I said, it gives me a chance to make law inforcement stories more interesting).

Taylor Millard
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:25:42 AM
That sounds like (to me) the NRSF and the NR Forces to begin with.

I'd talk to their leaders before doing something like that.

Aevenon Cloak
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:31:23 AM
For example, if a large group of Sith are causing trouble in a bar and the Jedi responding to the trouble needs help, the spec ops can't intervene 'cos thats not within their jurisdiction.

I'm pretty sure I've seen them pull a railgun or two in those situations :)

Plus the Jedi don't want troops all around the B&G - only a bouncer or two. It's not a military compound :mneh

Lieutenant
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:37:14 AM
Yeah I know that but not having the ability to bring in troops, at a momments notice, is just asking for a disaster.

Coruscant is THE most important planet in existance, you'd think the local authorities would reflect that.
I do want to discuss this with the NRSF and NRF but I hardly see them around, I'm waiting for them to reply to this thread.

So what about it NRSF guys? Would you at least except the "Deathwatch" battalion? If you want, I suppose the Deathwatch could be an actuall branch of the NRSF dedicated to civilian sector police work.

Charley
Jun 19th, 2003, 10:35:50 AM
No.

Thug
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:35:52 AM
People haven't had a problem with my Thug Character, Who it it's own small army of replenishable people. I can't see what would be wrong if others made replenishable characters.

Of course when I started Thug, I also started a new crime sindicate for which all my thugs work for.....

Morgan Evanar
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:45:51 AM
Also he'll be allowed to remained armed AT ALL TIMES even in secure locations(like the B+G).
Jedi Master and GJO Admin hat: No.

Lieutenant
Jun 19th, 2003, 12:34:12 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
No.

You won't even let me join the NRSF? That's a little unfair isn't it?
Okay, would you guys mind explaining why it it that you want to get rid of me so bad?
Their just cops, they won't god-mod or step on anyones toes, they'll just help the other cops to keep the nasty people in line.
But if you really hat the idea that much then fine.

Replenishable characters aren't a problem anyway 'cos nobody really dies anyway. I won't run around causing trouble, I'll only STOP those people who ARE causing trouble otherwise I'll just be a regular character.

If you STILL hate the idea then at least TRY to work with me here. Instead of sweeping me to the side would you mind HELPING me to work this out?

Lieutenant
Jun 19th, 2003, 12:36:21 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Jedi Master and GJO Admin hat: No.

I don't mean to disrespect authority but I have to ask, why not? weapons aren't allowed in the B+G 'cos they are a risk but if they're in the hands of the authorities then whats the problem?

Dae Jinn
Jun 19th, 2003, 12:59:30 PM
Because weapons are not allowed in the bar and grill, anyone who wishes to have any "fights" in that forum must have admin/mod permission. Usually there aren't any fights or anything that would require any authorities to come in.

I don't think the Jedi would need to call in the army for help either, but that's just my opinion :lol

Lieutenant
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:14:59 PM
If there are no fights in the B+G then Lieutenant won't turn up (at least not on duty anyway).

And Jedi might be hard as nails but to think that they could constantly police the planet is impractical.

Think of it this way, Lieutenant won't really be doing anything at all. He'll just be a poser, a testemant to the presence of the home guard, that's all.

When there's a stand of between the good guys and the bad guys, the cop may pull out a railgun or whatever but sometimes that isn't enough. Sometimes there is no substitute for bringing in the mass and the might of soldiers.

And again, I re-emphasises that it will rarely ever actually come to that, the character is meerly a symbol of that possibility.

I doubt I'll actually do much as a character other then bark at trouble makers and the like.

Are you beginning to get a picture of what I'm trying to describe here?

Morgan Evanar
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:17:12 PM
Because GJO is the ultimate authority of the B&G. We're aware enough of the NRSF recruiting process and training that we're comfortable with thier possesion of weapons in our presence.

Chances are, you won't need to go there beyond eating. Some of really don't need any help policing our own grounds, thanks.

Lieutenant
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:22:25 PM
Well fair enough but what about the WHOLE planet? I mean I understand the Jedi complexes but what about everywhere else?

How about you guys start telling me what I CAN do as suppose to telling me what I can't? :D

Is there anyway at all that you'll let me use my "harmless barker"?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:39:19 PM
I don't see a problem with a 'replenishable' character. If you're not a part of the Watch, and you're not a part of the military, then what exactly are you a part of then?

S.W.A.T. ?

Figrin D'an
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:47:38 PM
The Jedi aren't responsible for policing the entire planet. That's what the Coruscant Watch group does. Any need for shock troops or general assistance, or need to deal with a large scale conflict, and the NRF and/or the NRSF are called in.

The Bar & Grill itself is quite well protected. Being run by Jedi, and with the NRSF maintaining a presence in the area, anyone would be crazy to try anything.

GJO & B&G: No thank you.
Planetwide: Talk to the Coruscant Watch people and NRSF.

Charley
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:05:55 PM
NRSF is closed membership, and not everybody that wants in gets in. Thats the breaks.

Coruscant Watch is THE Coruscant police force. Anything else would be a conflict of resources.

Here's a suggestion, why not make your character as generic NR security forces on other planets?

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:21:23 PM
I'd doubt that, with at least one Jedi Master who has seen the B&G attacked before, anyone whom the Jedi dont trust would be allowed within spitting distance of the B&G with a weapon. The NRSF guards there are specifically chosen to be highly resistant to mind tricks and thence are 'safe'. Plus, we have Lochabre. Lochabre is the GJO version Agent Charley.

Lochabre dont play nice wth people causing trouble ^_^

Lieutenant
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:43:42 AM
Okay, I'[ve decided that the idea irratates far too many people so I'll just keep them as proffesional security (some rich guys private army).
Thanx for the input guys! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:12:52 AM
Hmmm idea rolls around in my head... Sector Rangers are always in need of disposable people. :mneh

Charley
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:13:42 AM
^^^

That is true

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 20th, 2003, 11:38:29 AM
What about making them a team of mercs?

Lieutenant
Jun 20th, 2003, 12:19:44 PM
Yup, lieutenant now represents the basic troopers of the "Steel Legions", a private army (army of mercs).
Thanx again for the input guys :D.

DarthHERA
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:30:21 PM
Didnt we just have a whole debate about dictating just what kind of characters people can make?

"Coruscant Home guard" isnt the Coruscant City Watch or the NR - and of course he wouldnt have jurisdiction or say re: the GJO etc.

Just exactly how workable the whole idea of a replenishable Lt would be in roleplaying would remain to be seen (I personally dont like the idea of that one Nic being a group of Lts)..But who's to tell him he cant??

Is it me just being confused...?

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:35:06 PM
I think I am going with Hera on this.... I don't see the problem what he wanted to do originally to be honest. It isn't like there are multiple divisions of forces within a regular Police Station and/or military.

Depends on what he wants to do and if LT dude wants to follow through with what he said in his last post tis cool.

As for the one account doing things ... Thug has worked out well here. Fun times :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:53:02 PM
That's why I was wondering if it would be sort of like SWAT, but no one paid any attention to me. You know "even the police call 911" ? :p

Lieutenant
Jun 21st, 2003, 04:38:17 AM
Their not ALL lieutenants, it's just when I turn up it always includes, at the very least, the one lieutenant.

And yeah, thanx for your support but I'm just going to stick with being a merc army (you may agree with my origonal idea but so many people still don't).

Beside, as a merc army the NR forces/Coruscant watch can still always employ their services when needed. Just contact through any of our members (Lieutenant, the Yojimbos, or the Minister himself).