PDA

View Full Version : Walk with the animals, talk to the animals...

Sejah Haversh
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:32:40 AM
Sejah could hardly belive the ending to the latest book he had read. <u>20,000 Parsecs Into a Black Hole</u> was by far one of the best books he had read since teaching himself how to read. But, now he was finished, and so he closed the volume and sat back against the wall in the living quarters corridoor.

Life had finally returned to the normal, slow pace he knew at the order, and now that he had finished his book, he just thought it time to sit back and relax. Folding his paws behind his head, the mongoose stared out the bay window across from him and vented a deep sigh of relief that he had nothing to do for the rest of the day.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:46:15 AM
Padawan learner. Quay'Na Rakai exited her quarters, her ferret slept lazily on her shoulders. She had to return her lastest text back to the Jedi Archives or it'd be late.

Her master had given her the day off from physical training, since her arm injury. But, that didn't mean, she was off the hook completely.

He had assigned her some literary projects to work on in the meantime.

As she neared the corner, her animal sensing started to stir. Quay'Na stopped for a moment and closed her eyes. Whatever it was, it was very near.

She continued on and stopped short as she saw...she wasn't quite sure. But, it was definitely some kind of wolfman or dog or something. So, being the polite person that she was she smiled and said. "Hello."

Sejah Haversh
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:52:00 AM
Snapping out of his daze, Sejah pulled his paws back from his head to his lap and smiled politely, albiet a little nervously for having been caught unaware.

"Hello," he replied, sitting up straighter and making sure his tail wasn't in the way. It was then that he noticed the ferret on her shoulder, and he looked at it oddly for a moment before continuing, "Don't think I've seen you around here before, are you new to the Jedi?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:59:56 AM
"Yes and no." She replied. "Yes, I am kind of new to the Temple again. I've been gone from here for quite a long time while training. I've been back for a couple of weeks and I've definitely not seen you. But, it's nice to meet you. I'm Quay'Na Rakai." She extended a hand in a friendly gesture.

Sejah Haversh
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:13:09 AM
Sejah was quick to extend his paw to shake her hand with. He used a fairly strong pressure, but nothing too hard to be unfomfortable. If there was something he knew about girls, it was that they didn't like guys with wimpy handshakes. He didn't know much more, though, as he never had much luck with the ladies back home.

"Sejah Haversh, nice to meet you, Quay'Na," he said, "I've been here for about a year or so, so, I guess I'm still kind of a novice. I see you've got a little friend, there." he pointed to the ferret.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:18:13 AM
Quay'na smiled back after shaking his paw and dropped her hand back to her side. "Yes, this is Jax. I received him from my former master a few months back. He's quite the lazy one, but when he's fully awake, I never can seem to shut him up."

Sejah Haversh
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:21:04 AM
"Shut up?" the Nehantite asked. "Does he squeak a lot or something?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:29:47 AM
The Padawan laughed. "No, unfortunately he doesn't. I'm...what you would say...very attuned to animals. I'm a symbiont with nature, you could say. I can hear their thoughts and feel thier presence." She admitted openly. "I know, it must sound strange."

Sejah Haversh
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:35:04 AM
It took a short while for Sejah to register what she was saying, but when it donned on him, his face melted from the smile to one of curious realization.

"Hear their thoughts? You mean, like, telepathy?" He asked tennatively.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:39:33 AM
Quay'Na nodded. "Yes, that's exactly what it is. I've had this ability for a very long time. But, it wasn't until five years ago that it was brought before a Jedi master and I was told it was a Jedi trait. So, here I am."

Sejah Haversh
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:42:39 AM
Getting onto his point, and growing rather excited, Sejah continued, "And, since you know how to do this, do you know if animals use different telepathy? What I mean is, because they have different brains, do you have to do something diffferent in yout telepathy?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:51:22 AM
"Even though, animals have different brains, their sensing abilities are quite the same. I...uh... sensed you from around the corner. No offense, but it's your animal instincts that I suddenly became aware of." She told him with a smile, he was really quite a rather interesting fellow. "If you don't mind me asking, what is your species? I don't think I've ever come across anyone like you before."

Sejah Haversh
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:06:42 AM
Unless you were cheap and needed a loyal mechanic on a clunker of a ship, odds were that you had never seen a Nehantite before. Mechanics and engineers were the two trades that got you off-planet, and Garfife knew that their own ships needed them badly, being old, outdated, and heavily converted models.

Sejah, however, was not a mechanic, or an engineer. He had been a fencer and sword instrructor by trade--a dying occupation, but one he loved dearly. His escape from his homeworld was another story entirely, one best kept for another time.

"I'm a Nehantite," he replied, "And not many of us get out this far from home. You might know the more, well, feral part of my species as the mongoose. But, as you can see, we're really a bit more man than beast. Well, at least in some ways," he shrugged, his tail flicking subconsiously, much to his dismay at that point.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:57:56 PM
Quay'Na smiled. "It doesn't really matter to me, Sejah. We're all here for the same reason, we all want to become Jedi. And I'm always up to meeting new friends." She noticed his book sitting beside him. "You like to read. I do. too. Just about anything actually, but my favorite readings are of different animal species. I like to learn all I can."

Sejah Haversh
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:17:43 AM
"Well, I do like to read," Sejah admitted, "But I'm not very good at it. Guess you could say I'm a bit more partial to stories and fiction than knowledge reading."

Scooting over on the bench to make room for his new aquaintance, the brown-furred Nehantite bade her to have a seat with his paw. "So, who's your master? I know most of the Knights and Masters now, so I might know him or her."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:22:35 AM
Quay'Na took a seat beside him. "My master is Sage Hazzard, I don't know many more at this moment as I've just returned not long ago. But, I'm learning and it's great to finally 'meet' some different Padawans. I never really had that option before."

Sejah Haversh
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:29:39 AM
The moment she said Sage, Sejah's face fell but he tried to cover it. "Master Hazzard, huh?" he said, trying to sound as if nothing bothered him about it. "Well then, I suppose you'll be meeting J'ktal soon, then. He's Sage's padawan as well. Looks kind of like me, but with gray fur and a lot more money."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:38:34 AM
Even though, he tried to hide it. Quay'Na picked up on his mental change. This J'ktal seemed to bother him a bit, even as he voiced the name, something within him seemed different. "I take it, you and this J'ktal don't get along?" She asked quietly as she reached out in search of his feelings within the Force. It was one of her best talents that she could do and not be picked up on it.

Sejah Haversh
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:45:48 AM
"Well, we weren't exactly childhood pals, if that's what you mean," Sejah replied. "We've kind of learned that keepign distance makes things go smoother around here. But, you don't want to hear about that, now do you?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:58:40 AM
Quay'Na studied him for a brief moment. "If talking about something helps out a friend, then I am here to listen. I don't judge people on what they have or don't have, money or otherwise. What I judge people on is what they have in here." She pointed to her heart.

"And you seem to have a lot of heart within you, Sejah or at least what I've picked up on."

"I have not met J'Ktal yet, but I'm sure my day is coming and perhaps then I will see where you are coming from."

Sejah Haversh
Jun 20th, 2003, 01:07:23 PM
"Well, it's not that we have a lot of problems with each other, it's just, well, we don't exactly have much in common. You might like him, though, y'never know," Sejah said, then decided to change subject.

"You said something about coming back to the Order, what did you mean by that?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:51:43 PM
Quay'Na sighed slightly as she thought of what she was going to say. The history behind her was often hard to talk about, but she had to accept it for what it was and learn from it.

"Ira Valko, my former master had taken me on five years ago as her Padawan learner. She knew I had a special talent with animals and as soon as I was welcomed into the Order, we left. She took me to many systems to study different animal species. About a month ago, we had come across some poachers on Naboo. They were slaying Swamp Dragons for their hides and we weren't able to get the authorities before they left, so we followed them."

She paused a moment and then continued. "Unknown to us as we had them arrested, they had friends that planted a bomb on our ship. It blew as we were leaving the atmosphere on Kabal.
We crashed landed and...Ira died." This time it had been easier to explain.

"I had a Sith of a time getting back here. No one would transport Ira's body back and I was forced to perform her funeral there. Then, luckily after making a deal with some traders, they brought me back to Coruscant. And that is when I was finally able to make contact with the Temple and explain what had happened."

Quay'Na glanced at him. "It was quite the experience."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 13th, 2003, 08:58:07 PM
"It sounds like it," Sejah agreed. "It sounds like you're a lot further along than most of the padawans here. I've been here for a while, but I'm still not very skilled at anything. Guess it just takes time," he said.

"So, um, you just roaming the halls today, or were you on your way somewhere?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:09:04 PM
"Actually, I was on my way to the Jedi Achives, care to join me?"

Sejah Haversh
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:23:15 PM
Shrugging his shoulders, Sejah picked up his book and said, "Sure, why not? Do you remember the way? If not, I can show you."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:34:00 PM
"Ummm...I....why don't you refresh my memory? I've slept since then and these halls I'm still not quite used too." Quay'Na asked with a kind smile.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:38:05 PM
"Certainly," Sejah said as he stood up and tucked his book under his arm. Offering a paw to Quay'na, he helped her to her feet, then led the way casually to the Archives. He knew them well, having spent much time in them since Marcus dissappeared.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:13:42 PM
"I really appeciate you taking me here." Quay'Na told him as they entered the Archives. "I'm getting better about learning the halls, but still tend to get turned around."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:24:50 PM
"Oh, trust me, I think I had to have been worse. I couldn't even read when I got here, so I was lost all the time!" he joked.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:32:17 PM
Quay'Na laughed, she liked Sejah. He was a very interesting fellow. "I would guess that would be very hard, Sejah to say the least."

She led him up to the desk and turned in the text she had, quite relieved to have it due on time, for once.

"I have a few other texts to get, to finish my study. You're more than welcome to come along...that is, if you have no other plans at the time."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:34:24 PM
"I have all the time in the world, it seems," Sejah replied with a kind smile. "But what about your little friend on your shoulder, there? Is he usually content to just sit up there for a while?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:38:46 PM
She looked at her sleeping ferret. "Jax? Oh, yeah, he's in a rather lazy mood today. He was up a lot last night running around my quarters for some strange reason. He does that every once in a while, I think he gets cabin fever now that we are no longer in the wilderness."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:53:30 PM
"Can't say I've ever really been in any kind oif wilderness. Sort of a city boy, myself," Sejah explained. "I'm rather used to small rooms."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:59:05 PM
"I'm getting used to it, but I would much prefer wide open spaces. I spend a great deal of time in the gardens, just to relax and settle back into the Force of nature. I meditate alot in several of them, it's my favorite place to be. What about you, Sejah, where's your favorite place in the Temple?"

Sejah Haversh
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:02:16 PM
As they walked along, Sejah answered, "There is a small room, I think it used to be a training room of some kind, near the top of the tower. There's not much in there except for a few boxes, but it has an amazing view. Sometimes I jsut go up there to watch and think."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:10:28 PM
"Sounds very appealing, perhaps you could share the view with me sometime. I'd love to see it." Quay'Na returned with a gentle smile.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 15th, 2003, 01:15:22 AM
Sejah wasn't quite sure how to take what Quay'Na had just sad. It almost as if she had just hit on him, but he couldn't be sure. Nervously rubbing his neck, he swallowed and replied, "Uh, sure, whenever you'd like."

Sejah had never been very good with girls, and his nervousness was kiciking in with full force. Hopefully he didn't show it too much to those who were unfamiliar with his race's very easy-to-read tail-swishing signals.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 15th, 2003, 02:56:57 AM
Quay'Na animal sensing picked up on Sejah's nervousness right away.

Not wanting him to feel uncomfortable, she changed the subject. "I need to loacte another text real quick. A text on Krayt Dragons."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:12:26 AM
Gar, I'm an idiot... ran through Sejah's mind.

"Krayt Dragons," Sejah repeated into the diretory. A list of possible information sprang up, and he stepped aside fromt eh panel to let Quay'Na look it over.

Sejah had never taken much interest in animals, in fact his interests were few and far between, having hardly even been able to indulge them when he lived at home. But, with so much information available in the Archives, it seemed silly to remain so isolated. Perhaps he would try and find something new to learn about while he was there. But picking something would be difficult.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:23:18 AM
Quay stepped up to the directory and gave it a look over. There were a few texts on Krayts, but not too many.

With good reason, Krayts were killers. But, even with that reason the Krayt Dragons, still fascinated the young Padawan.

"Here's one," she told him. "Aisle thirtly-four, shelf K-ninety-one."

Quay smiled and began to scan over the aisle headings. "The Krayt Dragons fascinate me, Sejah. I'd like to study them sometime after I become a Knight. From far away of course. I've read recently where they are being domesticated for their milk and eggs, which totally grosses me out." She located the aisle. "Ah, here we are. Have you ever seen a picture of a Krayt Dragon, Sejah?"

Sejah Haversh
Jul 15th, 2003, 08:35:40 PM
"I can't say that I have," Sejah replied, "Or at least not seen one and knew what it was."

In the back of his mind, the mongoose began to wonder if the Archives would have any information on his home planet. If they had books oneone particualr species, it would only make sense that there would be plenty of information to be found about entire planets.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 15th, 2003, 08:44:53 PM
"I'll have a picture here for you in just a minute." Quay'Na searched the long row of text.

"Here it is," She quietly announced as she grabbed the text and began flipping through it's pages. "Ah, here we go. This is a Canyon Krayt the smaller of the Krayts." She held a picture of the dragon up for Sejah to see.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 15th, 2003, 08:50:15 PM
Sejah looked over and his eyebrows lifted at the sight of the creature. It was scaly, ugly, and downright mean looking. Definitely not something he would want to run into without at least a handgun.

"...Interesting," he finally managed. "And, what do they do?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 15th, 2003, 08:55:19 PM
"Terrize the Jundland waste lands on Tatooine. But, no one lives that far out, but hunting pack go after them for their gizzard pearls. If the hunters aren't stopped one day the Krayts will no longer exist. And they are magificent creatures."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:01:26 PM
"I'll have to take your word for that," Sejah said, looking at the picture again. "Aren't there any preserves for such animals? I know that on Nehantish, a great portion of the waste and some of the lowlands are strictly forbidden for any kind of entry so the wildlife there can survive."

What he didn't add was that nobeast in their right mind would want to go there in the first place, most of the land was not fit for supporting life of men.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:12:57 PM
"The Hutt's of Tatooine really aren't into supporting the Krayts, they are probably the ones who send out the hunters. That's why I'd like to go there to find out someday." She closed the book and sighed heavily.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:15:37 PM
Sejah shook his head in dissappointment that someone could sponsor the death of a species.

"I'll tell you, the penalty for killing a cobra or a sand viper in the Sultan's Waste is death, either at the scene, or in the city square. I've seen it done a few times, myself. Though it happened very seldom."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 15th, 2003, 09:20:23 PM
"Never heard of that species or the area for that matter." Quay'Na commented, perhaps she could learn some valuable information from this Mongoose. "Care to tell me more?"

Sejah Haversh
Jul 16th, 2003, 04:01:14 PM
"Nehantish is the planet I'm from," Sejah explained. "Here, I'm sure I can pull up a book on its wildlife in the archives.

Finding a terminal, the mongoose passed through a few subcategories until he located his planet, and ran a search on information about it, quite certain he would find volumes of information.

His heart dropped to his stomach when all that was turned up was a geogrpahic location for Nehantish, and a few poor photographs, and a few paragraphs of vauge description. Looking at it in disbeleif, Sejah tried to backstep and see if there was any more information, but there was none. Nehantish was evidently not worth anybody's attention, so it seemed.

Disheartened, Sejah turned back to Quay'Na, though he tried to put on a good face. "Well, um, guess there isn't much yet. Anyhow, our snakes have always been an important part of our lives. Most varieties stay at the sizes most planets know, but a few varied species can grow to immense proportions, King Cobras sometimes rach four hundred yards in length. Most do not reach half that, but still,t hey are fearsome predators on my world, and they are hunted for their meat, venom, and skins. But, we do make sure to keep the balance in check to make sure neither us, nor them, dominate their habitat.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:32:33 PM
"Wow," Quay'Na was impressed. "I like reptiles... and some I can even control. But, the ones you talk about, I doubt it at least yet. But, I'd want to make sure, before I came across one of those, which will probably be never."

She smiled shyly at him. "Your system sounds very interesting, Sejah. Perhaps, one day I'll make a voyage there."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:38:23 PM
"It is a beautiful place, it's home," Sejah replied with a shrug. "But, I wouldn't try going aytime soon, if I were you. We've only been exposed to the outside universe for about thirty years, and it is not a very accepting place for outsiders. I'm sorry."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:44:07 PM
"Well, that's alright." Quay'Na replied as she looked down at her text. "I need to check this out real quick."

They headed back up towards the front desk, but she stopped briefly and looked at him. "Oh, I thought I might add...that being a symbiont with nature...I ummm... can hear your thoughts as though you were speaking directly at me."

She wanted to save him any further embarrassment.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:50:31 PM
Sejah nearly fell over as he very quickly stumbled backward. She could read his thoughts? But, he always thought that telepathy with his race was impossible, it always brought pain. He hadn't felt a thing. How much did she know?

Looking away, terribly nervous, Sejah's mind spun in circles until he looked back to her with his pink eyes. "You, you can read my thoughts?" he asked. "How, how much did you hear? Have you..." he trailed off, not really wanting to know how deep she might have delved into his mind and thoughts.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 16th, 2003, 08:57:31 PM
Quay'Na shook her head, she embarrassed him. "Sejah, I would never probe one's thoughts without permission to do so. What has happened is that, when you think as all of us do. Your thoughts just seem to ring out to me...so to say. Now, to communicate with one in the animal kingdom, I would have to use telepathy."

She gave him a reassuring smile. "And as far as that goes...I don't think you're an idiot. In fact, you are quite talented."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:18:39 PM
Calming down, Sejah still felt very vulnerable knowing his own thoughts weren't entirely private. It wasn't that he had things to hide, but more that he couldn't proof everything in his head before he said it. The line between good taste and bad was knowing what not to say. Now, he almost felt as if that luxury had been taken away.

Still, he couldn't fault Quay'Na for it, it was her skill, and she probably couldn't control it any more than he could control thinking about things. That, and she had made no move to embarass him, at least consciously, that was.

Coming to an easy stand again, sejah rubbed the back of his neck, but found himself unable to look directly at her as he said, "Um, thanks, I guess. It's just that, nobody else has been able to do that before. See, when other Jedi try to do telepathy and stuff, it gives me a really bad headache, and I can't understand them. So this is kind of new, and surprising, if you know what I'm trying to say."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:24:34 PM
The Padawan nodded. "I'm sorry, if I've made you feel uncomfortable, Sejah. It's just something that I can't control. It's annoying at times, like walking into a classroom and hearing every little whisper." She bit her lip and looked down at the thought of losing a new friend. "I will understand, if you'd rather keep your distance."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 17th, 2003, 04:03:03 AM
"It's...it's okay," Sejah said reluctantly, "I think it will just take some getting used to, is all. Now, um, about those dragons..."

He trailed off. Even his thughts weren't coherent enough to make sense of anymore.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 17th, 2003, 04:15:18 AM
Quay'Na nodded, she was glad that he didn't want to just walk away from her. But, it also gave her knowledge to a rather interesting path that one day she would have to go down.

Sage's other Padawan, J'ktal...if she could hear Sejah's thoughts that well, what about his? And, once he knew...how would he react? She hoped that he was like Sejah, very understanding.

Sejah was doing his best to over-look the situation, but Quay'Na knew it bothered him, perhaps even more than he realized.

"Ummm, why don't we talk about something else?" She continued her way up to the desk and checked out the text.

Turning, towards the mongoose Quay smiled. "So, what do you do around here for fun?" That was a good subject to get started on she decided.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 17th, 2003, 04:28:08 AM
"Well," Sejah said, giving himself some time to think. "I read a lot, and ry to exercise, but most often I'm kind of bored, or out for a drive in my car. I don't get much training lately, and all, so, I kind of have to train myself however I can. What about you?

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 17th, 2003, 04:34:28 AM
"Well, I spend a lot of time in the gardens. I study a lot and exercise on the balancing beam to stay limber. I don't have a car and usually keep to the grounds. Plus, training with Sage is enough to keep the rest of my time busy."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 17th, 2003, 04:39:40 AM
"Wish I could get some more training," Sejah groused. "I realize thet the Masters have other pulls on their time, but still, I get little instruction, little guideance. I hope things are going better between you and your master than between me and mine."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 17th, 2003, 04:46:17 AM
"He's a great master, but unfortunately I've given him a bit of trouble here and there. Of course, not really meaning too. But, as I heard another Padawan tell me once. Master's have their problems too and they are usually Padawans, he was right." Quay'Na smiled gently as they walked out into the corridor.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:28:36 PM
"You said something about a balance beam," Sejah said. "Are you a gymnast of some kind?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:32:24 PM
Quay'Na smiled slightly as she tucked the text under her arm. "You could say that. I learned many of my moves on Endor."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:40:05 PM
"Endor, really?" Sejah asked. "I hear it's like a giant forest there. I'd love to see something like that someday. Have you seen many different planets?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:43:29 PM
"Yes, I've seen many." She replied. "Five years worth."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:47:25 PM
"Lucky," Sejah said with a grin, "I've only been on three planets. Nehantish, Arcan IV for a few months, then here."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:50:21 PM
"Well, if I had a system to chose it would be a tie between Endor and Naboo. And my least favorite would definitely be Dagobah, that was a nightmare." She shuddered at the thought.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:55:17 PM
"I would like to find a place where the air is warm, but not too muggy, there are plenty of plants, and then... palm trees. And a beach. A really big beach with gentle waters, and shallows that stretch for ages. And fish in the water," Sejah found hismelf wandering off into his own little dream world. It had long been his fantasy to go see a real beach, one unspoiled by tourists. A real, true slice of paradise. It didn't matter that he couldn't swim, in his mind, if he were there, he would instantly know how.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:00:15 PM
"That does sound nice, but unfortunately I've not had the pleasure. Master Ira seemed to want us wandering around in swamps and jungles. Where the humidity was so high, you could cut the air with a knife. Heat I can take, but that humidity is a real killer."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:12:19 PM
"Try it with fur sometime," the mongoose joked.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:28:09 PM
Quay'Na laughed at his comment. It was clear that they were back on track. "I'd have to agree that would be bad."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:31:37 PM
"Not as bad as getting caught in a rainstorm, though," he replied. "I don;t think I need to say that it takes a few towels to get dry after just a regular shower."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:33:46 PM
"So...do you fluff out?" She asked with a grin.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:35:46 PM
"Nah, fur doesn't fluff. Only hair does that. My fur is too coarse to really do anything like that."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:39:11 PM
"Well, that's good." She replied as they rounded another corner. "So, where are we off to, anyway? Any place special? The training rooms perhaps?"

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:42:51 PM
"Dunno, really," Sejah shrugged. "I didn't have much of anywhere in mind. Jsut seeing where the hallway would take us, I guess."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:45:08 PM
Quay'Na nodded expectantly. "Very well, I can handle that. Especially, since I'm still learning my way around."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:51:15 PM
"Well, any parts of the Temple you've heard of, but haven't seen yet?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:57:20 PM
"That is a very good question." She thought for a moment. "I know where the dining facility is and a few of the gardens. I did manage to find the Room of a Thousand Fountains, am I missing anything?"

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:01:59 PM
"You found the hoverpad yet?" Sejah asked. "It's a way's up, but its got a great view."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:05:38 PM
"No, I've never even heard of that place. Lead on."

Sejah Haversh
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:28:59 PM
Guiding his new friend through the hallways, and up the turbolift, Sejah finally brought them to a large set of doors. Pausing, he turned to Quay'Na and said, "Now, brace yourself, the winds up here can be quite strong, sometimes."

And it was true. When the doors slid open, a gust of wind whipped throught he small alcove, and the sights and sounds of upper level Coruscant greeted them. Speeders hurtles past, and colored lights flashed everywhere. At the moment, the hoverpad was empty, so the pair had free reign of it.

Smiling Sejah waved a paw forward and said, "After you."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:37:32 PM
"Wow," Quay'Na said as she stepped out. "This is awesome!" The wind whipped through her hair, causing her long Padawan braid to slap her in the face. "Ow," she grumbled and tucked it into the collar of her tunic. The view was unimaginable.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 24th, 2003, 03:37:12 PM
Leading the way out onto the platform, Sejah let the wind whip through his fur, blowing his tail about freely. Speedercars zoomed by at, above, and below eye level, and the sounds of the city were everywhere. Sejah had to raise his voice over the din to make sure he was heard, "I know it's a little noisy, but, there's nothing else quite like it."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jul 24th, 2003, 03:48:43 PM
That was true. Quay'Na really liked this area that she hadn't ever seen and she enjoyed the company even better. "This is truly too cool, Sejah." She smiled as she stood by him looking out at the rush of speeders, airtaxi's and anything else that could fly, go by.

It was noisy, but not to the point that made it annoying. This was the city and it would be her home for a long time, so she needed to get used to it.